User Reviews for Serax

8.5
Summary of Serax reviews 10 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Serax

Review by Soundchain (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Effective when having a particularly bad day on antidepressants but less effective when not on antidepressants. Find anxiety symptoms aren't overly settled in comparison to Lorazepam unless you take a couple. Plus they take 45 mins minimum to kick in and during an attack, isn't helpful. When not taking antidepressants, got up to 45mg on very bad days but was down to 1-2 tabs a month on antidepressants.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 12:15 PM

Review by Maiseydotes:

For Anxiety: In the hospital, I was having major panic attacks. I was given Serax for bedtime. It was the only time I slept in the hospital.

January 2, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by kaylapaulie:

For Anxiety: Just started taking Serax for my anxiety. I found it to make the anxiety go away!

June 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by Edward zxx (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have been taking Serax/oxazepam for 30 years for anxiety/panic attacks, works great! I started out on 10mg then after a few years was switched to 15mg. The past year or so I have been having trouble sleeping so the Dr. put me on 30mg to take only at night before bed which I do and it works great for sleep. So, I take the 15mg when I need them for anxiety and the 30mg only at night.

March 7, 2013 9:03 AM

Review by jb10068:

For Alcohol Withdrawal: I was prescribed 15mg Serax to take the edge of my anxiety while trying to stop drinking. I didn't have bad withdrawal (i.e. trembling, convulsions, etc) but I needed something to take the edge off. Serax was great for that. I knew when I took a dose around "happy hour" time that I couldn't drink because of the medication so I simply moved on with my life. It made me sleepy and I slept well and woke up with a great deal of energy. Then I read about the addictive aspect of Serax. My doctor said it was safe to use for 2-3 weeks but I was feeling addicted after five days and stopped. Given the choice of alcohol or Serax addiction I'd vote for Serax. My life was good using it.

September 4, 2010 9:25 PM

Review by kbyd506:

For Alcohol Withdrawal: This medicine worked well for my addiction to alcohol. Within a weeks time I was sober and feeling good and a detox facility was not needed. All from the comfort of my own home.

July 9, 2010 3:53 AM

Review by Rus:

For Anxiety: I take 30mg when needed and it makes me calm. Don't mix with alcohol, effective medicine when used as prescribed.

December 2, 2009 6:31 PM

Review by nanthegimp:

For Anxiety: I have chronic pain problems and a huge stress level so I haven't been sleeping. The doctor gave me a few of these to try and I found Serax definitely helps with sleep. I had my first 6 hour sleep in a row last night.

July 3, 2008 1:20 PM

Review by TXHerd:

For Anxiety: I have to admit when I was first perscribed this medication, I was very hesitant to take it. Like with all medications, I didn't know how this would effect me. And asking doctors and nurses, I still wasn't sure. After the first time I took it, I felt better than I have had in a long time. I was calm and very relaxed. I had a small headache, that felt like a mild hangover, but that was the only side effect I had. I highly recommend this medicine.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2008 8:44 PM

Review by HENNY:

For Anxiety: This is really good medicine. I suffer from anxiety attacks, but when I am on this medication, I feel really calm and collective. I do get a little drowsy at times, but the other meds, I am on are possibly causing that. I have very bad mood swings and nervousness when not on this medicine. I highly recommend Serax.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2008 11:30 AM