User Reviews for Orphenadrine

Also known as: Antiflex, Banflex, Flexoject, Flexon, Mio-Rel, Myolin, Norflex, Norflex Injectable, Orfro, Orphenate

Learn more about Orphenadrine.

Muscle Spasm 13 reviews 55 medications

6.7
Migraine 4 reviews 77 medications

5.8
Summary of Orphenadrine reviews 17 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Orphenadrine

Review by karenvabeach:

For Migraine: I suffered for years, this is the only medicine that got rid of my migraines. Everything else just calmed the migraines down but they did not go away. I also found it worked for seasickness, I would get violently sick even on mild water. Now I can enjoy the ocean. I now will be the only one not sick on rough days. I take it with an aspirin and caffeine pill. If you find it doesn't work you might have to up the dose.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 12:18 AM

Review by Gweilo19 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Muscle Spasm: Thoracic and lumbar issues cause constant muscle spasms. Orphenadrine e.r. Helps tame them. It is also the least of the evils when it comes to causing drowsiness.

October 27, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by Dewald (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine: I ended up in ICU with heart palpitations (over 200 bpm). I only took one tablet of Norflex and this happened almost 6 hours after taking it. Turns out I'm allergic to orphenadrine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 4:49 PM

Review by granny granny (taken for less than 1 month):

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I so grateful to find something to stop the spasms in my back! The spasms were coming about every 3 minutes much like labor pains! Pain killers were not working. Before taking Norflex, it took about a month to get through the spasms. I have been taking Norflex for the past three days and the relief is wonderful.

February 15, 2013 6:42 PM

Review by love life:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I found Norflex the only medicine that help to reduce my whiplash pain with minimal side effects. I only take one tablet in the morning on rising, it changed my life by reducing the severe pain of whiplash.

January 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Review by Aching in Ohio:

For Muscle Spasm: After several years of Flexerill, Baclofen, Soma, etc. my Doctor decided to try Orphenadrine. I fell as a teen and cracked several vertebra, DDD, osteoarthritis, sciatica along with neuromuscular demyelination and four (4) herniated lumbar disks. Two failed surgeries caused part of the problems (scar tissue removal around the nerves). The muscle spasms and sciatica are very intense, Orphenadrine is leaps and bounds over everything other than Soma, like many others Soma just puts me out. Two 100mg caps a day along with three baclofen (and my other meds) has made a tremendous difference.

December 8, 2012 2:33 PM

Review by Nurse56 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I was given this while living in the Philippines as a combo med with Acetaminophen. It worked better than any pain medicine I had ever used without the side effects of stomach upset (Ibuprofen) or fatigue, sleepiness (codeine).

November 8, 2012 2:30 PM

Review by Snap_Crackle:

For Muscle Spasm: I have severe osteoarthritis of hip-knee-spine. This medicine has minimized the spasm I get in my right hip and the spasm and nerve pain from sciatic nerve compression in the right leg. Helps with 'restless leg' also.

April 1, 2012 2:40 PM

Review by FlatOnMyBack:

For Muscle Spasm: In the last 10 years I have had 6 back surgeries. Several just Lamenectomies and 3 adding hardware and artificial disc replacement. I have many diagnosis including degenerative disc disease, narrowing of the spine, radiculapathy, failed back syndrome, etc, etc. I find when my muscles are relaxed I experience less pain since my spine isn't being contracted and less nerves are being pinched. This muscle relaxer worked GREAT had much less need for the narcotic pain medicines.

March 5, 2012 7:26 PM

Review by brendaervin:

For Muscle Spasm: Just started taking them for my back pain and I feel better already.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2011 7:30 AM

Review by BSC1819:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: Had a herniated disc in between my L-5,S-1 vertebrae and had been prescribed Percocet for 7 months. Had 3 epidural steroid injections that worked for a while but then faded away. Finally had surgery and as a bodybuilder had a lot of muscle in my lower back to cut through to shave the disk off of the nerve. Was prescribed the Percocet still and Soma for muscle spasms and pain. All Soma did was make me pass out with little effect. Was currently changed to Norflex for the spasms and I only take 1 pill a day and it has done wonders without any side affects. Highly recommended for anyone with spasms or migraines.

June 28, 2011 1:34 AM

Review by vaughan121:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Migraine: Made me blurry, drowsy and cognitive dulling. Short trial only (two weeks) then stopped due to side effects.

April 19, 2010 7:15 PM

Review by oneida, ny:

For Muscle Spasm: I started having severe lower back pain in 1995 and was prescribed Flexeril at the time. I ended up staying on it until 2009. My new doctor decided to take me off it for 3-months and I ended up in the ER with my back in severe pain, every 3 weeks like clockwork. They decided to try the ophenadrine at 100mg. I take it once a day in the morning and I haven't felt so good in all the years. I was on the Flexeril 40mg. I don't know how long it will keep working but I've been taking one a day for a whole month now and I'm about to run out.. with no refills. I'm very-nervous about the pain coming back but for now I give this medicine a thumbs up.

December 21, 2009 2:41 AM

Review by Depaul44:

For Migraine: I was first given this medicine for intractable migraines at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. The headaches were so severe that I could not even lay my head on a pillow. After treatment with Orphenadrine Citrate 60mg IM every 6 hours. No more migraines. I maybe have to take it once a month. When they occur.....it takes care of them. This is adjunct emergency medicine I might add. They placed me on Verapamil 180 SA once a day and Keppra at night. So far so good. Headache free for the first time in over 15 months. My doctor there was great.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2009 1:25 AM

Review by Judy69:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I was given the medication by my family doctor for a muscle I pulled in my back. Even after 3 days I am still in pain. It has done nothing for me.

February 16, 2009 10:41 PM

Review by KevinfromFlorida:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I find Norflex to be an amazing treatment for neck muscle spasms. I lead a pretty stressful life and every now (once every 3 months or so) and then suffer from muscle spasms in my neck and upper shoulder areas. This can be extremely painful. Sometimes by just taking 2 tables before I go to bed, will cure the problem. I have never needed to take more than 3 doses to relieve the spasm. There have been occasions that I did not have any Norflex and it will take quite a few days for the spasm to pass, even with regular massaging.

September 21, 2008 8:36 AM

Review by vicki420:

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: I was doing good on this for about the first 2 months now it seems I need something a bit stronger. Looking for the next upgrade.

March 29, 2008 9:01 PM