User Reviews for Orphenadrine

Also known as: Antiflex, Banflex, Flexoject, Flexon, Mio-Rel, Myolin, Norflex, Norflex Injectable, Orfro, Orphenate

Learn more about Orphenadrine.

Muscle Spasm 18 reviews 53 medications

6.8
Migraine 4 reviews 68 medications

5.8
Summary of Orphenadrine reviews 22 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Orphenadrine

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "Very usefull for stress and muscle pain. But in the beginning a lot of side effects, due to the fact that I took 100 mg a day. (I only weight 45 kg). Now I"m taking 1/2 every day, sometimes every two days. I feel very good, and my husband is very happy, it saved my relation."

Cuy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I have 2 discs that press on my spine in my neck, as well as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis & an auto-immune disease. I recently came off of Methadone & Percocet, unintentionally, when I had just enough to get to my appointment with the pain specialist I was scheduled to see for the 1st time, but he got sick & they had to reschedule me. In addition to withdrawal, my pain level kept rising, to the point that every bone & muscle in my body hurt worse than I have ever been in!!! It's the only time I've ever used "9.9" to describe my pain! I have had to go to the ER several times in the last month. I was given Norflex 2 of those times, when I had a pinched nerve. Norflex helped SO MUCH MORE than ANY of the muscle relaxers I had at home!"

BellaGirlSmiles June 9, 2015

Norflex Injectable (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I received 60mg of norflex inter-muscular injection due to a pulled muscle in my shoulder blade around 3pm. About half an hour of receiving the shot I was very sleepy after getting home and slept for 6 hours, when I woke I had hives all over my body and went to the ER, where they gave me IV Benadryl and IV Pepcid ( some kind of steroid ) the rash dimmed a little so they sent me home with prescribed Epi pens, Benadryl, and a steroid. Got home around midnight and went to sleep after taking my meds, when I woke the next morning I was covered in hives again but twice as many, so I went back to the ER when they told me this could last up to 5 days. I'm on day 3 now my entire body feels all bruised with itchy hives. I'm not allergic to anything."

Tessie Bergeron (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was given this medicine for muscle spasms in the emergency room after 3 visits and 2 different hospitals. First I received an injection of Norflex and than a prescription for 2 a day for eight days. These pills worked wonders for the muscle spasms I had been having for about 3 months. I have been pain free for 4 months now."

Kandi lady (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was perscribed 2 100 mg tablets twice a day for muscle spasms. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Only took 2 1 in morning and 1 in evening. I was up for 3 days straight jittery, agitated, mildly confused and spaced out. I had no pain but could not function a normal life on Norflex. I am 120 pounds."

Shajinka (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Migraine: "I suffered for years, this is the only medicine that got rid of my migraines. Everything else just calmed the migraines down but they did not go away. I also found it worked for seasickness, I would get violently sick even on mild water. Now I can enjoy the ocean. I now will be the only one not sick on rough days. I take it with an aspirin and caffeine pill. If you find it doesn't work you might have to up the dose."

karenvabeach July 28, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Thoracic and lumbar issues cause constant muscle spasms. Orphenadrine e.r. Helps tame them. It is also the least of the evils when it comes to causing drowsiness."

Gweilo19 (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2013

For Migraine: "I ended up in ICU with heart palpitations (over 200 bpm). I only took one tablet of Norflex and this happened almost 6 hours after taking it. Turns out I'm allergic to orphenadrine."

Dewald (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I so grateful to find something to stop the spasms in my back! The spasms were coming about every 3 minutes much like labor pains! Pain killers were not working. Before taking Norflex, it took about a month to get through the spasms. I have been taking Norflex for the past three days and the relief is wonderful."

granny granny (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2013

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I found Norflex the only medicine that help to reduce my whiplash pain with minimal side effects. I only take one tablet in the morning on rising, it changed my life by reducing the severe pain of whiplash."

love life January 27, 2013

For Muscle Spasm: "After several years of Flexerill, Baclofen, Soma, etc. my Doctor decided to try Orphenadrine. I fell as a teen and cracked several vertebra, DDD, osteoarthritis, sciatica along with neuromuscular demyelination and four (4) herniated lumbar disks. Two failed surgeries caused part of the problems (scar tissue removal around the nerves). The muscle spasms and sciatica are very intense, Orphenadrine is leaps and bounds over everything other than Soma, like many others Soma just puts me out. Two 100mg caps a day along with three baclofen (and my other meds) has made a tremendous difference."

Aching in Ohio December 8, 2012

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was given this while living in the Philippines as a combo med with Acetaminophen. It worked better than any pain medicine I had ever used without the side effects of stomach upset (Ibuprofen) or fatigue, sleepiness (codeine). "

Nurse56 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I have severe osteoarthritis of hip-knee-spine. This medicine has minimized the spasm I get in my right hip and the spasm and nerve pain from sciatic nerve compression in the right leg. Helps with 'restless leg' also."

Snap_Crackle April 1, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "In the last 10 years I have had 6 back surgeries. Several just Lamenectomies and 3 adding hardware and artificial disc replacement. I have many diagnosis including degenerative disc disease, narrowing of the spine, radiculapathy, failed back syndrome, etc, etc. I find when my muscles are relaxed I experience less pain since my spine isn't being contracted and less nerves are being pinched. This muscle relaxer worked GREAT had much less need for the narcotic pain medicines."

FlatOnMyBack March 5, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "Just started taking them for my back pain and I feel better already."

brendaervin July 15, 2011

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "Had a herniated disc in between my L-5,S-1 vertebrae and had been prescribed Percocet for 7 months. Had 3 epidural steroid injections that worked for a while but then faded away. Finally had surgery and as a bodybuilder had a lot of muscle in my lower back to cut through to shave the disk off of the nerve. Was prescribed the Percocet still and Soma for muscle spasms and pain. All Soma did was make me pass out with little effect. Was currently changed to Norflex for the spasms and I only take 1 pill a day and it has done wonders without any side affects. Highly recommended for anyone with spasms or migraines."

BSC1819 June 28, 2011

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Migraine: "Made me blurry, drowsy and cognitive dulling. Short trial only (two weeks) then stopped due to side effects."

vaughan121 April 19, 2010

For Muscle Spasm: "I started having severe lower back pain in 1995 and was prescribed Flexeril at the time. I ended up staying on it until 2009. My new doctor decided to take me off it for 3-months and I ended up in the ER with my back in severe pain, every 3 weeks like clockwork. They decided to try the ophenadrine at 100mg. I take it once a day in the morning and I haven't felt so good in all the years. I was on the Flexeril 40mg. I don't know how long it will keep working but I've been taking one a day for a whole month now and I'm about to run out.. with no refills. I'm very-nervous about the pain coming back but for now I give this medicine a thumbs up."

oneida, ny December 21, 2009

For Migraine: "I was first given this medicine for intractable migraines at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. The headaches were so severe that I could not even lay my head on a pillow. After treatment with Orphenadrine Citrate 60mg IM every 6 hours. No more migraines. I maybe have to take it once a month. When they occur.....it takes care of them. This is adjunct emergency medicine I might add. They placed me on Verapamil 180 SA once a day and Keppra at night. So far so good. Headache free for the first time in over 15 months. My doctor there was great."

Depaul44 November 23, 2009

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was given the medication by my family doctor for a muscle I pulled in my back. Even after 3 days I am still in pain. It has done nothing for me. "

Judy69 February 16, 2009

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I find Norflex to be an amazing treatment for neck muscle spasms. I lead a pretty stressful life and every now (once every 3 months or so) and then suffer from muscle spasms in my neck and upper shoulder areas. This can be extremely painful. Sometimes by just taking 2 tables before I go to bed, will cure the problem. I have never needed to take more than 3 doses to relieve the spasm. There have been occasions that I did not have any Norflex and it will take quite a few days for the spasm to pass, even with regular massaging."

KevinfromFlorida September 21, 2008

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was doing good on this for about the first 2 months now it seems I need something a bit stronger. Looking for the next upgrade."

vicki420 March 29, 2008