Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Xenical

Learn more about Xenical.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 8 medications

Obesity 36 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Xenical reviews 37 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Xenical

For Obesity: Very effective but couldn't handle all the visits to the loo. After too many visits to the toilet I cut down to one a day. I ate two virtually fat free meals for breakfast and lunch and then took just one pill with my evening meal. Stopped me snacking completely, fear of accidents! steady weight loss approximately 1kg per week. Very good but stock up on the toilet roll. Taking one pill with just my evening meal means that my toilet trips are evening/night. This suited my lifestyle much better as don't have the kind of job where I can be dashing off every five minutes!

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2010 4:34 PM

Review by joysan:

For Obesity: It's almost a week now I started Xenical, and it works good for me. I have lost 8lbs so far. I am still looking forward for what will happen in 2 to 3 months. I just do exercise twice a week. Thank you Xenical.

February 25, 2010 9:41 PM

Review by bigmacandfries:

For Obesity: Just over 4 weeks ago I started taking Xenical that my doctor prescribed me. On the day of started I was 23 stone 13 lbs, I am now 22 stone 5lbs, so I have lost 21lbs in just over 4 weeks! I was sensible enough to read online reviews and decided to make sure I eat as less fat as possible. When I'm hungry at lunch I occasionally had a egg and bacon sandwich but cooked in no fat and using fry lite spray, cut the fat off the meat. I have a sensible normal dinner and breakfast sometimes toast with no butter with a banana inside or a couple slices ham. I have cut out all the junk. Side effects for the first few days slight tummy cramp and very occasionally a looser stool when going to the toilet, but no other side effects at all.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2010 6:00 AM

Review by KyleH:

For Obesity: I've been on Xenical for 8 weeks now and I've lost 24 pounds so far, I'm averaging 3 pounds a week.I've cut back about 20% of my calorie intake and with the pill I've cut my fat intake in half. I also go for 1/2 hour walks each day. With most meals I've cut back the portions that I was eating and have done substitutions of meals such as Grilled cheese sandwiches instead of having 2 Burgers, also 1% milk instead of 2%. I bake potatoes in the microwave than cut them up and fry them instead of eating heavily fat laden hashbrowns and I'm also eating lots of Fibre foods, and eating fat free egg whites(flavored) instead of regular eggs.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2009 10:43 PM

For Obesity: Feels like something running around in my stomach, really bad wind, scared to poop in case of an accident. Couldn't sleep until 5am for fear of an accident in bed. Had two accidents already in 3 days. Oily discharge leaking and making my underwear smell bad as well, which must be noticeable. Haven't taken my second dose today. Want to give this a fair trial but unable to leave the house for fear of accidents. Will see if half the 120mg dosage works better on me.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2009 11:33 AM

Review by cassie36:

For Obesity: I started using Xenical one week ago and am already seeing the difference by the way my clothes fit. The side effects are not bad compared to the results.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2009 11:01 PM

For Obesity: I found Xenical to work very well. True it did have side effects, but that was a good motivator to make healthier food choices. When I was food wise, I didn't have any problems. I lost 10 pounds in 1.5 months walking 10,000 steps per day and eating healthy. I did get the headaches associated with the side effects, but they weren't as bad as my normal sinusitis headaches, so it was do-able. I would recommend this to anyone in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise. Exercise is a must, because this does not speed your metabolism up. Have faith, stay strong and you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to.

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2008 7:54 AM

Review by jbod:

For Obesity: Im 33 and I've just been prescribed Xenical today and plan to start using it first thing in this morning. The comments posted have given me some confidence for using this drug. I just don't look forward to the extra bathroom visits. I will keep on using the website and who knows this time next year I will be on my way to my target weight. Starting at 242 lbs and target is 185 lbs.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2008 11:02 AM

Review by cindypoohbear:

For Obesity: I went to my doctor in april of 2000, my weight was 218 lbs and I am only 5 ft 1 inch, so you can imagine me being just as round as tall. I took the pills 3 x a day and walked 1 to 2 miles twice a day. I was down to 135 lbs by the following summer of 2001. I did put on some weight starting in 2003 to 2004 as I had got married and my whole cooking habits changed. I am walking on my treadmill daily now and eating better. Trying to take it off again.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2008 9:05 AM

Review by Yesi74:

For Obesity: Xenical is great!! On 3 months I lost 30 pounds , never gain it back!!! I'm doing it again , my goal is 30 or 40 more. Side effects....true , but you lear how to handle it!!

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2008 3:45 PM

Review by Wendy Miami:

For Obesity: Xenical made look skinnier than ever. I also controlled my calorie intake while i was taking them. I went from 140 to 125. i was 125lbs when i was 15 yrs old, now I am 32. the issue with the bothrooms trips is true and kind of uncomfortable but but you will learn to deal with situation.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2008 9:54 PM

For Obesity: Xenical really helped me, but some of the bowel problems I had made it marginal. I was hit by all the side effects.

February 24, 2008 7:37 PM

Review by Noodles:

For Obesity: Xenical helped me immensely.

April 21, 2007 1:16 AM

Review by mybabymz43:

For Obesity: Hello my name is mary an want to tell you about xenical that I have taken in 02 this drug is great I had lost 185lbs. I went from 400lbs down to 215lbs in 2yrs my Dr. told me Mary you didn't put it on over nite, so your not going to take it off over nite either. So we worked together on this. my diet, yes it works great. I'm going back on it once again. Thank You XENICAL

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2007 10:47 AM