User Reviews for Xenical

Learn more about Xenical.

Obesity 59 reviews 60 medications

8.5
Summary of Xenical reviews 59 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Xenical

For Obesity "I promised an update so here it is! Just over 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat and I am now a stone (14 lbs) lighter! My clothes feel looser and I'm over the moon! As others have said, this isn't a 'miracle drug', you do have to change your eating habits and get moving. Knowing the (fairly immediate) consequences of having a fatty meal whilst on this medication has really helped me to monitor my intake. I've also found it has helped me eat 3 meals a day, which I have never done in my life, I was always a one meal a day (and junk in between) kind of girl! I've never felt so optimistic about losing weight, and being able to keep it off, thanks to my new found awareness of fat levels in my meals :)"

Serial snacker(2) (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Obesity "I've been reading some of the reviews on Xenical and I find some of you complain the drug doesn't work. Let me just clear some stuff up for you. If you aren't a calorie limit diet, you still eat whatever you want and you hardly move a muscle then this drug is NOT for you. This isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight overnight without any effort, you have to make the effort to exercise a little, moderate your food proportion and set a calorie limit every day. Xenical just absorbs the food's fats but it's YOUR JOB to make sure the fat intake is low so you won't have a bad time in the bathroom. 2 weeks ago I weighed 315 and that was my heaviest weight. Today I'm 293 and I already started my weight loss goal before taking Xenical"

Elizabeth. H January 31, 2016

For Obesity "I started on Mon, it's now Wed, and I'm already 4lb down!After reading up before I started, I planned my low fat menu & I've stuck to it! Day 1-first tablet with a salad at 2pm. 3pm I had the sudden urge, had to wait 30 mins as I was out, and I don't think I could have waited a minute longer! As I had eaten a very healthy lunch, I can only put this down to residual fat in my system from the day(s) before. Since then I've been fine, no side effects. I'm only 3 days in however nothing has EVER stopped me snacking, yet I haven't even wanted to with this. It definitely makes you look at what you are eating to avoid the side effects, which has left me shocked at how much fat I ate before! I will update in a couple of weeks, good luck to you all!"

Serial snacker January 14, 2016

For Obesity "I have been using xenical since more than 15 days and it is showing very little effect on me. I noticed the oil execretion in the stool for 3 to 4 times during the whole past period. My weight didn't change also. However, I know some people who are using xenical, and they are getting rid of a lot of oil; though they are talking only 1 pil per day; unlike me who is talking a pil with each meal..."

nmallah January 1, 2016

For Obesity "Started xenical 6 days ago. As I'm a nightshift worker without bathroom conveniently available all the time I decided to start on days off & with some fat in my diet to see how severe the consequences maybe. Ate cheese salami & crackers and took a pill..thinking the effects would follow soon. Some 12 hours later the oil / fat passed..& for 6 days that has been my experience. I've lost 2.1 kg so far I'm really happy but have been really thirsty. Which is o.k. Not hungry though.."

Gundy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Obesity "When I got out of high school I weighed about 350lbs (25st, 158kg) so my doctor put me on xenical and it worked amazingly. For the first time in my life, I was able to lose weight. I lost 70lbs in about 8 months. It was uncomfortable too, having some sudden needs to use the washroom and leaking oil. But, I saw fatty foods differently and totally changed my eating habits, so I lost another 30lbs on my own. For about 14 years after that I kept around that weight, but gained a lot more recently with lifestyle changes, and started the pills again 2 weeks ago. I'm already down 10lbs, and with a better diet, no bad experiences with the washroom. If you're obese, I highly recommend taking these pills with a good diet and exercise."

Christoph Condo December 8, 2015

For Obesity "These pills are amazing! I've been on them for 3 days and I've lost 7lbs already. My start weight was high - 18.5st :( Only 2 side effects for me, feeling thirsty more often and one urgent trip to the bathroom after salmon."

midnight muncher (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

For Obesity "I've been on Xenical/Orlistat for 5 days and have lost 3.1kg (about 6lb)! I'm really, really happy with the results. I've had a gastric band 2 and half years but then gained all the weight (20kg) back when I went on antidepressants (Citalopram), which then made me feel more depressed as no matter what I did the weight just wouldn't budge - which is very common with anti-depressants. I finally quit the meds and noticed I was gaining more weight after. Let's note I did not eat more than a 'fist' portion, as my stomach just cannot physically take it, so it wasn't the food, just my metabolism that basically went on a full year strike. Anyway, I had to turn to Orlistat as a last resort but I am loving it! Finally something's working!!"

nenehh November 14, 2015

For Obesity "I have been taking this for 2 whole wks and haven't lost no weight! Although I have all the side effects "

BettyZ October 19, 2015

For Obesity "I have taken these tablets before and they really helped me on my path to weight loss. The doctor gave me 3 months supply I lost a stone and a half then proceeded to lose a further 2 stone myself over the following 2 years slow but taught me portion and fat control and that was with barely any exercising apart from the odd burst of power walks with friends during summer months. So after just having a baby 3 months ago I lost 2 stone instantly in first 2 weeks but due to the section I'm suffering joint pain and tiredness so unable to exercise properly the doctor has given me orlistat/xenical again. It's my first week weigh in tomorrow and I've already lost 6lb in 6 day's and trust me I've not starved just ate more sensibly."

julietwest October 8, 2015

For Obesity "I've been taking this for just 8 days and it WORKS. I am 5'8 and weighed 79.3 kilos at my height.. when I weighed myself day before yesterday I weighed 77.2 These pills work because they FORCE the fat out of you and if you eat bad food they don't care where you are or what you're doing at that second... you WILL sh** yourself! I have a Fitbit and have been making myself walk back from work 25 mins each day so together with normal days walking also average 5-6 miles. So lost over 2 kilos without a lot of effort in just over a week. These really work. I'll be buying some more until the beer belly that haunted my late twenties is slayed and I can see my abs again! :-)"

Drink too much love burgers (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2015

For Obesity "I've currently been on this medication for only 2 weeks and I have already lost a stone with no side effects due to sticking to a low fat diet but this hasn't stopped me from eating my naughty treats I just now make a homemade healthier version, which if I'm honest I enjoy more there are a lot of healthy options of food out there to trick your mind into thinking something naughty I recently purchased some chicken sausages and they are lovely. Looking forward to continuing my journey on this medication"

bear1987 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Obesity "Took it for one month and a half. Didn't lose even one pound! It didn't work for me obviously. I have to say that yes you excrete fat when you eat fatty things and on days where you watch your food choices, it keeps you clean. But either ways, no results for me."

Medya (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Obesity "I've been taking this for about four days now but haven't changed my diet much. I really don't advise doing this, as I literally just shat myself. But I'm not absorbing as much fat as I would through my diet (which is about to change!) So successful so far :)"

HonestlyFailing (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Obesity "i have lost over 10 pounds in 2 weeks and have had no problem with them at all... I am sticking to low fat labels and cutting out all the bad stuff, the tablets are great because it gets you in the mindset of knowing that theres consequences if you have a lot of fat."

Pebbles122 August 7, 2015

For Obesity "Hi I started taking this medication 3 days ago. I have been running to the toilet a lot. It takes all the oil out which was very disturbing for me in the start but now getting used 2 it. I weighed 93kg which it about 205 lbs. Dr has advised me 2 come back in a month time and get my weight checked - lets hope for the best and will update u if it worked on me. Good luck 2 every1"

Sana butt July 25, 2015

For Obesity "I took it two weeks n lost TEN POUNDS"

Bre C July 3, 2015

For Obesity "I'm on the implanon so I can't manage to lose weight with anything I do but with xenical I have already lost 2 kgs in just 2 days, have not exercised as I am sick at the moment, have two a day with my two meals (lunch and dinner) only thing I stop myself from is snacking (which is tough), can't wait to continue with this product!"

onamission May 15, 2015

For Obesity "can i lose my weight with this"

asif ali khan May 4, 2015

For Obesity "This medicine helped me lose 13 pounds in 3 weeks. Still I have to lose 47 pounds to be in perfect BMI range. No side effects so far, may be because I don't eat oily/fatty food much."

John.pk (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "First let me start by saying yes if you eat the wrong foods you will have a bad time. This is a sort of magic pill but you need the right ingredients. Think low fat!You will become aware of what you can and can't eat. I've been on a low fat diet with exercise coupled with these pills. I've been working hard and seeing amazing results. My doctor has said I will probably only need these pills for six months to get to where I need to be. My first weigh in saw me lose 10kgs that's around 21lbs or 1.5st dependant on what you work with. I've cut out all the bad things and have been walking at least a mile a day. As well as doing other exercises a couple times a week. I'm living proof it works.no accidents either. 19st 5 to 17st and counting!"

llc99 February 18, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I have only been on this medication for 2 months now in my first weigh in I lost 6lb 6oz and my second weigh in I lost the same again, overall 12lb 12oz just 2lb short of a stone couldn't believe I've lost weight so quick when I could never lose weight on my own, I've not exercised on these tablets and have just ate normal which is naughty of me, I started off at 21 stone and I'm now at 20 got a long way to go as my goal is back to 8 stone from what I was originally if I keep this up tho and eat healthily and exercise more I'll be slim before I know it and I'll be happy again"

Courts (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I took Xenical years ago. Was working a very physical postal job so I did get quite a bit of exercise but before taking it had not lost much. Once I started it, I lost thirty pounds within a couple of months with very little effort. Side effects were minimal as long as I didnt eat excessive fat but as good as it worked, I could handle them."

dkreed9 November 2, 2014

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started out weighing 98kgs in May 2014, I have an underactive thyroid, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, with Irritable bowl, so I eat a Gluten Free Diet. my exercise levels are high, I swim 2-3 miles a week, work out 3-4 mornings a week (power hooping, kettle bells and situps to name a few) and I work in an active environment with Special Needs Children. Because of how active I am and I could not lose weight the doctor put me on Orlistat. I have now lost over 8Kgs and my next weigh in is the end of this month (August). I find it easy to do, I eat a low fat diet anyway so that hasn't been too hard but I do find myself being careful of my lower body functions. I've been caught out a couple of times which can be unpleasant but I'm happy with the loss so far."

Beetlebugmik August 13, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "Just starting month 3 on Xenical. My BMI has dropped below 30, so no longer obese. Still a way to go, but over a stone gone & kept off. Feel so much better. Sleeping better, eating better & jogging (never jogged in my life!). Looking forward to my next weigh in, in Sept."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2014

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next