User Reviews for Xenical

Learn more about Xenical.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 8 medications

Obesity 36 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Xenical reviews 37 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Xenical

Review by Beetlebugmik:

I started out weighing 98kgs in May 2014, I have an underactive thyroid, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, with Irritable bowl, so I eat a Gluten Free Diet. my exercise levels are high, I swim 2-3 miles a week, work out 3-4 mornings a week (power hooping, kettle bells and situps to name a few) and I work in an active environment with Special Needs Children. Because of how active I am and I could not lose weight the doctor put me on Orlistat. I have now lost over 8Kgs and my next weigh in is the end of this month (August). I find it easy to do, I eat a low fat diet anyway so that hasn't been too hard but I do find myself being careful of my lower body functions. I've been caught out a couple of times which can be unpleasant but I'm happy with the loss so far.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: Just starting month 3 on Xenical. My BMI has dropped below 30, so no longer obese. Still a way to go, but over a stone gone & kept off. Feel so much better. Sleeping better, eating better & jogging (never jogged in my life!). Looking forward to my next weigh in, in Sept.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 6:56 AM

Review by skinny galwoo:

For Obesity: I love this medicine! Weight loss seems effortless with being on it. Lost 20 pounds.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I was skeptical of a safe, limited side effects weight loss medicine but as I was over 100 kilos and had high blood pressure I wanted to get on top of the situation. Although reasonably expensive I can only recommend this as I've lost 20 kilos over 3 months, including abstaining from gluten and sugar (most of the time) and avoiding overly salted processed foods. Whenever you eat something that is a bit fatty (10 grams or more to 100 grams of fat) take one of these after and you can be comfortable 30%~ of that fat will not be adding to the places you don't want it to be. Remember not to go all out on a junk food binge though, the toilet aftermath can be pretty damn rough. And accidents do happen.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 4:36 AM

For Obesity: Just been back for my 2nd months of tablets. Lost 10lb in the 1st 3 wks of being on Xenical & gone from an size 18 to a comfortable 16. Eating more healthily, but need to start exercising if this is going to work properly. It doesn't work for everyone, but definitely worth trying if you're struggling with your weight.

June 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Review by cassiecass:) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I've been taking Xenical 120mg tablets as I was close to 19 stone, I've always been a big girl, but having an underactive thyroid plus polycystic ovarian syndrome just kept me gaining weight, which made me depressed, which made me eat more. I've been on them 5 weeks in the first 4 weeks I've lost 18llbs, and am due to get weighed in 3 weeks again, I've been going gym and swimming as well and sticking to 2000 calories.

June 7, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Lara's moving forward!:

For Obesity: Been on orlistat for 2 months and so far lost 21 pounds. You really have to watch what you eat as the side effects can be very unpleasant. Let's just say I had to buy extra toilet cleaner. Stay away from fast foods and sugary snacks. Stock up on vegetables and fruit. This is not a miracle pill, you have to put work into it, but it helps a lot. Going back to my GP to get my 3rd months prescription. Looking forward to a healthier me.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by charliecf83:

For Obesity: I was prescribed Xenical a few years ago and lost just over three stone in four months. I went from a size 18 to a 14 and felt fantastic! I even joined the local gym. Unfortunately my weight stayed the same for a couple of months so I was taken off them. Since then I've had another baby and finding time to eat healthy has been a struggle for me, I am now 16 stone. The doctor has once again prescribed Xenical and I'm determined to keep the weight off this time. If you struggle with diets then I would recommend these, fingers crossed.

February 5, 2014 4:03 AM

Review by jojom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I have been reading your experiences with Xenical. I have been taking this for 2 months on 3rd July and so far have lost nearly 3 stone. I find it really makes you think about the foods you choose to eat because you don't want any nasty side effects. I can honestly say I have had none at all. Been on a low cal, low fat diet and exercising every day. I started out weighing 14 stone 10lbs and now weigh 11 stone 11 lbs. If I can do it with 3 children then anyone can. Power to you all, you are an inspiration.

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Review by lucy In Texas:

For Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Feeling really great. Dr thought this medication would help me.

January 30, 2013 9:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: It's been amazing.... I lost 15lbs the first two months, I've continued taking it and average 2-3 lbs loss every month. My heaviest weight was 205 and as of my last weight check, I'm at 165 and dropping. At the beginning I was doing a lot of exercise which I think helped a lot, now it's colder and I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at so I've slowed down, but I do believe that the side effects and results have made managing weight so much easier. I've turned a few friends on to it and they are just as big a believer as me. Trust me the side effects are worth it!

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2012 3:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I was first prescribed these tablets last year but didn't make a proper go of it, I had post natal depression and a baby who never slept, so healthy eating and exercise felt impossible. I'm now heavier than before I was pregnant (I weigh 20 st ) and feel strong enough to make a proper attempt to shift the weight. I am eating 1600 cals per day and walking uphill for 45 mins a day. The side effects are awful (never ever assume its just a fart!!) but I'd rather the fat was in the loo than adding pounds to my body - sorry to be so explicit . I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and starting to feel the difference. I have a phobia of scales so going to wait til my monthly doctor appointment to see the weight coming off. I'll update again.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2012 9:59 AM

Review by Keiteen:

For Obesity: I was not the really type of girl who'd sacrifice food to lose weight so I tried to taking Xenical because I've heard that it really is effective. I used to be 176 pounds, but after 2 weeks of taking Xenical, I am now weighing 158 pounds. So 18 pounds with no effort of giving up my cravings. The side effects doesn't bother me much because it always doesn't come at the wrong time.

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2012 10:31 PM

Review by hides 9353:

For Obesity: Well just thought I would update you all. I left a comment on here last week. Had my first weigh in yesterday and I have lost 11 pounds. Doctor has prescribed me these now for 2 more months and got to have another review in 2 months time. I'm so glad that these pills are working. My confidence has been given a right boost. Still suffering with lose stools but watching what I'm eating but everything is moving in the right direction.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2011 7:24 AM

For Obesity: I had a gallbladder removal in August 2011 and my weight shot up to 13.4 stones. I have been on these tablets for 3 weeks now and I have lost a staggering 9 pounds. My GP prescribed them to me on a trial basis to see if these would work and yes they have. I have my first weigh in next Tuesday so I'm happy to go back and tell him I've lost weight and hopefully he will prescribe me some more. I do often get side effects but nothing that I can't handle but it has made me more aware of the foods I should be eating. Exercising. Never did that before and now I do. I do 10 minutes on my Vibro plate am and pm, 20 sit ups am and pm and 10 mins on rowing machine. I also walk from the bus stop to work and back.

December 13, 2011 9:20 AM

Review by blobbzi:

For Obesity: I love Xenical. It is basically making me scared to eat rubbish because of the oily poo side effect, with a very urgent need to 'go' it is making me look at food in a different way. If I see a family size chocolate bar, which previously I would have eaten within 2 minutes, I just see it as a slab of fat. It has changed my attitude towards food. I now eat healthy food because I know what the unhealthy food will look like as it comes out and I am disgusted that all of that unhealthy fat was going into my body, into my arteries, around my heart. It has been a visual education in healthy eating. I am losing weight and it's thanks to Xenical.

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2011 11:55 AM

Review by Scaredlilfatty:

For Obesity: I honestly can't remember how long I've been on Xenical , about close to two months I'm guessing. I've had the oily poo but it does depend on what I eat. I haven't been exercising but I know I've lost some weight. I'm just too scared to check how much. From tomorrow I'm going to make sure that I'm walking more and exercising as well.

October 27, 2011 10:06 AM

Review by PamRam:

For Obesity: I have been taking Xenical for the past 3 months. I haven't been exercising or watching what I eat hence the accidents and the oily poo but I have lost 6 kg. My GP has just given me another 3 months supply so this time I am going to cut down on fatty foods and exercise more, and also start swimming because it is a good exercise. I will keep you posted on how I'm getting on. I think we should all encourage each other because weight loss is not easy.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2011 11:25 AM

Review by gabiansell:

I have just started on the medication after a life long battle with my weight since I was little. After reading the comments regarding this treatment it has put my mind at rest regarding any queries that I had. Thanks to everyone above and hope that they all reach their goal and stay there.

June 16, 2011 7:54 AM

For Obesity: This is my second week of Xenical and I have had no side effects at all. I am sticking to weight watchers pro points diet and going to gym three times a week. I have not weighed myself yet but I can feel the difference in my clothes already. Looking to my next weigh in. My start weight was 14st 3lbs.

May 27, 2011 6:37 PM

Review by Ladywriter1968:

For Obesity: I have just started Xenical today, I suffer from hypertension and hypothyroidism plus PCOS, which both conditions cause weight gain, so I hope these tablets do work for me, I also do lots of exercise. I currently weigh 168lbs. Reading comments give me confidence that this will work for me to.

May 9, 2011 2:22 PM

Review by Sammcc:

For Obesity: On my second lot now, first time I took them I was 16 which is young but at the time I was 23 stone, so was a risk worth taking. I lost a stone a month for 6 months then as the doctor predicted my body became semi immune to them, but I was also cheating a lot then. I've started them again, started at 19 stone this time. (Stopped my exercising and healthy eating, my own fault), but in the first month this time lost 1 stone 4 lb. Xenical is a wonderful drug, but you really must make the effort with it, eat healthy, exercise and the drug really will take care of the rest, best thing since sliced bread.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2010 11:18 PM

Review by ArdenScott:

For Obesity: Metamucil may help side effects: I started taking Xenical 8 days ago and was quite nervous about the side effects, especially diarrhea because I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Because of this, I have spent much of my life running to the bathroom. 7 or 8 years ago one doctor recommended Metamucil and it changed my life. I now take it twice a day and perhaps this is why I am not having any problems with Xenical. It's worth a try anyway, In 8 days, I've lost 5 or 6 lbs so am quite happy.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2010 10:43 PM

Review by vcb1981:

For Obesity: I have been using this for just over 2 weeks now and lost 6 pounds. The side effects are there but not really bad%u2026.unless you eat the wrong things! It has helped me already see which food are more fatty than others. I have had no accidents etc but then I know if I go off having a curry/Chinese then yes, I will. I want to loose another 2 stone in 3 months and my doctor is positive I can. Just remember, it%u2019s not a miracle drug you must work with it by cutting down on fatty foods and portions as well as exercising. Good luck.

April 9, 2010 7:09 AM

Review by JaneO:

For Obesity: I've only been on this a week but I can honestly say I've had zero side effects. In saying that it has made me very, very careful what I'm popping in my mouth! This week I've lost 4.5lbs. My aim is to lose 3 stone so some way to go, but it's going to be a journey and I know that - but I know it will also be worth it!

March 16, 2010 6:58 PM