User Reviews for Alli

Learn more about Alli.

Alli review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

Review by Viola1234:

ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!

July 20, 2014 7:05 PM

Review by out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!

May 6, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by blondie2424:

I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated.

March 23, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by KBel:

I started using this on 02/20/14 and use everyday (as directed) and have not had one "side effect". Changed my eating habits and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am down from 201lbs to 195lbs today. I don't know if it the Alli, the workout, or eating different but something is working and without any side effects. I would definitely recommend and hopefully it will get these other 45lbs off.

February 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Review by Chief Ed:

I have used Alli and was very happy. It absolutely will help you lose weight. If you are planning on not adjusting your diet, it is not for you. Since it inhibits fat from being absorbed, fat goes right through you and could definitely be embarrassing (if you know what I mean). If you lower the fat in your diet, it will do wonders and the disgusting side effects will be minimal to non-existent.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 1:01 AM

Review by jenniesirrah:

I have been taking Alli for approximately 2 weeks now. I weighed in and seemed to have gained weight. I am 5'1 ,158 lbs starting weight. I now weigh 166 lbs. I try to watch what i eat but have a very hard time. this product is recommended for those with excellent self control. i do however know that the product is working as they say it will due to the change in bowel movements.

January 12, 2011 3:12 AM

Review by Doubledeuce:

If you have no gallbladder, you may want to think twice. You need to read the manufacturers information regarding side effects. Alli helps the body separate "fat" through elimination, and if you have no gallbladder, the bile problem can be miserable.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2010 12:17 PM

Review by longterm dieter:

Hi! I started using Alli 6 weeks ago today. I have lost an amazing 19 lbs. I have totally changed my eating habits along with taking Alli. I have a lot more lbs to go but this is a great start and very motivating! TRY Alli!

March 22, 2010 3:54 PM

Review by My ALLI:

I just started to take Alli. So far I have been feeling great about eating right. Taking ALLI makes you accountable for what you eat. For me the side effects are scary enough to make me eat right. All of the reviews I have read, have made me so excited to lose weight. Thanks everyone

February 12, 2010 10:29 AM

Review by melizabeth:

The key to using Alli is that you must list everything you eat and not exceed the amount of fat per meal. I haven't experienced any side effects and am extremely pleased. I lost 10 pounds before starting the program and hit a plateau, but since using Alli, I've lost 27 more with only 13 pounds to go. When I reach my ideal weight, I'm going to continue the tracking, eventually weaning myself off of Alli, to be able to maintain my weight. I don't expect a quick transition, but love the results. I recommend trying it, but be diligent to follow the instructions for good results.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2009 12:54 PM

I started Alli 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds. I highly recommend this to anyone that has a hard time controlling what they eat. This pill holds you accountable.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2009 12:46 PM

An added benefit that I didn't expect was after using it for six months, my cholesterol and triglycerides both went down considerably.

August 20, 2009 1:06 PM

Review by Brian02:

Alli is FDA approved medicine for weight loss program. Patients can purchase it from a chemist counter without any prescription. I have tried this medicine personally and got great results.

March 30, 2009 6:26 AM

I have been taking Alli for 2 weeks and have experienced the good and the bad. I am satisfied with my experience so far. My negative side effects were completely my own fault as I did not watch what I ate one time and regretfully experienced the effects. The positive side is that if you follow the plan and keep the fat under 15 grams you will be fine. I am continuing with Alli.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2008 2:49 PM

Review by themelon13:

I took Alli for 2 months when it first came out last year. I didn't experience any effects because I stuck to the diet. Reading what could happen if I went over my fat grams scared me. I stuck to it and went from a size 18 to 14. I stopped taking Alli and during the winter gained some weight back. I recently decided I was going to go back on it.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2008 4:47 PM

I have been taking Alli for about 3 weeks now. I didn't have any side effects, but then again I had been eating foods with very little fat in it. I wanted to put Alli to the test so I ate some lasagna, which has a lot of fat content. After I ate that my bowl movements did contain a bunch of oil. So does it work - absolutely.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2008 6:27 PM

Review by sway_27:

I also have had very positive results with Alli. I was only slightly overweight and now can say I am just a few pounds away from not being in that category any more. I read the insturctions in the starter kit very carefully and planned a good meal plan. I have not had any horror stories about the "treatment affects", but then again, I watch what I eat.

December 18, 2007 1:04 PM

Review by Jacobis:

I have tried diet after diet I was weighing a size 20 within 2 1/2 months I am proud to day I am in a size 14!!!! I have been an example for those same individuals who had negative thoughts about ALLI now their running to the stores to purchase it as well. I must say I had to do my part as well I now know how to eat and what to eat, although, should I have a craving I eat a very small portion to satisfy me that's it! thanks

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2007 1:00 PM