User Reviews for Alli

Learn more about Alli.

Alli Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Alli to treat Obesity

"I purchased Alli back in 2009 (Great worked a treat and lost weight) and since I have had two more attempts in 2014, now 2016. The product does not work at all. This time I have been taking for over one week, I have experienced constipation and flatulence. The product was purchased from reputable pharmacies and again i feel I just wasted my hard earned money. I am unsure what has changed. However, I know one thing the product is definitely not the same, I feel like the tablets are duds. No change to my weight, just embarrassing wind, stomach cramps, it makes you feel bunged up. no change to stool what so ever, not even if fatty food is introduced to diet. My advice is do not bother, I wont from now on. Hope this helps :("

hsibbur April 26, 2016

"I started taking Alli once I plateaued after losing about 12lbs and it has kick started my weight loss again. I am on a daily exercise routine and try to stay very active. My eating habits are not great but not bad. With Alli if you eat too much fat you will have "side effects". With my experience I have had soft stools with oil slicks and oily Flatulence which is unpleasant but a motivation to stop me from eating things I shouldn't be eating. It acts as a consequence to your stupid choices, which I need. After a solid week of taking it 3x a day with each meal I have lost 2 lbs this week. I was stalled for 4 weeks without any loss which is very frustrating! This works, hands down! 30 lb to go."

Sunny_dayz April 16, 2016

"nothing you can lose at all with this pills - only your money ,even with very strict diet"

verina123456789 April 16, 2016

"Very bad did not work at all made me sick"

TURBO777 April 10, 2016

"I've lost about 5lbs in a little over a week. I'm not sure at this point how much of that weight loss has been from Alli or if it was from changing my diet and eliminating sugars and carbs. I can see the oily fat in the stools. Yesterday I made a BIG mistake and ate frys and a fried chicken sandwich. Since I have had two accidents, where my flatulance has spewed large amounts of oil into my underwear. Was not expecting that. Will not eat a high fat meal again on these pills."

SamanthaC2016 March 14, 2016

"I started talking Alli February 18, 2016, I've lost 9 lbs so far (3 weeks)! Week one I did not change my eating habits but I could tell the pills were working due to frequent visits to the rest room. Week two, I started eating healthier and noticed that I wasn't using the bathroom as much. I did not rate alli a 10 because I was constipated for 2 days, although it could be due to the fact thag i am no longer eating greasy goods like I was during week one. Overall I love Alli and it is really working for me. Losing those 9lbs motivated me to keep going!!"

Very Pleased:) (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"Worked well for me. Lost 7 pounds in one month with no exercise. Haven't gained it back either."

Anonymous February 22, 2016

"I took alli faithfully prior to the 2014 recall. It worked wonderful. I lost a lot of weight and inches. Since it came back on the market I have been taking it to lose again what I gained back and to help me as I quit smoking. It no longer works at all like it did prior to the recall. Something has changed in the product, what? I have contacted GSK for input, waiting for a reply."

Tobarock (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

"Just want to update since previous review: To understand how this product works you have to know what it does. It blocks a certain amount of the fat you eat from being aborbed into your body and thus reduces your calorie/fat intake. It's not a miracle drug, if you eat a very high fat diet yes it may help a bit but it won't do ALL the work. Also, if you eat little/no fat anyway it can't help as it won't do anything for you. It can't block fat that isn't there. If like me you're on a long term diet it can really boost your success. I have gone from a bmi of 47 to 39 in 6 months. Still some way to go but Alli is helping a great deal and keeps me motivated with consistent weekly weight losses."

Lusiphur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

"I took alli for 2 days and now I pee blood so bad I am so scared , I stop taking it right away, will not take it again"

111 elena January 22, 2016

"I started ALLI on Saturday 16th. I took all 3 pills throughtout the day with my moderately fat diet and its now Tuesday 19th and I've not had one oily stool or 'accidents'. My flatulence has increased and I have a gurgly sensation in my belly once in a while. Just wondering if these things are going to work. I will weigh myself in a few days to see"

alicianokeys January 19, 2016

"I went through a weight loss program at my local hospital (protein shakes, healthy meal) I lost 48 pounds met my Goal August, 2015. Throughout my program and presently if I have a fatty meal I take an Alli maybe one every other day. It is amazing for weight loss maintenance in the past the pounds would be creeping I keep things in check but it is wonderful to occasionally have a treat. Highly recommend for post weight loss maintenance."

Rustyk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

"This is my first week on Alli. I am taking it as directed. I have experience one accident with a BM. But other then that it's been fine. I really have to watch what I eat because I will pay for it later. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will on Friday just to see if its really working. I'm not doing any excerising."

Anonymous September 29, 2015

"I never used Alli before but remembered seeing a coworker of mine use it and she was slim. This product works wonders. It traps all the fat and the releases it straight out of the body. It really helps with my gallstones so that my gallbladder doesn't cause any pain. I have lost 7lbs the first two weeks. I am hoping to start seeing more weight come off as I continue using this product."

Skylynn August 28, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Alli since Aug. 20 it was suggested to me by my Dr. I was at 216lbs on Aug. 20 and I was weighed yesterday Aug. 25 I am now 210lbs 6lbs gone in 5 days!!! It has helped with my appetite I will be honest I do not diet or exercise but Alli does really work! I would highly suggest to anyone overweight!"

Boobug15 August 26, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I used it years ago with great success. Not sure what they changed in the formula, but it no longer works for me personally. It used to block some fat which obviously came came inyour poo kind of orangey in color....it doesn't do this anymore....just gives me diarrhea. I'm not wasting anymore money."

MikeT111 August 15, 2015

"Recently purchased alli tablets from chemist, after two weeks my liver and kidneys started hurting so much that I had to stop taking them. I emailed GlaxoSmithKline who said that they was aware that possible liver failure may result. As they originally removed them back in 2012. And they wanted me to sign a consent form (basically wanting me to keep on taking them as their guinea pig) for their research. "

Morse (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

"I've been using Alli for several months, with a good diet, and I exercise when I can, but at least a few times per week and I have not lost a single pound on Alli. I get the shits and all, and that is surely no fun, but besides that there is no proof that these pills work. Simple as that."

WeWillRockYouforeverandever (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

"Just want to comment on an early review from someone saying it didn't work. The person has a BMI lower than this product is intended for and doesn't sound to eat a lot of fat so this product is unlikely to work for them. I have a high BMI and found that it helped my weight loss to be more consistent than dieting alone. I have changed my eating habits and haven't had any negative side effects. You need to put effort in and can't expect it to do all the work for you."

Lusiphur July 4, 2015

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've used Alli several times with great success in the past! My hypothyroidism got very bad so I stopped after the last recall. Feeling better now so started this week - have lost 8 lbs in one week! LOVE alli!!!"

MaryGoLucky (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

"Used for 12 days. Not a pound lighter. 5'6/150. Just need to loose 5-7 pounds for summer. No time to go exercise now: lots of physical work plus yard. Eat mostly salads and soups already, sugar too but not a lot. My husband was taking it too. No change. We both are active, usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I have mild metabolism and he has slow metabolism. It's very hard for both of us to lose a single pound. We did notice BM and I think I noticed more hair loss in me. Did take multivitamins plus calcium. After reading online about all the side effects, recall and bad experiences - I decided to put it aside."

uliana May 22, 2015

"Lost 45 lbs. on Alli in about 10 months. I got pregnant and sadly am back where I started. I will be starting on all I again next month. Its a great boost to get you working in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle."

stef12345 December 9, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!"

Viola1234 July 20, 2014

"I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!"

out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2014

"I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated."

blondie2424 March 23, 2014

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate