User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 8 medications

Obesity 59 reviews 54 medications

8.3
Summary of Orlistat reviews 60 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Orlistat

Review by blondie2424: User Rating:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 9:02 PM
Review by Lara's moving forward!: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Been on orlistat for 2 months and so far lost 21 pounds. You really have to watch what you eat as the side effects can be very unpleasant. Let's just say I had to buy extra toilet cleaner. Stay away from fast foods and sugary snacks. Stock up on vegetables and fruit. This is not a miracle pill, you have to put work into it, but it helps a lot. Going back to my GP to get my 3rd months prescription. Looking forward to a healthier me.

March 10, 2014 5:35 PM
Review by KBel: User Rating:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I started using this on 02/20/14 and use everyday (as directed) and have not had one "side effect". Changed my eating habits and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am down from 201lbs to 195lbs today. I don't know if it the Alli, the workout, or eating different but something is working and without any side effects. I would definitely recommend and hopefully it will get these other 45lbs off.

February 26, 2014 12:05 PM
Review by charliecf83: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was prescribed Xenical a few years ago and lost just over three stone in four months. I went from a size 18 to a 14 and felt fantastic! I even joined the local gym. Unfortunately my weight stayed the same for a couple of months so I was taken off them. Since then I've had another baby and finding time to eat healthy has been a struggle for me, I am now 16 stone. The doctor has once again prescribed Xenical and I'm determined to keep the weight off this time. If you struggle with diets then I would recommend these, fingers crossed.

February 5, 2014 4:03 AM
Review by colber (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: In May I was prescribed orlistat because I was at a weight of 24st 4lb. I have taken orlistat with most meals but have forgotten to take it on a few occasions, at the same time I started walking as well and have built up my walking to around 2 hours a day, now in October I am down to 18st 9lb, I have gone down 2 clothes sizes and I still have a long way to go but a weight loss of 5st 9lb in 5 months is not to be sniffed at and I think proves that orlistat does work when taken sensibly, but if you are going to take it and assume that you can continue in your old diet and exercise routine then you are going to have very limited success, the medicine is a slimming aid not a miracle cure.

October 7, 2013 9:44 PM
Review by Chief Ed: User Rating:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I have used Alli and was very happy. It absolutely will help you lose weight. If you are planning on not adjusting your diet, it is not for you. Since it inhibits fat from being absorbed, fat goes right through you and could definitely be embarrassing (if you know what I mean). If you lower the fat in your diet, it will do wonders and the disgusting side effects will be minimal to non-existent.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2013 1:01 AM
Review by R-J-D: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: I began taking orlistat, Xenical 120mg three times a day with meals for the treatment of obesity. I am 18, female and weighed 21stone 9lbs as of 22/07/13. I have been taking the Xenical for just a week and have experienced very few side effects slightly more gastric distress (flatulence and the occasional oily excrement but that is as a result of my ignorance to food and fat) but I am delighted to find that after only a week I have lost 14pounds and now weigh 20stone 9lbs I appreciate that I am still overweight, but I have lost 1 stone and 9inches in total from various areas of my body and am extraordinarily surprised to find myself revealing in such success.

July 29, 2013 5:23 PM
Review by jojom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I have been reading your experiences with Xenical. I have been taking this for 2 months on 3rd July and so far have lost nearly 3 stone. I find it really makes you think about the foods you choose to eat because you don't want any nasty side effects. I can honestly say I have had none at all. Been on a low cal, low fat diet and exercising every day. I started out weighing 14 stone 10lbs and now weigh 11 stone 11 lbs. If I can do it with 3 children then anyone can. Power to you all, you are an inspiration.

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 24, 2013 5:47 PM
Review by El Hombre: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: Seems that many men have used this medicine. Last summer I lost the best part of 4.5 stone. Yes, they do work, but at the time I was very busy with a very big project in our garden - all manual labour, so this no doubt a large contributory factor. Over the winter I have put some of it back on and am now 13 stone. The weight has gone from my pectorials, neck, face, legs, but I still can't lose as much of it from where I want to....... my belly. Achieved a small loss from 44inches down to 40 inches, not nearly enough. I am 70 next year. Oh, by the way, my wife bless her doesn't help! "I've made your favourite. A lovely spag bol tonight sweetheart You need a blow out now & again" What to do? My Mrs makes best spag bol on earth!

February 10, 2013 10:15 PM
Review by donna1404: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: I have been on orlistat for 6 months. I feel amazing I have gone down 3 dress sizes from down to a 12/14. I was 15 stone and a BMI of 41. I am now 10 stone 13 pounds and my BMI is 29.88. I am still overweight but I am still losing weight and hope to lose another stone. Hope though will motivate some one else to lose weight.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2013 3:58 PM
Review by lucy In Texas:

Xenical (orlistat) for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Feeling really great. Dr thought this medication would help me.

January 30, 2013 9:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: These tablets have worked. I'm really happy with the weight loss. I've lost 11 pounds in a month. In the beginning was a bit hard to get used to it then you know how to control yourself what to eat and what not to eat. I'm happy going to see doctor tomorrow.

December 17, 2012 1:10 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: It's been amazing.... I lost 15lbs the first two months, I've continued taking it and average 2-3 lbs loss every month. My heaviest weight was 205 and as of my last weight check, I'm at 165 and dropping. At the beginning I was doing a lot of exercise which I think helped a lot, now it's colder and I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at so I've slowed down, but I do believe that the side effects and results have made managing weight so much easier. I've turned a few friends on to it and they are just as big a believer as me. Trust me the side effects are worth it!

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 12, 2012 3:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was first prescribed these tablets last year but didn't make a proper go of it, I had post natal depression and a baby who never slept, so healthy eating and exercise felt impossible. I'm now heavier than before I was pregnant (I weigh 20 st ) and feel strong enough to make a proper attempt to shift the weight. I am eating 1600 cals per day and walking uphill for 45 mins a day. The side effects are awful (never ever assume its just a fart!!) but I'd rather the fat was in the loo than adding pounds to my body - sorry to be so explicit . I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and starting to feel the difference. I have a phobia of scales so going to wait til my monthly doctor appointment to see the weight coming off. I'll update again.

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 23, 2012 9:59 AM
Review by slim me: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: After taking Orlistat for one month eating sensibily, no junk, plenty of fruit hardly any exercise because of my disability I am overjoyed and ecstatic to have lost 10 pounds.

February 17, 2012 12:52 AM
Review by pipperamy: User Rating:

Alli (orlistat): Started to take Alli 8 days ago and I have all ready lost 5 lbs. Whoops so happy.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 31, 2012 9:00 PM
Review by Keiteen: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was not the really type of girl who'd sacrifice food to lose weight so I tried to taking Xenical because I've heard that it really is effective. I used to be 176 pounds, but after 2 weeks of taking Xenical, I am now weighing 158 pounds. So 18 pounds with no effort of giving up my cravings. The side effects doesn't bother me much because it always doesn't come at the wrong time.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 20, 2012 10:31 PM
Review by hides 9353: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Well just thought I would update you all. I left a comment on here last week. Had my first weigh in yesterday and I have lost 11 pounds. Doctor has prescribed me these now for 2 more months and got to have another review in 2 months time. I'm so glad that these pills are working. My confidence has been given a right boost. Still suffering with lose stools but watching what I'm eating but everything is moving in the right direction.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 21, 2011 7:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I had a gallbladder removal in August 2011 and my weight shot up to 13.4 stones. I have been on these tablets for 3 weeks now and I have lost a staggering 9 pounds. My GP prescribed them to me on a trial basis to see if these would work and yes they have. I have my first weigh in next Tuesday so I'm happy to go back and tell him I've lost weight and hopefully he will prescribe me some more. I do often get side effects but nothing that I can't handle but it has made me more aware of the foods I should be eating. Exercising. Never did that before and now I do. I do 10 minutes on my Vibro plate am and pm, 20 sit ups am and pm and 10 mins on rowing machine. I also walk from the bus stop to work and back.

December 13, 2011 9:20 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Alli (orlistat): I started Alli only four days ago and have already lost FOUR LBS. I highly recommend reading the books included in the starter pack. Also the calorie/fat gram counter book should become your new best friend. Not only has this product motivated me it has changed my eating. However, I am a mother and a wife and my family is extremely picky, so cooking two different lunches and two different dinners, one being only for me is impossible so I have been only eating a tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat and a bananna for lunch and dinner. Remember everything in the tuna salad must be accounted for.

December 4, 2011 12:06 AM
Review by blobbzi: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I love Xenical. It is basically making me scared to eat rubbish because of the oily poo side effect, with a very urgent need to 'go' it is making me look at food in a different way. If I see a family size chocolate bar, which previously I would have eaten within 2 minutes, I just see it as a slab of fat. It has changed my attitude towards food. I now eat healthy food because I know what the unhealthy food will look like as it comes out and I am disgusted that all of that unhealthy fat was going into my body, into my arteries, around my heart. It has been a visual education in healthy eating. I am losing weight and it's thanks to Xenical.

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 26, 2011 11:55 AM
Review by Scaredlilfatty: User Rating:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I honestly can't remember how long I've been on Xenical , about close to two months I'm guessing. I've had the oily poo but it does depend on what I eat. I haven't been exercising but I know I've lost some weight. I'm just too scared to check how much. From tomorrow I'm going to make sure that I'm walking more and exercising as well.

October 27, 2011 10:06 AM
Review by PamRam:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I have been taking Xenical for the past 3 months. I haven't been exercising or watching what I eat hence the accidents and the oily poo but I have lost 6 kg. My GP has just given me another 3 months supply so this time I am going to cut down on fatty foods and exercise more, and also start swimming because it is a good exercise. I will keep you posted on how I'm getting on. I think we should all encourage each other because weight loss is not easy.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 23, 2011 11:25 AM
Review by sandibaby: User Rating:

orlistat for Obesity: I have been taking Orlistat for 6 weeks and have lost a stone in weight. I have not experienced any bad side effects but am on a low fat diet. I have an underactive thyroid so I leave 4 hours for thyroxine to take effect before I take orlistat. Good luck.

June 19, 2011 3:13 AM
Review by gabiansell:

Xenical (orlistat): I have just started on the medication after a life long battle with my weight since I was little. After reading the comments regarding this treatment it has put my mind at rest regarding any queries that I had. Thanks to everyone above and hope that they all reach their goal and stay there.

June 16, 2011 7:54 AM