User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 7 medications

Obesity 153 reviews 60 medications

Summary of Orlistat reviews 154 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I purchased Alli back in 2009 (Great worked a treat and lost weight) and since I have had two more attempts in 2014, now 2016. The product does not work at all. This time I have been taking for over one week, I have experienced constipation and flatulence. The product was purchased from reputable pharmacies and again i feel I just wasted my hard earned money. I am unsure what has changed. However, I know one thing the product is definitely not the same, I feel like the tablets are duds. No change to my weight, just embarrassing wind, stomach cramps, it makes you feel bunged up. no change to stool what so ever, not even if fatty food is introduced to diet. My advice is do not bother, I wont from now on. Hope this helps :("

hsibbur April 26, 2016

For Obesity: "It worked for me, I am not obese but I am fighting for years to lose 10 punds or not gain more, so, whenever I go on vacation and I stay at all included hotels I use this pills just to balance the oil intake. so, if I go to eat pizza I take the pill, if I eat an oily meal I take the pill, if its December I take the pill. Not daily and not on every meal, just the oily meals. It is just an extra help, that is all."

Michelle 65 k April 26, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started taking Alli once I plateaued after losing about 12lbs and it has kick started my weight loss again. I am on a daily exercise routine and try to stay very active. My eating habits are not great but not bad. With Alli if you eat too much fat you will have "side effects". With my experience I have had soft stools with oil slicks and oily Flatulence which is unpleasant but a motivation to stop me from eating things I shouldn't be eating. It acts as a consequence to your stupid choices, which I need. After a solid week of taking it 3x a day with each meal I have lost 2 lbs this week. I was stalled for 4 weeks without any loss which is very frustrating! This works, hands down! 30 lb to go."

Sunny_dayz April 16, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "nothing you can lose at all with this pills - only your money ,even with very strict diet"

verina123456789 April 16, 2016

For Obesity: "This is my second review for Orlistat. I left my first review on Feb 11, 2016 just a few days after starting the pills. I was taking them three times a day. One with every meal. I had been on a super low cal/fat diet since December of 2015 and since then I have lost 52lbs in about 4 months. Orlistat made me lose 10lbs the first week I was on it but after that I found it really slowed down. I decided to rely mostly on my diet and exercise more then taking the pills. My doctor still prescribes them to me and said he will continue to do so until I stop losing weight. However I now will only take them with a meal that has a higher fat content as I eat so little fat most of the time. However definitely worth trying to amp up weight loss!"

ABgal (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been taking this medicine for a week now. No bad side effects other than a bit of wind. If you stick to your diet, there won't be any oil or accidents. Started at 80kg and aiming to get down to 60. Hoping the hard work pays off when I have a weigh in!"

Charlitastic (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Ok so It played nice with me no side effects nothing well until I had instant noodles it's been three days and I'm still running in and out of toilet I've literally been manufacturing oil in there bright orange it's disgusting I'm never taking noodle for the rest of my life as for my weight I've lost 4kgs in a week I feel great warning stay away from oily foods I learnt the hard way"

Menen April 15, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Started this three days ago. Had already begun a low fat diet a few days prior. I've had none of the oil-related side effects, but definitely things are more windy!!! I take one in morning with breakfast and one in evening with evening meal. My lunch is fat free so don't need to take one then. I also have a bowl of high fibre cereal around 8pm which has the dual affect of stopping me eating junk and also the fibre is helping to keep my output firm, if you catch my drift!! Have had a few stomach cramps and generally need the loo within an hour of taking tablet. Put the effort in with diet and exercise, and this seems to definitely minimise the side effects."

BVSG April 12, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Very bad did not work at all made me sick"

TURBO777 April 10, 2016

For Obesity: "Love these pills. I've officially lost 50lbs. I use fitnesspro to monitor my calories and it keeps me on track. Other than daily activities I do not exercise. Highly recommend."

Cathysiv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

For Obesity: "Hi all im 2 days in on orlistat - never taken it before - am very thirsty but im down 5lbs in a day! so very happy - am drinking so much water - havent had any weird side effects other than thirst yet though - and am keeping the fat intake down - funny i always read that low fat is a myth but it appears to be working!"

innergoddess (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've lost about 5lbs in a little over a week. I'm not sure at this point how much of that weight loss has been from Alli or if it was from changing my diet and eliminating sugars and carbs. I can see the oily fat in the stools. Yesterday I made a BIG mistake and ate frys and a fried chicken sandwich. Since I have had two accidents, where my flatulance has spewed large amounts of oil into my underwear. Was not expecting that. Will not eat a high fat meal again on these pills."

SamanthaC2016 March 14, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started talking Alli February 18, 2016, I've lost 9 lbs so far (3 weeks)! Week one I did not change my eating habits but I could tell the pills were working due to frequent visits to the rest room. Week two, I started eating healthier and noticed that I wasn't using the bathroom as much. I did not rate alli a 10 because I was constipated for 2 days, although it could be due to the fact thag i am no longer eating greasy goods like I was during week one. Overall I love Alli and it is really working for me. Losing those 9lbs motivated me to keep going!!"

Very Pleased:) (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Obesity: "I have put on 4 stone in last 2 and half years with mental health meds. Been on Orlistat for one week and also cut out sugar. So far I have lost 3lbs. I am delighted and going to keep going with both strategies. Desperate to get back into my beautiful clothes."

Pnklady March 5, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Worked well for me. Lost 7 pounds in one month with no exercise. Haven't gained it back either."

Anonymous February 22, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took alli faithfully prior to the 2014 recall. It worked wonderful. I lost a lot of weight and inches. Since it came back on the market I have been taking it to lose again what I gained back and to help me as I quit smoking. It no longer works at all like it did prior to the recall. Something has changed in the product, what? I have contacted GSK for input, waiting for a reply."

Tobarock (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

For Obesity: "Have just had weigh in and lost 3kgs!!!! So happy But have had bad 24 hrs with abdominal pain believe my own fault as had heavy meal when out with friends. I know I have to be more aware! Had some stomach gremlins....and urgent visits to loo but find am not snacking as much and when I do its some nuts and mixed dried fruit instead of big bar of choc and crisps!! Am pleased with this weight loss after just 2wks and am not very mobile due to OA so will continue to update as need to lose 26kgs!"

CreakyBea59 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2016

For Obesity: "I was prescribed Orlistat from my doctor and have been using 3 pills a day with every meal. It is my 5th day and I have lost 6lb! I am over the moon!! It really does work! But you must be on a low calorie low fat diet & exercise. No side affects so far "

Sascha, 28 February 15, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Started Xenical yesterday and was quite stressed out about the long list of side effects but the reading of your posts reassured me and I am very confident that I will be part of those who won't have none. Gained 40lbs in 3 years because of hypothyroidsm. Tried everything to get rid of them. I'm exercising, gluten free, lactose free, caffeine free, all this by choice not because of intolerence, I'm eating 1 300 cal/day, low fat, lots of veggies, few fruits to keep the carbohydrates low. Felt very sad, hopeless and distressed. My doc proposed this medicine. I'm really looking forward to see how it reacts on me but yet, thank you for your posts... they are reassuring !"

being happy again (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Obesity: "Started Orlistat as well as Metformin two days ago. I have no health problems, I just have struggeled with weight forever. So far I've lost 4 lbs in the 2 days of taking both medications. Really hoping this continues. I am on a low cal/low fat diet and yes, I do have very soft stool and I do have bright orange oil when I do pass stool but no accidents so far. It's really not bad at all and for me its a sign that it's working! The pros far outweigh the cons if you have been overweight your whole life. My highest weight was 290 last year and so far I'm at 257. My goal weight is 170."

ABgal (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

For Obesity: "I have been prescribed these tablets by my doctor in a desperate attempt to help me loose more weigh as I suffer from PCOS and really struggling to shift anything more that 8lbs. I read into them first and a few comments said try starting a very low fat diet a few days before taking them to stop any side effects. I currently weigh 124kg and need to loose a fair bit, anyone else just starting them I will update with my progress"

tram82 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Obesity: "GP prescribed tablets as immobile with osteoarthritis and 29 kg overweight. Started 3 days ago with 1 tablet before evening meal as didn't want an embarrassing moment at work! Haven't lost any ounces but know its early days and will go to two tabs today as weekend. Will say that my appetite seems suppressed so thats good and noticed have had a little stomach ache but not a pain! Yes the flatulence is happening but am really watching my diet of low fats and haven't had choc for 3 days!! Am drinking more water with a slice of lemon in it to jazz it up! Wish everyone well and lighter here! Will update when I've lost some kgs!"

FluffyBea (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I promised an update so here it is! Just over 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat and I am now a stone (14 lbs) lighter! My clothes feel looser and I'm over the moon! As others have said, this isn't a 'miracle drug', you do have to change your eating habits and get moving. Knowing the (fairly immediate) consequences of having a fatty meal whilst on this medication has really helped me to monitor my intake. I've also found it has helped me eat 3 meals a day, which I have never done in my life, I was always a one meal a day (and junk in between) kind of girl! I've never felt so optimistic about losing weight, and being able to keep it off, thanks to my new found awareness of fat levels in my meals :)"

Serial snacker(2) (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Just want to update since previous review: To understand how this product works you have to know what it does. It blocks a certain amount of the fat you eat from being aborbed into your body and thus reduces your calorie/fat intake. It's not a miracle drug, if you eat a very high fat diet yes it may help a bit but it won't do ALL the work. Also, if you eat little/no fat anyway it can't help as it won't do anything for you. It can't block fat that isn't there. If like me you're on a long term diet it can really boost your success. I have gone from a bmi of 47 to 39 in 6 months. Still some way to go but Alli is helping a great deal and keeps me motivated with consistent weekly weight losses."

Lusiphur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been reading some of the reviews on Xenical and I find some of you complain the drug doesn't work. Let me just clear some stuff up for you. If you aren't a calorie limit diet, you still eat whatever you want and you hardly move a muscle then this drug is NOT for you. This isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight overnight without any effort, you have to make the effort to exercise a little, moderate your food proportion and set a calorie limit every day. Xenical just absorbs the food's fats but it's YOUR JOB to make sure the fat intake is low so you won't have a bad time in the bathroom. 2 weeks ago I weighed 315 and that was my heaviest weight. Today I'm 293 and I already started my weight loss goal before taking Xenical"

Elizabeth. H January 31, 2016