User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 7 medications

Obesity 130 reviews 60 medications

8.1
Summary of Orlistat reviews 131 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Just want to update since previous review: To understand how this product works you have to know what it does. It blocks a certain amount of the fat you eat from being aborbed into your body and thus reduces your calorie/fat intake. It's not a miracle drug, if you eat a very high fat diet yes it may help a bit but it won't do ALL the work. Also, if you eat little/no fat anyway it can't help as it won't do anything for you. It can't block fat that isn't there. If like me you're on a long term diet it can really boost your success. I have gone from a bmi of 47 to 39 in 6 months. Still some way to go but Alli is helping a great deal and keeps me motivated with consistent weekly weight losses."

Lusiphur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been reading some of the reviews on Xenical and I find some of you complain the drug doesn't work. Let me just clear some stuff up for you. If you aren't a calorie limit diet, you still eat whatever you want and you hardly move a muscle then this drug is NOT for you. This isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight overnight without any effort, you have to make the effort to exercise a little, moderate your food proportion and set a calorie limit every day. Xenical just absorbs the food's fats but it's YOUR JOB to make sure the fat intake is low so you won't have a bad time in the bathroom. 2 weeks ago I weighed 315 and that was my heaviest weight. Today I'm 293 and I already started my weight loss goal before taking Xenical"

Elizabeth. H January 31, 2016

For Obesity: "Hi guys I just started one day a go so little bit earlier to say something. Let's wait and see...I'm with 96kg at the moment. Need to loose 35kg...I will do my best. Cheers"

Isabel74 January 29, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took alli for 2 days and now I pee blood so bad I am so scared , I stop taking it right away, will not take it again"

111 elena January 22, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started ALLI on Saturday 16th. I took all 3 pills throughtout the day with my moderately fat diet and its now Tuesday 19th and I've not had one oily stool or 'accidents'. My flatulence has increased and I have a gurgly sensation in my belly once in a while. Just wondering if these things are going to work. I will weigh myself in a few days to see"

alicianokeys January 19, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I went through a weight loss program at my local hospital (protein shakes, healthy meal) I lost 48 pounds met my Goal August, 2015. Throughout my program and presently if I have a fatty meal I take an Alli maybe one every other day. It is amazing for weight loss maintenance in the past the pounds would be creeping I keep things in check but it is wonderful to occasionally have a treat. Highly recommend for post weight loss maintenance."

Rustyk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started on Mon, it's now Wed, and I'm already 4lb down!After reading up before I started, I planned my low fat menu & I've stuck to it! Day 1-first tablet with a salad at 2pm. 3pm I had the sudden urge, had to wait 30 mins as I was out, and I don't think I could have waited a minute longer! As I had eaten a very healthy lunch, I can only put this down to residual fat in my system from the day(s) before. Since then I've been fine, no side effects. I'm only 3 days in however nothing has EVER stopped me snacking, yet I haven't even wanted to with this. It definitely makes you look at what you are eating to avoid the side effects, which has left me shocked at how much fat I ate before! I will update in a couple of weeks, good luck to you all!"

Serial snacker January 14, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have been using xenical since more than 15 days and it is showing very little effect on me. I noticed the oil execretion in the stool for 3 to 4 times during the whole past period. My weight didn't change also. However, I know some people who are using xenical, and they are getting rid of a lot of oil; though they are talking only 1 pil per day; unlike me who is talking a pil with each meal..."

nmallah January 1, 2016

For Obesity: "I have been taking orlistat for 4 months now! I have lost 3 stone in 4 months these pills are amazing! Had a few accidents in the beginning! So now I know what I can and cannot eat. to be honest my diet hasn't changed much I've just cut down, I feel that if I was exercising along with taking these pills! I'd lose more weight! But I'm happy with the results so far just 1 stone more to go and I'll be happy."

Lady R (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

For Obesity: "Hi I've been on orlistat now for 4 weeks had my first weigh in today as I didn't want to get weighed until I went bk to GP. I have lost 22lb it's fantastic so pleased. I have a bit more to go. I have experienced some side effects loose stools lol but if u put the hard work in it pays off onwards and upwards"

Toon2015 December 18, 2015

For Obesity: "I was prescribed orlistat by my GP as I was really overweight and recently diagnosed with PCOS. I started these pills in early November of this year, changed my diet to low-fat (still had the odd treat here and there!) and have lost 25lbs since! The side effects can be unpleasant but only if you don't stick to a healthy diet. I rarely do much exercise but tend to walk a lot. Could not be happier! I have around 4st 7lbs left to lose! The only thing that's ever worked for me, love these pills and hope I carry on losing!"

Daniella9696 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Started xenical 6 days ago. As I'm a nightshift worker without bathroom conveniently available all the time I decided to start on days off & with some fat in my diet to see how severe the consequences maybe. Ate cheese salami & crackers and took a pill..thinking the effects would follow soon. Some 12 hours later the oil / fat passed..& for 6 days that has been my experience. I've lost 2.1 kg so far I'm really happy but have been really thirsty. Which is o.k. Not hungry though.."

Gundy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "When I got out of high school I weighed about 350lbs (25st, 158kg) so my doctor put me on xenical and it worked amazingly. For the first time in my life, I was able to lose weight. I lost 70lbs in about 8 months. It was uncomfortable too, having some sudden needs to use the washroom and leaking oil. But, I saw fatty foods differently and totally changed my eating habits, so I lost another 30lbs on my own. For about 14 years after that I kept around that weight, but gained a lot more recently with lifestyle changes, and started the pills again 2 weeks ago. I'm already down 10lbs, and with a better diet, no bad experiences with the washroom. If you're obese, I highly recommend taking these pills with a good diet and exercise."

Christoph Condo December 8, 2015

For Obesity: "Hi, I've been taking orlistat for two weeks, and not seen a loss. I've cut out crisps, chocolate and take aways . I'm trying to stick too 15gr of fat each meal, but still nothing. I have lost a little oil' but nothing to shout about. Can anyone give me advise as I'm getting depressed."

Dette 1468 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

For Obesity: "horrible but effective"

hfwwohrhorhgiho November 22, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "These pills are amazing! I've been on them for 3 days and I've lost 7lbs already. My start weight was high - 18.5st :( Only 2 side effects for me, feeling thirsty more often and one urgent trip to the bathroom after salmon."

midnight muncher (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been on Xenical/Orlistat for 5 days and have lost 3.1kg (about 6lb)! I'm really, really happy with the results. I've had a gastric band 2 and half years but then gained all the weight (20kg) back when I went on antidepressants (Citalopram), which then made me feel more depressed as no matter what I did the weight just wouldn't budge - which is very common with anti-depressants. I finally quit the meds and noticed I was gaining more weight after. Let's note I did not eat more than a 'fist' portion, as my stomach just cannot physically take it, so it wasn't the food, just my metabolism that basically went on a full year strike. Anyway, I had to turn to Orlistat as a last resort but I am loving it! Finally something's working!!"

nenehh November 14, 2015

For Obesity: "I've started the orilstat been on them a week and lost 2 pound. is that good anyone?"

becks2386 November 9, 2015

For Obesity: "I've struggled with my weight all my life, I have Pcos, at my heaviest I was 17st, started taking orlistat prescription from dr and changed my diet to low fat and lost over a stone in 4 weeks and still losing today, have had hardly any side effects apart from wind. Love these pills!"

DaniDoodles (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2015

For Obesity: "I have been on Oralstat for a week, so far I wake up every morning and weigh myself before it was the same weight which was 287 or higher and since I've been taking orlistat its 283. Which means it is stable and going down. I have not been exercising as much because I have had so much going on but starting tomorrow I will go back to my hour gym sessions in the morning. I will say the day I did a lot of activity is when I got it down 1 pound lighter at 283. Which is where I am currently. I will say this I don't eat much fat in my diet. but I have Ulcerative Colitis which has caused my weight to go up and down, this being the worse. My condition is in control and in remission but my weight has caused me stress. I will update more in a week."

twentyfour21 October 24, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have been taking this for 2 whole wks and haven't lost no weight! Although I have all the side effects "

BettyZ October 19, 2015

For Obesity: "I have been taking them for a week and have been dieting for 5 weeks previous. I wanted to share my experience after reading the reviews, this product already is working for me and I see weight not going on after eating high calorie foods. There is a side effect that I totally agree with but I laugh about it, its the toilet visits. The smell is hard to beat!, just laugh it off its working. It's like having a curry from the night b4 so bit runny, its like that most of the time now, just get used to it. It looks like the fatty oil you have at the top of a delivered curry that you spoon off, when you wipe it feels like a thin cooking oil so don't be surprised when it happens, just laugh it off"

davetheraven October 10, 2015

For Obesity: "I lost 10lbs in one month from taking Alli. And 17 all together after 3 months. It works without a doubt! Unfortunately for me, it also had a bad side effect- considering that my lifestyle and circumstances haven't changed I can narrow it down to Alli: I became extremely depressed. It blocks out all fat including good fat that your body needs. So, after speaking to my doctor, I sacrificed my weight loss for my mental health, I stopped taking the drug and now I am back to my regular old self after 6 weeks. Depression is a TERRIBLE. I will never take alli again or any fat blocking drug. Right now I'm doing it the hard way: portion control and plenty of water. I will also add that was my first time ever that I suffered depression"

ReadIfItChangedYourMood (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have taken these tablets before and they really helped me on my path to weight loss. The doctor gave me 3 months supply I lost a stone and a half then proceeded to lose a further 2 stone myself over the following 2 years slow but taught me portion and fat control and that was with barely any exercising apart from the odd burst of power walks with friends during summer months. So after just having a baby 3 months ago I lost 2 stone instantly in first 2 weeks but due to the section I'm suffering joint pain and tiredness so unable to exercise properly the doctor has given me orlistat/xenical again. It's my first week weigh in tomorrow and I've already lost 6lb in 6 day's and trust me I've not starved just ate more sensibly."

julietwest October 8, 2015

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This is my first week on Alli. I am taking it as directed. I have experience one accident with a BM. But other then that it's been fine. I really have to watch what I eat because I will pay for it later. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will on Friday just to see if its really working. I'm not doing any excerising."

Anonymous September 29, 2015