User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 7 medications

Obesity 83 reviews 56 medications

8.5
Summary of Orlistat reviews 84 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Used for 12 days. Not a pound lighter. 5'6/150. Just need to loose 5-7 pounds for summer. No time to go exercise now: lots of physical work plus yard. Eat mostly salads and soups already, sugar too but not a lot. My husband was taking it too. No change. We both are active, usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I have mild metabolism and he has slow metabolism. It's very hard for both of us to lose a single pound. We did notice BM and I think I noticed more hair loss in me. Did take multivitamins plus calcium. After reading online about all the side effects, recall and bad experiences - I decided to put it aside."

uliana May 22, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I'm on the implanon so I can't manage to lose weight with anything I do but with xenical I have already lost 2 kgs in just 2 days, have not exercised as I am sick at the moment, have two a day with my two meals (lunch and dinner) only thing I stop myself from is snacking (which is tough), can't wait to continue with this product!"

onamission May 15, 2015

For Obesity: "I am a type 1 diabetic was misdiagnosed as type 2 for 10 years.I have gained 4 stone In a year as I am so insulin resistant and I am currently on 200.units a day of Insulin 6 500g metforming I have neuropathy as well and I'm only 30 years old.I have started weight management programme under NHS for gastric band or bypass surgery but have been given these tablets which a goal to lose 12lb in 6 months.well today after taking g these 4 weeks and the fact I'm on a great deal of mediation I have lose 5kg so 11lb I am over the moon.I really hope this carry in and I can go without the op"

Emswhysall May 12, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "can i lose my weight with this"

asif ali khan May 4, 2015

For Obesity: "I have been taking this for three days now, eating lots of veggies, fruits, and lean meats. On day two I experienced an upset stomach and lots of diarrhea. However I feel fine day three. Not sure why day two was so rough?! I'm 5'3" and 148 lbs. Hoping to get to 130 lbs."

Kiminperu (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

For Obesity: "I'm currently on day two. I am eating extremely well; fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Having lots of loose stools and gas on day two. Is this normal? I only take the pill with lunch and dinner since naturally I don't get hungry enough to eat until lunch. Going to keep going and crossing my fingers that with light exercise and portion control I can lose a few pounds. I am currently 5'3" and 148 pounds."

Kdoherty April 13, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "This medicine helped me lose 13 pounds in 3 weeks. Still I have to lose 47 pounds to be in perfect BMI range. No side effects so far, may be because I don't eat oily/fatty food much."

John.pk (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Alli (orlistat) for : "Great pill... You can definitely see it working. Recommend to anyone trying to lose weight."

000000___0 April 2, 2015

For Obesity: "I've been taking these two days and already I can feel and see the difference my stomach has went so flat it's unbelivable I'm so happy with the results already and I can't wait to see the ending result I would recommend these to anyone who is willing to loose weight it's amazing. I'm happy with the results in two days so God knows what it will be like after 2 months."

Laulau123 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "First let me start by saying yes if you eat the wrong foods you will have a bad time. This is a sort of magic pill but you need the right ingredients. Think low fat!You will become aware of what you can and can't eat. I've been on a low fat diet with exercise coupled with these pills. I've been working hard and seeing amazing results. My doctor has said I will probably only need these pills for six months to get to where I need to be. My first weigh in saw me lose 10kgs that's around 21lbs or 1.5st dependant on what you work with. I've cut out all the bad things and have been walking at least a mile a day. As well as doing other exercises a couple times a week. I'm living proof it works.no accidents either. 19st 5 to 17st and counting!"

llc99 February 18, 2015

For Obesity: "Started using orlistat in November and had weigh in today loss 14 pounds, well chuffed doctors pleased. Back wearing clothes I have not worn for a long time. Hoping to lose another Stone by the Next weigh in! "

clo jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

For Obesity: "Well been on these one week and got to say they are great lost 9lb over Xmas when eating bad. Had some unpleasant side effects so I'm watching what I eat and my toilet habit is normal so I'm excited to see what I loose when eating well. Can't believe what a difference 9lb makes excited to see more results."

jaba13 December 29, 2014

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Lost 45 lbs. on Alli in about 10 months. I got pregnant and sadly am back where I started. I will be starting on all I again next month. Its a great boost to get you working in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle."

stef12345 December 9, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have only been on this medication for 2 months now in my first weigh in I lost 6lb 6oz and my second weigh in I lost the same again, overall 12lb 12oz just 2lb short of a stone couldn't believe I've lost weight so quick when I could never lose weight on my own, I've not exercised on these tablets and have just ate normal which is naughty of me, I started off at 21 stone and I'm now at 20 got a long way to go as my goal is back to 8 stone from what I was originally if I keep this up tho and eat healthily and exercise more I'll be slim before I know it and I'll be happy again"

Courts (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity: "I lost about 15kg in 2 months by taking Xenical 120mg pill before each meal. The beautiful thing is, you don't have to do any sports. You can just eat like you eat before but it even goes faster when you don't eat much fat. When your pills are finished you have to pay attention because if you keep eating like before you will gain weight again. Unless you keep taking Xenical. Ok it was expensive (about 160$ for 90 capsules) that is enough for 1 month (when you take 3 a day) But it was totally worth it. The most expensive was buying new clothes :-) Only disadvantage is... Diarrhea. Just make sure you have a clean set underwear with you."

anna2578 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2014

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took Xenical years ago. Was working a very physical postal job so I did get quite a bit of exercise but before taking it had not lost much. Once I started it, I lost thirty pounds within a couple of months with very little effort. Side effects were minimal as long as I didnt eat excessive fat but as good as it worked, I could handle them."

dkreed9 November 2, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for : "I started out weighing 98kgs in May 2014, I have an underactive thyroid, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, with Irritable bowl, so I eat a Gluten Free Diet. my exercise levels are high, I swim 2-3 miles a week, work out 3-4 mornings a week (power hooping, kettle bells and situps to name a few) and I work in an active environment with Special Needs Children. Because of how active I am and I could not lose weight the doctor put me on Orlistat. I have now lost over 8Kgs and my next weigh in is the end of this month (August). I find it easy to do, I eat a low fat diet anyway so that hasn't been too hard but I do find myself being careful of my lower body functions. I've been caught out a couple of times which can be unpleasant but I'm happy with the loss so far."

Beetlebugmik August 13, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Just starting month 3 on Xenical. My BMI has dropped below 30, so no longer obese. Still a way to go, but over a stone gone & kept off. Feel so much better. Sleeping better, eating better & jogging (never jogged in my life!). Looking forward to my next weigh in, in Sept."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2014

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I love this medicine! Weight loss seems effortless with being on it. Lost 20 pounds."

skinny galwoo August 7, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I was skeptical of a safe, limited side effects weight loss medicine but as I was over 100 kilos and had high blood pressure I wanted to get on top of the situation. Although reasonably expensive I can only recommend this as I've lost 20 kilos over 3 months, including abstaining from gluten and sugar (most of the time) and avoiding overly salted processed foods. Whenever you eat something that is a bit fatty (10 grams or more to 100 grams of fat) take one of these after and you can be comfortable 30%~ of that fat will not be adding to the places you don't want it to be. Remember not to go all out on a junk food binge though, the toilet aftermath can be pretty damn rough. And accidents do happen."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!"

Viola1234 July 20, 2014

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Just been back for my 2nd months of tablets. Lost 10lb in the 1st 3 wks of being on Xenical & gone from an size 18 to a comfortable 16. Eating more healthily, but need to start exercising if this is going to work properly. It doesn't work for everyone, but definitely worth trying if you're struggling with your weight."

Anonymous June 13, 2014

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been taking Xenical 120mg tablets as I was close to 19 stone, I've always been a big girl, but having an underactive thyroid plus polycystic ovarian syndrome just kept me gaining weight, which made me depressed, which made me eat more. I've been on them 5 weeks in the first 4 weeks I've lost 18llbs, and am due to get weighed in 3 weeks again, I've been going gym and swimming as well and sticking to 2000 calories."

cassiecass:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity: "I started taking Xenical 2 weeks ago. Been hard to stick to a healthy diet. I've seen it all, the oily etc. But have lost 4 pounds. I have managed to eat healthier the past 2 days. Am going to stick to eating healthy. I need to lose at least 2 stones in the next 3 months."

Nings (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2014

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!"

out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2014