Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 8 medications

Obesity 78 reviews 56 medications

8.6
Summary of Orlistat reviews 79 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Orlistat

Review by Kiminperu (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I have been taking this for three days now, eating lots of veggies, fruits, and lean meats. On day two I experienced an upset stomach and lots of diarrhea. However I feel fine day three. Not sure why day two was so rough?! I'm 5'3" and 148 lbs. Hoping to get to 130 lbs.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 7:42 PM

Review by Kdoherty:

For Obesity: I'm currently on day two. I am eating extremely well; fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Having lots of loose stools and gas on day two. Is this normal? I only take the pill with lunch and dinner since naturally I don't get hungry enough to eat until lunch. Going to keep going and crossing my fingers that with light exercise and portion control I can lose a few pounds. I am currently 5'3" and 148 pounds.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 9:12 PM

Review by John.pk (taken for less than 1 month):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: This medicine helped me lose 13 pounds in 3 weeks. Still I have to lose 47 pounds to be in perfect BMI range. No side effects so far, may be because I don't eat oily/fatty food much.

April 12, 2015 12:28 AM

Review by 000000___0:

Alli (orlistat) for : Great pill... You can definitely see it working. Recommend to anyone trying to lose weight.

April 2, 2015 6:49 AM

Review by Laulau123 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I've been taking these two days and already I can feel and see the difference my stomach has went so flat it's unbelivable I'm so happy with the results already and I can't wait to see the ending result I would recommend these to anyone who is willing to loose weight it's amazing. I'm happy with the results in two days so God knows what it will be like after 2 months.

February 28, 2015 5:36 AM

Review by clo jo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: Started using orlistat in November and had weigh in today loss 14 pounds, well chuffed doctors pleased. Back wearing clothes I have not worn for a long time. Hoping to lose another Stone by the Next weigh in!

February 10, 2015 12:46 PM

Review by jaba13:

For Obesity: Well been on these one week and got to say they are great lost 9lb over Xmas when eating bad. Had some unpleasant side effects so I'm watching what I eat and my toilet habit is normal so I'm excited to see what I loose when eating well. Can't believe what a difference 9lb makes excited to see more results.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 7:20 AM

Review by stef12345:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: Lost 45 lbs. on Alli in about 10 months. I got pregnant and sadly am back where I started. I will be starting on all I again next month. Its a great boost to get you working in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle.

December 9, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Courts (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I have only been on this medication for 2 months now in my first weigh in I lost 6lb 6oz and my second weigh in I lost the same again, overall 12lb 12oz just 2lb short of a stone couldn't believe I've lost weight so quick when I could never lose weight on my own, I've not exercised on these tablets and have just ate normal which is naughty of me, I started off at 21 stone and I'm now at 20 got a long way to go as my goal is back to 8 stone from what I was originally if I keep this up tho and eat healthily and exercise more I'll be slim before I know it and I'll be happy again

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by anna2578 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I lost about 15kg in 2 months by taking Xenical 120mg pill before each meal. The beautiful thing is, you don't have to do any sports. You can just eat like you eat before but it even goes faster when you don't eat much fat. When your pills are finished you have to pay attention because if you keep eating like before you will gain weight again. Unless you keep taking Xenical. Ok it was expensive (about 160$ for 90 capsules) that is enough for 1 month (when you take 3 a day) But it was totally worth it. The most expensive was buying new clothes :-) Only disadvantage is... Diarrhea. Just make sure you have a clean set underwear with you.

November 23, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by dkreed9:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I took Xenical years ago. Was working a very physical postal job so I did get quite a bit of exercise but before taking it had not lost much. Once I started it, I lost thirty pounds within a couple of months with very little effort. Side effects were minimal as long as I didnt eat excessive fat but as good as it worked, I could handle them.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Beetlebugmik:

Xenical (orlistat) for : I started out weighing 98kgs in May 2014, I have an underactive thyroid, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, with Irritable bowl, so I eat a Gluten Free Diet. my exercise levels are high, I swim 2-3 miles a week, work out 3-4 mornings a week (power hooping, kettle bells and situps to name a few) and I work in an active environment with Special Needs Children. Because of how active I am and I could not lose weight the doctor put me on Orlistat. I have now lost over 8Kgs and my next weigh in is the end of this month (August). I find it easy to do, I eat a low fat diet anyway so that hasn't been too hard but I do find myself being careful of my lower body functions. I've been caught out a couple of times which can be unpleasant but I'm happy with the loss so far.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Just starting month 3 on Xenical. My BMI has dropped below 30, so no longer obese. Still a way to go, but over a stone gone & kept off. Feel so much better. Sleeping better, eating better & jogging (never jogged in my life!). Looking forward to my next weigh in, in Sept.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 6:56 AM

Review by skinny galwoo:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I love this medicine! Weight loss seems effortless with being on it. Lost 20 pounds.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I was skeptical of a safe, limited side effects weight loss medicine but as I was over 100 kilos and had high blood pressure I wanted to get on top of the situation. Although reasonably expensive I can only recommend this as I've lost 20 kilos over 3 months, including abstaining from gluten and sugar (most of the time) and avoiding overly salted processed foods. Whenever you eat something that is a bit fatty (10 grams or more to 100 grams of fat) take one of these after and you can be comfortable 30%~ of that fat will not be adding to the places you don't want it to be. Remember not to go all out on a junk food binge though, the toilet aftermath can be pretty damn rough. And accidents do happen.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 4:36 AM

Review by Viola1234:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!

July 20, 2014 7:05 PM

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Just been back for my 2nd months of tablets. Lost 10lb in the 1st 3 wks of being on Xenical & gone from an size 18 to a comfortable 16. Eating more healthily, but need to start exercising if this is going to work properly. It doesn't work for everyone, but definitely worth trying if you're struggling with your weight.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Review by cassiecass:) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I've been taking Xenical 120mg tablets as I was close to 19 stone, I've always been a big girl, but having an underactive thyroid plus polycystic ovarian syndrome just kept me gaining weight, which made me depressed, which made me eat more. I've been on them 5 weeks in the first 4 weeks I've lost 18llbs, and am due to get weighed in 3 weeks again, I've been going gym and swimming as well and sticking to 2000 calories.

June 7, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Nings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I started taking Xenical 2 weeks ago. Been hard to stick to a healthy diet. I've seen it all, the oily etc. But have lost 4 pounds. I have managed to eat healthier the past 2 days. Am going to stick to eating healthy. I need to lose at least 2 stones in the next 3 months.

June 6, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!

May 6, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by XmissfX:

For Obesity: I have been on orlistat for 2 weeks and already I have lost 10 lbs! It takes a few days to know what you can and can't have...trust me you will too! Ha! The only 'side effect' I've had was loose stools at quite short notice (but enough notice to get to the bathroom) and this was only because I had a small slice of birthday cake. Otherwise I haven't experienced any grim 'side effects' You definitely have to change your eating habits though. Looking forwards to my next lot off my doctor.

May 3, 2014 4:51 AM

Review by blondie2424:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Lara's moving forward!:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Been on orlistat for 2 months and so far lost 21 pounds. You really have to watch what you eat as the side effects can be very unpleasant. Let's just say I had to buy extra toilet cleaner. Stay away from fast foods and sugary snacks. Stock up on vegetables and fruit. This is not a miracle pill, you have to put work into it, but it helps a lot. Going back to my GP to get my 3rd months prescription. Looking forward to a healthier me.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by KBel:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I started using this on 02/20/14 and use everyday (as directed) and have not had one "side effect". Changed my eating habits and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am down from 201lbs to 195lbs today. I don't know if it the Alli, the workout, or eating different but something is working and without any side effects. I would definitely recommend and hopefully it will get these other 45lbs off.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Review by charliecf83:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was prescribed Xenical a few years ago and lost just over three stone in four months. I went from a size 18 to a 14 and felt fantastic! I even joined the local gym. Unfortunately my weight stayed the same for a couple of months so I was taken off them. Since then I've had another baby and finding time to eat healthy has been a struggle for me, I am now 16 stone. The doctor has once again prescribed Xenical and I'm determined to keep the weight off this time. If you struggle with diets then I would recommend these, fingers crossed.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2014 4:03 AM