User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 1 reviews 8 medications

Obesity 68 reviews 54 medications

8.4
Summary of Orlistat reviews 69 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Orlistat

Review by Beetlebugmik:

Xenical (orlistat) for : I started out weighing 98kgs in May 2014, I have an underactive thyroid, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, with Irritable bowl, so I eat a Gluten Free Diet. my exercise levels are high, I swim 2-3 miles a week, work out 3-4 mornings a week (power hooping, kettle bells and situps to name a few) and I work in an active environment with Special Needs Children. Because of how active I am and I could not lose weight the doctor put me on Orlistat. I have now lost over 8Kgs and my next weigh in is the end of this month (August). I find it easy to do, I eat a low fat diet anyway so that hasn't been too hard but I do find myself being careful of my lower body functions. I've been caught out a couple of times which can be unpleasant but I'm happy with the loss so far.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Just starting month 3 on Xenical. My BMI has dropped below 30, so no longer obese. Still a way to go, but over a stone gone & kept off. Feel so much better. Sleeping better, eating better & jogging (never jogged in my life!). Looking forward to my next weigh in, in Sept.

August 9, 2014 6:56 AM

Review by skinny galwoo:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I love this medicine! Weight loss seems effortless with being on it. Lost 20 pounds.

August 7, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I was skeptical of a safe, limited side effects weight loss medicine but as I was over 100 kilos and had high blood pressure I wanted to get on top of the situation. Although reasonably expensive I can only recommend this as I've lost 20 kilos over 3 months, including abstaining from gluten and sugar (most of the time) and avoiding overly salted processed foods. Whenever you eat something that is a bit fatty (10 grams or more to 100 grams of fat) take one of these after and you can be comfortable 30%~ of that fat will not be adding to the places you don't want it to be. Remember not to go all out on a junk food binge though, the toilet aftermath can be pretty damn rough. And accidents do happen.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 4:36 AM

Review by Viola1234:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: ALLI works great for me. At first I lost 30 pounds in less than a year, stopped it for a while, gained some back but went back on it and lost another 12lbs. I have been off it for 4 months because of the latest recall and am trying to be good. I loved ALLI because bowel movements were regular and I didn't have to take it unless I ate more fatty stuff than I should. When will it be back? I hope it does come back and soon!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 7:05 PM

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Just been back for my 2nd months of tablets. Lost 10lb in the 1st 3 wks of being on Xenical & gone from an size 18 to a comfortable 16. Eating more healthily, but need to start exercising if this is going to work properly. It doesn't work for everyone, but definitely worth trying if you're struggling with your weight.

June 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Review by cassiecass:) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I've been taking Xenical 120mg tablets as I was close to 19 stone, I've always been a big girl, but having an underactive thyroid plus polycystic ovarian syndrome just kept me gaining weight, which made me depressed, which made me eat more. I've been on them 5 weeks in the first 4 weeks I've lost 18llbs, and am due to get weighed in 3 weeks again, I've been going gym and swimming as well and sticking to 2000 calories.

June 7, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Nings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I started taking Xenical 2 weeks ago. Been hard to stick to a healthy diet. I've seen it all, the oily etc. But have lost 4 pounds. I have managed to eat healthier the past 2 days. Am going to stick to eating healthy. I need to lose at least 2 stones in the next 3 months.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by out of alli! bowels now impacted. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I have used Alli for approximately 4 years to control weight from getting worse. I depend on it being diabetic and it has now been recalled. I take up to 4 x 5 pill servings of high quality fiber but without the Alli I am having a horrifying time with bowel movements and rectal bleeding. The bleeding was going on while taking Alli but is worse without. I know there have to be others like me that need to relate as well,and that IS POSITIVE!

May 6, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by XmissfX:

For Obesity: I have been on orlistat for 2 weeks and already I have lost 10 lbs! It takes a few days to know what you can and can't have...trust me you will too! Ha! The only 'side effect' I've had was loose stools at quite short notice (but enough notice to get to the bathroom) and this was only because I had a small slice of birthday cake. Otherwise I haven't experienced any grim 'side effects' You definitely have to change your eating habits though. Looking forwards to my next lot off my doctor.

May 3, 2014 4:51 AM

Review by blondie2424:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I'm on my second month, and or bottle of ALLI. I tried it in the past, but I must admit, I ate fat and yes, had the loose bowel motion, but didn't gain weight. No I only had 15 lb to loose, and so far I've lost 7-9 lbs in a month, eating good. I did go on a week vacation and ate cake, drank cocktails, ribs, etc. Not every day, and yes it came right out. Don't laugh, but I didn't gain a pound during the week. I'm not using it for that reason, but hey, now you can go on that Cruise during your diet and NOT gait weight. Ya, you go to the bathroom a lot, but you know its all coming-out. For the most part 'Im 90 percent on track, with NO side effects. And if I eat Pizza and Nachos on Friday night, so what, I don't gain weight and for once I'm not constipated.

March 23, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Lara's moving forward!:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: Been on orlistat for 2 months and so far lost 21 pounds. You really have to watch what you eat as the side effects can be very unpleasant. Let's just say I had to buy extra toilet cleaner. Stay away from fast foods and sugary snacks. Stock up on vegetables and fruit. This is not a miracle pill, you have to put work into it, but it helps a lot. Going back to my GP to get my 3rd months prescription. Looking forward to a healthier me.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by KBel:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I started using this on 02/20/14 and use everyday (as directed) and have not had one "side effect". Changed my eating habits and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am down from 201lbs to 195lbs today. I don't know if it the Alli, the workout, or eating different but something is working and without any side effects. I would definitely recommend and hopefully it will get these other 45lbs off.

February 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Review by charliecf83:

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was prescribed Xenical a few years ago and lost just over three stone in four months. I went from a size 18 to a 14 and felt fantastic! I even joined the local gym. Unfortunately my weight stayed the same for a couple of months so I was taken off them. Since then I've had another baby and finding time to eat healthy has been a struggle for me, I am now 16 stone. The doctor has once again prescribed Xenical and I'm determined to keep the weight off this time. If you struggle with diets then I would recommend these, fingers crossed.

February 5, 2014 4:03 AM

Review by colber (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: In May I was prescribed orlistat because I was at a weight of 24st 4lb. I have taken orlistat with most meals but have forgotten to take it on a few occasions, at the same time I started walking as well and have built up my walking to around 2 hours a day, now in October I am down to 18st 9lb, I have gone down 2 clothes sizes and I still have a long way to go but a weight loss of 5st 9lb in 5 months is not to be sniffed at and I think proves that orlistat does work when taken sensibly, but if you are going to take it and assume that you can continue in your old diet and exercise routine then you are going to have very limited success, the medicine is a slimming aid not a miracle cure.

October 7, 2013 9:44 PM

Review by Chief Ed:

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: I have used Alli and was very happy. It absolutely will help you lose weight. If you are planning on not adjusting your diet, it is not for you. Since it inhibits fat from being absorbed, fat goes right through you and could definitely be embarrassing (if you know what I mean). If you lower the fat in your diet, it will do wonders and the disgusting side effects will be minimal to non-existent.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 1:01 AM

Review by R-J-D:

For Obesity: I began taking orlistat, Xenical 120mg three times a day with meals for the treatment of obesity. I am 18, female and weighed 21stone 9lbs as of 22/07/13. I have been taking the Xenical for just a week and have experienced very few side effects slightly more gastric distress (flatulence and the occasional oily excrement but that is as a result of my ignorance to food and fat) but I am delighted to find that after only a week I have lost 14pounds and now weigh 20stone 9lbs I appreciate that I am still overweight, but I have lost 1 stone and 9inches in total from various areas of my body and am extraordinarily surprised to find myself revealing in such success.

July 29, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by jojom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I have been reading your experiences with Xenical. I have been taking this for 2 months on 3rd July and so far have lost nearly 3 stone. I find it really makes you think about the foods you choose to eat because you don't want any nasty side effects. I can honestly say I have had none at all. Been on a low cal, low fat diet and exercising every day. I started out weighing 14 stone 10lbs and now weigh 11 stone 11 lbs. If I can do it with 3 children then anyone can. Power to you all, you are an inspiration.

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Review by El Hombre:

For Obesity: Seems that many men have used this medicine. Last summer I lost the best part of 4.5 stone. Yes, they do work, but at the time I was very busy with a very big project in our garden - all manual labour, so this no doubt a large contributory factor. Over the winter I have put some of it back on and am now 13 stone. The weight has gone from my pectorials, neck, face, legs, but I still can't lose as much of it from where I want to....... my belly. Achieved a small loss from 44inches down to 40 inches, not nearly enough. I am 70 next year. Oh, by the way, my wife bless her doesn't help! "I've made your favourite. A lovely spag bol tonight sweetheart You need a blow out now & again" What to do? My Mrs makes best spag bol on earth!

February 10, 2013 10:15 PM

Review by donna1404:

For Obesity: I have been on orlistat for 6 months. I feel amazing I have gone down 3 dress sizes from down to a 12/14. I was 15 stone and a BMI of 41. I am now 10 stone 13 pounds and my BMI is 29.88. I am still overweight but I am still losing weight and hope to lose another stone. Hope though will motivate some one else to lose weight.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2013 3:58 PM

Review by lucy In Texas:

Xenical (orlistat) for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Feeling really great. Dr thought this medication would help me.

January 30, 2013 9:20 PM

For Obesity: These tablets have worked. I'm really happy with the weight loss. I've lost 11 pounds in a month. In the beginning was a bit hard to get used to it then you know how to control yourself what to eat and what not to eat. I'm happy going to see doctor tomorrow.

December 17, 2012 1:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: It's been amazing.... I lost 15lbs the first two months, I've continued taking it and average 2-3 lbs loss every month. My heaviest weight was 205 and as of my last weight check, I'm at 165 and dropping. At the beginning I was doing a lot of exercise which I think helped a lot, now it's colder and I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at so I've slowed down, but I do believe that the side effects and results have made managing weight so much easier. I've turned a few friends on to it and they are just as big a believer as me. Trust me the side effects are worth it!

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2012 3:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: I was first prescribed these tablets last year but didn't make a proper go of it, I had post natal depression and a baby who never slept, so healthy eating and exercise felt impossible. I'm now heavier than before I was pregnant (I weigh 20 st ) and feel strong enough to make a proper attempt to shift the weight. I am eating 1600 cals per day and walking uphill for 45 mins a day. The side effects are awful (never ever assume its just a fart!!) but I'd rather the fat was in the loo than adding pounds to my body - sorry to be so explicit . I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and starting to feel the difference. I have a phobia of scales so going to wait til my monthly doctor appointment to see the weight coming off. I'll update again.

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2012 9:59 AM

Review by slim me:

For Obesity: After taking Orlistat for one month eating sensibily, no junk, plenty of fruit hardly any exercise because of my disability I am overjoyed and ecstatic to have lost 10 pounds.

February 17, 2012 12:52 AM