User Reviews for Paregoric

Learn more about Paregoric.

Diarrhea 5 reviews 73 medications

9.3
Summary of Paregoric reviews 5 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Paregoric

For Diarrhea: I have been taking Paregoric for more than half my life. I have seen many doctors and tried many different medicines and this is the only medicine that relives my diarrhea problem. My mother had the same problem and almost never went out and became a shut-in. If she had to go out she stopped eating for several days before so there would be nothing to come out and sometimes she still had accidents of large amounts of brown liquid coming out without time to get to a bathroom. This has happened to me twice and know I don't go anywhere without my small bottle of Paregoric because it works so fast.

October 27, 2011 6:09 AM

Review by Markjdunn:

For Diarrhea: I have been to many Doctors and with many tests to find out nothing. Tried many types of medicines the only thing that works for me is Paregoric. I don't need much only two spoons a day and it let's me work. Without it I can be in the bathroom up to 16 times a day. Before my Dr. put me on this I had lost 30 lbs. I am not looking forward to the day when I run out.

June 7, 2011 7:47 PM

For Diarrhea: Paregoric is the only medicine that will have any effect on my diarrhea caused by surgically induced Short Bowel Syndrome. To stop being housebound, I have to have it. Without it I can have no normal life.

October 10, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by Need to Survive:

For Diarrhea: I am a 35 year old woman who has tried hundreds of medications to help my chronic diarrhea. I have had multiple diagnosis depending upon the doctor I saw. They ranged from Crohn's, ulcerative Colitis, to Inflammatory Bowel Disease, to severe Irritable bowel syndrome, etc. I have been tested for everything. The only medication that has given me any relief and allows me work and keep going on with my daily activities is Paregoric. If this medication at some point goes off the market, my only alternative will be to file for medical disability and be a shut in. It is very scary and sad for me to that this may happen. This medication has given me the quality of life I need, to keep going everyday.

September 23, 2010 12:01 PM

For Diarrhea: This medicine tastes awful.

February 2, 2010 5:01 PM

More about Paregoric (opium)

Professional resources