User Reviews for Zofran ODT

Learn more about Zofran ODT.

Zofran ODT Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran ODT to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I had this in the hospital after a hysterectomy when I was vomiting from the anesthesia for 3 days afterward. It did absolutely nothing to stop my nausea. I was given it repeatedly even though I told them it was completely ineffective. I had both shots and pills."

housemaid (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2014

"Zofran completely changed my life! The ODT are perfect because I suffer from anxiety and sometimes it gets so bad that I begin to vomit. Also, with Irritable Bowel Syndrome it helps control the nausea and vomiting associated with it. I get no side effects but my insurance doesn't cover more than 5 tabs at a time so I have to get it in regular pill form sometimes at Costco where they have the cheapest price."

Artemis Black October 23, 2014

"Only thing that works! I have MSK and vertigo and BOTH cause nausea with flare ups and this is my life saver!"

Erynnj80 August 19, 2014

"I suffer from chronic lower back pain due to scoliosis and arthritis (42 yrs old). I also suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I take Zofran almost daily to deal with the miseries of both lower back pain and digestive issues. I still have regular bouts of vomiting, however, Zofran will stop the pain and nausea that would continue for days and land me in the hospital with an IV delivering morphine into my system to stop the cycle of vomiting, nausea, and severe pain. I love my Zofran! It makes life "livable.""

Wildflowersma September 23, 2013

"I have been very sick and vomiting with my 2nd pregnancy. My doctor prescribed this to me and now I can keep food and liquids down. I can actually get out of bed and play with my 2yr old. It has saved me."

Cara22 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2013

"I've been taking ondansetron ODT 8mg tabs for about 2 days due to nausea caused by a kidney infection. When I take the tablet it doesn't help and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I just took it a half hour ago to be sure, and I immediately became more nauseous. So I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work for me, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2013

"Went into the ER for the stomach flu. I had been sick for 4 days without eating a thing. I was severely dehydrated and was fainting. They gave me I.V and a dissolve-able pill of Ondansetron (4mg). I was finally able to stop vomiting after 4 days. I still can't eat other than broth but thankfully the vomiting stopped."

Nuggw March 28, 2013

"I have severe nausea and vomiting due to an extreme case of endometriosis. I have to be hospitalized because of pain, weakness and dehydration because of severe vomiting. I can't even hold down a tiny sip of water for 2 mins. I have tried every medication possible and Zofran ODT is the only thing that gives me relief! It is a prescription I always have on hand at all times."

Mrs. Grayson January 11, 2013

"I am pregnant and have been suffering from severe nausea and vomiting. I have been taking Zofran for about 25 weeks. The disolving tablet doesn't have an affect on me. I can't keep it down, even after half an hour I will throw up the medication. The rare times I can hold it down, it has no affect on me."

silvergirlsdca (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2012

"After surgery long term nausea due to pain medicines"

pookie bear September 1, 2012

"Whole family in hospital for stomach virus with severe nausea and vomiting every half hour. This medicine completely stops the nausea within minutes! It definitely gives you headaches and makes you sleepy, but this is a small price to pay to stop the nausea when you are in that situation. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2012

"I am/was taking this medicine to combat nausea from post chemo treatments and I found that it did give me a headache and I could not stand the taste it left in my mouth when the medicine disintegrated on my tongue. "

Anonymous April 20, 2012

"I was pregnant and had severe morning sickness. I was throwing 7-10 a day on a good day. With the Zofran I was down to once or maybe twice a day. I was able to eat and drink liquids again. The chalky flavor does get to you after an extended period of time."

Anonymous March 6, 2012

"I was given this in the ER when I went in with nausea/vomiting problems. I've taken a couple of the 4mg tabs since I've been home and they work great. Problem is that I only was prescribed 5 tabs and I'm having trouble getting more. I suffer from anxiety and am feeling nauseous on a daily basis. I also think this is pre-menopausal nausea since I've suffered from gastric problems in the past. Hoping to get more. Don't want to have to take it but I sure want it available to me."

cat1962 October 1, 2010

"Medicine serves it's purpose; but gives me SEVERE headaches. Like "hangover" headaches in the morning or shortly after I take them (1 hour or so)."

Anonymous July 12, 2010

"Great for my son, the only thing that really helps."

Purplegirl33 July 2, 2010

"I must say I don't have cancer, and I don't have a disease, I have a spas mastic colon which in turns gives me a severe case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation. I usually have a bowl movement every 6-11 days and when I do, I get extremely ill with uncontrollable vomiting due to the pain. I've tried several NON dissolving medications and I've found that Zofran ODT (8mg) is the best and I will stick with it as long as it continues to work for me. I hope someone finds this helpful. If you have any form of illness that causes severe vomiting I recommend Zofran ODT."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

"The medicine saved my second pregnancy (with twins). It enabled me to eat normally most of the time although I did have a bit of nausea. There was no adverse effect on my twins - both are healthy 18 months later. Great drug."

EGSJEM January 8, 2009

"This works very well"

Anonymous November 11, 2008

"My mother was down to 78lbs.due to nausea.Phenergan had been the only drug her Dr.would prescribe. This continued for 3 months until someone told me about zofran. I asked if we could please try it, it was amazing.I'm positive,if we hadn't asked about this drug,she would be dead from starvation ,due to nausea."

Anonymous April 7, 2008

"My doctor prescribed this to me for pregnancy induced nausea and vomiting. All of my pregnancys were horrible with nausea and vomiting. Well this time Im about seven weeks pregnant and I have been taking the generic brand onadosterone orrally distinguishing tablets, they are small with a minty flavor. It melts quickly and I must say I have not vomited one time this pregnancy. I have had mild tiredness, headache, dizziness and much better than nausea and vomiting and being unable to eat."

carrielynn29 February 2, 2008