User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Alcohol Dependence 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first

Pruritus 0 reviews 289 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 139 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Ondansetron

Review by asbeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I've had reoccurring nausea for over a year now. The bouts of nausea, dry heaving and vomiting only bile would last for hours. Phenergan did nothing, but Zofran, within 5 min (usually) I'm cured. It does make you sleepy, but well worth a little tiredness. It is expensive without insurance.

August 22, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Erynnj80:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Only thing that works! I have MSK and vertigo and BOTH cause nausea with flare ups and this is my life saver!

August 19, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by Karen Schneider:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I took it for the first time last night when a wave of nausea came over me and bam! Cleared it right up. It's the next day and still no side effects what so ever. I'm very impressed with this medication and Highly recommend it.

August 11, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by HealthyHanna (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: It hid hard and fast and took me completely by surprise when I found myself dealing with vomiting and stuff uncontrollably exiting through the other end at the very same time. A five day prescription of Zofran from my doctor took care of everything quickly and with no side effects. Thank goodness for Zofran!

August 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by camille10:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from emetophobia. The anxiety causes stomach upset and the fear of throwing up increases the anxiety in a vicious cycle. My psychiatrist prescribed Zofran while I was trying out SSRI's to help me get through the first few weeks of side effects. I am now on Celexa with a lot less anxiety and only take Zofran as needed! It works great it just makes me feel sleepy. Haven't run into any constipation yet.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by emjay95:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I get migraines 2-3 times a month and I almost always vomit a lot when I get them. I saw a headache specialist just yesterday, and she recommended this for the nausea and vomiting. Today, of course, I woke up with a migraine and extreme nausea and vomiting. I took a tab (which tastes weirdly sweet- I suspect the aspartame which is a sweetener) and within a few minutes, I no longer felt nauseous at all. For somebody used to crouching over the toilet for long periods of time, this is wonderful.

July 31, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Clifo:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. My stomach suffers from my anxiety and it seems that one triggers the other. After struggling for 3 days with constant nausea and running to the toilet I decided to be brave and try one 4mg wafer (I have a fear of any new medication). I made my husband drive into town, in case I had a reaction...so we were close to the hospital (I know...I'm crazy!!). Anyway, took the little wafer and within about 15 minutes started to feel better. Last night I ate my first full meal in days and this morning I feel fine. Next time I won't wait as long! A great little pill to always have with you.

July 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Sie1026:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I'm now about 10 weeks pregnant horrible sickness was in ER for dehydration they prescribed me Zofran for the nausea. It works great its fast an effective I just don't like the side effects I've had horrible headaches and can't go number 2. I'm grateful to have the sickness feeling go away but I don't know if I can deal with the headaches.

July 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Review by DaMaFia6iX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: Going through chemotherapy for ALL for 3 years, and I've tried EVERY available CNIV that I could get when I was doing my chemotherapy. Zofran by far was the best for me specifically the sublingual (melt under the tongue) it also has a cherry taste to it and the taste of it gives me an almost instantaneously feeling of the symptoms being not as bad and then as it finally melts it greatly reduces the symptom if not completely stops them. Sometimes unfortunately there's times that even though it reduced symptoms that the CNIV was just stronger and I'd still not feel to well and still have CNIV but it did at least help and make it more tolerable when it didn't completely take it away.

July 5, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Rupturedappy269:

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: I began taking this medication after I had a very complicated, invasive surgery due to a ruptured appendix left to leak for three days, peritonitis, etc, for the nausea that accompanied surgery, and condition itself; it worked wonders, kept me from vomiting, and kept the nausea entirely at bay. I recovered well and stopped the medication a week after surgery, however, about 3 weeks post op, I began experiencing constant nausea and pain, without a known cause, which made my life absolutely miserable constantly. I couldn't eat or drink without nausea and feeling like I was about to vomit, couldn't function normally, lost several pounds, and felt like crap constantly. Then, my surgeon prescribed this medicine, and life was okay. :)

June 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Debi from Fl:

For Nausea/Vomiting: My husband took me to the walk in clinic with severe headache and vomiting every 1/2 hr. A shot of this medicine stopped the nausea & vomiting almost instantly. I had a severe sinus infection as it turns out.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by apugliese92:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was prescribed this medication for food poisoning. Effectively reduces nausea. I experienced no vomiting on this pill. Did experience mild headaches and slight drowsiness.

May 19, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Bizzy Momma (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I get severe nausea & vomiting with my migraines and this is the only thing that helps. It occasionally leaves me with a small headache but that's nothing compared to what I had to go through before! Just a 4 mg melt on my tongue and I'm good to go!

May 17, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by O.Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: This medication works wonders for me whenever I feel sick or nauseous. The flavored tablets that disintegrate under the tongue or in the mouth are very convenient and work really quickly to relieve nausea/vomiting. The only real side effect from it that I have noticed is a slight tired feeling. I'd much rather feel a little sleepy than sick to my stomach. I really recommend this medicine if your doctor also feels that it is right for you.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by ritzi (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Was given Zofran for nausea in Recovery Room before going to same-day surgery unit prior to release. Ended up with nausea, dizziness, vomiting & shivering. After 2nd vomiting episode I was given Phenergan & was able to be released in another couple of hours.

April 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 11:32 PM

Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: 16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by The Beev:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: Excellent help with severe nausea caused by IBS, SIBO and gastritis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 9:14 AM

Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

January 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by fiona russell (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Pregnant in 1994, I was the first person in Scotland to take this medicine, injected, and it saved my life and that of my unborn child, scared and feeling at a loss it worked wonders. I was so thin, dangerously thin, dangerously ill, what a turn around in the space of one week. First thing I ate in 7 months came thanks to Zofran. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering severe hyperemesis during pregnancy and not to worry, it worked out fine for me and my child who is now 19 and has an amazing life thanks to ondansetron (Zofran).

January 16, 2014 4:35 AM

Review by pinksfan (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Zofran worked wonders after my operation. Significantly decreased my nausea. It's a great medication in my eyes.

January 8, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Thankfully, this really works.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by LupusSLELady (taken for 10 years or more):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have terminal Lupus/rheumatoid arthritis, 20 secondary conditions. Constant Nausea for years, ate very little vomiting till in ER, dehydration. Compazine Meclizine, no relief. Dr's prescribed Phenergan 4x a day gives me a appetite Zofran 120 tablets a keeps it down, NOT dissolvable. My other medications (Dilaudid 8mgs 4-6 a day, Exalgo 32Mgs for severe body wide pain, 2 Muscle relaxers Flexeril in the AM, Zanaflex PM. Xanax for Essential Tremor Disorder and Diazepam (Valium) in the afternoon/evening for seizures and Anxiety also helps with side effects of Prednisone jittery, etc.) makes nausea worse. Zofran is a MIRACLE! When REALLY nauseated take 2, gone in mins, food stays down! No side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by ashley mom of 3:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM