User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Alcohol Dependence 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first

Pruritus 0 reviews 288 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 132 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Ondansetron

Review by Sie1026:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I'm now about 10 weeks pregnant horrible sickness was in ER for dehydration they prescribed me Zofran for the nausea. It works great its fast an effective I just don't like the side effects I've had horrible headaches and can't go number 2. I'm grateful to have the sickness feeling go away but I don't know if I can deal with the headaches.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Review by DaMaFia6iX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: Going through chemotherapy for ALL for 3 years, and I've tried EVERY available CNIV that I could get when I was doing my chemotherapy. Zofran by far was the best for me specifically the sublingual (melt under the tongue) it also has a cherry taste to it and the taste of it gives me an almost instantaneously feeling of the symptoms being not as bad and then as it finally melts it greatly reduces the symptom if not completely stops them. Sometimes unfortunately there's times that even though it reduced symptoms that the CNIV was just stronger and I'd still not feel to well and still have CNIV but it did at least help and make it more tolerable when it didn't completely take it away.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Rupturedappy269:

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: I began taking this medication after I had a very complicated, invasive surgery due to a ruptured appendix left to leak for three days, peritonitis, etc, for the nausea that accompanied surgery, and condition itself; it worked wonders, kept me from vomiting, and kept the nausea entirely at bay. I recovered well and stopped the medication a week after surgery, however, about 3 weeks post op, I began experiencing constant nausea and pain, without a known cause, which made my life absolutely miserable constantly. I couldn't eat or drink without nausea and feeling like I was about to vomit, couldn't function normally, lost several pounds, and felt like crap constantly. Then, my surgeon prescribed this medicine, and life was okay. :)

June 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Debi from Fl:

For Nausea/Vomiting: My husband took me to the walk in clinic with severe headache and vomiting every 1/2 hr. A shot of this medicine stopped the nausea & vomiting almost instantly. I had a severe sinus infection as it turns out.

May 21, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by apugliese92:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was prescribed this medication for food poisoning. Effectively reduces nausea. I experienced no vomiting on this pill. Did experience mild headaches and slight drowsiness.

May 19, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Bizzy Momma (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I get severe nausea & vomiting with my migraines and this is the only thing that helps. It occasionally leaves me with a small headache but that's nothing compared to what I had to go through before! Just a 4 mg melt on my tongue and I'm good to go!

May 17, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by O.Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: This medication works wonders for me whenever I feel sick or nauseous. The flavored tablets that disintegrate under the tongue or in the mouth are very convenient and work really quickly to relieve nausea/vomiting. The only real side effect from it that I have noticed is a slight tired feeling. I'd much rather feel a little sleepy than sick to my stomach. I really recommend this medicine if your doctor also feels that it is right for you.

May 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by ritzi (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Was given Zofran for nausea in Recovery Room before going to same-day surgery unit prior to release. Ended up with nausea, dizziness, vomiting & shivering. After 2nd vomiting episode I was given Phenergan & was able to be released in another couple of hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 11:32 PM

Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: 16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

February 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by The Beev:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: Excellent help with severe nausea caused by IBS, SIBO and gastritis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 9:14 AM

Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by fiona russell (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Pregnant in 1994, I was the first person in Scotland to take this medicine, injected, and it saved my life and that of my unborn child, scared and feeling at a loss it worked wonders. I was so thin, dangerously thin, dangerously ill, what a turn around in the space of one week. First thing I ate in 7 months came thanks to Zofran. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering severe hyperemesis during pregnancy and not to worry, it worked out fine for me and my child who is now 19 and has an amazing life thanks to ondansetron (Zofran).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2014 4:35 AM

Review by pinksfan (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Zofran worked wonders after my operation. Significantly decreased my nausea. It's a great medication in my eyes.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Thankfully, this really works.

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by LupusSLELady (taken for 10 years or more):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have terminal Lupus/rheumatoid arthritis, 20 secondary conditions. Constant Nausea for years, ate very little vomiting till in ER, dehydration. Compazine Meclizine, no relief. Dr's prescribed Phenergan 4x a day gives me a appetite Zofran 120 tablets a keeps it down, NOT dissolvable. My other medications (Dilaudid 8mgs 4-6 a day, Exalgo 32Mgs for severe body wide pain, 2 Muscle relaxers Flexeril in the AM, Zanaflex PM. Xanax for Essential Tremor Disorder and Diazepam (Valium) in the afternoon/evening for seizures and Anxiety also helps with side effects of Prednisone jittery, etc.) makes nausea worse. Zofran is a MIRACLE! When REALLY nauseated take 2, gone in mins, food stays down! No side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by ashley mom of 3:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM

Review by Maria Jane (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I am 7 weeks pregnant and around 6 weeks the "morning" sickness began. I missed 2 days of work because I was miserable. I finally decided to call my doctor because I did not want to be missing work, especially since no one knows yet. It's works great! I can make it through the day at work without constantly feeling like I need to vomit. I still get stomach aches and a little constipation, not sure if it's related to the medicine, but I'd take that over the nausea and vomiting any day.It's a life saver for the work day!

October 30, 2013 10:38 AM

Review by Hein:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Took my 2 year old grandson to ER after vomiting/nausea all morning. Zofran was administered. He had seizure within 2 minutes after the drug was administered and another two seizures within 12 hours. Spinal fluid showed no abnormality neither the EEG or the MRI brainscan. Neurologist decided Zofran to have caused the seizures. The amount administered not known but a seond dose were given because " he spit out" the first.

October 25, 2013 1:31 PM

Review by hhgville (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: This is my miracle medicine. Best medicine I have ever taken in my life. Works for me in 1-2 minutes. Have nausea from acid reflux and feel instantly better. A little sleepy but it doesn't put me in a deep slumber. Love Zofran.

October 14, 2013 7:47 AM

Review by Wildflowersma:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I suffer from chronic lower back pain due to scoliosis and arthritis (42 yrs old). I also suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I take Zofran almost daily to deal with the miseries of both lower back pain and digestive issues. I still have regular bouts of vomiting, however, Zofran will stop the pain and nausea that would continue for days and land me in the hospital with an IV delivering morphine into my system to stop the cycle of vomiting, nausea, and severe pain. I love my Zofran! It makes life "livable."

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2013 10:09 AM

Review by 2nd trimester (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I started taking ondansetron during my 8th week. This is my second pregnancy and I literally could not get out of bed always feeling sick from morning to night. I could not work cook or anything. While it did help me keep foods down I still felt very sick like i was going to throw up but never did. I thought I could go to work (hairdresser) and I was wrong. I almost passed out, it makes you very drowsy. I am on my 15th week and I stopped taking it two weeks ago the benefits were not outweighing enough. Even though I am still sick and have thrown up a couple of times here and there, I stopped taking it. I feel much better not taking it.

September 5, 2013 12:06 PM

Review by Kteel (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have had three pregnancies and with the first two the morning sickness was bearable enough without medication. This time around I have had trouble making it to work and have been constantly miserable, nauseous and dry heaving. I took my first Zofran last night and the only complaint I have is that I wish it was non-drowsy. I almost fell asleep at my desk today. However, I will take drowsiness over nausea any way. Thank you Zofran.

August 21, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by Nw:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: This works perfectly, I'd highly recommend it.

August 18, 2013 12:52 PM