User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Alcohol Dependence 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first

Pruritus 0 reviews 292 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 156 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Ondansetron

Review by Mommabear997:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I'm 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. Was admitted into maternity yesterday after throwing up every few minutes all yesterday morning. They have me fluids and Gravol but that only made me drowsy, and did nothing for the throwing up so they decided to give me the Zofran. It started working as soon as it was into my body. It's was quick and very effective!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 12:41 PM

Review by harpie:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I take several medications for treatment of Auto-Immune disease. I had hiatle hernia surgery so it is important I do not vomit unless absolutely necessary. Zofran works quickly to eliminate nausea and vomiting and also relaxes me.

January 29, 2015 8:41 PM

Review by Ms. Dena:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Was prescribed this medicine due to problems associated with Gerd that had me very nauseated this medicine works great- Immediately.

January 9, 2015 12:58 AM

Review by Essica_J (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have had bad nausea/morning sickness since week 5. This medicine has been wonderful. There are times where I still feel sick, but it's bearable and I don't throw up. I've been taking it so long now that the sleepiness it causes doesn't affect me anymore. However, the constipation from it has been a downer.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 5:20 PM

Review by okay yeah:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: This relieved my nausea fairly quickly and allowed me to sleep off the bug. Only downside is it made me dizzy.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 12:05 AM

Review by akzglz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have taken myself to ER and had bad stomach bug so much I needed fluids and this medicine worked magically (i.v form) and then pills work great at home.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Review by housemaid (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I had this in the hospital after a hysterectomy when I was vomiting from the anesthesia for 3 days afterward. It did absolutely nothing to stop my nausea. I was given it repeatedly even though I told them it was completely ineffective. I had both shots and pills.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by Fizzle3913:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have been having a lot of stomach issues. I was told it was a bunch of things. At last it took about 4 months to conclude it was my colon. After a bout in the hospital I was given Zofran which worked wonders in no time at all; was also given Phenergan at one point and immediately became extremely irate until I passed out from it. In comparison Zofran is a God send. Can be expensive.

December 13, 2014 11:27 PM

Review by Michele720 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was in the hospital for 11 days, diagnosed with failing kidneys which made me highly nauseated. I've lost 20 lbs. in 2 months. The shots worked quicker for me than the 4mg pills I'm taking at home. But reading through the posts, I now know why I was severely constipated, and I normally suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome....constant diarrhea. My kidneys continue to deteriorate which causes the nausea. As far as the person who mentioned they stopped taking it because of a headache...the headache probably came from extreme vomiting or the blood pressure going up from the stress of vomiting. That's what happened to me. I would give it another try.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 10:28 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: Such a life saver! I've been sick my whole pregnancy so far and I am 26 weeks. Zofran stops the nausea and vomiting almost instantly.

November 19, 2014 5:28 AM

Review by dpossum (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Works wonders for morning sickness! I had no appetite and was losing too much weight. This does the trick...I feel human again!

November 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by Artemis Black:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Zofran completely changed my life! The ODT are perfect because I suffer from anxiety and sometimes it gets so bad that I begin to vomit. Also, with Irritable Bowel Syndrome it helps control the nausea and vomiting associated with it. I get no side effects but my insurance doesn't cover more than 5 tabs at a time so I have to get it in regular pill form sometimes at Costco where they have the cheapest price.

October 23, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by nicole89s:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I recently started Zofran 4mg for constant nausea and vomiting due to anxiety and panic disorder, severe emetephobia and gastritis and have had great results. It does cause crippling stomach cramps at times and some constipation but those I can handle. I forever thought of Phenergan as my miracle after taking it for 5 years for a failing gallbladder (its removed now) but Zofran has been so much more effective at stopping the constant nausea and allowing me to eat normally again! I love and keep it with me at all times!

October 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Review by wrecky (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: Oral Dissolving Tablets are the way to go. It is quite discouraging vomiting up your nausea medicines.

October 17, 2014 7:41 AM

Review by MsD.:

For Gastroenteritis: I have suffered with gastrointestinal/irritable bowel syndrome problems for 15 years. This medication is literally a "miracle worker". Anytime I have a flare-up that causes nausea/vomiting, I take one pill of this and I am fine just minutes later. I remember thanking my doctor over and over for finding this medication for me. I agree with others that it makes you a little sleepy (does not knock you out though) and also if you use it several days in a row (which hopefully you do not), it can and may cause constipation. I would recommend this to anyone with frequent and/or recurring GI/IBS episodes.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 10:42 PM

Review by Mandymia (taken for less than 1 month):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I had the Norovirus last year and took Zofran and it worked very well. The pills are small and dissolve easily on your tongue so you don't have to drink water and risk throwing up the medicine. If possible, I think it would be great to offer this medication over the counter.

September 26, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by Nicole5003:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was experiencing a stomach bug not too long ago that was making me constantly vomit. I was vomiting so much the whole entire day I became very dehydrated and the nausea was only getting worse. I was miserable! My advice nurse prescribed me this medication and within 10 minutes of taking it the nausea went away and I was able to get some food and fluids in my body without vomiting it back up. This was my life saver!

September 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by asbeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I've had reoccurring nausea for over a year now. The bouts of nausea, dry heaving and vomiting only bile would last for hours. Phenergan did nothing, but Zofran, within 5 min (usually) I'm cured. It does make you sleepy, but well worth a little tiredness. It is expensive without insurance.

August 22, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Erynnj80:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Only thing that works! I have MSK and vertigo and BOTH cause nausea with flare ups and this is my life saver!

August 19, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by Karen Schneider:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I took it for the first time last night when a wave of nausea came over me and bam! Cleared it right up. It's the next day and still no side effects what so ever. I'm very impressed with this medication and Highly recommend it.

August 11, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by HealthyHanna (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: It hid hard and fast and took me completely by surprise when I found myself dealing with vomiting and stuff uncontrollably exiting through the other end at the very same time. A five day prescription of Zofran from my doctor took care of everything quickly and with no side effects. Thank goodness for Zofran!

August 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by camille10:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from emetophobia. The anxiety causes stomach upset and the fear of throwing up increases the anxiety in a vicious cycle. My psychiatrist prescribed Zofran while I was trying out SSRI's to help me get through the first few weeks of side effects. I am now on Celexa with a lot less anxiety and only take Zofran as needed! It works great it just makes me feel sleepy. Haven't run into any constipation yet.

August 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by emjay95:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I get migraines 2-3 times a month and I almost always vomit a lot when I get them. I saw a headache specialist just yesterday, and she recommended this for the nausea and vomiting. Today, of course, I woke up with a migraine and extreme nausea and vomiting. I took a tab (which tastes weirdly sweet- I suspect the aspartame which is a sweetener) and within a few minutes, I no longer felt nauseous at all. For somebody used to crouching over the toilet for long periods of time, this is wonderful.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Clifo:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. My stomach suffers from my anxiety and it seems that one triggers the other. After struggling for 3 days with constant nausea and running to the toilet I decided to be brave and try one 4mg wafer (I have a fear of any new medication). I made my husband drive into town, in case I had a reaction...so we were close to the hospital (I know...I'm crazy!!). Anyway, took the little wafer and within about 15 minutes started to feel better. Last night I ate my first full meal in days and this morning I feel fine. Next time I won't wait as long! A great little pill to always have with you.

July 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Sie1026:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I'm now about 10 weeks pregnant horrible sickness was in ER for dehydration they prescribed me Zofran for the nausea. It works great its fast an effective I just don't like the side effects I've had horrible headaches and can't go number 2. I'm grateful to have the sickness feeling go away but I don't know if I can deal with the headaches.

July 26, 2014 11:25 AM