User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Gastroenteritis 15 reviews 20 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 214 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ondansetron

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took this for nausea due to flue. It might have helped, I'm not sure, but I took it twelve hours ago and now I have worst headache of life and nothing gets rid of it. I can't move and I'm very dizzy. Also slightly nauseous. Phenergan would have been better. Also this stuff tastes gross and I almost puked trying to swallow it. Would not take this again."

Myheadhurtsalot May 6, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting for the past 6 months, and it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me Zofran through IV and was feeling better in about an hour. After I was released I was on 4 mg every 8 hours and for about a week I was back to my old self. Then things started to go down hill, and they boosted it to 8 mg. Now it doesn't evenwork anymore and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I also got pretty bad constipation and headaches after taking the medication. Not to mention, if you're taking the tablets be ready to handle the taste because it is DISGUSTING."

Mari-Ann18 April 30, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I feel like I've been sick for a very long time. It began around early February. I started feeling tired and nauseous. I had other symptoms, but the nausea was the worst. It just got worse and more frequent. My mother talked me into going in and I was diagnosed with "migraine with aura" about a month ago. I don't feel like migraines have anything to do with the nausea, but that's all I have to go on for now. The nausea comes in waves and I've had to stop doing schoolwork because of it. I was hoping the zofran would help, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still wake up at night because I'm so nauseous, and it never seems to end."

SadGrace (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Best nausea medication in my opinion. I use it for nausea associated with my migraine headaches and it works extremely fast and well."

Lithh (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a lot of GI, p"

Brad bortner (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "While on this medication I didn't read into the side effects, so first day took it don't remember any problems, second day I felt like I had the worst headache ever, I took Tylenol and Motrin but neither help, 3rdday I started feeling sick, my words weren't coming out in the right order here and there (I blamed it on my headache, still not connecting these pills were the cause) then I seen a warning label on the back that said could cause headaches (by this time I was having my whole body shake once or twice, felt like my head was gonna fall off from the pounding, and extremely sick) so my husband looked up side effects and sure enough I had just about all of them! Worked great for not vomiting but not worth side effects"

DestinyStarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was taking Zofran for awful stomach upset with nausea because one of my other medicines I was on I picked up at pharmacy was a generic new form of medication to treat pain. This new medicine made me very sick. Zofran helped out a lot plus I could take it up to four times per-day. However, I'm also on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks. One day after 2 weeks on these meds I had severe shaking happening to me and I never felt this way before.. Come to find out taking both the Zofran and Lexapro on same day each day was high risk of a drug interaction very severe and I was having the symptoms of a bad interaction. I need to change my lexapro to another type of depression med. But, every depression med is bad with zofran."

ChristineJJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Just gave this to my daughter for the stomach bug and so far it seems to be working considering she's running (2 1/2 yr old) around again and holding her food and liquids down! She's taken it in the past as well and it has worked every time after the first dose! Very pleased mom!"

myas mommy (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took ondansetron as prescribed my doctor while being constantly vomiting in pregnancy and in hospital due to sickness but my son who was born in 2005 but had worries regarding his behaviour before he went to nursery school .My son has real issues and I have told the school . I'm his mum I know there's a problem but the school won't admit it ."

Lanyf March 22, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was very sick from antibiotics and large doses of Prednisone to help with the asthma. Couldn't hold any food down but did take enough water and Gatorade. Kept losing weight and had terrible abdominal cramps with the nausea. Finally saw another Dr after 11 days who prescribed the ZOFRAN and all nausea and cramps totally went away. Finally could start eating again! ZOFRAN was a miracle med for me! !!"

SickF March 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been having migranes since I was a child, but did not have the nausea with ten until I has kids. There is nothing worse than throwing up when you have a migrane. Thank god for Zofran! The tab that you put under your tongue is awsome. It's fast and it also calms Me down from the anxiety from it all. They are expensive do I only get a few a month. Tried taking them in pill form they make me very drowsy but insurance covers alot more."

tklockwood124 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 8, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I love this medication, it has made such a difference in my life. I was on the Zofran pump while pregnant for hyperemesis gravidarum, it is the reason I was able to carry my child to term. It is the reason we are both here today. I continue to take Zofran as needed for nausea stemming from complications with fibromyalgia, ibs and celiacs. It can cause constipation from time to time, but that is much easier than nausea and vomiting all the time. It melts quickly and within minutes the nausea is gone."

jap0587 March 8, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I suffer from crohns colitis, & also I have severe PTSD anxiety. I was constantly nauseous & puking off & on for a week straight. I went to the ER & they prescribed me this medication. I took the medication, it took away symptoms for just a few minutes, & I was back to puking 45 minutes later. I hate these pills!"

Hannaah_kay February 25, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This is such an effective and helpful med. I can't tell you how many times I'd been nauseous and almost immediately got rid of it with the disolvable version. It melts, I wait a few minutes and then it's gone normally."

Natty_R (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed zofran because I was constantly nauseous and depressed because of a personal matter. Yes they taste awful but they work 100% of the time! And they work quickly!"

AmyCamille1975 February 10, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I sometimes suffer from anxiety that makes me physically ill. I have been nauseous and puking for 7 days and I finally went to see a doc. They gave me the dissolving tablets. Eww! Gross. The taste stays in my mouth for hours and it doesn't help. It just gets worse."

AndreaLS February 5, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Today I went to the doctors for some common flu symptoms. They prescribed me Zofran for my nausea and upset stomach. About 10-15 minutes after taking it there was a tremendous relief of everything. It works rapidly and does wonders. I have not experienced any side effects like headaches or nothing yet so everything's good so far."

Uniqua (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given this drug while pregnant for morning sickness. Didn't help at all, gave me a headache and actually made me throw up a few times. My son was also born with a genetic mutation - Epidermal Nevus syndrome which I'm sure is from the Zofran as it is not approved for use during pregnancy. If I could go back in time I would NOT have used this during pregnancy. I was also given this drug several times for gastroenteritis with the same result - headache and increased vomiting. Did not work for me."

Brit29 February 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I caught a stomach bug around the middle of November and was extremely nauseous. I saw my gastroenterologist who prescribed Ondansetron which helped. I have post infectious IBS thanks to the nasty stomach bug I picked up and experience nausea among other things and this medicine has helped. I hate feeling nauseous."

IBSgirl1668 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I have to go into the hospital every two months because I start throwing up and go into a coma state if I do not get IV in me .They gave me Zofran the last time and I was up and good as new in 5 minutes. I will keep this on hand at home for future episodes !"

Belle21 January 31, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Zofran is a miracle drug! I've had this medication for several years on an as-needed basis. With my IBS and anxiety, I tend to get nauseous easily. Whatever the cause to my nausea may be, Zofran works every single time. Now that its dissolvable it makes it so much easier to take. The relief happens within 20-30 minutes and usually 1 tablet is all I need. I do experience 2 side effects each and every time: a painful headache after the drug wears off (6-8 hours after taken) and constipation (practically nonexistent bowel movements) for 2-3 days. For the headache, OTC migraine meds work best. The constipation isn't bothersome enough to me to treat."

Kaydubs22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I've used zofran through 1 pregnancy and now tried it with this current twin pregnancy. I have hyperemesis gravidarum (basically extreme morning sickness, loss weight due to inability to eat/keep things down) and unfortunately it hasn't worked at all for either of my pregnancies. Glad it works so well for so many. Sad im not one of the many."

Through 2 pregnancies (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was sick for a day before I went in and was prescribed zofran. It gave me instant relief to the nausea and vomiting. I was also lucky enough to not get any side effects."

nicknamesonnyboywilliamson (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had bad constipation and my urgent care doctor prescribed it To me so I wouldn't throw up due to me being terrified of it. After about 30-60 minutes I feel a lot better and I can actually eat again. It doesn't help out so much with the constipation but it keeps my anxiety from building up towards the vomitting."

Agu0328 January 2, 2016