User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Alcohol Dependence 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first

Postanesthetic Shivering 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pruritus 0 reviews 293 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 163 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Ondansetron

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was extremely hungover and was vomiting for about 14 hours non-stop before being prescribed Zofran. I know it seems silly to get medication for a hangover, but I was becoming dangerously dehydrated from the binge drinking and heavy vomiting, as I was unable to keep even a sip of water down. Not even ten minutes after taking the medicine (dissolvable pills), I already felt significant relief from the nausea, and therefore the vomiting as well. A bit expensive, but completely worth it."

qh3rdb (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Very good for nausea and shaking."

silk J. May 5, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this medication when I had stomach flu and I was so thankful to have it! It worked quickly and efficiently to stop the nausea and therefore the vomiting."

jjturlik April 13, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine saves me. I get stomach aches a lot and it makes me feel so much better. And I was sick with the stomach flu about 2 weeks ago and it stopped me from throwing up. Works great. "

NicoleBarnett_ March 20, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The only medication that really does the trick. I have been prescribed to it twice now due to a severe stomach virus and it gave me relief after 20 minutes! Didn't throw up any more afterwards and helped me sleep after a very restless night. Love it!"

Xtiffanyoxo March 9, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm taking this for morning sickness, I feel like it has given me my life back. I lost over 6 lbs in 5 days due to nausea and vomiting, and was too sick to do anything for my toddler, myself, or my home. I can tell when it's starting to wear off (at about 6.5-7 hr.) because the nausea comes right back. I'll take being backed up and a little drowsy as a side effect... it allows me to eat and keep things down and be present in my family's life. Never thought I'd be so happy to take a medication, but I'm SO thankful for Zofran."

preggo84 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Last night I had severe diarhhea and stomach pain and dizziness, maybe I was dehydrated from the stomach bug so I went to the ER and they said they were going to give me Zofran, which I have a phobia of trying new pills but my stomach hurt so bad, I told the nurse I'd break it in half till I seen how small it was, and she said just let it dissolve on your tongue so I did and it had a strawberry flavor which I told her wow this taste good, and within about 5 minutes my nausea had gotten so much better, even relaxed me a bit, I'm telling you folks if you have the stomach bug or stomach aches, give this a shot I had no side effects at all, maybe a little sleepiness but like others I'll take that over the stomach pain, thanks Zofran."

panic attack jack (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. Was admitted into maternity yesterday after throwing up every few minutes all yesterday morning. They have me fluids and Gravol but that only made me drowsy, and did nothing for the throwing up so they decided to give me the Zofran. It started working as soon as it was into my body. It's was quick and very effective!"

Mommabear997 February 1, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I take several medications for treatment of Auto-Immune disease. I had hiatle hernia surgery so it is important I do not vomit unless absolutely necessary. Zofran works quickly to eliminate nausea and vomiting and also relaxes me."

harpie January 29, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Was prescribed this medicine due to problems associated with Gerd that had me very nauseated this medicine works great- Immediately."

Ms. Dena January 9, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have had bad nausea/morning sickness since week 5. This medicine has been wonderful. There are times where I still feel sick, but it's bearable and I don't throw up. I've been taking it so long now that the sleepiness it causes doesn't affect me anymore. However, the constipation from it has been a downer."

Essica_J (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This relieved my nausea fairly quickly and allowed me to sleep off the bug. Only downside is it made me dizzy."

okay yeah January 4, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have taken myself to ER and had bad stomach bug so much I needed fluids and this medicine worked magically (i.v form) and then pills work great at home. "

akzglz (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had this in the hospital after a hysterectomy when I was vomiting from the anesthesia for 3 days afterward. It did absolutely nothing to stop my nausea. I was given it repeatedly even though I told them it was completely ineffective. I had both shots and pills."

housemaid (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2014

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been having a lot of stomach issues. I was told it was a bunch of things. At last it took about 4 months to conclude it was my colon. After a bout in the hospital I was given Zofran which worked wonders in no time at all; was also given Phenergan at one point and immediately became extremely irate until I passed out from it. In comparison Zofran is a God send. Can be expensive."

Fizzle3913 December 13, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the hospital for 11 days, diagnosed with failing kidneys which made me highly nauseated. I've lost 20 lbs. in 2 months. The shots worked quicker for me than the 4mg pills I'm taking at home. But reading through the posts, I now know why I was severely constipated, and I normally suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome....constant diarrhea. My kidneys continue to deteriorate which causes the nausea. As far as the person who mentioned they stopped taking it because of a headache...the headache probably came from extreme vomiting or the blood pressure going up from the stress of vomiting. That's what happened to me. I would give it another try."

Michele720 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Such a life saver! I've been sick my whole pregnancy so far and I am 26 weeks. Zofran stops the nausea and vomiting almost instantly."

Anonymous November 19, 2014

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Works wonders for morning sickness! I had no appetite and was losing too much weight. This does the trick...I feel human again!"

dpossum (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Zofran completely changed my life! The ODT are perfect because I suffer from anxiety and sometimes it gets so bad that I begin to vomit. Also, with Irritable Bowel Syndrome it helps control the nausea and vomiting associated with it. I get no side effects but my insurance doesn't cover more than 5 tabs at a time so I have to get it in regular pill form sometimes at Costco where they have the cheapest price."

Artemis Black October 23, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I recently started Zofran 4mg for constant nausea and vomiting due to anxiety and panic disorder, severe emetephobia and gastritis and have had great results. It does cause crippling stomach cramps at times and some constipation but those I can handle. I forever thought of Phenergan as my miracle after taking it for 5 years for a failing gallbladder (its removed now) but Zofran has been so much more effective at stopping the constant nausea and allowing me to eat normally again! I love and keep it with me at all times!"

nicole89s October 22, 2014

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "Oral Dissolving Tablets are the way to go. It is quite discouraging vomiting up your nausea medicines."

wrecky (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

For Gastroenteritis: "I have suffered with gastrointestinal/irritable bowel syndrome problems for 15 years. This medication is literally a "miracle worker". Anytime I have a flare-up that causes nausea/vomiting, I take one pill of this and I am fine just minutes later. I remember thanking my doctor over and over for finding this medication for me. I agree with others that it makes you a little sleepy (does not knock you out though) and also if you use it several days in a row (which hopefully you do not), it can and may cause constipation. I would recommend this to anyone with frequent and/or recurring GI/IBS episodes."

MsD. September 30, 2014

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had the Norovirus last year and took Zofran and it worked very well. The pills are small and dissolve easily on your tongue so you don't have to drink water and risk throwing up the medicine. If possible, I think it would be great to offer this medication over the counter."

Mandymia (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was experiencing a stomach bug not too long ago that was making me constantly vomit. I was vomiting so much the whole entire day I became very dehydrated and the nausea was only getting worse. I was miserable! My advice nurse prescribed me this medication and within 10 minutes of taking it the nausea went away and I was able to get some food and fluids in my body without vomiting it back up. This was my life saver!"

Nicole5003 September 2, 2014

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've had reoccurring nausea for over a year now. The bouts of nausea, dry heaving and vomiting only bile would last for hours. Phenergan did nothing, but Zofran, within 5 min (usually) I'm cured. It does make you sleepy, but well worth a little tiredness. It is expensive without insurance."

asbeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2014