User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 6 reviews 48 medications

Postanesthetic Shivering 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pruritus 0 reviews 293 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 171 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Ondansetron

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have endometriosis on my bowel that causes almost constant nausea. I usually take Domperidone but when I'm having a particularly bad day/night i needed something stonger. I asked my specialist for it and it took a while to get them to prescribe it. eventually they relented. It didn't take long for me to need it. I was having a very bad night - dry heaves, bad taste in mouth and shakes. I took 1 x 4mg pill and within 10 mins I was feeling almost human...I managed to get to sleep and today I'm at work... This would not have been possible without this little magic pill... the reason for the 8 and not a 10 is because I have only so far used it once.... it worked wonderfully that one time but I'll hold some reservation in case it was a fluke."

Fallen_Angel182 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "wonderful medicine really help me when i was prego and now with my gastritis nausea"

Anonymous July 8, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced: "After taking 2 tablets I developed an impacted bowel that didn't respond to soft gels. The pain from this was terrible and finally relieved by taking a Fleets enema."

Meningiomas July 6, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Love, love, love Zofran. I took it my entire pregnancy (after losing 41 pounds from constant vomiting) & now my baby is 5 months old with absolutely no health problems. These lawsuits going on scared me, but for no reason obviously bc my lil man is in great health. I get nauseated from time to time and take one of my old pills and I'm good as new! Would recommend this to everyone!!!"

Ali251 June 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was passing a kidney stone and in so much pain but was nauseous and couldn't even take a sip of water let alone take pain killers but they gave me Zofran. (I ended up having to go to the ER) and my nausea cleared up after about ten minutes and I was able drink some water. (I was also dehydrated which can make the kidney stones worse) I would definitely recommend this to others the cons of it out way the pros."

DAS2214 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "My experience on zofran has been alright so far. I suffer from pcos, endometriosis, and gerd. All three of those combined make my nausea outrageous. Sometimes to the point where I have to call in to school or work. I had an ER visit a week ago because my pcos pain meds made me severely constipated. They gave me zofran in my iv along with 6 other things and 2 liters of this water stuff. I've been taking it for a week now and it's alright. It works fast but it doesn't make my nausea go away. It does ease it to the point I don't want to throw up everywhere though. Overall it's a pretty good med. they've had me on 6-7 other meds to prevent my nausea and I have to say this works the best"

A3criggerhills (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am a long term dialysis patient (12 years) and recently began vomiting every run...i had tried gravol many times and had no relief whatsoever and they decided to try odansetron and it works immediately. Even before the medicine finishes running (15 minutes) i am fine till the end of the run which is 4 hours ."

dandygrizz June 26, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Post op pain medication was making me vomit. After trying several pain meds, it was decided that I should take 8mg Zofran every 8 hours. The only side effect of this drug was difficulty passing urine after taking it for more than 3 days. We cut it back to two Zofran daily and that seemed to take care of the side effect,"

sewista June 12, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was extremely hungover and was vomiting for about 14 hours non-stop before being prescribed Zofran. I know it seems silly to get medication for a hangover, but I was becoming dangerously dehydrated from the binge drinking and heavy vomiting, as I was unable to keep even a sip of water down. Not even ten minutes after taking the medicine (dissolvable pills), I already felt significant relief from the nausea, and therefore the vomiting as well. A bit expensive, but completely worth it."

qh3rdb (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Very good for nausea and shaking."

silk J. May 5, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took this medication when I had stomach flu and I was so thankful to have it! It worked quickly and efficiently to stop the nausea and therefore the vomiting."

jjturlik April 13, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine saves me. I get stomach aches a lot and it makes me feel so much better. And I was sick with the stomach flu about 2 weeks ago and it stopped me from throwing up. Works great. "

NicoleBarnett_ March 20, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The only medication that really does the trick. I have been prescribed to it twice now due to a severe stomach virus and it gave me relief after 20 minutes! Didn't throw up any more afterwards and helped me sleep after a very restless night. Love it!"

Xtiffanyoxo March 9, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm taking this for morning sickness, I feel like it has given me my life back. I lost over 6 lbs in 5 days due to nausea and vomiting, and was too sick to do anything for my toddler, myself, or my home. I can tell when it's starting to wear off (at about 6.5-7 hr.) because the nausea comes right back. I'll take being backed up and a little drowsy as a side effect... it allows me to eat and keep things down and be present in my family's life. Never thought I'd be so happy to take a medication, but I'm SO thankful for Zofran."

preggo84 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Last night I had severe diarhhea and stomach pain and dizziness, maybe I was dehydrated from the stomach bug so I went to the ER and they said they were going to give me Zofran, which I have a phobia of trying new pills but my stomach hurt so bad, I told the nurse I'd break it in half till I seen how small it was, and she said just let it dissolve on your tongue so I did and it had a strawberry flavor which I told her wow this taste good, and within about 5 minutes my nausea had gotten so much better, even relaxed me a bit, I'm telling you folks if you have the stomach bug or stomach aches, give this a shot I had no side effects at all, maybe a little sleepiness but like others I'll take that over the stomach pain, thanks Zofran."

panic attack jack (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. Was admitted into maternity yesterday after throwing up every few minutes all yesterday morning. They have me fluids and Gravol but that only made me drowsy, and did nothing for the throwing up so they decided to give me the Zofran. It started working as soon as it was into my body. It's was quick and very effective!"

Mommabear997 February 1, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I take several medications for treatment of Auto-Immune disease. I had hiatle hernia surgery so it is important I do not vomit unless absolutely necessary. Zofran works quickly to eliminate nausea and vomiting and also relaxes me."

harpie January 29, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Was prescribed this medicine due to problems associated with Gerd that had me very nauseated this medicine works great- Immediately."

Ms. Dena January 9, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have had bad nausea/morning sickness since week 5. This medicine has been wonderful. There are times where I still feel sick, but it's bearable and I don't throw up. I've been taking it so long now that the sleepiness it causes doesn't affect me anymore. However, the constipation from it has been a downer."

Essica_J (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This relieved my nausea fairly quickly and allowed me to sleep off the bug. Only downside is it made me dizzy."

okay yeah January 4, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have taken myself to ER and had bad stomach bug so much I needed fluids and this medicine worked magically (i.v form) and then pills work great at home. "

akzglz (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had this in the hospital after a hysterectomy when I was vomiting from the anesthesia for 3 days afterward. It did absolutely nothing to stop my nausea. I was given it repeatedly even though I told them it was completely ineffective. I had both shots and pills."

housemaid (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2014

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been having a lot of stomach issues. I was told it was a bunch of things. At last it took about 4 months to conclude it was my colon. After a bout in the hospital I was given Zofran which worked wonders in no time at all; was also given Phenergan at one point and immediately became extremely irate until I passed out from it. In comparison Zofran is a God send. Can be expensive."

Fizzle3913 December 13, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the hospital for 11 days, diagnosed with failing kidneys which made me highly nauseated. I've lost 20 lbs. in 2 months. The shots worked quicker for me than the 4mg pills I'm taking at home. But reading through the posts, I now know why I was severely constipated, and I normally suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome....constant diarrhea. My kidneys continue to deteriorate which causes the nausea. As far as the person who mentioned they stopped taking it because of a headache...the headache probably came from extreme vomiting or the blood pressure going up from the stress of vomiting. That's what happened to me. I would give it another try."

Michele720 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Such a life saver! I've been sick my whole pregnancy so far and I am 26 weeks. Zofran stops the nausea and vomiting almost instantly."

Anonymous November 19, 2014