User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 2 reviews 5 medications

Pruritus 0 reviews 286 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 124 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Ondansetron

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: 16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

February 9, 2014 8:26 PM
Review by The Beev: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: Excellent help with severe nausea caused by IBS, SIBO and gastritis.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2014 9:14 AM
Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

January 23, 2014 6:33 PM
Review by fiona russell (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: Pregnant in 1994, I was the first person in Scotland to take this medicine, injected, and it saved my life and that of my unborn child, scared and feeling at a loss it worked wonders. I was so thin, dangerously thin, dangerously ill, what a turn around in the space of one week. First thing I ate in 7 months came thanks to Zofran. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering severe hyperemesis during pregnancy and not to worry, it worked out fine for me and my child who is now 19 and has an amazing life thanks to ondansetron (Zofran).

January 16, 2014 4:35 AM
Review by pinksfan (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Zofran worked wonders after my operation. Significantly decreased my nausea. It's a great medication in my eyes.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2014 10:54 PM
Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Thankfully, this really works.

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM
Review by LupusSLELady (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: I have terminal Lupus/rheumatoid arthritis, 20 secondary conditions. Constant Nausea for years, ate very little vomiting till in ER, dehydration. Compazine Meclizine, no relief. Dr's prescribed Phenergan 4x a day gives me a appetite Zofran 120 tablets a keeps it down, NOT dissolvable. My other medications (Dilaudid 8mgs 4-6 a day, Exalgo 32Mgs for severe body wide pain, 2 Muscle relaxers Flexeril in the AM, Zanaflex PM. Xanax for Essential Tremor Disorder and Diazepam (Valium) in the afternoon/evening for seizures and Anxiety also helps with side effects of Prednisone jittery, etc.) makes nausea worse. Zofran is a MIRACLE! When REALLY nauseated take 2, gone in mins, food stays down! No side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 21, 2013 8:21 PM
Review by ashley mom of 3: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM
Review by Maria Jane (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: I am 7 weeks pregnant and around 6 weeks the "morning" sickness began. I missed 2 days of work because I was miserable. I finally decided to call my doctor because I did not want to be missing work, especially since no one knows yet. It's works great! I can make it through the day at work without constantly feeling like I need to vomit. I still get stomach aches and a little constipation, not sure if it's related to the medicine, but I'd take that over the nausea and vomiting any day.It's a life saver for the work day!

October 30, 2013 10:38 AM
Review by Hein:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Took my 2 year old grandson to ER after vomiting/nausea all morning. Zofran was administered. He had seizure within 2 minutes after the drug was administered and another two seizures within 12 hours. Spinal fluid showed no abnormality neither the EEG or the MRI brainscan. Neurologist decided Zofran to have caused the seizures. The amount administered not known but a seond dose were given because " he spit out" the first.

October 25, 2013 1:31 PM
Review by hhgville (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: This is my miracle medicine. Best medicine I have ever taken in my life. Works for me in 1-2 minutes. Have nausea from acid reflux and feel instantly better. A little sleepy but it doesn't put me in a deep slumber. Love Zofran.

October 14, 2013 7:47 AM
Review by Wildflowersma: User Rating:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I suffer from chronic lower back pain due to scoliosis and arthritis (42 yrs old). I also suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I take Zofran almost daily to deal with the miseries of both lower back pain and digestive issues. I still have regular bouts of vomiting, however, Zofran will stop the pain and nausea that would continue for days and land me in the hospital with an IV delivering morphine into my system to stop the cycle of vomiting, nausea, and severe pain. I love my Zofran! It makes life "livable."

September 23, 2013 10:09 AM
Review by 2nd trimester (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: I started taking ondansetron during my 8th week. This is my second pregnancy and I literally could not get out of bed always feeling sick from morning to night. I could not work cook or anything. While it did help me keep foods down I still felt very sick like i was going to throw up but never did. I thought I could go to work (hairdresser) and I was wrong. I almost passed out, it makes you very drowsy. I am on my 15th week and I stopped taking it two weeks ago the benefits were not outweighing enough. Even though I am still sick and have thrown up a couple of times here and there, I stopped taking it. I feel much better not taking it.

September 5, 2013 12:06 PM
Review by Kteel (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have had three pregnancies and with the first two the morning sickness was bearable enough without medication. This time around I have had trouble making it to work and have been constantly miserable, nauseous and dry heaving. I took my first Zofran last night and the only complaint I have is that I wish it was non-drowsy. I almost fell asleep at my desk today. However, I will take drowsiness over nausea any way. Thank you Zofran.

August 21, 2013 1:06 PM
Review by Nw: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: This works perfectly, I'd highly recommend it.

August 18, 2013 12:52 PM
Review by Medulloman (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: A cancer patients best friend. I find it horribly constipating so I always take it with a stool softener.

June 29, 2013 9:49 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: Before taking this medication, I used to vomit 3-4 times a day. I started taking this medication at 9 weeks of my pregnancy. It has helped alot. I am now 12 weeks pregnant. This morning I decided not to take the medicine, little and behold, I throw up!

June 22, 2013 10:40 AM
Review by warwithfood: User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: I have a case of gastroparesis and it stopped me from going a lot of places and hanging out with my friends. It helps with the mild nausea really, really well, but when it gets severe, lets just say, its useless! That's the reason why I gave it an 8 because when its severe that's when I really need it.

June 18, 2013 2:45 PM
Review by Cara22 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have been very sick and vomiting with my 2nd pregnancy. My doctor prescribed this to me and now I can keep food and liquids down. I can actually get out of bed and play with my 2yr old. It has saved me.

June 14, 2013 9:09 AM
Review by princess chi chi: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Love it when you are pregnant. The only medicine that works.

June 2, 2013 4:27 PM
Review by AvaMarie: User Rating:

ondansetron for Nausea/Vomiting: This is amazing! I was vomiting all day, to the point where I was only dry heaving. I went to minor ER and they gave me one ondansetron to dissolve under my tongue, and I haven't vomited since. I'm finally able to eat and keep food down, and I've had no side effects.

May 14, 2013 11:49 AM
Review by Carriewhohasbeenthere: User Rating:

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: Currently popular in ER's, it has had no effect. Once they have given maximum number of dosages and I am still actively vomiting. Finally I get old fashioned Phenergan and then things turn around.

May 11, 2013 1:24 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: I've been taking ondansetron ODT 8mg tabs for about 2 days due to nausea caused by a kidney infection. When I take the tablet it doesn't help and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I just took it a half hour ago to be sure, and I immediately became more nauseous. So I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work for me, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?

April 20, 2013 6:28 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here