User Reviews for Omeprazole

Also known as: Omesec, Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Zegerid (Original Formulation)

Learn more about Omeprazole.

Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 1 reviews 55 medications

Gastritis/Duodenitis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Mastocytosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Omeprazole reviews 84 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Omeprazole

Prilosec (omeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Yes prilosec stopped my heartburn most of the time. I have been hospitalized after I stopped. I now have arthritis so badly in both my hips I have to have them both replaced. I'm only 44 years old. I've been taking the meds since I was 17. If I would had been diagnosed or even tested for H Pylori this could have been cured years ago and I wouldn't have to have my hips replaced. There is no arthritis that runs on either side of my family."

Arthritis Becca August 13, 2015

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "I love this stuff. Ended my reflux and perpetual sore throat. I was thankful for how quickly it worked. Now to the packaging! These pills are nearly inaccessible in the packaging they come in. I use a scissor to open the pockets where the pills are incased and then store the pills in a small bottle."

RickieMH August 12, 2015

For Stomach Ulcer: "I love it! It cured all of my stomach ulcers in 3 months!"

stephyp August 10, 2015

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "I have taken Prilosec for over 15yrs. It works great for the heartburn/reflux/gerd. But let me tell you what it took away from me! It dropped my iron and my iron stores to the bottom, it also took my B12 to the bottom. It also after years of taking it gave me anxiety, cramping of muscles and lead to my potassium being low as well. Then most recently I kept having a horrible burning in my stomach, well guess what Prilosec gave me most of all! A stomach full of gastric polyps!! So now I have weaned myself off this horrible medicine cause gastric polyps are a side effect of it and no one tells you! And if you keep taking it , well guess what it makes even more in your stomach once it starts!! So I weaned myself off it, took over a month"

justme74 July 24, 2015

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "This stuff works great with no side effects. I had my gallbladder removed and was suffering from GERD. My doctor prescribed me this. Now I can eat whatever I want with no heartburn."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 22, 2015

For GERD: "I was prescribed this medication approximately 4 years ago. I experienced severe heartburn and reflux, so much so that I had to sleep with the head of my bed elevated. I filled the prescription but left it in the medicine cabinet for a year without taking one pill. A year after filling it I made a dental appointment because I noticed that the enamel on my teeth was flaking off. The dentist asked me if I had GERD. I said, yes and then he asked me if I was on anything for it. I told him no and he suggested I take something immediately. Turns out the GERD eroded the enamel off of 17 teeth and I had to have extensive dental work done, to the tune of $20K. Expensive lesson to learn but one learned nonetheless. No side effects whatsoever."

Franipants June 16, 2015

For GERD: "Twelve year old child took 20mg/once day and felt nauseated, dizzy, with headache, sun sensitivity, and restless. Took for one month. Experience rebound when withdrawn. Went to half dose for once week before completely discontinuing."

mom2015 May 14, 2015

For GERD: "I have taken low dose omeprozole for the last 20 years. I am a bit concerned about long term usage. I have been getting leg pain and I heard it's not good long term on your bone health."

hirmil (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2015

For GERD: "I have suffered with acid reflux (inflammation) for over one year, which affected my life massively. I was at my wits end, I completely changed my lifestyle (diet) cutting out all spicy foods (which I love) swapping for yogurts, lots of vegetables and probiotics, helped a little but I'd still suffer with acid reflux every single day. In the end I felt depressed and unable to feel happy. I had an infection called "H pylori" which I feel caused me serious health issues including deficiencies with B12 and folic acid as well as many many more health issues. Anyways in short I've recently been prescribed Esomeprazole 20 mg and OMG within one day I felt miles better, reflux gone and so much stomach relief- this medicine really did help me hugely."

kellyj_1 March 17, 2015

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "Doc prescribed this for me but I didn't think it would help, since my main symptoms of shortness of breath and chest tightness and rarely heartburn. Left it in the cabinet for months until recurring stomach pains landed me in the ER. All blood tests, urine tests, and ultrasounds came back normal and once again my doc suggested the Prilosec. Finally caved. I kid you not, within the first day my stomach pains disappeared. I had the best nights sleep the first few days that I could remember, realizing it was actually heartburn waking me up (I contributed my early wakings to anxiety or poor sleep habits). Absolutely no side effects. I can eat whatever I want. I feel like a new person after one week. Hoping this lasts once my 14 days are up!"

Stacy88 January 31, 2015

Prilosec OTC (omeprazole) for Indigestion: "I took Prilosec for about 3 years. I began to experience a rapid heartbeat at night. I would wake up at night and have very rapid heartbeat for about 5 minutes. It finally dawned on me to try leaving off the Prilosec. I have been off now for 2 months and am having no more problems with my heart. I found that Pepcid is also good for indigestion and causes me no problem."

SJOR January 23, 2015

For GERD: "This is GREAT Medicine I have been using it for a few months now due to BAD heartburn & it works great! So far I don't think I have been experiencing any negative side effects I do believe once It gave me Constipation but it could have been poor diet but Overall GREAT Medicine IF you suffer from HORRIBLE ACID REFLUX!"

Trippyking42033 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

For GERD: "Best thing I have used, I started a few days ago and am feeling much better after weeks of horrible reflex. No side effects noticed except feeling like a new person."

desiraejb (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2014

Prilosec (omeprazole) for Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: "I have a hiatal hernia which can cause bad reflux, etc. I've been taking Prilosec at least ten years (probably closer to fifteen) and I've never had ANY negative side effects. It has been invaluable for relieving the inflammation and irritation associated with reflux, gastritis, GERD, etc. Awesome medicine, never had any interaction issues, and I'm on a number of serious medicines (heart, blood pressure, anti- anxiolytics, and pain meds). I'm 58, and will probably be taking it as long as I'm around. Great medicine."

neuralgear (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2014

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "This medicine saved my life. I was in pain and miserable. Tried all the OTC stuff Zantac, Pepcid, Previced, and many others with no success. Then I tried omeprazole and within day's I was better. Great medicine. Would definitely recommend."

john r... (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

Prilosec (omeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I have taken Prilosec or omeprazole for years and in increasing doses over time it has given me perfect control over my reflux and heart burn problem. Nexium made me so sick after 5 days of use that I could not get out of bed. Nothing else has ever worked so extremely well than this medicine."

hannahleila July 9, 2014

Prilosec OTC (omeprazole) for Indigestion: "I love this medicine because after I take it my stomach feels a lot better."

Blondie78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2014

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "Its the best PPI I've tried."

boydgilbreath (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2013

For GERD: "I take this medicine every morning, if I miss one I suffer all day. I want to come off this medicine as I have been on it for over 4 years now. I am 21."

Kelly12121 October 17, 2013

For Indigestion: "I believe this is the best medication that I take. Since starting, over 2 years ago, I have had no heartburn, become very regular also. I take a 20mg cap every morning, and I don't eat breakfast. Just have coffee. (I am 66)."

minter davidson September 1, 2013

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "A great medicine. I'm on 40 mg daily due to the feeling of my food being stuck in my throat. It was so bad at one time that I purposely made myself vomit for relief. After having my esophagus looked at - and finding out I also have a small hiatal hernia, doctor said my "flapper" doesn't close, or stay closed. So here I am religiously taking this medicine and mostly loving life. If you miss a day you will again feel miserable. I will say that over the years I have experienced "breakthrough" reflux at one time or another but never for a second day. Very happy."

janes7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Indigestion: "I had too much acid in my stomach. This was a life saver, couldn't eat or function. Ever since I started taking this, I have my life back."

VeronicaK (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2013

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking Prilosec for several years and I take one with water every morning about 30 minutes before I get up and it has totally eliminated any burning in my chest/esophagus. Also, I learned not to eat any Mexican or spicy food within 3 -4 hours before going to bed."

Dan'l July 27, 2013

For GERD: "I was taking Omeprazole 20 mg/day continuously since 10/2012 for acid Reflux. There was no appreciable effect felt. 2 months back my doctor increased to 1 tablet of 40mg/day. I found good improvement in my appetite and acid reflux problem. But 1 week back onwards I have shortness of breadth even with light work and I could not lie flat. I saw the result of a survey on this website and I am 68. I want to ask doctor again immediately."

Krish99 July 22, 2013

For GERD: "I have been taking it for 4 days and on the 3rd day my nose started running all day. Also, I had sneezing and now a sore throat and cough that hurts. My GERD was so bad that I had a "cobblestone" throat and it was hard to swallow some foods. Supposed to be on it for 2 months. Hope it gets better. Dry mouth at night and rapid heart beat are no fun either."

anomymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2013