Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Omeprazole

Also known as: Omesec, Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Zegerid (Original Formulation)

Learn more about Omeprazole.

Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 1 reviews 55 medications

Systemic Mastocytosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Omeprazole reviews 77 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Omeprazole

Review by hirmil (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: I have taken low dose omeprozole for the last 20 years. I am a bit concerned about long term usage. I have been getting leg pain and I heard it's not good long term on your bone health.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 9:32 AM

Review by kellyj_1:

For GERD: I have suffered with acid reflux (inflammation) for over one year, which affected my life massively. I was at my wits end, I completely changed my lifestyle (diet) cutting out all spicy foods (which I love) swapping for yogurts, lots of vegetables and probiotics, helped a little but I'd still suffer with acid reflux every single day. In the end I felt depressed and unable to feel happy. I had an infection called "H pylori" which I feel caused me serious health issues including deficiencies with B12 and folic acid as well as many many more health issues. Anyways in short I've recently been prescribed Esomeprazole 20 mg and OMG within one day I felt miles better, reflux gone and so much stomach relief- this medicine really did help me hugely.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by Stacy88:

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: Doc prescribed this for me but I didn't think it would help, since my main symptoms of shortness of breath and chest tightness and rarely heartburn. Left it in the cabinet for months until recurring stomach pains landed me in the ER. All blood tests, urine tests, and ultrasounds came back normal and once again my doc suggested the Prilosec. Finally caved. I kid you not, within the first day my stomach pains disappeared. I had the best nights sleep the first few days that I could remember, realizing it was actually heartburn waking me up (I contributed my early wakings to anxiety or poor sleep habits). Absolutely no side effects. I can eat whatever I want. I feel like a new person after one week. Hoping this lasts once my 14 days are up!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 1:01 PM

Review by SJOR:

Prilosec OTC (omeprazole) for Indigestion: I took Prilosec for about 3 years. I began to experience a rapid heartbeat at night. I would wake up at night and have very rapid heartbeat for about 5 minutes. It finally dawned on me to try leaving off the Prilosec. I have been off now for 2 months and am having no more problems with my heart. I found that Pepcid is also good for indigestion and causes me no problem.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 12:17 PM

Review by Trippyking42033 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For GERD: This is GREAT Medicine I have been using it for a few months now due to BAD heartburn & it works great! So far I don't think I have been experiencing any negative side effects I do believe once It gave me Constipation but it could have been poor diet but Overall GREAT Medicine IF you suffer from HORRIBLE ACID REFLUX!

January 17, 2015 10:24 AM

Review by desiraejb (taken for less than 1 month):

For GERD: Best thing I have used, I started a few days ago and am feeling much better after weeks of horrible reflex. No side effects noticed except feeling like a new person.

December 22, 2014 7:12 PM

Review by neuralgear (taken for 10 years or more):

Prilosec (omeprazole) for Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: I have a hiatal hernia which can cause bad reflux, etc. I've been taking Prilosec at least ten years (probably closer to fifteen) and I've never had ANY negative side effects. It has been invaluable for relieving the inflammation and irritation associated with reflux, gastritis, GERD, etc. Awesome medicine, never had any interaction issues, and I'm on a number of serious medicines (heart, blood pressure, anti- anxiolytics, and pain meds). I'm 58, and will probably be taking it as long as I'm around. Great medicine.

November 2, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by john r... (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: This medicine saved my life. I was in pain and miserable. Tried all the OTC stuff Zantac, Pepcid, Previced, and many others with no success. Then I tried omeprazole and within day's I was better. Great medicine. Would definitely recommend.

August 8, 2014 12:40 AM

Review by hannahleila:

Prilosec (omeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: I have taken Prilosec or omeprazole for years and in increasing doses over time it has given me perfect control over my reflux and heart burn problem. Nexium made me so sick after 5 days of use that I could not get out of bed. Nothing else has ever worked so extremely well than this medicine.

July 9, 2014 4:32 AM

Review by Blondie78 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prilosec OTC (omeprazole) for Indigestion: I love this medicine because after I take it my stomach feels a lot better.

January 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Review by boydgilbreath (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: Its the best PPI I've tried.

November 4, 2013 9:33 AM

Review by Kelly12121:

For GERD: I take this medicine every morning, if I miss one I suffer all day. I want to come off this medicine as I have been on it for over 4 years now. I am 21.

October 17, 2013 7:05 AM

Review by minter davidson:

For Indigestion: I believe this is the best medication that I take. Since starting, over 2 years ago, I have had no heartburn, become very regular also. I take a 20mg cap every morning, and I don't eat breakfast. Just have coffee. (I am 66).

September 1, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by janes7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: A great medicine. I'm on 40 mg daily due to the feeling of my food being stuck in my throat. It was so bad at one time that I purposely made myself vomit for relief. After having my esophagus looked at - and finding out I also have a small hiatal hernia, doctor said my "flapper" doesn't close, or stay closed. So here I am religiously taking this medicine and mostly loving life. If you miss a day you will again feel miserable. I will say that over the years I have experienced "breakthrough" reflux at one time or another but never for a second day. Very happy.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2013 11:39 AM

Review by VeronicaK (taken for less than 1 month):

For Indigestion: I had too much acid in my stomach. This was a life saver, couldn't eat or function. Ever since I started taking this, I have my life back.

July 30, 2013 9:38 AM

Review by Dan'l:

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: I have been taking Prilosec for several years and I take one with water every morning about 30 minutes before I get up and it has totally eliminated any burning in my chest/esophagus. Also, I learned not to eat any Mexican or spicy food within 3 -4 hours before going to bed.

July 27, 2013 7:58 AM

Review by Krish99:

For GERD: I was taking Omeprazole 20 mg/day continuously since 10/2012 for acid Reflux. There was no appreciable effect felt. 2 months back my doctor increased to 1 tablet of 40mg/day. I found good improvement in my appetite and acid reflux problem. But 1 week back onwards I have shortness of breadth even with light work and I could not lie flat. I saw the result of a survey on this website and I am 68. I want to ask doctor again immediately.

July 22, 2013 5:31 PM

Review by anomymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For GERD: I have been taking it for 4 days and on the 3rd day my nose started running all day. Also, I had sneezing and now a sore throat and cough that hurts. My GERD was so bad that I had a "cobblestone" throat and it was hard to swallow some foods. Supposed to be on it for 2 months. Hope it gets better. Dry mouth at night and rapid heart beat are no fun either.

June 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Review by Masterdiver50 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For GERD: After taking Omeprazole 2 mg every day for 4 years, my last throat scope showed no more GERD problems and my doctor took me off the medication. During the 4 years, I never suffered any ill side effects.

June 8, 2013 7:09 PM

Review by FER1:

For Stomach Ulcer: No problems and seems to help! Have been taking for a while for my Ulcer and GERD.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2013 8:18 AM

Review by doggiestyle:

For Indigestion: Tender breasts, stomach bloating, headaches, weight gain almost immediately and constipation.

March 6, 2013 11:03 PM

Review by Grandma S (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: Prilosec has worked for me 90 percent of the time for the past eight years. My one and only complaint is: Why does it have to be packaged like it is gold. First a large box with three smaller boxes in that and then the pills individually sealed in foil sheets. What a pain to get all this open and just think of the amount of waste to the landfills. I called the company and they said they do this packaging for safety reasons. Many, many more dangerous other meds are not packaged like this. Please get those pills into a bottle.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 8:45 PM

Review by whimpywall:

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: Prilosec has always worked for me since I went off Nexium but I recently tried the flavored one and I can no longer take just one pill a day to keep the burning away....so off to the store today to get my regular Prilosec since I have finally finished the flavored box. No more of the flavored one for me.

February 4, 2013 12:00 PM

Review by riverbrat:

For GERD: I was taking Pepcid before for GERD and indigestion twice a day for several years. The night episodes started becoming more frequent lately, so my doctor switched me to Prilosec. After a week, I was getting a sore throat constantly, constipation, and lots of stomach gas. This is day 11, and I stopped taking the Prilosec. I took a Pepcid AC last night to get some relief, and slept well.

October 31, 2012 11:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Prilosec OTC (omeprazole) for GERD: It worked well to eliminate reflux symptoms, but forced to discontinue use as made me too dizzy, lightheaded, and sometime naseaus. To the point of not feeling comfortable enough to drive.

October 3, 2012 9:28 AM