User Reviews for Fish Oil

Learn more about Fish Oil.

Dietary Supplementation 3 reviews 474 medications

3.5
Hypertriglyceridemia 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fish Oil reviews 3 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Fish Oil

For ADHD "Fish oil is such a wonderful alternative to medication! We were opposed to medication due to nasty side effects and other reasons, but with fish oil, there are none, and yet our son's focus has improved drastically. I would absolutely recommend both fish oil and Krill oil for focus, just make sure it's a high quality fish oil that is toxin tested."

Patty S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2014

For ADHD "Been taking Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for over 2 years and it has seriously had a positive effect. The only problem is, I started to try the Cod liver oil and it makes me feel really dizzy and strange."

John127128959 August 5, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation "It was suggested that I supplement my diet with fish oil, don't remember if it was for my high blood pressure or arthritis, but she was a nurse and I said yes. Three weeks later, my stomach will not settle, everything I eat makes me feel "too full", gassy, and nauseous, and there is nothing but (please pardon me) liquid for stools. As of today I am discontinuing use to see if that is my problem. I hope this helps someone suffering in the same manner I am."

KANG- Ra May 18, 2014

"3 months back doctor told me that my cholesterol levels are slightly on higher side and need to start medication if the levels are same after three months. InsteadI started taking EFA Icon Krill oil a couple months back. Today I got my lab reports and its normal: HDL - 51 LDL - 104 Total Cholesterol - 189"

DannyDT (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2012

For Dietary Supplementation "It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms."

GoAskP April 16, 2012

For Dietary Supplementation "Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia."

GoAskP April 16, 2012

"I took the enteric coated, triple strength, Fish Oil, 1400 mg, one a day for about one week and I develop stomach and abdominal pain, and itching. I stop taking it, and after a week the pain and itching is gone. It is now about a month since I stop taking Fish Oil and the pain and itching did not come back."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

For ADHD "Works great with stimulants, but increases heart rate."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

For ADHD "My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We did not start medication until 1st grade, but are glad we finally did. He is currently taking Vyvanse. I read some materials on Fish Oil and brain functioning and specifically ADHD. When my son comes home from school the medication effects are diminishing and he tends to get emotional and irritable. When that happens, we give him 2 fish oil capsules and within about 1/2 hour he usually calms down and returns to focus better. We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior with 135 mg EPA and 90 mg DHA. The capsules are lemon flavored, small and easy for a child to swallow."

Anonymous October 9, 2008

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "It helped with the ADHD and helped my son to focus better."

mitcore June 5, 2008