User Reviews for Fish Oil

Learn more about Fish Oil.

ADHD 5 reviews 62 medications

7.8
Dietary Supplementation 3 reviews 467 medications

3.5
Hypertriglyceridemia 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fish Oil reviews 8 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Fish Oil

Review by John127128959:

For ADHD: Been taking Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for over 2 years and it has seriously had a positive effect. The only problem is, I started to try the Cod liver oil and it makes me feel really dizzy and strange.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by KANG- Ra:

For Dietary Supplementation: It was suggested that I supplement my diet with fish oil, don't remember if it was for my high blood pressure or arthritis, but she was a nurse and I said yes. Three weeks later, my stomach will not settle, everything I eat makes me feel "too full", gassy, and nauseous, and there is nothing but (please pardon me) liquid for stools. As of today I am discontinuing use to see if that is my problem. I hope this helps someone suffering in the same manner I am.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 4:36 AM

Review by DannyDT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

3 months back doctor told me that my cholesterol levels are slightly on higher side and need to start medication if the levels are same after three months. InsteadI started taking EFA Icon Krill oil a couple months back. Today I got my lab reports and its normal: HDL - 51 LDL - 104 Total Cholesterol - 189

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2012 7:46 AM

Review by GoAskP:

For Dietary Supplementation: It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms.

April 16, 2012 12:12 AM

Review by GoAskP:

For Dietary Supplementation: Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2012 12:04 AM

I took the enteric coated, triple strength, Fish Oil, 1400 mg, one a day for about one week and I develop stomach and abdominal pain, and itching. I stop taking it, and after a week the pain and itching is gone. It is now about a month since I stop taking Fish Oil and the pain and itching did not come back.

December 7, 2011 5:49 PM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better.

August 4, 2011 3:29 PM

For ADHD: Works great with stimulants, but increases heart rate.

November 30, 2009 2:47 PM

For ADHD: My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We did not start medication until 1st grade, but are glad we finally did. He is currently taking Vyvanse. I read some materials on Fish Oil and brain functioning and specifically ADHD. When my son comes home from school the medication effects are diminishing and he tends to get emotional and irritable. When that happens, we give him 2 fish oil capsules and within about 1/2 hour he usually calms down and returns to focus better. We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior with 135 mg EPA and 90 mg DHA. The capsules are lemon flavored, small and easy for a child to swallow.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2008 11:04 PM

Review by mitcore:

For ADHD: It helped with the ADHD and helped my son to focus better.

June 5, 2008 4:07 AM