User Reviews for Patanol

Learn more about Patanol.

Patanol review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis.

Reviews for Patanol to treat Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis

Review by Anonymous55:

Even though Patanol is a bit pricy even with insurance (about $30), and without about $190, it's better than rubbing my eyes so hard every day and having my contacts come out from them itching so bad. It absolutely works. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is just because it's annoying to have to wait 10 minutes to put my contacts in when I'm getting ready in the mornings as it has to be absorbed before you do.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by fleming64:

It is the best. It is very expensive my allergy doctor helps me by giving me samples sometimes. There a program to help.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by Itchy Eyes Momma (taken for 10 years or more):

This has been the only eye drop ever to be calming/soothing and effective almost immediately. The only downside is that it has been expensive with insurance at $30 and then $40.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2013 3:59 PM

Review by Vic C (taken for 5 to 10 years):

My doctor prescribed this medicine for my itchy, watery and irritated eyes... indeed, it is very effective but it is also pricy.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2013 10:24 AM

Review by D517 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm using these eye drops, to get rid of redness, in my eyes, due to dry eye syndrome. While I do like how it works, it is way too expensive, at 45.00 a copay, and I have very good health insurance.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2013 5:41 PM

Review by User from New York City:

I started having red eyes. After the third day of not seeing any progress (I thought I had allergies). I went to the doctor for a diagnosis to find out I had "pink eye". He prescribed me Patanol to control the redness and told me to just wait as "pink eye" is a virus and will go away on its own. I decided to still buy the prescription to find out it cost $160 for 5ml tiny bottle! I used it twice a day (as prescribed) and my eyes were back to its normal white shade in couple of days. I never heard of this eye drop. It is really expensive but seems to be worthy.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2011 11:53 AM

I was prescribed this for my allergies and took it only a couple of times. I have an auto-immune disorder that causes dry eyes and this medicine made them drier. It also made them itch more and become redder.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2010 5:33 PM

Review by PSmith23:

This medication helped with my allergies greatly! The only problem is that it stung a little when first using it.

July 17, 2009 12:39 PM

Review by nzgirl:

Great medicine, I've been using it everyday for 5 years now, really helps to control and relieve my conjunctivitis, and it keeps the whites of my eyes clear (they used to be red/yellowish often). However, for serious cases of conjunctivitis (which hit me once a year at the beginning of summer), it doesn't really help, and you'll have to see your ophthalmologist for steroid drops. The major downside is the price. $35-40 for a 5ml bottle here in NZ.

March 21, 2009 5:07 AM

Review by ShadyEGY:

It's good and light on eyes. My doctor prescribed it as I'm having a lot of secretions from my eyes in the morning. Patanol helped me and the good thing is it's safe to use long term.

February 4, 2009 8:35 AM

Review by CaptainM:

I have allergic conjunctivitis and it made my eyes feel much better - not so itchy, red and swollen.

July 16, 2008 8:38 AM

Review by Little dee:

I am glad I finally found something to relieve my dry eye pain in the summer months.

June 27, 2008 6:54 PM