User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Zyprexa review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 77 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zyprexa to treat Insomnia

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I used Zyprexa (2.5mg) at night for insomnia caused by anxiety and obsessive thoughts. It is the only thing that helped me sleep that is not addictive and actually worked. It also helped my appetite because when I don't sleep well I don't feel like eating much either. This medication helped with that also. Unfortunately I cannot use it often because it causes my blood sugar to shoot up sky high and I don't like the risk of tardive dyskinesia. I only take a very small dose when I haven't slept in awhile.

September 17, 2013 5:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I tried this after Risperidone (which gave me dyskensia) and Seroquel. It works and makes me tired (when I was a teenager I used it as a sleeping pill). Lots of weight gain though.

December 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Review by mitelgoog (taken for less than 1 month):

I do have really bad insomnia (for the past 6 years) but this was prescribed to me for daytime use to help keep me calm. It in no way makes me sleepy but works great for my ADHD. I have also gained nearly 10 pounds in only 2 weeks. I'm not a normal eater, usually I only eat dinner, but on this medicine I seem to have doubled what I would normally eat. I'm addressing that issue now. Good calming down medicine I must say.

August 22, 2012 10:19 PM

I gained 10 pounds in 7 days on this.

September 24, 2009 2:09 PM

Review by TCC:

This medication was prescribed to help with my insomnia. It was in combination with my antidepressant medication. It did help me sleep, but it was difficult for me to wake up and function normally the next day.

February 25, 2009 12:20 AM