User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Zyprexa Review Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 77 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zyprexa to treat Insomnia

"This medicine is a God send. I've tried every sleeping pill in the book (Ambien, Trazodone, Seroquel, Elavil, ETC.) None of them would keep me asleep the whole night. 10mg of this and I sleep like a baby and don't have the racing thoughts. Only problem is it's real hard to get out of bed and get moving."

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

"I went to a psychiatrist for sleep meds and was prescribed 5 mg. Zyprexa. It helped me sleep but as soon as I stopped taking the medicine after two weeks, I experienced severe insomnia, sweating, palpitation, agitation depression and agitation. I had to be put back on it to to stabilize. I am now taking 7.5 mg. I don't like the effect on me and I will try to taper off of this medicine. I wish I had known about the side effects and widthrawal symptoms of this medicine. "

Sugaray0212 December 25, 2014

"This medicine is the best sleep aid I have found. I tried Ambien and it made me crazy. I can sleep with Zyprexa and wake up the next morning with no side effects. I just have to make sure I take it early in the evening. If I take it too late, it will make me groggy in the morning. Unlike some of the reports I have heard, it doesn't effect my weight at all."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2014

"I used Zyprexa (2.5mg) at night for insomnia caused by anxiety and obsessive thoughts. It is the only thing that helped me sleep that is not addictive and actually worked. It also helped my appetite because when I don't sleep well I don't feel like eating much either. This medication helped with that also. Unfortunately I cannot use it often because it causes my blood sugar to shoot up sky high and I don't like the risk of tardive dyskinesia. I only take a very small dose when I haven't slept in awhile. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2013

"I tried this after Risperidone (which gave me dyskensia) and Seroquel. It works and makes me tired (when I was a teenager I used it as a sleeping pill). Lots of weight gain though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

"I do have really bad insomnia (for the past 6 years) but this was prescribed to me for daytime use to help keep me calm. It in no way makes me sleepy but works great for my ADHD. I have also gained nearly 10 pounds in only 2 weeks. I'm not a normal eater, usually I only eat dinner, but on this medicine I seem to have doubled what I would normally eat. I'm addressing that issue now. Good calming down medicine I must say."

mitelgoog (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

"I gained 10 pounds in 7 days on this."

Anonymous September 24, 2009

"This medication was prescribed to help with my insomnia. It was in combination with my antidepressant medication. It did help me sleep, but it was difficult for me to wake up and function normally the next day."

TCC February 25, 2009