User Reviews for Sandostatin

Learn more about Sandostatin.

Carcinoid Tumor 2 reviews 2 medications

9.3
Acromegaly 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Tumor 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sandostatin reviews 2 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Sandostatin

For Small Bowel or Pancreatic Fistula "SMALL BOWEL FISTULA. Had a hysterectomy and my bowel was cut. Developed fistula. Had 2nd surgery by general surgeon and was developed a fistula of the small bowel after 4 resections of the small bowel. Has been a high output fistula through the incision site, at the belly button level. Octreotide did slow down the fistula output from 1350ml/24 hour period to now just a trickle (a ml or so per day). On some days the output is zero. SIDE EFFECTS have been many...burning of the throat, much hair loss, whole body rash including my face and in my hair, nausea and dry heaves. I was first on 50mcg 3 times per day and that was increased to 100mcg three times per day. That's when the hair loss and rash started."

SUNNY663 September 11, 2014

For Carcinoid Tumor "I agree with the other review. This product has been a life saver for me. It has completely taken away my other symptoms. The only drawback for me is fatigue, but honestly I can live with it considering everything else that I am dealing with prior to taking this medication."

brauny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Great medicine. No side effects."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

For Diarrhea "My mom is an OVCA patient undegoing chemotherapy with Docetaxes and Gemcitabine on a 3-week cycle and she had developed severe diarrhea accompanied by fever probably due to neutropenia and Loperamide/Imodium did not help her even after one week of taking it. The doctor suggested Sandostatin and after 2 doses of 100micrograms 8 hourly, the diarrhea stopped completely."

Aadil December 30, 2010

For Carcinoid Tumor "This medicine has been a life saver for me, nothing else worked. In a couple of days I felt improvement - no uncontrollable diarrhea. "

gthomp August 10, 2009

For Diarrhea "I have found sandostatin very helpfull in treating Diarrhea due to Crohn's Disease and short Bowel Syndrome"

Anonymous September 11, 2008