User Reviews for Octreotide

Also known as: Sandostatin, Sandostatin LAR Depot

Learn more about Octreotide.

Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Tumor 0 reviews 2 medications

Gastrinoma 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Glucagonoma 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Insulinoma 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pituitary Adenoma 1 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postural Orthostatic...ycardia Syndrome 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Octreotide reviews 8 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Octreotide

Review by akbraun (taken for 1 to 2 years):

octreotide for Pituitary Adenoma: I was on this once a month before surgery, I found that overall I felt better. Didn't have the withdrawal that you can get on some medicines when it's close to time for the next dosage, but felt better after. The needle is very scary, but you really don't notice it being different from other shots. Very expensive.

March 6, 2014 10:15 AM
Review by brauny (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: I agree with the other review. This product has been a life saver for me. It has completely taken away my other symptoms. The only drawback for me is fatigue, but honestly I can live with it considering everything else that I am dealing with prior to taking this medication.

January 4, 2013 1:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diabetes, Type 1: Great medicine. No side effects.

October 31, 2011 12:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide) for Diabetes, Type 1: Great medicine. NO side effects.

October 31, 2011 12:54 PM
Review by Aadil: User Rating:

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diarrhea: My mom is an OVCA patient undegoing chemotherapy with Docetaxes and Gemcitabine on a 3-week cycle and she had developed severe diarrhea accompanied by fever probably due to neutropenia and Loperamide/Imodium did not help her even after one week of taking it. The doctor suggested Sandostatin and after 2 doses of 100micrograms 8 hourly, the diarrhea stopped completely.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 30, 2010 4:33 PM
Review by lipsofscarlett:

octreotide for Carcinoid Tumor: I was started on Octreotide for 2 weeks, did not have carcinoid syndrome before taking the short acting octreotide but as I continued to give myself the injections the diarrhea began and got worse. No other complaints except of slight itching at injection site. The oncologist was having me take them to keep tumors from growing and metastasizing. She did, however, take me off of them because they were causing more problems than she thought it was worth for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2009 6:27 PM
Review by gthomp: User Rating:

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Carcinoid Tumor: This medicine has been a life saver for me, nothing else worked. In a couple of days I felt improvement - no uncontrollable diarrhea.

August 10, 2009 6:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sandostatin (octreotide) for Diarrhea: I have found sandostatin very helpfull in treating Diarrhea due to Crohn's Disease and short Bowel Syndrome

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 11, 2008 11:05 AM

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here