User Reviews for Nystatin

Also known as: Bio-Statin, Mycostatin, Mycostatin Pastilles, Nilstat, Nystat-Rx, Nystex

Learn more about Nystatin.

Reviews for Nystatin to treat Oral Thrush

Review by Team Skyla (taken for less than 1 month):

Nilstat (nystatin): My daughter has to use this for thrush that her other 50 medications cause. It helps a lot!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 6:21 PM

I had to take this medication for oral thrush after a couple of rounds of antibiotics. Unfortunately the oral nystatin suspension gave me a terrible allergic reaction. I developed a very itchy body rash (hives) so I never got to find out if the nystatin would have worked for the oral thrush.

December 23, 2011 6:55 PM

I've been using Nystatin suspension to cope with the oral thrush I get from all of the Prednisone I have to take. I've got systemic lupus and my kidneys went and started to fail. The prednisone is a life saver for me, but the thrush hurts. Thanks to the nystatin, the thrush is coming under control. My only gripe is that the nystatin is starting to make me nauseous, really nauseous. I don't need EXTRA nausea. Between the lupus and the prednisone, my stomach is already hooped. I DO love how fast the nystatin got started on giving me relief from the thrush, though. I can sing again!

April 28, 2011 5:18 AM

Review by brainhospice:

My father, a brain tumor patient, had oral thrush, which is very common for those taking long-term Dilantin. This swish-and-swallow medication worked wonders for him, within about 3 days. Be sure to take it for the full prescription period, usually 14 days. Also, the longer you can hold the gargle, the longer the contact between drug and organisms. Thrush can also move from the mouth into the throat, and it can recur quickly, so out of sight doesn't necessarily mean anything. Again, take it for the full period recommended by the doctor.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2009 10:49 PM