User Reviews for Nortriptyline

Also known as: Aventyl Hydrochloride, Pamelor

Learn more about Nortriptyline.

Reviews for Nortriptyline to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Seattle, WA:

Have had GAD (Anxiety, sometime severe) on and off for about 12 years. I'm a 58 year old Male in excellent health, otherwise. Nortriptyline was the 7th Med prescribed (after Lexapro, Beta Blockers, Zoloft, etc.) and for me it was radically better than all the other Meds. Tried to take at night but was too activating. Started taking 10 mg in the AM and another 10 mg in the afternoon (if needed). Completely controlled my Anxiety, gave me more energy, improved sex drive, and cleared-up both Acne & Rosacea. EXCELLENT Drug...worth a try. Due to the low dose, I had none of the typical side effects (dry mouth, etc.)

February 21, 2012 10:15 PM

Review by brndtrftn:

Pamelor (nortriptyline): Pamelor works great for anxiety panic attacks. It calms you down and helps you to be able to think clearly to calm yourself down. You need to make sure that your doctor is giving you the proper mg amount for your panic attack disorder. I will not stop taking this. I highly recommend this for people to try.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2011 11:03 AM