User Reviews for Nortriptyline

Also known as: Aventyl Hydrochloride, Pamelor

Learn more about Nortriptyline.

Nortriptyline Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Nortriptyline to treat Panic Disorder

"Had a few panic attacks, which later lead to constant panic attacks. This caused Agoraphobia. Suffered for 3 years and nortriptyline cured me from them 100%. Stopped the Doom and the attacks. I was on it 3 years and all was perfect. Later, I tired many SSRI's and all on them seemed to induce or create panic attacks. When I stopped the SSR's they went away. I have been free from Panic attacks since. It has now been 10 years clear. Thank you nortriptyline.."

Rob B Rob B August 13, 2015

"Have had GAD (Anxiety, sometime severe) on and off for about 12 years. I'm a 58 year old Male in excellent health, otherwise. Nortriptyline was the 7th Med prescribed (after Lexapro, Beta Blockers, Zoloft, etc.) and for me it was radically better than all the other Meds. Tried to take at night but was too activating. Started taking 10 mg in the AM and another 10 mg in the afternoon (if needed). Completely controlled my Anxiety, gave me more energy, improved sex drive, and cleared-up both Acne & Rosacea. EXCELLENT Drug...worth a try. Due to the low dose, I had none of the typical side effects (dry mouth, etc.)"

Seattle, WA February 21, 2012

Pamelor (nortriptyline): "Pamelor works great for anxiety panic attacks. It calms you down and helps you to be able to think clearly to calm yourself down. You need to make sure that your doctor is giving you the proper mg amount for your panic attack disorder. I will not stop taking this. I highly recommend this for people to try."

brndtrftn April 28, 2011

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Panic Disorder