User Reviews for Nortriptyline

Also known as: Aventyl Hydrochloride, Pamelor

Learn more about Nortriptyline.

Reviews for Nortriptyline to treat Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

Review by Bigkid51 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My personal experience was that this medicine, it worked very well for my nerve pain. I did not have full motion of my neck on my right side and had severe pain in my arm and shoulder area. Medicine took a few weeks to build up in my system but I no longer have any pain and now have full motion in my neck. Downside is that I am a little groggy when I wake up. This medicine has allowed me to return back to work without pain.

January 8, 2014 1:29 PM

Review by sas300zx (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Severe side effects - extreme dry mouth, extreme dizziness, extreme weakness. No real help for the neuropathy. Could not figure out why I was feeling so poorly, until I did some research online, and discovered nortriptyline has a negative interaction with FOUR of the other medications I take. Stopped taking nortriptyline, and felt so much better almost instantly.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 9:01 PM

Review by Rob C:

This medication has not helped with my Neuropathy. I'm using in conjuncture with Lortab and Gabapentin. It does help me sleep, but no real relief from the burning and pain.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate