User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Ortho Micronor.

Birth Control 28 reviews 255 medications

6.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 163 medications

6.5
Amenorrhea 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Micronor reviews 30 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ortho Micronor

For Birth Control "I've been on micronor for about 4 months, the first 3 months were perfect getting my period roughly a month apart at a time. This past month it seems I have gotten my period every other week! Which is annoying!! My MD said it may take around 3 months to regulate my cycle but it seems my body is doing the opposite. Frustrated because I smoke and this birth control was the safest option for me. Looks like things have to change. "

consistently inconsistent (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on a combo pill for years before Micronor and it was the worst. I had terrible mood swings, weight gain, increase in appetite and low sex-drive, and the headaches were TERRIBLE. Once I started getting aura-migraines, my doctor made me switch. I thought Micronor would be just as bad, or worse. Thankfully, however, everything has been good! I've only noticed around a 8lb weight gain and it pretty much all went to my chest, I went from barely a B to a full C. Can't complain about that, lol. My only real complaint is that my face, which has always been clear even throughout my teenage years, now breaks out every so often. No mood swings, decreased appetite, upped sex drive, bigger boobs, regular periods, and no babies. Go Micronor!"

amarie92 May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for approximately 7 months. I really like it ( for one reason, no period!) This concerned me at first because a period shows you that you aren't pregnant and also it is what our bodies naturally do. However, no cramps or anything like that is great! I changed to this pill because I was having some of the more severe side effects from ortho tri cyclyn lo. I do like micronor. However, since taking this pill I have back acne like crazy!!! I am 21 and am blessed to say have never had acne in the past. After 2 or 3 months of taking micronor, I broke out on my back and I'm talking 10 or more bumps at a time! It's awful. Lately though, it is less severe. Only complaint. Satisfied overall."

brid87 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "This drug did do its job of keeping us from pregnant again. However it had very bad side effects for me. It caused numbness in my feet and hands. And it caused severe mood swings, specifically deep depression, irrational thoughts, and anger. As my GP explained it, since Micronor is progesterone based, my body is as if PMSing all around the clock because it thinks Im menstruating around the clock from the pill."

SAEN4567 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I haven't been on this pill long, but so far I haven't gotten any migraines, which is the main reason I switched to micronor. I was on Gildess (hate that pill) and had HORRIBLE headaches. I haven't gained weight, and haven't bled at all either. The only problem is that I've broken out on my chest, but that's a lot easier to deal with than headaches. Like this pill so far."

deflprdrulz March 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome nearing two years ago. I am also one of those people that ends up having every side effect possible. I haven't had one single side effect which is glorious! I've tried Alesse/Alysena, Yaz, Tri-Cyclen, and some other kind. All with horrible side effects. It's been a week so far and this is beyond the point where I would be searching for another type. Highly recommend. "

APry (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. With all 4 of my children, I start taking this pill daily 6 weeks post partum. I've nursed all my children for over a year. With my first 3, I never had a period until my child weaned around 13 months old. My 4th is 10 month old and I just started a period. Not sure why but not worried about it. This time we also use condoms for extra protection but we didn't with the other 3 and we never had any surprise pregnancies. Effective and I've never had any noticeable side effects other than being less moody and more even keel. Normally no cramping, spotting, nothing. Great method for us. I'll probably continue using it after my dd weans and use condoms as well."

Taral18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Micronor for almost a month now. I used to take Yaz for 2 years but had to stop due to migraines. I've honestly had 0 problems with Micronor, much to my surprise after reading so many negative reviews. I do not have spotting, weight gain, etc. It doesn't help my acne, but I don't think it's making it worse. I think people may be having issues with spotting and heavy bleeding because they are not taking the pill at the exact same time every day. I take it at exactly 6 and have had no problems!"

Emmy3 December 5, 2014

For Birth Control "My only problem is that of I ever miss my pill just by 1 day I automatically get a normal 4 day period the next day even if I take a double dose, and once again get my period every 16th of the month. "

Jills June 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I like this birth control method because it's safe to use while breastfeeding (I am 5 months post-partum and have been on the pill since my period returned at 2 months post-partum). This is the only birth control I use. I have an alarm set on my phone to go off at 1pm everyday and I take the pill at that exact time (or within 2 minutes of the exact time everyday, literally). I don't mind that and don't find it a hassle. I like that it has been effective thus far (knock on wood). I do not like that I have my period every 2 weeks like clockwork. It's light and only lasts 4 days but THAT is the hassle I find with this pill."

ScarletHawk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I liked my Ortho Micronor. I first started it because I was afraid of the combination pill. I don't like the idea of taking estrogen. When I first started, I noticed my breast were slightly sore, but nothing too uncomfortable. It has a more strict timeline than the combination pill and you have to be sure to take it around the same time each day /- 3 hour window. The more inconsistent you are, the greater chance of breakthrough bleeding/pregnancy. I still got a period while taking Micronor, which I was happy about. That's my one true HEY-IM-NOT-PREGNANT flag. I stopped taking Ortho Micronor just because I wanted something more effective and hassle free. I recently choose an IUD. If I have any problems with this IUD, I would most likely return to using this."

AshleyEM March 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking this, because my doctor said that this pill uses a hormone similar to progesterone (what the human body produces). The other pills I've tried (Tri-Cyclen, Yasmin) use estrogen, which is more likely to cause blood clots, heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke. I had minor spotting, and then no period at all. I have had a few headaches, but I am not sure if they're related. I've also had WAY less of an appetite, which was usually the opposite when I took birth control in pill form. I'd love to have a more natural form of birth control, but at this point, I'm happy with Micronor as a solution."

CanadianS (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for 4 months. My period start every 5-6 weeks instead of monthly. This is very annoying. My breast are always tender. And my kood swings are very noticeable by everyone."

jpony321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on it about a year, and love it. It took a few months for my body to settle into it. The combined oral birth control pill gave me problems of high blood pressure, etc. No pregnancy, only one month where my period was about a week and a half late and after that I had two periods a month for two months. Now I've settled back into it. I have actually lost weight and before I started dieting my breast size had increased by about a cup size. It was great! I still like it and then I'm happy to continue it."

i love this pill so much! October 5, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for about 7 months now. Overall it is a very. It took me about a month to get used to it and I had 4 or 5 months after that, that were excellent. Some people would get spotting when they were even a half hour late taking this, I had no problem whatsoever when I'd take it late. In the last couple of months, however, I have been having a period every 2 weeks. Sometimes the second one would be more spotting than bleeding, but still very annoying. Also, I have gone up 2 cups sizes since taking this medication. No real noticeable weight gain otherwise, just much larger breasts! "

Ldeca July 9, 2013

For Birth Control "So far so good. I've been taking this pill for almost 2 months (I know it's kind of a short time to claim results) but it's been treating me well. I made sure I put an alarm on my phone to ensure that I take it on time everyday. So far I have experienced headaches from time to time. About two times, I took the pill about 2 hrs late and had light bleeding from then up until a week which is a pain. I know more time will tell for real results but just wanted to give a review of beginning side effects for me."

HolaGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Micronor for about three months now and I really have no complaints/haven't noticed any negative side effects. The only changes I've noticed, though I'm not sure if they have to do with this medication or are just from stress, but my breast size has decreased and I have almost no appetite. No complaints though! It has prevented pregnancy so far, which is why I'm taking it! Also, no periods or spotting to speak of."

amlux (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2013

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This medication was amazing at the beginning, but now it has caused severe moodiness and abnormal uterine bleeding. (I've had 2 full periods in 3 weeks) and somedays I start spotting and get cramps even though I take my pills on time."

EM09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2013

For Birth Control "This birth control did prevent me from getting pregnant which is the main concern. However, I have never bled so much in my life. I am someone that has always had perfect periods without birth control. I went from that to bleeding three weeks out of the month and it never would stop. It wasn't necessarily heavy bleeding, but it is very aggravating to bleed constantly. This medicine also made me have acne and I normally have very clear skin. It made me have mood swings that my husband noticed. He even asked me when his nice wife was coming back. I decided after giving this three months to go to a permanent birth control method. "

LoveUA January 31, 2013

For Birth Control "I've only ever taken Loestrin Fe. My doctor urged me to switch due to my risk of stroke on Loestrin because of my migraines. I NEVER had any side effects. With Ortho Micronor, I'm all over the place! The first two weeks of use my taste was off. Nothing tasted the way it was supposed to, and some things were a very muted version of their signature flavor. I have had mild abdominal cramps but none during menstruation. But prior I experience severe breast tenderness. Not enjoyable at all! My period lasts a straight seven days at the beginning of a new pill pack. The very worst side effect: at about the third week my head, face, and neck became extremely oily. If things don't even out I'll be looking for a new pill."

alexia_black (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2012

"I started this a month ago and have had very little side effects. If I take it an hour late there's some spotting and I've lost 10 pounds (not that I'm complaining)! Plus I've gone from a D to DD. It's a pretty effective pill! The only down side is the occasional headache."

Anonymous March 31, 2012

For Birth Control "I have gained about 5 lbs. I am breastfeeding and haven't had a period for 9 months. I also have experienced a heavier appetite and fast body hair growth."

hokutahitian February 24, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After multiple surgeries, office procedures and test done on me the results are low progesterone. My doctor put me on this pill. For the last two months and now into my third pack of pills I no longer have heavy long periods. I do recall missing a dose and/or taking my pill late caused me to have a period and/or spotting and/or long heavy periods. Now, I make sure I take them every day at the same time clockwise %u2026 so far it works and I have not had a period or spotting in about 35 days. I am not pregnant; occasionally, I get a light headache or feel a little dizzy and realize that I need to eat something; after I eat, the light headache and little dizziness goes away. I've lost weight vs. gain weight from the pill. "

Myra in Foothill Ranch, CA February 9, 2012

For Birth Control "Started taking this 10days ago, and feel terrible! Headaches, acne (and I have amazing skin normally), urine smells funny and emotionally very unsettled. Will be going back to see the doctor asap, and exploring other options! Do your research before taking this pill ."

Anonymous October 30, 2011

For Birth Control "I am a healthy, active, college student, and I have experienced no negative side effects from this pill. I was scared to start it because so many other users gave it bad reviews, but I've been on it for 3 months and I've had no bad side effects at all. I'm also not pregnant so the pill seems to be working correctly. Micronor hasn't changed my moods or made me gain weight. The only noticeable change has been my breast size. Within the first month of taking Micronor, my bra size increased from a C to a D. I use condoms with Micronor to be extra safe, since it is not quite as effective at preventing pregnancy as other birth control pills."

Anonymous October 23, 2011