Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Ortho Micronor.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 177 medications

Endometriosis 0 reviews 175 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Micronor reviews 22 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Review by Jills:

For Birth Control: My only problem is that of I ever miss my pill just by 1 day I automatically get a normal 4 day period the next day even if I take a double dose, and once again get my period every 16th of the month.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 2:54 PM

Review by ScarletHawk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I like this birth control method because it's safe to use while breastfeeding (I am 5 months post-partum and have been on the pill since my period returned at 2 months post-partum). This is the only birth control I use. I have an alarm set on my phone to go off at 1pm everyday and I take the pill at that exact time (or within 2 minutes of the exact time everyday, literally). I don't mind that and don't find it a hassle. I like that it has been effective thus far (knock on wood). I do not like that I have my period every 2 weeks like clockwork. It's light and only lasts 4 days but THAT is the hassle I find with this pill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by AshleyEM:

For Birth Control: I liked my Ortho Micronor. I first started it because I was afraid of the combination pill. I don't like the idea of taking estrogen. When I first started, I noticed my breast were slightly sore, but nothing too uncomfortable. It has a more strict timeline than the combination pill and you have to be sure to take it around the same time each day /- 3 hour window. The more inconsistent you are, the greater chance of breakthrough bleeding/pregnancy. I still got a period while taking Micronor, which I was happy about. That's my one true HEY-IM-NOT-PREGNANT flag. I stopped taking Ortho Micronor just because I wanted something more effective and hassle free. I recently choose an IUD. If I have any problems with this IUD, I would most likely return to using this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 7:56 PM

Review by CanadianS (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started taking this, because my doctor said that this pill uses a hormone similar to progesterone (what the human body produces). The other pills I've tried (Tri-Cyclen, Yasmin) use estrogen, which is more likely to cause blood clots, heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke. I had minor spotting, and then no period at all. I have had a few headaches, but I am not sure if they're related. I've also had WAY less of an appetite, which was usually the opposite when I took birth control in pill form. I'd love to have a more natural form of birth control, but at this point, I'm happy with Micronor as a solution.

March 20, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by jpony321 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for 4 months. My period start every 5-6 weeks instead of monthly. This is very annoying. My breast are always tender. And my kood swings are very noticeable by everyone.

October 25, 2013 8:30 AM

Review by i love this pill so much!:

For Birth Control: I've been on it about a year, and love it. It took a few months for my body to settle into it. The combined oral birth control pill gave me problems of high blood pressure, etc. No pregnancy, only one month where my period was about a week and a half late and after that I had two periods a month for two months. Now I've settled back into it. I have actually lost weight and before I started dieting my breast size had increased by about a cup size. It was great! I still like it and then I'm happy to continue it.

October 5, 2013 9:53 PM

Review by Ldeca:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this birth control for about 7 months now. Overall it is a very. It took me about a month to get used to it and I had 4 or 5 months after that, that were excellent. Some people would get spotting when they were even a half hour late taking this, I had no problem whatsoever when I'd take it late. In the last couple of months, however, I have been having a period every 2 weeks. Sometimes the second one would be more spotting than bleeding, but still very annoying. Also, I have gone up 2 cups sizes since taking this medication. No real noticeable weight gain otherwise, just much larger breasts!

July 9, 2013 5:28 PM

Review by HolaGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: So far so good. I've been taking this pill for almost 2 months (I know it's kind of a short time to claim results) but it's been treating me well. I made sure I put an alarm on my phone to ensure that I take it on time everyday. So far I have experienced headaches from time to time. About two times, I took the pill about 2 hrs late and had light bleeding from then up until a week which is a pain. I know more time will tell for real results but just wanted to give a review of beginning side effects for me.

July 3, 2013 2:10 PM

Review by amlux (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Micronor for about three months now and I really have no complaints/haven't noticed any negative side effects. The only changes I've noticed, though I'm not sure if they have to do with this medication or are just from stress, but my breast size has decreased and I have almost no appetite. No complaints though! It has prevented pregnancy so far, which is why I'm taking it! Also, no periods or spotting to speak of.

May 15, 2013 7:54 PM

Review by EM09 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: This medication was amazing at the beginning, but now it has caused severe moodiness and abnormal uterine bleeding. (I've had 2 full periods in 3 weeks) and somedays I start spotting and get cramps even though I take my pills on time.

March 6, 2013 11:41 AM

Review by LoveUA:

For Birth Control: This birth control did prevent me from getting pregnant which is the main concern. However, I have never bled so much in my life. I am someone that has always had perfect periods without birth control. I went from that to bleeding three weeks out of the month and it never would stop. It wasn't necessarily heavy bleeding, but it is very aggravating to bleed constantly. This medicine also made me have acne and I normally have very clear skin. It made me have mood swings that my husband noticed. He even asked me when his nice wife was coming back. I decided after giving this three months to go to a permanent birth control method.

January 31, 2013 2:18 PM

Review by alexia_black (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've only ever taken Loestrin Fe. My doctor urged me to switch due to my risk of stroke on Loestrin because of my migraines. I NEVER had any side effects. With Ortho Micronor, I'm all over the place! The first two weeks of use my taste was off. Nothing tasted the way it was supposed to, and some things were a very muted version of their signature flavor. I have had mild abdominal cramps but none during menstruation. But prior I experience severe breast tenderness. Not enjoyable at all! My period lasts a straight seven days at the beginning of a new pill pack. The very worst side effect: at about the third week my head, face, and neck became extremely oily. If things don't even out I'll be looking for a new pill.

June 26, 2012 10:32 PM

I started this a month ago and have had very little side effects. If I take it an hour late there's some spotting and I've lost 10 pounds (not that I'm complaining)! Plus I've gone from a D to DD. It's a pretty effective pill! The only down side is the occasional headache.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2012 11:13 PM

Review by hokutahitian:

For Birth Control: I have gained about 5 lbs. I am breastfeeding and haven't had a period for 9 months. I also have experienced a heavier appetite and fast body hair growth.

February 24, 2012 12:00 AM

Review by Myra in Foothill Ranch, CA:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: After multiple surgeries, office procedures and test done on me the results are low progesterone. My doctor put me on this pill. For the last two months and now into my third pack of pills I no longer have heavy long periods. I do recall missing a dose and/or taking my pill late caused me to have a period and/or spotting and/or long heavy periods. Now, I make sure I take them every day at the same time clockwise %u2026 so far it works and I have not had a period or spotting in about 35 days. I am not pregnant; occasionally, I get a light headache or feel a little dizzy and realize that I need to eat something; after I eat, the light headache and little dizziness goes away. I've lost weight vs. gain weight from the pill.

February 9, 2012 2:57 AM

For Birth Control: Started taking this 10days ago, and feel terrible! Headaches, acne (and I have amazing skin normally), urine smells funny and emotionally very unsettled. Will be going back to see the doctor asap, and exploring other options! Do your research before taking this pill .

October 30, 2011 10:41 PM

For Birth Control: I am a healthy, active, college student, and I have experienced no negative side effects from this pill. I was scared to start it because so many other users gave it bad reviews, but I've been on it for 3 months and I've had no bad side effects at all. I'm also not pregnant so the pill seems to be working correctly. Micronor hasn't changed my moods or made me gain weight. The only noticeable change has been my breast size. Within the first month of taking Micronor, my bra size increased from a C to a D. I use condoms with Micronor to be extra safe, since it is not quite as effective at preventing pregnancy as other birth control pills.

October 23, 2011 5:05 PM

Review by Lynn:):

For Birth Control: I was switched to this from Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and it was a horrible experience. My skin is so oily now and I have breakouts constantly. I have gained about 10 pounds on this pill and I had bad abdominal pain. The timing was an issue also, with other pills it's not that big a deal if you are half hour late but with this pill even as little as 30 minutes caused heavy spotting. I am switching back to Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo this week.

May 9, 2011 8:55 PM

Review by zuzka:

For Birth Control: After I started taking it, my boobs got so tender, I couldn't even walk fast. Instead of not having period I had mine more than usual. After very bad 3 months, everything good. But they are VERY SENSITIVE in timing. If I'm half an hour late taking them, I get period! But not just time but also STRESS whenever I'm stressed or get very upset, I also get my period.

December 13, 2009 2:52 PM

For Birth Control: I've been using Micronor for about four months. At first I had mild cramping, but now everything is good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2009 5:15 PM

Review by Princetongirl995:

For Birth Control: I thought that this medicine was doing good for the first week, till I got really sick. I had horrible headaches and abdominal pain, I looked up the side effects one day on a hunch and all my symptoms were serious side effects. I immediately stopped taking the medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2009 11:40 PM

Review by Raine823:

For Birth Control: I've been on this for 2 months and I have experienced cramping, acne breakout, low sex drive and breast tenderness. Been switch to Alesse. We'll see what happens.

October 14, 2009 11:03 AM

Review by Iluvpink:

For Birth Control: I experienced a heavy period and breast tenderness at first after I switched from Ortho Novum 7/7/7. After the first pack, the tenderness was gone, my period went back to normal, and my sex drive increased. I like it alot.

September 19, 2009 1:05 AM