User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Ortho Micronor.

Birth Control 43 reviews 271 medications

6.2
Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 162 medications

5.3
Summary of Ortho Micronor reviews 51 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ortho Micronor

For Birth Control "I am not allowed to take a combo pill because I have migraines. I started micronor and it has been terrible. I get my period every two weeks, my breasts are extremely sore all of the time and I'm constantly spotting. I am also irritable, moody and have cramps all of the time. Before I started it my period was always on time...predictable to the hour it started. I don't think it's worth bleeding constantly and being irritable and depressed...so I have stopped. Back to condoms it is."

Jabba Puff Puff February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Second time trying this pill first time was awesome no periods at all but this time around (2 years later) I'm having breakthrough bleeding and I'm noticing I'm more moody than usual. I'm going to finish my pack off, I don't like it so then I'm going to try something different"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "The very next morning after I started taking this birth control I started very heavy bleeding which was accompanied by big thick clots. I started it at my 6 week post partum appaointment after seeing Dr and every thing was clear and looked good. I had not been bleeding at all. I am exclusively breastfeeding so only reason I decided to take this one. I have no doubts of its effectiveness of preventing pregnancy, but I have only ever had a baby when trying. I think personally for me the side effects were too much. I was effected by so many of them in such a short time. Increased hunger, non stop bleeding, sore breasts, breaking out on face, and I'm 30yo, don't need that. Seen dr again and no problems still, just pill. I stopped and very next day bleeding stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 2 and a half weeks and so far the only thing that I have experienced is breast tenderness and more tired than usual. I'll give another update after a month. I take it the same time every night around 12 midnight."

Anonymous January 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for the past 3 years. I had been on a different pill before that uses a different combo of hormones. I started Micronor because the other birth control made me have high levels of anxiety. Ever since I switched it has been great! No pregnancies and I honestly do not take it at the same time every night. Anywhere between 9pm and 1am. It has in fact stopped my period which is worrisome sometimes because it tells you you're not pregnant; however, I was very irregular even before birth control. To everyone there I love this product!"

Em34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

For Endometriosis "First 4 months I had a period every 2 weeks, extreme bloating (15lbs), very tender breasts but those all went away. After this my periods evened out to every 28 days. I had some mild acne and my PMS and cramps were very, very mild. About a year in I went off these pills because I was very depressed and suicidal. I had also developed severe insomnia, social anxiety and was constantly freezing. Within days of being off these pills my depression disappeared (I have never been depressed before), I'm warm at a temperature below 78degrees and I can sleep. I can't have estrogen so these pills were a god send for my severe PMS and cramps, but the mental side effects were horrible and developed slowly. Be careful."

Ablossom (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using this for a little under 2 months, I switched from the combo pill because I was getting migraines and can no longer have that type of birth control. I've been liking this so far, I haven't had a period since October, not sure if this has happened to anyone else, I have taken the pill everyday at the exact same time and I haven't had any bleeding what so ever, not sure about the effectiveness. We've been using condoms and ECP because I'm not sure it's as effective yet, but no pregnancy so far from use. I find I get a little acne on my face but not much, breasts are the same as before"

fhwloc (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started birth control again and after a bad experience with the combo pill, my doctor recommend the mini or micronor. While I have noticed a slight weight gain (5 lbs) my biggest concern is how tender my breasts are! Constantly tender to the touch, not just around the time I am going to start. I have no problem remembering to take the pill, my sex drive hasn't changed and my periods are only two days long. I have experienced some acne but besides the tender breasts and acne I'm a happy camper. I'll most likely stay on this for a while!"

College student (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 2 weeks now. My doctor put me on this bc of the no estrogen and I was suffering from postpartum anxiety. It makes me extremely bloated and I have gained 9lbs. I have no sex drive and still am moody. I am planning on stopping this week. Not worth the additional weight gain after birth and the excess bloat is crazy!!! My mood swings are weird as well."

Gigismom0920 December 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Worked for 6 years no problem.....then got pregnant."

M1ssm4x December 1, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control was alright for the first few months and then I started getting my period every two weeks, which wasn't a huge problem because I had zero interest in having sex anyway! I was so frustrated I finally stopped using it , switched to FAM got my sex drive back , and have regular periods."

acester November 12, 2015

For Birth Control "This was not a bad birth control, I've missed it a couple times within 24hours and no pregnancy. Didn't have much weight gain at all. Only thing is lower than normal sex drive. I would recommend this for people (me included) that cannot take combo pills.. Higher risk of stroke due to excess estrogen. I will be back on it if I get my period this next month :)"

Brii Roma October 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Micronor for 4 months now - switched from Tricylin Lo because I had high BP and apparently Micronor isn't as bad as combo pills. I was told to take it at the time I was least likely to have sex - so I picked noon, that was stupid. Of the 4 months I've spotted/bled significantly 90% of the time. I've noticed if you don't take it EXACTLY at the same time you will spot - its always 1 or 2 hours after taking the pill. My doctor told me its only a 21 hour pill and then it wears off - so I think every freaking day I get the reboot period button pushed. Its hell. Period sex sucks - this pill might as well be called the Abstenance pill - I miss my combo pill. I think it raises my BP to have to buy 4x lady products."

Swa October 27, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this pill about six weeks ago. The first couple of weeks I had abit of bleeding but I think that was partly my fault, not taking it at exactly the same time each day but since I have and all as been well. My boobs seem quite sensitive but larger, so cannot complain. All in all I cannot fault it, no spots, headaches or noticeable weight gain as yet."

Chegmaxruby October 26, 2015

For Birth Control "If you don't want kids its great. Please do you research before you touch it. I know it may work well for some people, but all I will say is you were warned fair and square..!!!!!"

PLEASE READ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this for about 6 months now after being on desagestoral and constant bleeding. Seem to be on 26-28 day cycle and bleeding lasts between 4 and 6 days but 2 weeks after I get another period. My mood is often low on this pill and I often feel weepy. The cycle is doing my head in now and I'm terrified there's something wrong with me. Want to just stop but scared I'll always be this messed up. Anyone else experienced this? I'm 38."

mellys September 23, 2015

For Birth Control "After an episode of erythema nodesum from my last birth control pills, my doctor suggested I try a 3 month course of Micronor to see how my body would react to the progesterone. Well, I've gained 5lbs and had my period or spotting 27 out of the 42 days I've been taking it. My doctor wants me to continue on it to prepare for an IUD, but honestly I don't want it if the breakthrough is going to be this problematic."

AnonCan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2015

For Birth Control "So I have been taking this for about 5 days now and I felt compelled to write a review. I have taken tons of different birth control methods consisting of both hormones of estrogen and progestin. I am pleased to say that so far this has been working well for me. I think it is worth a shot to try but as you know every woman is different. I am still thinking this is too good to be true, but it has been a blessing so far to not wake up dizzy, fatigued, headaches, or nausea. The only things I have noticed so far are some bloating, light spotting, very little fatigue (nothing compared to other birth controls), and a slight stomach cramp before my alarm goes off to take the pill (perhaps when its almost run out?). Worth a try."

Alexi Marie August 11, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Hi. I have taken the pill for 26 days. The 27th, I have decided to stop! I have been bleeding heavily for 26 continuous days, plus cramping, headaches, absolute lack of libido, bigger sore breasts, need to sleep 5 extra hours per day (naps all the time), extreme sadness, vaginal dryness despite the bleeding, heavy legs, general growing fatigue and incapacity to function normally! I switched to another pill (Lolo from Actavis), and so far so good. I am thankful for the reviews here because I did not feel alone or getting crazy with such painful side effects. The extreme sadness was really odd. Lolo is not a mini-pill, but it has a low amount of oestrogen. I am hopeful. I could not move with Micronor despite being very active normally."

Nicole900 August 9, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I have never reacted well to hormonal medication. Even on Mirena, I had serious reactions. I expected horrible things from Micronor. I was wrong. After 3 weeks of headaches and sore breasts, I felt better than normal. My skin has cleared up, I've lost 10lbs, gained a cup size, and my libido has increased. Most importantly, my periods have become regular, lowering my cancer risks. While I wish it didn't function as birth control, it's an acceptable side effect for me right now, as there are no medications for this that aren't birth control!"

Kate Manson July 16, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The first year was fine but now I'm constantly bleeding have constant spots on my face which I've never had. I have also gained a lot of weight inexplicably which just makes me constantly think it's baby weight which is not good at all! Better than the IUD by a long shot though"

Anonymous July 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on micronor for about 4 months, the first 3 months were perfect getting my period roughly a month apart at a time. This past month it seems I have gotten my period every other week! Which is annoying!! My MD said it may take around 3 months to regulate my cycle but it seems my body is doing the opposite. Frustrated because I smoke and this birth control was the safest option for me. Looks like things have to change. "

consistently inconsistent (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on a combo pill for years before Micronor and it was the worst. I had terrible mood swings, weight gain, increase in appetite and low sex-drive, and the headaches were TERRIBLE. Once I started getting aura-migraines, my doctor made me switch. I thought Micronor would be just as bad, or worse. Thankfully, however, everything has been good! I've only noticed around a 8lb weight gain and it pretty much all went to my chest, I went from barely a B to a full C. Can't complain about that, lol. My only real complaint is that my face, which has always been clear even throughout my teenage years, now breaks out every so often. No mood swings, decreased appetite, upped sex drive, bigger boobs, regular periods, and no babies. Go Micronor!"

amarie92 May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for approximately 7 months. I really like it ( for one reason, no period!) This concerned me at first because a period shows you that you aren't pregnant and also it is what our bodies naturally do. However, no cramps or anything like that is great! I changed to this pill because I was having some of the more severe side effects from ortho tri cyclyn lo. I do like micronor. However, since taking this pill I have back acne like crazy!!! I am 21 and am blessed to say have never had acne in the past. After 2 or 3 months of taking micronor, I broke out on my back and I'm talking 10 or more bumps at a time! It's awful. Lately though, it is less severe. Only complaint. Satisfied overall."

brid87 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "This drug did do its job of keeping us from pregnant again. However it had very bad side effects for me. It caused numbness in my feet and hands. And it caused severe mood swings, specifically deep depression, irrational thoughts, and anger. As my GP explained it, since Micronor is progesterone based, my body is as if PMSing all around the clock because it thinks Im menstruating around the clock from the pill."

SAEN4567 May 1, 2015