User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Birth Control 31 reviews 271 medications

5.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 162 medications

4.8
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 36 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "Awful. Horrendous mood swings. Depression. Anxiety. Night sweats."

AlleyCat1114 February 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful!!! Worst acne of my life, heavy periods, weight gain, and discharge. Been taking for 3 months and stopped now for a week face is finally clearing up. Won't take it again."

Jenrose91 January 19, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've only been on this medication 1 wk and I've gained 10lb..I haven't gained weight in over 5yrs. I'm extremely bloated, water retention, headaches and severe cramping..I want to give it a chance but I'm 42 and these symptoms aren't tolerable. I feel bipolar and on edge..I'm scatter brained and very emotional....no bueno!!!"

Anonymous January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. I have only been taking it for one week and already I'm experiencing bleeding. I have taken the pill at the same time every day (I have my alarm set) so I'm not sure of why I'm already bleeding. I'm not cramping so I suspect that this is what is referrred to as breakthrough bleeding. I don't know for how long I will bleed as I've already had my monthly cycle for this month prior to starting the pill. I have yet to experience any other symptoms related to the pill that I know of but I will definitely switch to another pill as soon as possible. Some may be totally unphased with irregular bleeding but I'm not."

Crysta0326 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 40 with no children and started Nora-Be after 6+ years of no BC. I'm not allowed estrogen BC due to previous blood clots. Started this pill a week ago and am a little surprised by what I believe are side effects. Appetite loss and my mood is VERY elevated...I feel borderline hyper at times. I notice that things which used to upset me or get on my nerves don't nearly as much now. Overall a good thing but sometimes you need that balance to be able to understand and calibrate your overall well being. But my main concern is I've noticed I'm mentally scattered. It's like herding cats in my brain sometimes. I am hoping this subsides. No physical side effects yet- spotting or bloating-which I was expecting. We'll see."

Michelle0607 October 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the pills three months and I am not pregnant but I have decided to go off the pill because I bleed too much but other than that everything else was great."

beanabead (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Was put on Nora be because for some reason my doc suggested it even though I preferred the implanon. First I hate having to take a pill everyday so I probably am a little biased. Although I can say I saw a significant change in my mood. Usually Im a happy go lucky kind of gal, but since taking the pill for 2months my irritability level went from a 2 maybe to a 10. I knew something was wrong when I started having evil thoughts on hurting someone over something that could of easily resolved, to ketchup! I usually brush things off, but being on this pill, I swear i wanted to kill someone. I was literally in a rage over ketchup! That was when I knew I wasn't myself. I completely stopped. Not a fan of this."

Weezl September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Nora-be because I was having ocular migraines and have symptoms of raynauds phenom, apparently these are contraindications for the combo bc pill. Unfortunately, I have had quite a few issues on the Nora be. First, mood lability, and as another writer posted, my fianc"

Lar G September 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched from a combined pill to Nora-Be about four months ago because the doctor said I couldn't take estrogen because of chest pain and migraines. The pill is 100% very effective and no mood swings, no migraines. However, the bad side effects were excessive hair shedding I mean more than the normal, excessive bloating even without carb intake. I also had cramping, hardly bleeding just spotting. My period was never on time but can feel the symptoms of PMS. Overall, pill is very effective but excessive hair loss!"

unanimous August 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on the third month of this pill. No pregnancy, which is the point and no mood swings or weight gain. BUT ... I am having my period for the third time this month. First month went well, period came on time, lasted a week, second month same thing but this month has been just more than obnoxious. I had my period, then nothing for two days, then slight cramps and another light period for another 4 days, then nothing for about 5 days and yet again cramps today and next thing I know, I'm bleeding again. Hopefully this resolves itself soon. Outside of that, it is as if I'm not taking anything."

ADGJ July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've tried many, many forms of BCPs. Having given up hope that I could find a decent pill that didn't cause weight gain and depression, I made an appointment to get a Mirena IUD or the implanon. I asked my doctor one more time if she thought there were any low-dose options I should try and she put me on this. So far so good. I can normally tell what the side effects are very quickly upon trying a new pill. This one seems fine so far and it's only been a few weeks. With all pills containing estrogen I feel very foggy, a bit depressed, my athleticism suffers, I don't sleep as well, and I gain weight. I already lost 3 pounds when switching to this pill without any dietary changes. I feel great when climbing/hiking/running."

Rachel99508 July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "25 yo married with no kids. I took Nora-Be for almost a year. Spotting and irregularity for the first 3 months, as expected. Periods became more consistent after that (and lighter), but I still had them every month (not a big deal to me). The thing I did have a problem with was the extreme mood swings and increased yeast infections. My doctor and my husband didn't believe me about the mood swings, but I knew I wasnt *really* that emotionally unstable! I kept going with it because I didn't stand up for myself, until I went and spoke to two different pharmacists. They were the first ones to believe me about the mood swings, so I finally got the courage to stop Nora-Be. I am on a different POP (for almost a year now) and no more mood swings!"

JD. July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 38 years old and have been taking Nora-BE for 10 months. I have never been pregnant, and do not plan to have children. I chose this pill because I was looking for a progestin only option with low hormones. My Dr also suggested it as a safer option because I am a smoker. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive on this pill. Way less mood swings than other pills I have been on. I get a period about every 28 days for about 5-6 days that is heavy for about 3 days and lighter the last 3 days. No spotting between periods. My sex drive increased after the first month and has remained strong. Some breast tenderness and back pain about a week before my period. Worst part: weight gain of 15 lbs and some facial hair and acne."

Coloradolady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm taking Nora-B for almost 2 years. First year was great 8 months no period and than suddenly the period start to show up every 6 months, than 3 months. So I'm asking if I'm taking this pill everyday at the same time and period is coming. Some headaches with it. So 'Im not happy at all. Thinking to change for another pill. Maybe the body got tired of taking the same one."

Jade67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birth control is great if enjoy bleeding 26 of 28 days. I was put on this to control my bleeding. Now I just bleed every day."

Mollz June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience with this pill has been okay but my periods do last longer now for about 8 days and I also spot in between which is very annoying. I also take the pill at the same time everyday. I don't think I'll be staying on this pill for to much longer."

Jaylove23 June 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 25 years old, female, no kids. Tried combination pill for 2 months about 5 years ago, absolutely hated it so no BC other than condoms since then. I started Nora-Be a month ago about a week after end of period. Waited 3 days before having unprotected sex, no problem. Just had my period as scheduled this past week, was slightly lighter but still lasted 6 days total as usual. Some cramps the first couple of days. The only obvious side effects the first 2 weeks was dryness/itchiness down there and slight increase in moodiness but all is good now."

Kay-bay June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Nora-Be for 4 months now. For the first 3 months, the spotting seemed never-ending. It would stop for a few days and then start again. It was so annoying feeling like I should always keep a tampon in, just in case. I've gotten increased acne, but not too bad. I've also had an increased appetite and gained about 15lbs! Major bummer! I wasn't eating well either, but I've NEVER gained weight this fast! This past month, no spotting. My period actually came a couple weeks later than expected. I almost thought I was pregnant. This pill was useful as birth control- 2 stars for that. But now I've been experiencing mood swings and depression in overdrive. I cry so easily and so often now. I'm planning on trying the full pill."

CherryOnTop82295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this medication for about a month and I have terrible night sweats where I wake up in the middle of the night dripping in sweat and my sheets are soaked. Ive had moodiness and increased anxiety."

plantowl1234 April 12, 2015

For Birth Control "So my periods have been really irregular the last couple of years. My dr prescribed Nora-BE. I started my period two weeks after starting the pill and am still experiencing heavy bleeding after 9 days. I guess this is one of the possible side effects but I'm going to follow up with my gyno. Anyone else experience this?"

kitkat17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control! I have struggled since I was 16 with finding a birth control that was right for me. I have had so many issues with abnormal bleeding, mood swings, weight gain etc, and have not liked the fact that the long term effects of birth control can lead to heart disease, blood clots and more. This birth control has changed my life. I have lost all of my mood swings, I feel so much better in general, I have lost weight and most of all ladies my sex drive is THROUGH THE ROOF. Not that me or my husband are complaining. It's been a very nice thing. All you have to do is take it every day at the same time. And no matter how busy your schedule you can set a simple alarm on your phone. Try this pill! You won't regret it!"

Amanda M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm a 16 year old girl who uses birth control for maintaining clear skin due to acne, nausea in the morning, and a heavy flow. I've tried many different kinds of pills and this one was by far the worst. I typically don't have too much acne (about 3 pimples per month, if that). However, when I started this pill I broke out all over my face. I have NEVER had this much acne before. I just picked up a new birth control today so hopefully when I start using this one the remaining acne on my face will go away. It's ridiculous."

TheGem July 29, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Nora-BE for 2 full yrs now, prescribed post D&C for heavy bleeding and birth control. I have bad fibroids. It didn't really help with the bleeding at all. Fibroids won that battle, so I recently had UAE procedure. Night and day! Dr said normal periods would resume 2-4 months after UAE, and to keep taking Nora-BE. Now, 6 mos post UAE, not sure when/if period is coming. Didn't last month at all. Lots of spotting though..maybe this is my period?? But spotting lasts longer than my 5 day period, more like 8-12, kind of annoying. Thought the itchiness was just me, but now that I read other users experience as well... I'm connecting the dots. Definitely weight gain, approx 8-10 lbs. Breast tenderness, acne, questioning whether to continue."

K GIRL July 16, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 1 month and its been treating me good so far, only side effects experienced was breast tenderness, increased appetite, itchy scalp. "

Dove Light (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been in this 3 months now. Have gained 11 lbs!!! I excersise, eat right and I look swollen. Have had 3 different spotting occasions that haven't lasted more than 3 days at a time. No cramps to really reports, occasional night sweats, no headaches. Just really hating the weight gain!"

JroseB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2014