User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Birth Control 19 reviews 255 medications

6.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 163 medications

5.5
Amenorrhea 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 23 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "I'm taking Nora-B for almost 2 years. First year was great 8 months no period and than suddenly the period start to show up every 6 months, than 3 months. So I'm asking if I'm taking this pill everyday at the same time and period is coming. Some headaches with it. So 'Im not happy at all. Thinking to change for another pill. Maybe the body got tired of taking the same one."

Jade67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birth control is great if enjoy bleeding 26 of 28 days. I was put on this to control my bleeding. Now I just bleed every day."

Mollz June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience with this pill has been okay but my periods do last longer now for about 8 days and I also spot in between which is very annoying. I also take the pill at the same time everyday. I don't think I'll be staying on this pill for to much longer."

Jaylove23 June 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 25 years old, female, no kids. Tried combination pill for 2 months about 5 years ago, absolutely hated it so no BC other than condoms since then. I started Nora-Be a month ago about a week after end of period. Waited 3 days before having unprotected sex, no problem. Just had my period as scheduled this past week, was slightly lighter but still lasted 6 days total as usual. Some cramps the first couple of days. The only obvious side effects the first 2 weeks was dryness/itchiness down there and slight increase in moodiness but all is good now."

Kay-bay June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Nora-Be for 4 months now. For the first 3 months, the spotting seemed never-ending. It would stop for a few days and then start again. It was so annoying feeling like I should always keep a tampon in, just in case. I've gotten increased acne, but not too bad. I've also had an increased appetite and gained about 15lbs! Major bummer! I wasn't eating well either, but I've NEVER gained weight this fast! This past month, no spotting. My period actually came a couple weeks later than expected. I almost thought I was pregnant. This pill was useful as birth control- 2 stars for that. But now I've been experiencing mood swings and depression in overdrive. I cry so easily and so often now. I'm planning on trying the full pill."

CherryOnTop82295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this medication for about a month and I have terrible night sweats where I wake up in the middle of the night dripping in sweat and my sheets are soaked. Ive had moodiness and increased anxiety."

plantowl1234 April 12, 2015

For Birth Control "So my periods have been really irregular the last couple of years. My dr prescribed Nora-BE. I started my period two weeks after starting the pill and am still experiencing heavy bleeding after 9 days. I guess this is one of the possible side effects but I'm going to follow up with my gyno. Anyone else experience this?"

kitkat17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control! I have struggled since I was 16 with finding a birth control that was right for me. I have had so many issues with abnormal bleeding, mood swings, weight gain etc, and have not liked the fact that the long term effects of birth control can lead to heart disease, blood clots and more. This birth control has changed my life. I have lost all of my mood swings, I feel so much better in general, I have lost weight and most of all ladies my sex drive is THROUGH THE ROOF. Not that me or my husband are complaining. It's been a very nice thing. All you have to do is take it every day at the same time. And no matter how busy your schedule you can set a simple alarm on your phone. Try this pill! You won't regret it!"

Amanda M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm a 16 year old girl who uses birth control for maintaining clear skin due to acne, nausea in the morning, and a heavy flow. I've tried many different kinds of pills and this one was by far the worst. I typically don't have too much acne (about 3 pimples per month, if that). However, when I started this pill I broke out all over my face. I have NEVER had this much acne before. I just picked up a new birth control today so hopefully when I start using this one the remaining acne on my face will go away. It's ridiculous."

TheGem July 29, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Nora-BE for 2 full yrs now, prescribed post D&C for heavy bleeding and birth control. I have bad fibroids. It didn't really help with the bleeding at all. Fibroids won that battle, so I recently had UAE procedure. Night and day! Dr said normal periods would resume 2-4 months after UAE, and to keep taking Nora-BE. Now, 6 mos post UAE, not sure when/if period is coming. Didn't last month at all. Lots of spotting though..maybe this is my period?? But spotting lasts longer than my 5 day period, more like 8-12, kind of annoying. Thought the itchiness was just me, but now that I read other users experience as well... I'm connecting the dots. Definitely weight gain, approx 8-10 lbs. Breast tenderness, acne, questioning whether to continue."

K GIRL July 16, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 1 month and its been treating me good so far, only side effects experienced was breast tenderness, increased appetite, itchy scalp. "

Dove Light (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been in this 3 months now. Have gained 11 lbs!!! I excersise, eat right and I look swollen. Have had 3 different spotting occasions that haven't lasted more than 3 days at a time. No cramps to really reports, occasional night sweats, no headaches. Just really hating the weight gain!"

JroseB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Nora-Be for a year now and have noticed the following side effects: 1. I never knew when I will have my period. On this birth control, it seems to be every 3 months. 2. I have gained about 10 pounds even though I have maintained my normal level of physical activity and diet. Before starting BC I have maintained the same weight for a number of years, and so the weight gain is not welcome. 3. I have experienced minor vision problems. Mostly my eye sight is blurry and sometimes I have difficulty focusing. 4. My breasts have increased in size (probably due to the weight gain). Though I can not really complain about the larger breasts, they are fairly tender-- sometimes uncomfortably so."

efaith May 21, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication (Nora-Be) for a little over a month now and my only complaint is that I have no idea when I'll get my period, the random spotting and the length of the period. Each time I have spotting, I'm not sure if it's my period or spotting then when I finally got my period, I had no idea how long it would be (still having it 6 days later). One of the main reasons I went on birth control was to control my period, since I have migraines however, I'm no longer allowed (per PPNE) allowed to have estrogen in my birth control which takes out that ability to control my period. Beyond that, no other side effects (i.e. weight gain, breast tenderness). I'll report back if that changes over the next few months."

Specialk3321 April 30, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking Nora-Be for about 2 months and have now been experiencing a longer period cycle. Before the pill my cycle lasted 5 days now on the pill my cycle last 8 days and now starts every 21 days as it used to start every 24 days. Other then the bleeding more, I've had no other symptoms."

kiaj April 13, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had a period every week for 4 months and at first tried Tri-Nessa and that did nothing. A friend recommended Nora-Be and I am so glad she did. I have irregular bleeding once a month now and it's so much better. No cramps and no pain. Love it!"

CheyMDavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I asked my doctor to change my birth control because of migraines. He put me on Nora-Be and after 3 week I started with these side-effects: cramping, bloating, breast sensitivity, trouble sleeping, itchy scalp, and constipation, and still had a few migraines. I was like that for 2 weeks and had the doctor put me back on the loretadine b.c I used before for irregular periods. Would not recommend this medicine AT ALL!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now, and while I love not having a period and no mood swings. I've had terrible acne, breast tenderness (to the point of walking is painful) and I've put on about 15lbs. I've even increased my exercise and gone on a diet and I'm still putting on weight. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2013

For Birth Control "I've tried the patch, the shot, Ortho Cyclen Lo and now currently on Nora Be. I gained 30lbs while being on the shot and couldn't lose the weight until I tried Ortho Cyclen, which gave me extreme nausea so I wasn't able to keep any food down which caused me to lose the weight so yay but it was awful at the same time. I drop down to 110lbs after stopping Ortho Tricyclen Lo and now while being on Nora Be I only have gain 5 pounds but that's from the holidays. Very satisfied with this product that I'm taking it for the second year. "

edi1019 December 27, 2012

"I was worried about starting hormonal birth control because I didn't want to become all crazy with mood swings and such. However, I haven't had anything like that with Nora-Be. You have to take it at the exact same time every day, but for me that's easy, I just set the alarm on my phone. The only downfall is that I've broken out with acne on my chest and somewhat on my face, not very attractive, but a small price to pay for not getting pregnant."

Anonymous November 21, 2011

For Birth Control "I had been on the combined oral pill for many years and had tried many different kinds. I have experience every kind of mood swing possible, severe cramping and abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, heartburn, moodiness, and had severe irritability, and uncontrollable bursts of tears before and during my period! As well as a decrease in libido. I felt out of control! I went to the doctor, she told me I was experiencing PMDD, which is much worse than PMS. She put me on Nora-Be since it only has a synthetic progesterone and no synthetic estrogen (which apparently increase all of the craziness). Only taken for short time, but better already! I have more control of my emotions and my libido is back in overdrive! Breast are tender though."

colie5265 June 10, 2010

For Birth Control "Compared to the full pill, this is fantastic. Side effects are minimal and easy to treat. I experienced some decrease in libido and severe vaginal dryness during my first month, but Replens (available in any drug store) took care of that right away. Works like a charm. I also experienced some water weight gain during the first few weeks, but Diurex helped. My body has adjusted since then and do not need the diuretics anymore. Bottom line, I totally prefer these mild side effects than to deal with the worrying that I'm pregnant every month. But you HAVE to take it at the same time every day. I take it every morning at 7 am, I actually set my alarm. I keep a glass of water on my night table next to the pills. I love being worry free."

Worry Free Woman July 18, 2009

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 months. On the plus side, I've had no period since I started. However, I feel nauseous every morning and sometimes during afternoons. The worst are the night sweats. I take the pill at 9pm and am awakened every night at 1am, extremely hot and sticky."

Anonymous March 23, 2009

For Birth Control "Really great. The combo pill made me sick as a dog and my weight ballooned, but I feel amazing on this pill. I had just started on a diet when I switched and I am still losing the same kind of weight as before the pill."

Anonymous January 15, 2009