User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 177 medications

Birth Control 8 reviews 222 medications

6.5
Amenorrhea 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometriosis 0 reviews 175 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 9 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Nora-Be

Review by kiaj: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking Nora-Be for about 2 months and have now been experiencing a longer period cycle. Before the pill my cycle lasted 5 days now on the pill my cycle last 8 days and now starts every 21 days as it used to start every 24 days. Other then the bleeding more, I've had no other symptoms.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 4:58 AM
Review by CheyMDavis (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had a period every week for 4 months and at first tried Tri-Nessa and that did nothing. A friend recommended Nora-Be and I am so glad she did. I have irregular bleeding once a month now and it's so much better. No cramps and no pain. Love it!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 17, 2014 5:08 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I asked my doctor to change my birth control because of migraines. He put me on Nora-Be and after 3 week I started with these side-effects: cramping, bloating, breast sensitivity, trouble sleeping, itchy scalp, and constipation, and still had a few migraines. I was like that for 2 weeks and had the doctor put me back on the loretadine b.c I used before for irregular periods. Would not recommend this medicine AT ALL!!!!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 1:56 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 9 months now, and while I love not having a period and no mood swings. I've had terrible acne, breast tenderness (to the point of walking is painful) and I've put on about 15lbs. I've even increased my exercise and gone on a diet and I'm still putting on weight.

September 7, 2013 12:05 PM
Review by edi1019: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've tried the patch, the shot, Ortho Cyclen Lo and now currently on Nora Be. I gained 30lbs while being on the shot and couldn't lose the weight until I tried Ortho Cyclen, which gave me extreme nausea so I wasn't able to keep any food down which caused me to lose the weight so yay but it was awful at the same time. I drop down to 110lbs after stopping Ortho Tricyclen Lo and now while being on Nora Be I only have gain 5 pounds but that's from the holidays. Very satisfied with this product that I'm taking it for the second year.

December 27, 2012 4:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone): I was worried about starting hormonal birth control because I didn't want to become all crazy with mood swings and such. However, I haven't had anything like that with Nora-Be. You have to take it at the exact same time every day, but for me that's easy, I just set the alarm on my phone. The only downfall is that I've broken out with acne on my chest and somewhat on my face, not very attractive, but a small price to pay for not getting pregnant.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 21, 2011 9:45 PM
Review by colie5265: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had been on the combined oral pill for many years and had tried many different kinds. I have experience every kind of mood swing possible, severe cramping and abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, heartburn, moodiness, and had severe irritability, and uncontrollable bursts of tears before and during my period! As well as a decrease in libido. I felt out of control! I went to the doctor, she told me I was experiencing PMDD, which is much worse than PMS. She put me on Nora-Be since it only has a synthetic progesterone and no synthetic estrogen (which apparently increase all of the craziness). Only taken for short time, but better already! I have more control of my emotions and my libido is back in overdrive! Breast are tender though.

June 10, 2010 11:36 AM
Review by Worry Free Woman: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: Compared to the full pill, this is fantastic. Side effects are minimal and easy to treat. I experienced some decrease in libido and severe vaginal dryness during my first month, but Replens (available in any drug store) took care of that right away. Works like a charm. I also experienced some water weight gain during the first few weeks, but Diurex helped. My body has adjusted since then and do not need the diuretics anymore. Bottom line, I totally prefer these mild side effects than to deal with the worrying that I'm pregnant every month. But you HAVE to take it at the same time every day. I take it every morning at 7 am, I actually set my alarm. I keep a glass of water on my night table next to the pills. I love being worry free.

July 18, 2009 9:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 4 months. On the plus side, I've had no period since I started. However, I feel nauseous every morning and sometimes during afternoons. The worst are the night sweats. I take the pill at 9pm and am awakened every night at 1am, extremely hot and sticky.

March 23, 2009 5:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: Really great. The combo pill made me sick as a dog and my weight ballooned, but I feel amazing on this pill. I had just started on a diet when I switched and I am still losing the same kind of weight as before the pill.

January 15, 2009 7:41 PM