User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Birth Control 36 reviews 275 medications

5.3
Endometriosis 2 reviews 160 medications

4.5
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 8 reviews 162 medications

4.4
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 46 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Endometriosis "Ok almost 3 months into taking Nora Be and I'm back with an update... So I had break through bleeding first 2 months but slowly went away. You have to make sure to take pill exact same time every day. I've lost weight, typically looking at BC makes me gain weight. All the pain and bleeding I had for years with endo is gone. I haven't been taking week 4 pills and jumping to a new pack but I just read somewhere that pop don't have placebo pill so the 4th week is also hormone? I'm not 100% on that yet. Ok back to side effects... No more acne, bug skin feels dry. I'm dry everywhere unfortunately. Small price to pay for pain free, cyst free existence. No headaches, no nausea, no more break through bleeding. Will update in anklet month..."

Kitty1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I would not recommend this pill for anyone, not any progesterone only pill. Bloating that makes me look 3 months pregnant, constipation, 50 pounds of weight gain in under 2 years that won't exercise off, skin feeling too tight all the time, headaches, fatigue, appetite is weird, constipation and diahhrea, mood swings, hot and cold flashes, and a never ending period. Medical staff all say it's normal and can't be the pill...so it's all in my head. I stopped this pill 2 nights ago and lost a third of my stomach as the bloating is decreasing. Stay away from these pills!"

DevilinTexas79 April 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 39. Have 3kids. I had been using the nuva ring for several years and loved it. No problems. But because of my age,having diabetes my doctor put me on Nora be. I just got off my cycle,started this pill and 3days later I start bleeding again and have been for 5days and I mean extremely bad going through a pad and tampon every 30min. I have read other reviews and see this is common but I have had good swings,headaches, dizziness, cramps,bloating, increase appetite and heart flutters. I'm not taking this BC anymore. I'm done having kids now anyway so I think I'll just Tie my tubes and not go through or worry about this anymore."

Lilbit! April 8, 2016

For Endometriosis "I started this pill in November 2015 and now in April of '16 I am FED UP! I have horrible bloating, gas, constipation every day (worsening in the evenings.) I've gained over 10 pounds and my abdomen looks like I'm 3 months pregnant. I'm 45 and have no more plans for children. I can't exercise this weight off either! My back is covered in pimples and my chest area has them also. I've noticed a decrease in my appetite (mainly in the evenings) yet I'm gaining weight. I have fatigue and completely random periods. My doctor, for the record told me that these symptoms I was having were not related to my pill!! So, needless to say, I'm finding a new Dr. Peri-menopause stinks!!! You young ladies, exercise while you can and enjoy that body!"

DeeeeeNaaaaaa April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "HATE HATE HATE HATE this pill. I had to get on this because my bp was a little high on 2 of my visits. No one seems to have any real answers to my questions. Nurses just say the same thing i read online. No schedule so you can have period 2x a month or none at all. Could last 5 days or longer. You never know when you are truly off your period. i have been on for i guess you can say 2 months cause this is my 2nd pack that i am almost finishing. Imagine my surprise when i go out to movies and use the restroom theres blood on my panties. What a way to end date night. Does anyone know of any other progestrin only pill that is more regulated?"

TJRS (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 25, I was put on this pill 8 months ago because I've been breastfeeding. Since starting the pill I've gotten horrible acne, I'm bloated and gassy all day, every day, I'm extremely moody, my period is typically every 14 days with the occasional 5-7 week break (very rare though) and very heavy with horrible cramps, and I've gained 14 lbs; I was losing lots of my baby weight until I started this pill, since I've started this pill it doesn't matter how much diet and exercise I do, I can't lose the weight... I will never recommended this pill and will never go back on it!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "47, given to thin uterine lining. Can't take it, gives me all day migraines, nausea, and vomiting. :( medroxyprogesterone worked better for me because I didn't have the debilitating effects."

MHSan Diego (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "39/ no kids. I have always had issues with taking BC, estrogen makes me a moody, bloated beast. I was diagnosed with endo 5 years ago. Got IUD w/ hormone, worked for 2 years and I've been bleeding now off and on for months. Was just in to see my OB last week and he suggested Nora-BE. At first I was hesitant but he explained that the progesterone dosage is the same as IUD and a fraction of the hormone compared to the progesterone pills. I've taken it for a week here and there to shrink cysts. So I said ok. Took my first pill last night. Today I was more calm and patient, no appetite at all. Will post update in a few days."

Kitty1313 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Been using this birth control for 8 days and I've been bleeding like a waterfall the whole time.is this normal?"

shan1979 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken Nora Be 0.35 for 3 months. I have experienced heart palpitations and heart fluttering in my stomach. This seems to occur in the morning and evenings. My periods start on my second week of each new pack. I have had headaches behind my eyes and some weight gain. I plan to discontinue this medication to see if my symptoms go away. I'm 47 and seeking a better form of birth control."

Hedrickkim (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful. Horrendous mood swings. Depression. Anxiety. Night sweats."

AlleyCat1114 February 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful!!! Worst acne of my life, heavy periods, weight gain, and discharge. Been taking for 3 months and stopped now for a week face is finally clearing up. Won't take it again."

Jenrose91 January 19, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've only been on this medication 1 wk and I've gained 10lb..I haven't gained weight in over 5yrs. I'm extremely bloated, water retention, headaches and severe cramping..I want to give it a chance but I'm 42 and these symptoms aren't tolerable. I feel bipolar and on edge..I'm scatter brained and very emotional....no bueno!!!"

Anonymous January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. I have only been taking it for one week and already I'm experiencing bleeding. I have taken the pill at the same time every day (I have my alarm set) so I'm not sure of why I'm already bleeding. I'm not cramping so I suspect that this is what is referrred to as breakthrough bleeding. I don't know for how long I will bleed as I've already had my monthly cycle for this month prior to starting the pill. I have yet to experience any other symptoms related to the pill that I know of but I will definitely switch to another pill as soon as possible. Some may be totally unphased with irregular bleeding but I'm not."

Crysta0326 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 40 with no children and started Nora-Be after 6+ years of no BC. I'm not allowed estrogen BC due to previous blood clots. Started this pill a week ago and am a little surprised by what I believe are side effects. Appetite loss and my mood is VERY elevated...I feel borderline hyper at times. I notice that things which used to upset me or get on my nerves don't nearly as much now. Overall a good thing but sometimes you need that balance to be able to understand and calibrate your overall well being. But my main concern is I've noticed I'm mentally scattered. It's like herding cats in my brain sometimes. I am hoping this subsides. No physical side effects yet- spotting or bloating-which I was expecting. We'll see."

Michelle0607 October 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the pills three months and I am not pregnant but I have decided to go off the pill because I bleed too much but other than that everything else was great."

beanabead (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Was put on Nora be because for some reason my doc suggested it even though I preferred the implanon. First I hate having to take a pill everyday so I probably am a little biased. Although I can say I saw a significant change in my mood. Usually Im a happy go lucky kind of gal, but since taking the pill for 2months my irritability level went from a 2 maybe to a 10. I knew something was wrong when I started having evil thoughts on hurting someone over something that could of easily resolved, to ketchup! I usually brush things off, but being on this pill, I swear i wanted to kill someone. I was literally in a rage over ketchup! That was when I knew I wasn't myself. I completely stopped. Not a fan of this."

Weezl September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Nora-be because I was having ocular migraines and have symptoms of raynauds phenom, apparently these are contraindications for the combo bc pill. Unfortunately, I have had quite a few issues on the Nora be. First, mood lability, and as another writer posted, my fianc"

Lar G September 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched from a combined pill to Nora-Be about four months ago because the doctor said I couldn't take estrogen because of chest pain and migraines. The pill is 100% very effective and no mood swings, no migraines. However, the bad side effects were excessive hair shedding I mean more than the normal, excessive bloating even without carb intake. I also had cramping, hardly bleeding just spotting. My period was never on time but can feel the symptoms of PMS. Overall, pill is very effective but excessive hair loss!"

unanimous August 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on the third month of this pill. No pregnancy, which is the point and no mood swings or weight gain. BUT ... I am having my period for the third time this month. First month went well, period came on time, lasted a week, second month same thing but this month has been just more than obnoxious. I had my period, then nothing for two days, then slight cramps and another light period for another 4 days, then nothing for about 5 days and yet again cramps today and next thing I know, I'm bleeding again. Hopefully this resolves itself soon. Outside of that, it is as if I'm not taking anything."

ADGJ July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've tried many, many forms of BCPs. Having given up hope that I could find a decent pill that didn't cause weight gain and depression, I made an appointment to get a Mirena IUD or the implanon. I asked my doctor one more time if she thought there were any low-dose options I should try and she put me on this. So far so good. I can normally tell what the side effects are very quickly upon trying a new pill. This one seems fine so far and it's only been a few weeks. With all pills containing estrogen I feel very foggy, a bit depressed, my athleticism suffers, I don't sleep as well, and I gain weight. I already lost 3 pounds when switching to this pill without any dietary changes. I feel great when climbing/hiking/running."

Rachel99508 July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "25 yo married with no kids. I took Nora-Be for almost a year. Spotting and irregularity for the first 3 months, as expected. Periods became more consistent after that (and lighter), but I still had them every month (not a big deal to me). The thing I did have a problem with was the extreme mood swings and increased yeast infections. My doctor and my husband didn't believe me about the mood swings, but I knew I wasnt *really* that emotionally unstable! I kept going with it because I didn't stand up for myself, until I went and spoke to two different pharmacists. They were the first ones to believe me about the mood swings, so I finally got the courage to stop Nora-Be. I am on a different POP (for almost a year now) and no more mood swings!"

JD. July 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 38 years old and have been taking Nora-BE for 10 months. I have never been pregnant, and do not plan to have children. I chose this pill because I was looking for a progestin only option with low hormones. My Dr also suggested it as a safer option because I am a smoker. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive on this pill. Way less mood swings than other pills I have been on. I get a period about every 28 days for about 5-6 days that is heavy for about 3 days and lighter the last 3 days. No spotting between periods. My sex drive increased after the first month and has remained strong. Some breast tenderness and back pain about a week before my period. Worst part: weight gain of 15 lbs and some facial hair and acne."

Coloradolady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm taking Nora-B for almost 2 years. First year was great 8 months no period and than suddenly the period start to show up every 6 months, than 3 months. So I'm asking if I'm taking this pill everyday at the same time and period is coming. Some headaches with it. So 'Im not happy at all. Thinking to change for another pill. Maybe the body got tired of taking the same one."

Jade67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birth control is great if enjoy bleeding 26 of 28 days. I was put on this to control my bleeding. Now I just bleed every day."

Mollz June 18, 2015