User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 177 medications

Birth Control 13 reviews 224 medications

6.4
Amenorrhea 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometriosis 0 reviews 175 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 15 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Nora-Be

Review by TheGem:

For Birth Control: I'm a 16 year old girl who uses birth control for maintaining clear skin due to acne, nausea in the morning, and a heavy flow. I've tried many different kinds of pills and this one was by far the worst. I typically don't have too much acne (about 3 pimples per month, if that). However, when I started this pill I broke out all over my face. I have NEVER had this much acne before. I just picked up a new birth control today so hopefully when I start using this one the remaining acne on my face will go away. It's ridiculous.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 6:04 PM

Review by K GIRL:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Nora-BE for 2 full yrs now, prescribed post D&C for heavy bleeding and birth control. I have bad fibroids. It didn't really help with the bleeding at all. Fibroids won that battle, so I recently had UAE procedure. Night and day! Dr said normal periods would resume 2-4 months after UAE, and to keep taking Nora-BE. Now, 6 mos post UAE, not sure when/if period is coming. Didn't last month at all. Lots of spotting though..maybe this is my period?? But spotting lasts longer than my 5 day period, more like 8-12, kind of annoying. Thought the itchiness was just me, but now that I read other users experience as well... I'm connecting the dots. Definitely weight gain, approx 8-10 lbs. Breast tenderness, acne, questioning whether to continue.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by Dove Light (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 1 month and its been treating me good so far, only side effects experienced was breast tenderness, increased appetite, itchy scalp.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2014 2:55 PM

Review by JroseB (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been in this 3 months now. Have gained 11 lbs!!! I excersise, eat right and I look swollen. Have had 3 different spotting occasions that haven't lasted more than 3 days at a time. No cramps to really reports, occasional night sweats, no headaches. Just really hating the weight gain!

May 21, 2014 4:40 PM

Review by efaith:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Nora-Be for a year now and have noticed the following side effects: 1. I never knew when I will have my period. On this birth control, it seems to be every 3 months. 2. I have gained about 10 pounds even though I have maintained my normal level of physical activity and diet. Before starting BC I have maintained the same weight for a number of years, and so the weight gain is not welcome. 3. I have experienced minor vision problems. Mostly my eye sight is blurry and sometimes I have difficulty focusing. 4. My breasts have increased in size (probably due to the weight gain). Though I can not really complain about the larger breasts, they are fairly tender-- sometimes uncomfortably so.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 4:36 PM

Review by Specialk3321:

For Birth Control: I've been on this medication (Nora-Be) for a little over a month now and my only complaint is that I have no idea when I'll get my period, the random spotting and the length of the period. Each time I have spotting, I'm not sure if it's my period or spotting then when I finally got my period, I had no idea how long it would be (still having it 6 days later). One of the main reasons I went on birth control was to control my period, since I have migraines however, I'm no longer allowed (per PPNE) allowed to have estrogen in my birth control which takes out that ability to control my period. Beyond that, no other side effects (i.e. weight gain, breast tenderness). I'll report back if that changes over the next few months.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by kiaj:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Nora-Be for about 2 months and have now been experiencing a longer period cycle. Before the pill my cycle lasted 5 days now on the pill my cycle last 8 days and now starts every 21 days as it used to start every 24 days. Other then the bleeding more, I've had no other symptoms.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by CheyMDavis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had a period every week for 4 months and at first tried Tri-Nessa and that did nothing. A friend recommended Nora-Be and I am so glad she did. I have irregular bleeding once a month now and it's so much better. No cramps and no pain. Love it!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I asked my doctor to change my birth control because of migraines. He put me on Nora-Be and after 3 week I started with these side-effects: cramping, bloating, breast sensitivity, trouble sleeping, itchy scalp, and constipation, and still had a few migraines. I was like that for 2 weeks and had the doctor put me back on the loretadine b.c I used before for irregular periods. Would not recommend this medicine AT ALL!!!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 1:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 9 months now, and while I love not having a period and no mood swings. I've had terrible acne, breast tenderness (to the point of walking is painful) and I've put on about 15lbs. I've even increased my exercise and gone on a diet and I'm still putting on weight.

September 7, 2013 12:05 PM

Review by edi1019:

For Birth Control: I've tried the patch, the shot, Ortho Cyclen Lo and now currently on Nora Be. I gained 30lbs while being on the shot and couldn't lose the weight until I tried Ortho Cyclen, which gave me extreme nausea so I wasn't able to keep any food down which caused me to lose the weight so yay but it was awful at the same time. I drop down to 110lbs after stopping Ortho Tricyclen Lo and now while being on Nora Be I only have gain 5 pounds but that's from the holidays. Very satisfied with this product that I'm taking it for the second year.

December 27, 2012 4:26 PM

I was worried about starting hormonal birth control because I didn't want to become all crazy with mood swings and such. However, I haven't had anything like that with Nora-Be. You have to take it at the exact same time every day, but for me that's easy, I just set the alarm on my phone. The only downfall is that I've broken out with acne on my chest and somewhat on my face, not very attractive, but a small price to pay for not getting pregnant.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2011 9:45 PM

Review by colie5265:

For Birth Control: I had been on the combined oral pill for many years and had tried many different kinds. I have experience every kind of mood swing possible, severe cramping and abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, heartburn, moodiness, and had severe irritability, and uncontrollable bursts of tears before and during my period! As well as a decrease in libido. I felt out of control! I went to the doctor, she told me I was experiencing PMDD, which is much worse than PMS. She put me on Nora-Be since it only has a synthetic progesterone and no synthetic estrogen (which apparently increase all of the craziness). Only taken for short time, but better already! I have more control of my emotions and my libido is back in overdrive! Breast are tender though.

June 10, 2010 11:36 AM

Review by Worry Free Woman:

For Birth Control: Compared to the full pill, this is fantastic. Side effects are minimal and easy to treat. I experienced some decrease in libido and severe vaginal dryness during my first month, but Replens (available in any drug store) took care of that right away. Works like a charm. I also experienced some water weight gain during the first few weeks, but Diurex helped. My body has adjusted since then and do not need the diuretics anymore. Bottom line, I totally prefer these mild side effects than to deal with the worrying that I'm pregnant every month. But you HAVE to take it at the same time every day. I take it every morning at 7 am, I actually set my alarm. I keep a glass of water on my night table next to the pills. I love being worry free.

July 18, 2009 9:27 AM

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 4 months. On the plus side, I've had no period since I started. However, I feel nauseous every morning and sometimes during afternoons. The worst are the night sweats. I take the pill at 9pm and am awakened every night at 1am, extremely hot and sticky.

March 23, 2009 5:42 PM

For Birth Control: Really great. The combo pill made me sick as a dog and my weight ballooned, but I feel amazing on this pill. I had just started on a diet when I switched and I am still losing the same kind of weight as before the pill.

January 15, 2009 7:41 PM