User Reviews for Jolivette

Learn more about Jolivette.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 175 medications

Amenorrhea 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Jolivette reviews 28 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Jolivette

Review by Slym (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been using these pills 3 months now. I've had very heavy bleeding for so long that I welcomed a change. The first two months were awesome. My cycle was very light and lasted the normal five days. No cramping, very little bloating. This third month my cycle came like clockwork lasted five days then two weeks later returned. My breast have been very tender and although very small they feel heavy I'm not giving up yet.

January 26, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by kainani (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have never taken birth control pills before Jolivette. This particular pill was prescribed to me because of my chronic migraines. The pill works great for my period, but the overall side effects were horrible. I am extremely emotional, my breasts were sore all of the time, and I'm extremely emotional all of the time which is the opposite of how I usually am. I also had hair growth on my arms, legs, and a little on my face. It works, but the side effects make it not worth it.

December 27, 2013 1:04 AM

Review by weareheathens (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been taking Jolivette for three months now, and couldn't complain about it. I used to have crazy irregular periods, for instance, the month before I started I had a 10 day cycle, which meant two and a half periods in a calender month, and the time before was 50 days. Since taking Jolivette I haven't had a single period. No cramping, bloating, weight gain, mood swings, nothing. In fact, I've lost weight. It's also great because I no longer get migraines as opposed to being on an estrogen pill. Would recommend it to anyone.

September 14, 2013 5:12 PM

Review by Drodriguez:

For Birth Control: I've been on Jolivette for almost a year and it was working fine until now. I had a period that finished 6 days ago that lasted 4 days and I started another one today. Makes no sense to me. I have not missed a single pill. I hope this isn't the way it's going to be from now on because I don't have the time to have a period every six days! Thank goodness my yearly check up is next month.

August 8, 2013 2:23 PM

Review by Lid:

For Birth Control: I was on the patch. Due to migraines I switched to this, which gave me no migraine. Just a little mood swing when I'm on my period. If you take it on time, you will have no bleeding problem. It is very good.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by HEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started taking this after my son was born because I am breastfeeding. I've been on the medication for about 7 months now. Unfortunately, last month I had two periods! Two full periods, not spotting. This appears to be happening again this month, and I just can't have my period every other week. It's too messy and exhausting, on top of having a one year old.

May 17, 2013 9:23 AM

Review by Newmum.:

For Birth Control: Great for the first year then irregularity started. I took after my sons birth. It started with some mid period started. Light spotting then light bleeding. Now it's a heavy period every two weeks. I just stopped and will be switching at the start if my next period.

March 29, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by Kikisses:

For Birth Control: I've been on Jolivette for almost 2 months. My doctor prescribed it because my blood is thin and I have uterine fibroids so he wanted a progesterone only birth control to stop my period. So far I've have had 2 periods that came at the time they were supposed to. I haven't experienced spotting. My period is a lot heavier but I'm on iron supplements as well. The goal was for me to take a birth control that would stop me from having a period, but that has not been successful. Other than me still having a period I feel fine. I will say every other birth control that I've ever tried made me nauseous. This one does not. My face has been breaking out a little more than usual but I'm still trying to figure out whether or not the birth control is the culprit.

March 20, 2013 9:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My first period on it was heavier than normal. After that I was spotting for several days which I have never experienced. This past month I have either been bleeding or spotting and its incredibly frustrating! Lots of random cramps as well. My mood has been up and down which is also frustrating.

March 15, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by Karem Clark:

For Birth Control: I took Jolivette 6 weeks after I went home with my first baby. A year after we went on vacation for four days and I forgot it at home. After vacation I took it and everything was fine. A week later I got my period. I thought it wasn't a big deal, or was maybe because I miss all those days. It last 5 days. 2 weeks after that again but now lasting 7 days. Then I started to get my period every week and now every 3 days! Lasting 7 days! Worked amazing in the beginning but I messed it up.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2013 1:53 AM

Review by olomragdoll:

For Birth Control: The first 3 months I had a period every 14 days. They lasted about 5 days, slightly heavier bleeding than normal for me. Then after the 3rd month, my periods went back to their normal 28 day off, 6 day periods. I'm breastfeeding my 7 month old, so this is a great option. No weight gain, no mood swings, no soreness or anything negative.

January 16, 2013 12:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was on Jolivette for over a year. The first three months it was great; lighter periods, less PMS, no complaints. After that grace period, it was all downhill. I took it at the EXACT same time daily (down to the minute!) and I ended up with two long periods a month! One month I would have a regular period and the next I would have another period two weeks after my first. It was frustrating to say the least.

January 3, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by Lemissap (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I feel psychotic! I had a baby two months ago and needed a low dose estrogen pill. I feel overwhelmed, anxious, bloated and very emotional. After having an emotional breakdown over nothing, I am stopping this immediately.

December 28, 2012 3:23 PM

For Endometriosis: The longer I take it the more I bleed. I've had unexplained hair loss. I've been on it for several months now. The first two months were fine then the next two I had two full periods a month now I'm having three with no end in site of when I'll stop bleeding.

October 11, 2012 5:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Just started my 2nd month. The 1st week and a half I had light bleeding everyday. Then the next week, my nipples were so sore. Now, this past week I've had on and off light bleeding and cramps during the last week of pills. I have no side effects emotionally, which is great, because everything else makes me go crazy. But, I have noticed a little weight gain and craving food all the time, and I jog 3 to 4 times a week. I am 24, no pregnancies ever. I'm not sure about this pill yet. I'll give it another month and see how it goes. I don't even want to be on birth control, but my cramping and periods are so terrible without it.

June 3, 2012 9:23 PM

Review by Kris.77 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I was on a hormonal birth control pill for many years. I could set a clock by my periods... start on a Tuesday, off by Saturday. It was great. I turned 35 and my Doc would no longer prescribe the hormonal pill. So, enter Jolivette. The first two weeks, my nipples were so sore and I was so bloated that I thought I might be pregnant. Then, my period started 1 week early and lasted for 9 days! A very heavy 9 days as well. 1 week later, heavy bleeding again. I don't think Jolivette and I are going to be friends.

April 30, 2012 3:29 PM

Review by swetau:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had a non-stop period 3 months ago. The Doctor prescribed Jolivette to let my period stop but after 6 days my bleeding doesn't stop at all. It's annoying because you can feel the gushing of blood. Until I asked my Doctor to switch it into another pill.

January 9, 2012 10:48 PM

Review by Anxiety Driven:

For Birth Control: First this pill kind of freaks me out with the whole "have to take it within the hour at the sametime everyday". I also deal with no period of a week, period of 3 days, no period for 4 days, then period of another 2 days...on and on and on. I have been on it for three months and thinking that this might not be the pill for me. It has given me some anxiety and increased my mood swings. I do have breast tenderness at times. Probably not the pill for me. But I was put on it since other birth control pills give me a headache and so far this pill has never given me a headache so at least that has worked.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2011 4:50 PM

For Birth Control: Abnormal bleeding all month long and severe mood swings. I'm switching after trying this for two months.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 3:41 PM

Review by tu tu:

For Birth Control: It's been three months and I love it. My hair has grown so silky and long. I haven't seen my period for the three months that I have been on jolivette and I like that. I can say I'm going to continue using it.

October 17, 2011 3:41 PM

For Birth Control: I've had an up and down experience with Jolivette. The first week was a bit rough with some dizziness, increase in appetite, and slightly more emotional. However, those initial symptoms disappeared within the first month. What's been driving me crazy is my period. It came a week after I began the pill (I also was incredibly emotional the day my period came). Then I had two weeks off before it came again. And again. And again. Three months on Jolivette and my periods are becoming longer (7+ days from 4 days) and with only 4 or 5 days in between. And recently my hair has started growing in straight after being solidly curly. I recently went off it and still got my period right on schedule as if I was still on it!

June 12, 2011 2:50 PM

Review by aj21allstar:

For Endometriosis: I just finished my first month of Jolivette and have no complaints whatsoever! I have been on several other pill forms and have had a lot of trouble with them due to breast tenderness mostly. With Jolivette I haven't had any breast tenderness (except during my period), but we are hoping that I won't have a period anymore after taking this for a while. Easy to take, although if I miss a pill it doesn't matter as I am not using it for birth control. I did have some bleeding to start with but my OB/GYN said that is normal.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2011 10:14 AM

For Birth Control: I am 21 years old and my son is now five months old. I started taking Jolivette at the beginning of February. I have experienced abnormal, heavy bleeding that seems like it never ends, feels like I've bled more than I haven't bled. The bleeding will stop for two to three days then return and last for about two weeks. I have also been feeling more angry and stressed than ever since I started taking this birth control. I am switching to a different birth control as soon as possible because Jolivette is making life miserable, and the way I am running through boxes of tampons and pads is ridiculous and draining the wallet.

March 13, 2011 10:39 PM

Review by lazygardener:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Thanks for sharing about the hair loss after several months on the medication. I had the same experience. I thought it was helping me with water retention and joint aches but I got carpal tunnel syndrome and had significant hair loss, and I coming to realize it may be from Jolivette.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2011 10:17 PM

For Birth Control: I was prescribed Jolivette due to my high blood pressure which was being caused by Ocella birth control. For the first 3 months I did not experience any side effects besides the irregular period which was advised in advance. After 3 months, I first noticed the side effects below: extreme weight gain (50 pounds!) and cravings for food that I had not previously ever would eat. Oily scalp and hair loss, this was a first for me and thought that I was just getting older, but then confirmed that it was Jolivette! (I'm 30 by the way). Anger and stress to the extreme. Depressed for no reason (I actually thought I was pregnant and would take home and doctor tests but resulted as negative every time). Chest and stomach pains.

February 17, 2011 9:18 PM