User Reviews for Jolivette

Learn more about Jolivette.

Amenorrhea 1 reviews 25 medications

Birth Control 41 reviews 271 medications

5.5
Endometriosis 3 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 162 medications

2.2
Summary of Jolivette reviews 49 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Jolivette

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for quite sometime now, I'm 24 years old and this is the only birth control I'm allowed on since I had a stroke back in 2012. And honestly it's terrible I don't stop bleeding on it. I actually use this pill to stop my bleeding. How so exactly? Well I use it to get a period, and when I stop using it my period stops for about a month or two and I have to take the pill to get my period again. It's a pain in the ass and confusing! However, I've never given the pill a fair shot, I've only stayed faithful on it for 2 months and my period wouldn't stop so I just stopped using it and my period went away. Idk what else to use."

Santi-J (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about 6 weeks now. My doctor prescribed this to me because I was having horrible migraines with one I was taking before. I haven't had my period yet, but have been spotting randomly since I started the pills. I used to have regular periods, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get them at all anymore. Not having the intense cramping every month like I used to is nice though. I haven't experienced any weight gain, or hair loss. Side effects that I have noticed are emotional. I have been experiencing severe mood swings, anxiety, fatigue, and depression. I know that I'm not pregnant, but this birth control makes me feel as though I am. Not sure if I'll continue taking it, for side effects may not be worth it."

Conflicted (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Amenorrhea "Began taking this a month ago for heavy periods and cysts. Not sure if I want to start the second pack after having an ocular migraine for 4 days. I take this like clockwork every night. Haven't had a period yet, no other side effects. Not sure if it's worth it, migraine or massive heavy periods? I'd almost rather have to wear 2 pads than be out for 4 plus days and counting with this migraine."

Bkittinger January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for quite sometime. I was put on this pill because other birth control pills would affect my blood pressure. My period comes on time every month and lasts for 5 days exact. Bleeding is very heavy and the mood swings and aches can be intense."

Caribbean girl December 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I tried 6 different pills before finding Jolivette. I've been on it for four years now, and haven't had a period in that time -- it's amazing! No side effects, my migraines are gone. It's been a life saver. Before Jolivette, I would have periods for up to 3 months at a time. I have recommended it to all of my friends, none of whom have had a negative experience yet."

SatisfiedStacy November 10, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Omg, where to begin. Doc had me switch from Yasmin (on for over 15yrs) to Jolivette. I have been on it for 3 years (?). My symptoms have been: weight gain, inability to lose weight (very slow loss) despite 6 day workouts and calorie (low carb) control, hot flashes, night sweats, neck pain, headaches, low energy, terrible depression, insane hostile angry mood swings and constant irritability. I went to the doctor as I thought I might be in early menopause. A battery of tests and blood work came up empty. She dismissed that Jolivette was the cause. Finally, googled it and found countless forums of women in the same boat as me. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped the pill and most notably my moods has been so even no irritability at all!"

Helen Back (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I have only been on Jolivette for a month after my daughter was born. First of all she is 2 months old and in that entire time I have been on a period except for 3 days of very light spotting. I feel like I'm going to bleed forever. It's not heavy it just doesn't stop. It also made my milk supply low which has me supplementing with formula and I have never had acne this bad in my life. My entire face is covered! I am stopping use of this pill immediately. I would rather use condoms than deal with this nonsense. I'm having to use them anyway since you have to take the pill the same time everyday and I always forget. If I wanna get back on the pill I'll take a normal one in 4-6 months when I'm done breast feeding."

Anonymous October 25, 2015

"On 4th month of this new pill. I was told to stop beyaz immediately because of my optical migraines. I now have no periods which I wasn't having much anyway, but side effects are horrible!!!! Waiting for doc to call me now. Hands swell and joints hurt, optical migraine twice already on it, regular headaches now all the time, body aches in arms and ankles, emergency room for severe neck spasms after not being in ER for 20 years. Not sure all this is from pill, but I am healthy and don't get colds or anything and all this started when switched to this pill. OH and this pill can cause ovarian cysts. UNHAPPY"

cg24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 5 years. It has been ok. Except I got pregnant while taking it as prescribed. Didn't miss a day. Didn't take it late-or did I? If I did it was within a 15 minute window-it always is. Same time every day. I had a miscarriage but my obgyn says it had nothing to do with the pill...I have horrible mood swings too. My husband can predict my start date based on how insanely moody, aggressive and angry I am. It is always 5 days before I start that I am most insane. Always! The mood swings are so bad I'm considering getting off the pill altogether. Everyone's different. That's my experience."

Mamacita1980 September 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for a year, after my son was born they prescribed it to me because I was breastfeeding I lost a lot of my pregnancy weight, but within three to four months I gaming 10lbs back maybe even 20lbs. Horrible right. I didn't have a period for 7 months. Now I get irregular periods, light periods. My doctor sent me to get a ultrasound to see what else might have been causing the irregular periods. They found something on both ovaries so my doctor is switching me from Jolivette to something else. I've had hair loss with this pill, weight gain and dramatic mood swings and out of control hot flashes. It's horrible I feel like I am having early Menopause. Oh yea also made milk supply low"

Dexa September 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for 3 months. As soon as I started taking it my milk supply dropped so drastically that I had to rent a hospital grade pump to keep up with my daughter. I gained 17 lbs in 4 weeks which is awful considering I was finally getting rid of my baby weight. I've never had acne and my arms are now completely broken out. Terrible pill! I think it must be great for keeping you from getting pregnant though...who wants sex when you feel fat, tired, hungry, while covered in acne!"

Esquared (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm taking this for the first time because I'm breastfeeding. I'm at the end of the 4th month. I haven't had a period at all. I've experienced mood fluctuations, moderate acne (unusual for me), hair loss and inability to lose weight. As others have mentioned, I feel hungry often and crave chocolate. I will be discussing other options with my ob/gyn."

kmpr77791215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had a horrible experience on this pill. I started taking it after my third child and it has absolutely altered my mental wellbeing. I have been depressed, anxious, nervous, angry, it's been a nightmare. Stopping right away, good to know I'm not the only one going through this."

MommyOfSuperKids July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "All the other reviews make this pill sound horrid. I have been on this pill for two years. Let me tell you, the first few months of taking this pill is hell. Complete hell. I had a period every other week, I broke out, I gained weight, I had mood swings. I talked to my doctor too switch but he insisted I stay on it. And I did. Months went by and the side effects went away. My period just kinda comes and go's when it wants. But other than that its fantastic. I take it everyday at the the same time. Stick with it and all will be fine :)"

ZombieGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on regular pills for about 25 years without issue. I just finished my first pack of this and am not sure I want to start my second. I have been so irrationally angry, stressed and depressed this last month. Angry over little things to the point of not sleeping several nights. I honestly was very concerned about what was happening to me. Also had very sore nipples and am super hungry all the time. So happy to find that others experienced this and I'm not losing my mind!!! I did not get my period which is usual for me but I do have cramps."

MzDeeBee June 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on jolivette for almost a year now and love it. I may go 6-8 weeks between bleeding so i take home tests just to rule out pregnancy. So far, so good!"

HM530 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for 3 weeks and I've been expierencing hair loss, acne, sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings, and it lowered my milk supply. I also had a little spotting. I have decided to stop taking the pills."

moodswinginmama May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Jolivette 6 months ago after I had my daughter since I was breastfeeding. After 1 month and a half I was late taking a pill one day and the next day I started my period that last 5 days. Then the next month no period. Than the next month I was spotting. Each month as been different and unpredictable. I haven't had any side affects, besides the fact its a lot harder for me to lose weigh than with my first born. I don't know if the birth control is the cause but I'm guessing it is. The only negative thing about the pill is irregular periods and weigh gain."

Nujami (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Endometriosis "I was on this medicine for about 7 weeks and I gained a lot of weight and on the start of my 3rd pack I got extreme migraines when I crouched down. I was in crazy pain so I stopped the birth control. After about 3 weeks my migraines stopped. I got MRI's and the doctor didn't see anything wrong with my brain."

desireesmiles May 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill since after daughter was born 18 months ago. I haven't had any problems with it until now. I had a light period that lasted a week in January and another in February around the same time that one was a little heavier. Now it is March and I haven't had a period yet. I hate the inconsistency of it. I've been on time taking it so I know I can't be pregnant. I've never had mood swings with it until here recently. Its a good started pill but I'd prefer something else"

Rica G March 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I had heavy migraines with my previous pill so doctor recommended Jolivette. The migraine was gone for good, no pain at all. But I have side effects. First I don't have my period for 3 months which the doctor says it's common. I also gained weight very fast and gained a lot of abdominal perimeter. And sometimes my mood swings are very intense. Overall this pill treated the pain that I was having, but I feel uncomfortable gaining weight and not being able to control my cycle due to the lack of period. I will be taking it for a couple more months to see if something changes."

Joanne M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking the mini pill for three months now! My first period lasted three days with the first day heavy and the rest with spotting. I chose this mini pill for a few reasons. I have 4 day periods with heavy flow and horrible back pain. I love to snowboard so that wasn't going to be okay to be dealing with. As well, my family has a history of mental health to which I don't like to play with the chemistry in my body. So far I've been on it for three months with one period! Of course I'm loving this mini pill but when is my period going to hit?! I haven't gained any weight and my breasts are not tender."

Trinity P (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been using these pills 3 months now. I've had very heavy bleeding for so long that I welcomed a change. The first two months were awesome. My cycle was very light and lasted the normal five days. No cramping, very little bloating. This third month my cycle came like clockwork lasted five days then two weeks later returned. My breast have been very tender and although very small they feel heavy I'm not giving up yet."

Slym (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have never taken birth control pills before Jolivette. This particular pill was prescribed to me because of my chronic migraines. The pill works great for my period, but the overall side effects were horrible. I am extremely emotional, my breasts were sore all of the time, and I'm extremely emotional all of the time which is the opposite of how I usually am. I also had hair growth on my arms, legs, and a little on my face. It works, but the side effects make it not worth it."

kainani (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been taking Jolivette for three months now, and couldn't complain about it. I used to have crazy irregular periods, for instance, the month before I started I had a 10 day cycle, which meant two and a half periods in a calender month, and the time before was 50 days. Since taking Jolivette I haven't had a single period. No cramping, bloating, weight gain, mood swings, nothing. In fact, I've lost weight. It's also great because I no longer get migraines as opposed to being on an estrogen pill. Would recommend it to anyone."

weareheathens (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2013