User Reviews for Jolivette

Learn more about Jolivette.

Birth Control 33 reviews 255 medications

5.8
Endometriosis 3 reviews 161 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 3 reviews 163 medications

2.7
Amenorrhea 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Jolivette reviews 39 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Jolivette

For Birth Control "I'm taking this for the first time because I'm breastfeeding. I'm at the end of the 4th month. I haven't had a period at all. I've experienced mood fluctuations, moderate acne (unusual for me), hair loss and inability to lose weight. As others have mentioned, I feel hungry often and crave chocolate. I will be discussing other options with my ob/gyn."

kmpr77791215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had a horrible experience on this pill. I started taking it after my third child and it has absolutely altered my mental wellbeing. I have been depressed, anxious, nervous, angry, it's been a nightmare. Stopping right away, good to know I'm not the only one going through this."

MommyOfSuperKids July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "All the other reviews make this pill sound horrid. I have been on this pill for two years. Let me tell you, the first few months of taking this pill is hell. Complete hell. I had a period every other week, I broke out, I gained weight, I had mood swings. I talked to my doctor too switch but he insisted I stay on it. And I did. Months went by and the side effects went away. My period just kinda comes and go's when it wants. But other than that its fantastic. I take it everyday at the the same time. Stick with it and all will be fine :)"

ZombieGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on regular pills for about 25 years without issue. I just finished my first pack of this and am not sure I want to start my second. I have been so irrationally angry, stressed and depressed this last month. Angry over little things to the point of not sleeping several nights. I honestly was very concerned about what was happening to me. Also had very sore nipples and am super hungry all the time. So happy to find that others experienced this and I'm not losing my mind!!! I did not get my period which is usual for me but I do have cramps."

MzDeeBee June 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on jolivette for almost a year now and love it. I may go 6-8 weeks between bleeding so i take home tests just to rule out pregnancy. So far, so good!"

HM530 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for 3 weeks and I've been expierencing hair loss, acne, sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings, and it lowered my milk supply. I also had a little spotting. I have decided to stop taking the pills."

moodswinginmama May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Jolivette 6 months ago after I had my daughter since I was breastfeeding. After 1 month and a half I was late taking a pill one day and the next day I started my period that last 5 days. Then the next month no period. Than the next month I was spotting. Each month as been different and unpredictable. I haven't had any side affects, besides the fact its a lot harder for me to lose weigh than with my first born. I don't know if the birth control is the cause but I'm guessing it is. The only negative thing about the pill is irregular periods and weigh gain."

Nujami (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Endometriosis "I was on this medicine for about 7 weeks and I gained a lot of weight and on the start of my 3rd pack I got extreme migraines when I crouched down. I was in crazy pain so I stopped the birth control. After about 3 weeks my migraines stopped. I got MRI's and the doctor didn't see anything wrong with my brain."

desireesmiles May 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill since after daughter was born 18 months ago. I haven't had any problems with it until now. I had a light period that lasted a week in January and another in February around the same time that one was a little heavier. Now it is March and I haven't had a period yet. I hate the inconsistency of it. I've been on time taking it so I know I can't be pregnant. I've never had mood swings with it until here recently. Its a good started pill but I'd prefer something else"

Rica G March 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I had heavy migraines with my previous pill so doctor recommended Jolivette. The migraine was gone for good, no pain at all. But I have side effects. First I don't have my period for 3 months which the doctor says it's common. I also gained weight very fast and gained a lot of abdominal perimeter. And sometimes my mood swings are very intense. Overall this pill treated the pain that I was having, but I feel uncomfortable gaining weight and not being able to control my cycle due to the lack of period. I will be taking it for a couple more months to see if something changes."

Joanne M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking the mini pill for three months now! My first period lasted three days with the first day heavy and the rest with spotting. I chose this mini pill for a few reasons. I have 4 day periods with heavy flow and horrible back pain. I love to snowboard so that wasn't going to be okay to be dealing with. As well, my family has a history of mental health to which I don't like to play with the chemistry in my body. So far I've been on it for three months with one period! Of course I'm loving this mini pill but when is my period going to hit?! I haven't gained any weight and my breasts are not tender."

Trinity P (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been using these pills 3 months now. I've had very heavy bleeding for so long that I welcomed a change. The first two months were awesome. My cycle was very light and lasted the normal five days. No cramping, very little bloating. This third month my cycle came like clockwork lasted five days then two weeks later returned. My breast have been very tender and although very small they feel heavy I'm not giving up yet."

Slym (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have never taken birth control pills before Jolivette. This particular pill was prescribed to me because of my chronic migraines. The pill works great for my period, but the overall side effects were horrible. I am extremely emotional, my breasts were sore all of the time, and I'm extremely emotional all of the time which is the opposite of how I usually am. I also had hair growth on my arms, legs, and a little on my face. It works, but the side effects make it not worth it."

kainani (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been taking Jolivette for three months now, and couldn't complain about it. I used to have crazy irregular periods, for instance, the month before I started I had a 10 day cycle, which meant two and a half periods in a calender month, and the time before was 50 days. Since taking Jolivette I haven't had a single period. No cramping, bloating, weight gain, mood swings, nothing. In fact, I've lost weight. It's also great because I no longer get migraines as opposed to being on an estrogen pill. Would recommend it to anyone."

weareheathens (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Jolivette for almost a year and it was working fine until now. I had a period that finished 6 days ago that lasted 4 days and I started another one today. Makes no sense to me. I have not missed a single pill. I hope this isn't the way it's going to be from now on because I don't have the time to have a period every six days! Thank goodness my yearly check up is next month."

Drodriguez August 8, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on the patch. Due to migraines I switched to this, which gave me no migraine. Just a little mood swing when I'm on my period. If you take it on time, you will have no bleeding problem. It is very good."

Lid July 11, 2013

For Birth Control "I started taking this after my son was born because I am breastfeeding. I've been on the medication for about 7 months now. Unfortunately, last month I had two periods! Two full periods, not spotting. This appears to be happening again this month, and I just can't have my period every other week. It's too messy and exhausting, on top of having a one year old."

HEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2013

For Birth Control "Great for the first year then irregularity started. I took after my sons birth. It started with some mid period started. Light spotting then light bleeding. Now it's a heavy period every two weeks. I just stopped and will be switching at the start if my next period."

Newmum. March 29, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Jolivette for almost 2 months. My doctor prescribed it because my blood is thin and I have uterine fibroids so he wanted a progesterone only birth control to stop my period. So far I've have had 2 periods that came at the time they were supposed to. I haven't experienced spotting. My period is a lot heavier but I'm on iron supplements as well. The goal was for me to take a birth control that would stop me from having a period, but that has not been successful. Other than me still having a period I feel fine. I will say every other birth control that I've ever tried made me nauseous. This one does not. My face has been breaking out a little more than usual but I'm still trying to figure out whether or not the birth control is the culprit."

Kikisses March 20, 2013

For Birth Control "My first period on it was heavier than normal. After that I was spotting for several days which I have never experienced. This past month I have either been bleeding or spotting and its incredibly frustrating! Lots of random cramps as well. My mood has been up and down which is also frustrating. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2013

For Birth Control "I took Jolivette 6 weeks after I went home with my first baby. A year after we went on vacation for four days and I forgot it at home. After vacation I took it and everything was fine. A week later I got my period. I thought it wasn't a big deal, or was maybe because I miss all those days. It last 5 days. 2 weeks after that again but now lasting 7 days. Then I started to get my period every week and now every 3 days! Lasting 7 days! Worked amazing in the beginning but I messed it up."

Karem Clark March 12, 2013

For Birth Control "The first 3 months I had a period every 14 days. They lasted about 5 days, slightly heavier bleeding than normal for me. Then after the 3rd month, my periods went back to their normal 28 day off, 6 day periods. I'm breastfeeding my 7 month old, so this is a great option. No weight gain, no mood swings, no soreness or anything negative."

olomragdoll January 16, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Jolivette for over a year. The first three months it was great; lighter periods, less PMS, no complaints. After that grace period, it was all downhill. I took it at the EXACT same time daily (down to the minute!) and I ended up with two long periods a month! One month I would have a regular period and the next I would have another period two weeks after my first. It was frustrating to say the least. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I feel psychotic! I had a baby two months ago and needed a low dose estrogen pill. I feel overwhelmed, anxious, bloated and very emotional. After having an emotional breakdown over nothing, I am stopping this immediately. "

Lemissap (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2012

For Endometriosis "The longer I take it the more I bleed. I've had unexplained hair loss. I've been on it for several months now. The first two months were fine then the next two I had two full periods a month now I'm having three with no end in site of when I'll stop bleeding."

Anonymous October 11, 2012