User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 150 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Endometriosis

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Jolivette (norethindrone): The longer I take it the more I bleed. I've had unexplained hair loss. I've been on it for several months now. The first two months were fine then the next two I had two full periods a month now I'm having three with no end in site of when I'll stop bleeding.

October 11, 2012 5:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

norethindrone: This medicine has significantly improved my life. I've had surgery for 'endometriosis' twice. The second surgery showed no sign of endometriosis yet I continued getting severely ill with my cycle and missing work for several days each month. Doctor always gave me oral contraceptives that included estrogen which caused constant illness and extreme bloating . Finally, I was prescribed norethindrone. My cycles have stopped and although I have mild night sweats, decreased sex drive and some weight gain my quality of life is so much better! It's been about 7 months; hopefully the side effects don't worsen and the benefit continues.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 3, 2011 7:16 PM
Review by aj21allstar: User Rating:

Jolivette (norethindrone): I just finished my first month of Jolivette and have no complaints whatsoever! I have been on several other pill forms and have had a lot of trouble with them due to breast tenderness mostly. With Jolivette I haven't had any breast tenderness (except during my period), but we are hoping that I won't have a period anymore after taking this for a while. Easy to take, although if I miss a pill it doesn't matter as I am not using it for birth control. I did have some bleeding to start with but my OB/GYN said that is normal.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 26, 2011 10:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Camila (norethindrone): I started this after my second lap surgery for my endometriosis. Had no problems the first month, but have now been bleeding nonstop for 6 weeks. I really liked the fact that I didn't suffer from the side effects that I feel with a typical combination pill (weight gain, nausea, etc), but I cannot take the bleeding and pain anymore. I have had to take 2-3 pills a day to control the bleeding and am still experiencing spotting and cramps. I'm sure that this is the right method for controlling endometriosis for some women, but it is definitely not right for me.

March 29, 2011 1:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

norethindrone: This was added to my therapy to help with the insomnia and moodiness, well the moodiness is a bit better. I still have the insomnia and really weird dreams!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2009 10:30 AM
Review by princesslbc83: User Rating:

Aygestin (norethindrone): Having no periods every month is wonderful and all my pain from endometriosis has subsided. I feel wonderful, but did experience quite a bit of weight gain with this medication but in the long run it is worth it.

November 19, 2009 11:44 PM
Review by Endometriosis Survivor: User Rating:

norethindrone: I had a similar experience to the person who posted before. After 2 surgeries in 5 years and going through almost all the drugs, we finally found something that works! Along with Micronor daily, Norethindrone for the past 8 months has done great with all my Endometriosis symptoms and I had them all. No break through bleeding, no pelvic pain, no pain during sex.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2009 11:17 AM
Review by kldn: User Rating:

Aygestin (norethindrone): I had 3 surgeries in 3 years for endometriosis. Tried several different birth control pills and lupron. I missed over 80 days school each year for two years and then was home bound for several months a third year due to the chronic pain of endometriosis. After about 6 months on Aygestin and several doses I was back to "normal." Since then I have only had one surgery in 6 years. I have taken the medicine daily for 7 years, without it I don't know where I would be.

June 4, 2008 4:46 PM