User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Review Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Endometriosis

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I was on this medicine for about 7 weeks and I gained a lot of weight and on the start of my 3rd pack I got extreme migraines when I crouched down. I was in crazy pain so I stopped the birth control. After about 3 weeks my migraines stopped. I got MRI's and the doctor didn't see anything wrong with my brain."

desireesmiles May 3, 2015

"I have endometriosis and fibroids and had a terrible time last year when I visited my sister in Colorado. I was having horrific cramps that radiated up my back, in my butt and down my legs. I ended up in the ER there and was told I may have had a cyst burst. I was told that higher elevations will make cramps alot worse if you are not used to the elevation. When we drove up in the mountains the cramps got significantly worse. They gave me some strong pain medication but it really only made me groggy and the pain was still there. When I came back home and visited my dr. she put me on these. So far, it has been over a year and I have had no periods, no cramps and no pain! It's like a miracle! Unfortunately I have gained weight though."

HLN (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2014

Errin (norethindrone): "I've been on progestin-only birth control for about 3 years. I started on Ortho-Micronor, I had a period for about 3 months straight but then my period stopped entirely. Then I moved and I was given Camila (same thing, different brand), it kept in line with the "no-period" havingness. It was great. Moved again, I was given Errin. For about 2-3 months I was ok, but I noticed some changes in my mood and some bloating. Then about 3 months in (February 2014) I had spotting. I thought maybe it would be normal after having NO period for 2 years, but then 2 weeks later I had a full-on period. Since then I've had maybe 3-4 periods in 2 months, extremely painful tenderness in my breasts. "

nerak86 May 3, 2014

Jolivette (norethindrone): "The longer I take it the more I bleed. I've had unexplained hair loss. I've been on it for several months now. The first two months were fine then the next two I had two full periods a month now I'm having three with no end in site of when I'll stop bleeding."

Anonymous October 11, 2012

"This medicine has significantly improved my life. I've had surgery for 'endometriosis' twice. The second surgery showed no sign of endometriosis yet I continued getting severely ill with my cycle and missing work for several days each month. Doctor always gave me oral contraceptives that included estrogen which caused constant illness and extreme bloating . Finally, I was prescribed norethindrone. My cycles have stopped and although I have mild night sweats, decreased sex drive and some weight gain my quality of life is so much better! It's been about 7 months; hopefully the side effects don't worsen and the benefit continues."

Anonymous October 3, 2011

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I just finished my first month of Jolivette and have no complaints whatsoever! I have been on several other pill forms and have had a lot of trouble with them due to breast tenderness mostly. With Jolivette I haven't had any breast tenderness (except during my period), but we are hoping that I won't have a period anymore after taking this for a while. Easy to take, although if I miss a pill it doesn't matter as I am not using it for birth control. I did have some bleeding to start with but my OB/GYN said that is normal. "

aj21allstar May 26, 2011

Camila (norethindrone): "I started this after my second lap surgery for my endometriosis. Had no problems the first month, but have now been bleeding nonstop for 6 weeks. I really liked the fact that I didn't suffer from the side effects that I feel with a typical combination pill (weight gain, nausea, etc), but I cannot take the bleeding and pain anymore. I have had to take 2-3 pills a day to control the bleeding and am still experiencing spotting and cramps. I'm sure that this is the right method for controlling endometriosis for some women, but it is definitely not right for me. "

Anonymous March 29, 2011

"This was added to my therapy to help with the insomnia and moodiness, well the moodiness is a bit better. I still have the insomnia and really weird dreams!"

Anonymous December 14, 2009

Aygestin (norethindrone): "Having no periods every month is wonderful and all my pain from endometriosis has subsided. I feel wonderful, but did experience quite a bit of weight gain with this medication but in the long run it is worth it."

princesslbc83 November 19, 2009

"I had a similar experience to the person who posted before. After 2 surgeries in 5 years and going through almost all the drugs, we finally found something that works! Along with Micronor daily, Norethindrone for the past 8 months has done great with all my Endometriosis symptoms and I had them all. No break through bleeding, no pelvic pain, no pain during sex."

Endometriosis Survivor August 11, 2009

Aygestin (norethindrone): "I had 3 surgeries in 3 years for endometriosis. Tried several different birth control pills and lupron. I missed over 80 days school each year for two years and then was home bound for several months a third year due to the chronic pain of endometriosis. After about 6 months on Aygestin and several doses I was back to "normal." Since then I have only had one surgery in 6 years. I have taken the medicine daily for 7 years, without it I don't know where I would be."

kldn June 4, 2008

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Endometriosis