User Reviews for Macrodantin

Learn more about Macrodantin.

Prevention of Bladder infection 6 reviews 29 medications

8.7
Urinary Tract Infection 5 reviews 161 medications

7.4
Bladder Infection 3 reviews 79 medications

Summary of Macrodantin reviews 14 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Macrodantin

Review by sick of this:

For Urinary Tract Infection: After having a lot of urine infections for the past year I am now back on Macrodantin 50mg 4 times a day for 7 days makes me feel yak headaches keeps me awake slightly dizzy, feel tired a lot.. Then doctor wants me to take a low dose of it for 6 weeks will keep you posted if it actually works this time. I have my doubts.

September 23, 2014 4:12 PM

Review by jessicawesternmass (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I understand the good outweigh the bad however, the past few days have been hell. I had honestly one the worst urinary tract infections I have ever had. I need the relief so I am going to continue with the meds. Within 24 hours of taking it, I had horrible diarrhea. I am pale, I keep drinking water.

November 25, 2013 9:59 AM

Review by Tyson16 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I was given this medicine to take for seven days, four times a day. Within the first day or so of taking it I was suffering with a feeling of acid stomach, nausea, complete lack of appetite.

September 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Review by esmee94:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have suffered from recurrent urinary tract infections since I became sexually active. I would get an infection every time I had sex with my boyfriend. I tried countless courses of antibiotics which apparently cleared the infection but when I had sex again i got another one. finally my doctor put me on nitrofurantoin and this cleared the infection immediately. I have still to finish the course. I haven't had sex while taking the last few courses to make sure the infection has cleared fully!

July 7, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by Chriswhjay:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Started experiecing pain peeing and went for a quick dip test after blood in urine was strongly apparant. Prescribed Trimethoprim for a week and cleared it up very quickly however it came back. On the sixth day the doctor rang me urgently saying I needed to take these 4 times a day for a week. No side effects at all. Possible constipation however this could be due to not wanting to eat/doing less exercise. No chest pains or anything and very quickly cleared up any remaining symptoms. Thank you Macrodantin!

June 29, 2013 2:39 PM

Review by Monihrin:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Macrodantin also known as nitrofurantoin is really good medication for UTI. I was struggling with UTI long time. I tried Cefalexin and it didn't work for me. I did try Augmentin as I never had problem with this one and it's really strong but I started to vomit after 2 hours of taking the pill. Macrodantin can be good choice for people with sensitive stomach. I had no side effects.

September 12, 2012 3:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Prevention of Bladder infection: I am a paraplegic due to a gunshot to my spine incurred in VietNam. I had taken Macrodantin for over forty years and it helped to greatly curb my infections due to the need for intermittent catheritization three times daily. It caused side effects as I got older. I hadn't realized that this medicine was causing me to be continuously dizzy and generally unwell. I have since stopped taking it.

May 30, 2012 10:28 PM

For Prevention of Bladder infection: I had 8 urinary tract infections in one year. Since being on one tablet at bedtime I've had none. And no side effects. Amazing!

May 30, 2012 4:02 PM

Review by gglu:

For Bladder Infection: I have been on this medication for 4 days now for ongoing bladder infection, only side effect so far is that I feel very nervy in the mornings until I get enough food into me to counteract it. Also went out last night and had one glass of wine and my whole face, neck and chest went bright red for at least half an hour and felt very hot.

March 3, 2012 8:59 PM

Review by Mother of six:

For Bladder Infection: This medicine changed my life. I used to get urinary tract infections during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after sex all the time, until a doctor prescribed put me on this daily. Never have a urinary tract infection again while on it. No side effects for me, just pain free pee.

July 17, 2011 3:07 PM

For Prevention of Bladder infection: Be prepared for a feeling of being generally unwell, fatigued, with upset stomach.

June 3, 2011 11:55 AM

For Prevention of Bladder infection: This is a miracle drug. I used to get a bladder infection every 2 weeks, until my doctor prescribed this to me for daily use. I've been taking it everyday for 2 years now and have yet to deal with a single bladder infection. Plus, there are no side effects for me. Being on this pill has made my life a lot more comfortable.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2009 11:20 AM

For Prevention of Bladder infection: I used to get 4-5 urinary tract infections (UTI) every time I had sex, before I started taking Macrodantin. I have been on it for 5 years and I have never had another UTI. They are "the magic pills".

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2008 4:47 PM

Review by Mssrowlett:

For Prevention of Bladder infection: Pills are very small and easy to swallow. I have no side effects from this medication. I use it to prevent serious urinary tract and bladder infections. I take it after sexual intercourse and it does prevent UTI's for me. I wouldn't want to live without this medication.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2008 1:49 PM