User Reviews for Macrodantin

Learn more about Macrodantin.

Macrodantin review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 302 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Macrodantin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by jessicawesternmass (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I understand the good outweigh the bad however, the past few days have been hell. I had honestly one the worst urinary tract infections I have ever had. I need the relief so I am going to continue with the meds. Within 24 hours of taking it, I had horrible diarrhea. I am pale, I keep drinking water.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 25, 2013 9:59 AM
Review by esmee94: User Rating:

I have suffered from recurrent urinary tract infections since I became sexually active. I would get an infection every time I had sex with my boyfriend. I tried countless courses of antibiotics which apparently cleared the infection but when I had sex again i got another one. finally my doctor put me on nitrofurantoin and this cleared the infection immediately. I have still to finish the course. I haven't had sex while taking the last few courses to make sure the infection has cleared fully!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 7, 2013 10:51 PM
Review by Chriswhjay: User Rating:

Started experiecing pain peeing and went for a quick dip test after blood in urine was strongly apparant. Prescribed Trimethoprim for a week and cleared it up very quickly however it came back. On the sixth day the doctor rang me urgently saying I needed to take these 4 times a day for a week. No side effects at all. Possible constipation however this could be due to not wanting to eat/doing less exercise. No chest pains or anything and very quickly cleared up any remaining symptoms. Thank you Macrodantin!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 29, 2013 2:39 PM
Review by Monihrin: User Rating:

Macrodantin also known as nitrofurantoin is really good medication for UTI. I was struggling with UTI long time. I tried Cefalexin and it didn't work for me. I did try Augmentin as I never had problem with this one and it's really strong but I started to vomit after 2 hours of taking the pill. Macrodantin can be good choice for people with sensitive stomach. I had no side effects.

September 12, 2012 3:27 PM