User Reviews for Macrodantin

Learn more about Macrodantin.

Macrodantin Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Bladder infection.

Reviews for Macrodantin to treat Prevention of Bladder infection

"my daughter was put on Macrodantin to prevent kidney infections, and after 2 months was struggling to breath while playing football, tests showed that her pulmonary function had reduced by 25% and she had developed an irregular heart beat. I would think carefully before taking this drug as you may be damaging your lungs to save your kidneys"

Martaine May 23, 2015

"I am a paraplegic due to a gunshot to my spine incurred in VietNam. I had taken Macrodantin for over forty years and it helped to greatly curb my infections due to the need for intermittent catheritization three times daily. It caused side effects as I got older. I hadn't realized that this medicine was causing me to be continuously dizzy and generally unwell. I have since stopped taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2012

"I had 8 urinary tract infections in one year. Since being on one tablet at bedtime I've had none. And no side effects. Amazing!"

Anonymous May 30, 2012

"Be prepared for a feeling of being generally unwell, fatigued, with upset stomach."

Anonymous June 3, 2011

"This is a miracle drug. I used to get a bladder infection every 2 weeks, until my doctor prescribed this to me for daily use. I've been taking it everyday for 2 years now and have yet to deal with a single bladder infection. Plus, there are no side effects for me. Being on this pill has made my life a lot more comfortable."

Anonymous December 12, 2009

"I used to get 4-5 urinary tract infections (UTI) every time I had sex, before I started taking Macrodantin. I have been on it for 5 years and I have never had another UTI. They are "the magic pills"."

Anonymous June 9, 2008

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Pills are very small and easy to swallow. I have no side effects from this medication. I use it to prevent serious urinary tract and bladder infections. I take it after sexual intercourse and it does prevent UTI's for me. I wouldn't want to live without this medication."

Mssrowlett March 27, 2008

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Prevention of Bladder infection