User Reviews for Macrodantin

Learn more about Macrodantin.

Macrodantin review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Bladder infection.

Reviews for Macrodantin to treat Prevention of Bladder infection

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

I am a paraplegic due to a gunshot to my spine incurred in VietNam. I had taken Macrodantin for over forty years and it helped to greatly curb my infections due to the need for intermittent catheritization three times daily. It caused side effects as I got older. I hadn't realized that this medicine was causing me to be continuously dizzy and generally unwell. I have since stopped taking it.

May 30, 2012 10:28 PM

I had 8 urinary tract infections in one year. Since being on one tablet at bedtime I've had none. And no side effects. Amazing!

May 30, 2012 4:02 PM

Be prepared for a feeling of being generally unwell, fatigued, with upset stomach.

June 3, 2011 11:55 AM

This is a miracle drug. I used to get a bladder infection every 2 weeks, until my doctor prescribed this to me for daily use. I've been taking it everyday for 2 years now and have yet to deal with a single bladder infection. Plus, there are no side effects for me. Being on this pill has made my life a lot more comfortable.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2009 11:20 AM

I used to get 4-5 urinary tract infections (UTI) every time I had sex, before I started taking Macrodantin. I have been on it for 5 years and I have never had another UTI. They are "the magic pills".

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2008 4:47 PM

Review by Mssrowlett:

Pills are very small and easy to swallow. I have no side effects from this medication. I use it to prevent serious urinary tract and bladder infections. I take it after sexual intercourse and it does prevent UTI's for me. I wouldn't want to live without this medication.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2008 1:49 PM