User Reviews for Tasigna

Learn more about Tasigna.

Tasigna review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.

Reviews for Tasigna to treat Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia

Review by jj mn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Brought my BCR ABL levels down where Gleevec and Sprycel didn't, at least for my specific situation. I had to waste 9 months of treatment to find out Tasigna was the right medicine for me. Lucky I worked so hard to fight for it that is what it takes. Works great for ph refractory on other medicines before transplant.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Alexis7092:

I was diagnosed in 2009 and started taking it while it was just a study pill. I did get joint pain pretty bad. I was in remission about a year later. The joint pain was bothersome and I had to take it for life. Well I stopped taking it in 02/2012. I told myself I was a lot better. Well guess what my leukemia is back. I need to go see my doctor again and need to get back on it. So everyone please don't stop taking it like I did. I hope and Pray that I will fight it again and win again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2013 2:41 PM

Review by kenison:

Had a reaction ended up in hospital. Can't take it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by juditweety (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia in October of 2010. I was prescribed 600 units of Tasinga per day - 300 AM, AND 300 PM. I was in remission in 12 days - thank GOD. I am on Medicare and get help with my co-pay from PSI. I have mild nausea when I first take the pills, mild constipation and some shortness of breath, but I also have COPD. I have, been taking Tasinga for 2 1/2 yrs now and am just starting to notice my hair is thinning. I was told I have to take it for life. I thank GOD everyday for this medicine and will gladly endur the minor side efforts in exchange for a longer life.

April 21, 2013 2:52 AM

Review by sandyakk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have had a very positive experience with Tasigna. Very little side effects compared to the Gleevec. My body seems to tolerate it much better than the Gleevec.

March 30, 2013 9:23 PM

Review by Flycatcher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Tasigna since being diagnosed in November 2013. Given how I felt at the point of diagnosis, I am so happy with Tasigna. I have minor side effects and my energy level has been great. Early results are great. Time will tell.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2013 7:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Some joint pain at the beginning and constipation at first, but no problems afterwards

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2012 4:10 PM

Review by sophieleo:

After 18 months of taking Gleevec without having the best results, taking Tasigna was a gift as the side effects cannot be compared with those of Gleevec. Although after taking it for more than a year, my BCR ABL exams are going up and down and I suppose Ii have to change my meditation again.

May 24, 2012 5:31 PM

I started using Tasigna after an year of non working Gleevec. It has brought me to remission state. I am and my doctor are very happy. Yes rose comes with thorns. It has affected my hearing and I have redness and crusting around my head which turn into painful pimples. But still it is great drug which has brought me the cure.

August 3, 2011 8:11 AM

Review by Magicmack:

The timing for eating is a pain. I have become hyperthyroid as a result of this medicine, and my hands started shaking, and I lost 40 pounds. I had been hypothyroid before! I like the weight loss, but the hyperthyroidism has caused digestive problems, and my eyes bulge a bit. Have suffered drug interactions with Cipro (heart) and maybe Lexapro (acute Achilles tendonitis). Unfortunately,my Dr was not familiar with what Tasigna could do----

July 28, 2011 9:43 PM

2 years on Gleevec with minimal positive effect and maximum side effects. 3 months on Tasigna and swelling-gone, leg pain-gone, nausea-gone, I feel good. Tests show much improvement and my Doctor is now very optimistic. Twice a day regime and eating times are small problems. My libido is back.

May 13, 2011 6:32 PM

Review by McLay:

Effective drug, 12 hour thing is a pain as is the eating discipline. Must affect hemoglobin levels as feeling tired is an issue. Any effort i.e., walking up a slight incline can make you feel nauseous. Can't complain because it works for me.

March 25, 2010 5:02 PM

Review by aseli100:

I used this medicine for 3 months, after 6 years of using Gleevec/Glivec. Though it was effective at 3 months, it improved RBC and WBC, reduced pain side effects at rest in comparison with Glivec, I was further restricted in activity than with Glivec. I developed short breathing, extra heart beat which turned into ischemic problem at mid LAD.

May 20, 2009 5:33 PM

Review by Glenng805:

After taking Gleevec, this medication is much easier on the stomach: however, the potential for heart problems and strict time schedule is of concern. Time will tell.

June 26, 2008 11:08 AM