User Reviews for Tasigna

Learn more about Tasigna.

Tasigna Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.

Reviews for Tasigna to treat Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia

"Started on Gleevec in 2005, I was having hard time with side effects. Sometime early 2007 I heard they were working with Tasigna, It was under a number at that point. I asked my Doctor if I could get on the study. After some testing and paperwork, I finally got on it. Great, I had been told prior that I would never reach molecular remission. After several months on Tasigna, I received a phone call at my house late one evening. My Doctor was surprised, and happy to tell me, there were no signs of my leukemia and I was in a molecular remission. At That time they still had me on 800 mg a day. I had the typical side effects with light rash, some hair loss and some bone pain. Several years later I was reduced to 600 mg and am on that now."

Wolfs Blood (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 8, 2014

"Brought my BCR ABL levels down where Gleevec and Sprycel didn't, at least for my specific situation. I had to waste 9 months of treatment to find out Tasigna was the right medicine for me. Lucky I worked so hard to fight for it that is what it takes. Works great for ph refractory on other medicines before transplant."

jj mn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

"I was diagnosed in 2009 and started taking it while it was just a study pill. I did get joint pain pretty bad. I was in remission about a year later. The joint pain was bothersome and I had to take it for life. Well I stopped taking it in 02/2012. I told myself I was a lot better. Well guess what my leukemia is back. I need to go see my doctor again and need to get back on it. So everyone please don't stop taking it like I did. I hope and Pray that I will fight it again and win again."

Alexis7092 November 21, 2013

"Had a reaction ended up in hospital. Can't take it."

kenison July 30, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia in October of 2010. I was prescribed 600 units of Tasinga per day - 300 AM, AND 300 PM. I was in remission in 12 days - thank GOD. I am on Medicare and get help with my co-pay from PSI. I have mild nausea when I first take the pills, mild constipation and some shortness of breath, but I also have COPD. I have, been taking Tasinga for 2 1/2 yrs now and am just starting to notice my hair is thinning. I was told I have to take it for life. I thank GOD everyday for this medicine and will gladly endur the minor side efforts in exchange for a longer life. "

juditweety (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2013

"I have had a very positive experience with Tasigna. Very little side effects compared to the Gleevec. My body seems to tolerate it much better than the Gleevec."

sandyakk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2013

"I have been on Tasigna since being diagnosed in November 2013. Given how I felt at the point of diagnosis, I am so happy with Tasigna. I have minor side effects and my energy level has been great. Early results are great. Time will tell."

Flycatcher (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2013

"Some joint pain at the beginning and constipation at first, but no problems afterwards"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2012

"After 18 months of taking Gleevec without having the best results, taking Tasigna was a gift as the side effects cannot be compared with those of Gleevec. Although after taking it for more than a year, my BCR ABL exams are going up and down and I suppose Ii have to change my meditation again."

sophieleo May 24, 2012

"I started using Tasigna after an year of non working Gleevec. It has brought me to remission state. I am and my doctor are very happy. Yes rose comes with thorns. It has affected my hearing and I have redness and crusting around my head which turn into painful pimples. But still it is great drug which has brought me the cure."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

"The timing for eating is a pain. I have become hyperthyroid as a result of this medicine, and my hands started shaking, and I lost 40 pounds. I had been hypothyroid before! I like the weight loss, but the hyperthyroidism has caused digestive problems, and my eyes bulge a bit. Have suffered drug interactions with Cipro (heart) and maybe Lexapro (acute Achilles tendonitis). Unfortunately,my Dr was not familiar with what Tasigna could do----"

Magicmack July 28, 2011

"2 years on Gleevec with minimal positive effect and maximum side effects. 3 months on Tasigna and swelling-gone, leg pain-gone, nausea-gone, I feel good. Tests show much improvement and my Doctor is now very optimistic. Twice a day regime and eating times are small problems. My libido is back."

Anonymous May 13, 2011

"Effective drug, 12 hour thing is a pain as is the eating discipline. Must affect hemoglobin levels as feeling tired is an issue. Any effort i.e., walking up a slight incline can make you feel nauseous. Can't complain because it works for me."

McLay March 25, 2010

"I used this medicine for 3 months, after 6 years of using Gleevec/Glivec. Though it was effective at 3 months, it improved RBC and WBC, reduced pain side effects at rest in comparison with Glivec, I was further restricted in activity than with Glivec. I developed short breathing, extra heart beat which turned into ischemic problem at mid LAD."

aseli100 May 20, 2009

"After taking Gleevec, this medication is much easier on the stomach: however, the potential for heart problems and strict time schedule is of concern. Time will tell."

Glenng805 June 26, 2008