User Reviews for Procardia XL

Learn more about Procardia XL.

High Blood Pressure 3 reviews 261 medications

7.5
Summary of Procardia XL reviews 3 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Procardia XL

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Procardia XL (nifedipine) for High Blood Pressure: Works well for me other than the constipation it has caused since I began using it. My blood pressure was 180/90 and when combined with carvedilol, Edarbyclor XL and Procardia it is now running 120/60 average. After 30 years of very high uncontrolled hypertension it's refreshing to have BP this low. One doctor I was going to gave me a medicine that caused my BP to skyrocket to 200/100.

August 21, 2012 5:09 PM
Review by Comer: User Rating:

Procardia XL (nifedipine) for High Blood Pressure: I've been taking Procardia XL for about 4 years now. My blood pressure stays fairly consistent. The only negative is that my feet and lower legs (knees down) swell a little when I'm standing for a long time. Fluids must accumulate in my lower extremities, I don't urinate as much when I'm standing, then urinate more than usual after I lay horizontal for a while. It does do a good job controlling the blood pressure and I only have to take 1 tablet a day.

January 25, 2011 12:35 PM
Review by bobeanie: User Rating:

Procardia XL (nifedipine) for High Blood Pressure: For a month after starting this drug I was very cold especially my legs, and could not get warm, and I was very shaky and trembley. I felt miserable and didn't realize what was wrong until I stopped the drug and everything went back to normal right away.

June 22, 2009 7:43 PM