User Reviews for Serzone

Learn more about Serzone.

Depression 9 reviews 75 medications

9.7
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Serzone reviews 9 reviews 9.7

Reviews for Serzone

Review by sonnyi84:

For Depression: Was on Serzone for 10 years. The best antidepressant ever and I have been on most of them since my tour in Vietnam. No sexual side effects on like SSRI`s or SNRI`s. Then they took it off the market. Just recently went back to nefazodone. Serzone works so good.

July 23, 2012 9:35 PM

Review by harpinred:

For Anxiety: I have been using Serzone and the generic versions for over 15 years now. When the brand was pulled from the market, I tried Wellbutron, Celexa and Prozac. All three had horrible side effects and I finally found a doctor who would prescribe me the generic of Serzone again. This medication keeps me on an even keel, keeps the anxious thoughts from overwhelming me and helps me sleep at night. My liver panels are always perfect and my only side effect is that I have to take it right before I go to bed as it makes me sleepy.

March 26, 2011 1:55 PM

Review by naturalguy30:

For Depression: I was on Serzone for 6 years and it gave me my life back. It truly is a miracle medicine and should not get the bad rap. I never had any liver problems, in fact I only had dry mouth as a side-effect. It did not affect my libido or ability like the Cymbalta that I am on now. I had liver problems with Depakote ER and I don't understand why it does not get the negative press. Serzone is amazing and I am going to work with my new psychiatrist to be back on it once again. I can't wait to get my life back once again!

March 19, 2011 6:56 PM

For Depression: I love this medicine. I feel happy & energetic & nothing else helped at all.

January 21, 2010 9:27 PM

Review by marky mark:

For Depression: I started taking this drug for chronic daily headaches in 1999. Turns out they were caused by stress & serious depression. The Serzone was a miracle drug for me! I saw the world so much more clearly and without the negative lens. My headaches were gone (turns out it actually has a patent for preventing migraines!). I was on it for 8 years until I moved to a new city and had trouble finding doctors to write for it. So I was off it the last two years, and my doctor had me on awful Depakote instead. I hated it! I found a doctor this week to put me back on Nefazodone (Serzone). I look forward to ramping up the dosage and feeling alive again! It was a great drug for me without sexual side effects, which is important to many men.

December 17, 2009 12:56 PM

Review by mabe:

For Panic Disorder: I was having many panic attacks and could barely manage my life. I started Serzone with the few side effects of dry mouth, sleepiness at first, and constipation. Only the dry mouth remains. I have now been on it ten years through many major stress issues. It has kept me functional through all these, and I have avoided breakdowns that could have occurred. (On measures of stress tests, I usually rank in the "Go to the Hospital" area). No liver problems, and it is tested yearly. I have had to slightly up the dosage two years ago. I did have a horrible time in trying to quickly change to another drug when it appeared that serzone was going out of production. I am grateful for it, and wish it was more widely used

December 10, 2009 11:35 AM

For Depression: Serzone is the only one that has helped me and I've never had any liver problems that are associated with it. It makes me feel better right away. Really though I am certifiably depressed and it works. If nothing else works then try this. If the ones you are on work, then by all means don't, thanks.

September 21, 2009 3:38 PM

For Depression: It is one of best of the many I have tried over the last twenty years. Many others either eliminated libido and/or stopped working after a relatively short time. The only side effect noticed is oily skin.

July 21, 2009 6:17 PM

Review by NCCHICK:

For Depression: I have just started on Serzone (Nefazodone) after reading up on it. I have tried so many other SSRI's that did not work so I am hoping that this class of drug will. I wish people wouldn't worry about the the liver issue. Depakote and Cymbalta both have the same risk but they haven't been pulled off the market due to the bad rap. I decided to try Serzone regardless of the liver issue. I will have my liver checked at least every 6 months and if it becomes abnormal, I will stop taking Serzone. No big deal. It is as simple as that. But I read that the risk is only about 1 in 250,000. I will take those odds if this drug really helps me. So far I feel drowsy but I can live with that. The alternative is debilitating fatigue and horrible negativity.

July 8, 2009 10:20 AM

Review by Hope628:

For Depression: I have taken this antidepressant for as long as it has been on the market. It was and remains the only antidepressant that works for me. It has almost zero side effects when compared to the Tri-cyclics, SSRIs and SNRIs that I tried before this drug. It is in a class by itself and unfortunately will probably remain so. This antidepressant gave me back my life, calmed my panic attacks and even helped with social phobia. It is too bad that it has been given such a bad rap that it is hardly prescribed anymore.

May 27, 2009 8:56 PM

This medicine helped me when others didn't, and I had no side effects.

March 12, 2009 8:09 AM

Review by mumchik:

For Depression: I took this drug for 8 months and it cured my depression which is usually unheard of. When I asked for it again several years later for post-partum after having my last child I was told it was taken off the market. Why?? Because it actually CURED people - I don't get it.

March 1, 2009 12:38 AM