User Reviews for Nebivolol

Also known as: Bystolic

Learn more about Nebivolol.

Mitral Valve Prolapse 5 reviews 12 medications

8.7
High Blood Pressure 113 reviews 207 medications

7.4
Summary of Nebivolol reviews 118 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Nebivolol

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "This was horrible. It did fix my blood pressure, but while on it I fainted once and I didn't have the energy to work outside. I'm 38 and it made me feel like an old man. It took several weeks to ween off and another month to feel 90% better. My eye is still twitching after being off of this for a month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Experienced constant pvc's and pacs. Heart palpitations constantly. Fluttering in your chest where you can't sleep."

Abc 123 August 19, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Bystolic saved my lifeI had atrial fib which was out of control. Metoprolol another beta blockers and one calcium blocker didn't get me below 100 with my atrial fib. Plus they had horrible side effects, depression on metoprolol. Bystolic has me at 70 pulse with no mental health side effects at all. NO anxiety or depression. I sleep better (although I nap still) . A miracle drug. Insurance company tried for years not to pay, saying it was for high blood pressure only and I didn't have that. I could go back to work for god's sakes. I'm just glad I can afford it."

mendoman (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 54 years old non-smoker, 5'8"/145 lbs & healthy all of my life. Developed labile hypertension 5 years ago. Dr. first prescribed 25mg metoprolol in 2010, dose increased to 50mg in 1/2014. BP was controlled on Metoprolol but still not always ideal. Dr. felt metoprolol was the best med, since it has been around for decades with a proven track record. New dr. this past April gave me some samples of 5mg Bystolic. I have been taking it for about 6 weeks and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! No fatigue, no depressed feeling & better exercise tolerance-HIGHLY recommend. BP great! Give yourself 2-3weeks to adjust to new med. Drawback it is more expensive than Metoprolol, but it's worth it."

Momofgigi June 15, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Had rapid wt. gain. Headache & fatigue. I was able to get it free."

Anonymous June 9, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "34 y/o female on HBP meds since severe bacterial infection wiped out 3/4 of kidney function 5 years ago. Had been on 100mg/day of Metoprolol and it caused mind-numbing fatigue and fogginess, and frankly I realize now I was over-medicated. Doc switched me to 5mg/day Bystolic and I felt like a new woman overnight! No fatigue and only noticeable side effect (like someone else mentioned) was that it knocked back my libido some, which wasn't a terrible thing and isn't affecting me that much. I can get through a work day without taking a nap at lunch and actually have a life after hours now. I'm glad I took a chance on this med!"

nckhella (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "With all the blood pressure medications I've taken over the last 15 years, specifically beta blockers, Bystolic has been the best match for me. I was originally placed on beta blockers to control the rate of my heart since I have PSVT's, which also increased my BP during those episodes. While I do work nights, I have gained weight since taking beta blockers. With Bystolic I do feel less tired and able to keep moving, climb stairs easier, my weight gain has stopped. My BP is usually 120's/70-80. The cons of this drug, and to be fair, all beta blockers, I have horrendous nightmares. I have to take a sleeping pill, Lunesta, for that!"

Marz2u (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Severe diarrhea after starting."

Scrapbox (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking bystolic 5mg for 2 years. I originally started on metoprolol 100mg.. I had tons of problems and side effects. My doctor switched me to bystolic, and irate best thing that ever happened to me I researched it and found nothing but bad reviews online,I was worried. But after 2 years.. I'm still happy,normal pressure,never any side effects or symptoms. Systolic is a little more pricey... But I can live my life,and not be worried about symptom triggers or drowsiness..Bystolic is my wonder drug!"

daddy o maley February 28, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed to chronic hypertension and POTS at age 15, after trying a few different beta blockers I was put on 10 mg and generally maintain a 110/70 BP. I've been on Bystolic for 7 years and would highly recommend it."

Kmr06 February 3, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Started having bad headaches for 2 weeks and realized blood pressure was high. I started taking Bystolic and headaches went away and I have no side effects. My BP is the best it's ever been. I take 5mg daily and have been taking for 4 months"

JJRAM (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2015

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medicine less than 2 years....5mg, recently changed to 2.5mg per day. I have had no side effects, feel great. I do have more energy most likely because my blood pressure is where it is suppose to be. I am a female in my early 50's & this is my first experience with blood pressure meds."

arw December 11, 2014

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Great stuff, best blood pressure medicine so far. Almost no side effect, alas libido. If you are a jealous type and its killing you that your girlfriend is partying without you ... this is the medicine to take. It reduces sexual desire to a degree where you don't care. It's strange, because I have (had) a good sex drive. It's almost like the female world lost her power over me."

Tor123 June 30, 2014

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this medication for high blood pressure. It DID lower my blood pressure, and for about 6 weeks I had almost no adverse reaction. I was prescribed 10 mg, but only took 5mg because I am sensitive to medicines and anesthetics. Vivid dreams, insomnia, sleepiness during the day were tolerable, but I soon developed double vision, pain in my upper body, a rash and increasing weakness and balance problems. I weaned myself off slowly--my last dose was in February 2014--I still have tremors, difficulty walking and extreme weakness. I cannot recommend Bystolic."

DennSaw June 3, 2014

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have limited experience with any other Blood Pressure medications but reading the comments I see the patterns I've experienced on Bystolic (10mg before bed every night). Intermittent restless sleep, occasional neck and shoulder pains, inconsistent blood pressure readings ranging from an ideal 120/80 to spikes around 160/100. Intermittent bouts of extreme fatigue. I think my problem might be either inconsistent dose effectiveness (i.e. some of my pills might not be as strong as they're supposed to be) or I need to be on smaller doses twice a day to even out the effects. I'll check with my doctor."

Durtly May 25, 2014

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Took metropolol for 8 years with hydrochlorothiazide and suffered severe migraines until a med check doctor told me about the side effects from it plus my blood pressure never dropped below 177/112 in all the time I was on it. Changed doctors and was put on Bystolic and the hydrochlorothiazide and I never had the urge To go to the bathroom. Had to force myself to go. My feet and legs cramp all the time. I don't get headaches and my blood pressure dropped to 128/80 was the lowest but I stopped taking the water pill so I can go to the bathroom. It may be wrong but at least I'm peeing."

Kilby588 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2014

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Fine at 5mg dose, but when upped to 10 mg broke out in a severe rash over whole body."

ellie54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2013

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I was on metoprolol 100 for about 1 year it caused anxiety, heart palpitations, dizziness, tiredness a general ill/ bad feeling. My doctor finally offered new medicines and the Bystolic 10mg is the best thing that could have happened for me. I was nervous at first because of my experience with other beta blockers, honestly apart from taking it every morning, I forget I have a condition. No side effects! When I was researching Bystolic I found bad reviews but after using it for 3 months now, I had to leave positive remarks. What a great medicine. "

Timbo delaslice October 14, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on and off this medicine for two years now, finally reducing the dose to 1/2 of a 2.5 mg pill every two days. This is the only Blood Pressure medicine so far that I feel good and normal, no pressure in head or headaches, Blood Pressure good, UNTIL I start with severe pain mainly in my upper and lower back but also my neck, which eventually ends up in muscle weakness. This has happened numerous times over the past two years. Thus the stopping and starting again. I play tennis a few times a week, but when the weakness starts, I am in so much pain that I cannot play again for several days and eventually will start experiencing muscle strains or pulls or just can't adequately move my legs to run. Avapro, Benicar and Crestor caused the same problems."

BS72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2013

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "58 year old male caucasian, overweight, non smoker, non diabetic, low total cholesterol, low HDL, high Triglyceride. Been on Diovan HCTZ 320/25 for years. In last year, 2nd blood pressure medicine -amlodipine was prescribed to hold 130/80 on average. Developed severe leg swelling at 10 months. Switched to toprolol but developed fatigue, then switched to Bystolic 5 mg/day about two months ago. Immediate dramatic reduction in blood pressure to 110/60. No problems in energy level. Heart rate is definitely lower and gets very low (down to 45 bpm when awaking) but no other adverse symptoms. Feel great so far. I feel somewhat calmer. BP has started to climb back to 125/70 in last week. Very pleased so far"

Texas Expat July 19, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 66 yrs old Caucasian male, who's suffered an increase in blood pressure from my late 50's. In reading the reviews I've realized how many side effects I've been experiencing. Swollen feet and ankles, Chronic tiredness, Multiple night time awakenings, Leg cramps, Significantly decreased libido. This last effect is what grabbed my attention most severely, so I will stop taking Bystolic. "

Brainmagic (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2013

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have taken several beta blockers over the years and they all have various side effects. I recently switched to Bystolic and my experience has been wonderful. I have not experienced any negative side effects. I have more energy, my heartbeat is steady. I have also been able to exercise without getting tired, which has helped me to lose weight. This medicine also seems to be working well with the thyroid medicine I take. It is a little more expensive but well worth the cost."

lww (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have had no side effects with Bystolic @ 5 mg dosage......"

margie K (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2013

Bystolic (nebivolol) for Mitral Valve Prolapse: "I have mitral valve prolapse, female, 42. I started Bystolic, 5mg, a couple weeks ago, no palpitations, no dizziness, no headaches, no fatigue. My sleep is off a bit, but other than that, I feel great."

ladybug2634 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2013

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "48 y/o male with blood pressure averaging 156/102 with spikes to 200 /110 . This medicine helped stabilize my blood pressure to about 115/65 now. No major side effects but need to watch my glucose level since its a Beta blocker."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2012

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next