User Reviews for Naratriptan

Also known as: Amerge

Learn more about Naratriptan.

Migraine 16 reviews 76 medications

9.1
Summary of Naratriptan reviews 16 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Naratriptan

Review by CCM1070 (taken for less than 1 month):

naratriptan for Migraine: Today is the first time I've taken one of the 9 pills my doctor prescribed. It seems to take awhile to kick in. However, now that it has, I'm extremely mellow with a goofier look on my face then normal. As far as the pain, it seems to stop the pain from spreading. BUT, it also keeps my pain in the area in which it started. That being my shoulder. I have odd migraines and they start in my shoulders or behind my eyes. I guess I can't complain as the worst part of the headaches are when they spread all over. This is now confined to one area. I took it at 7:45. It's now 9:21. Time will tell. I've also noticed a tingling or the overwhelming sensation to stretch my arms out. Yeah. I'm definitely high.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 9:23 AM
Review by CLBM (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: My favorite migraine medication is Relpax, which isn't covered by my insurance. Imitrex didn't work for me hardly at all. So, when Amerge came out and my insurance covered it for a reasonable co-pay, I tried it. I will give naratriptan credit for working well. It does knock out my migraines, which is more than I can say for Imitrex. However, it takes a solid hour or more to work, and during that time, my migraines often have a chance to brutally worsen. Relpax is still my favorite by far when I can get my hands on it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2014 3:17 PM
Review by abueno: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: After years of trying numerous medications (none ever working the way Midrin did) and wanting something I could function on, but would get rid of/or at least lessen my pain I tried Amerge for the first time last night. I took it around 6:00pm with food, and within 20 minutes I was crashed out on the sofa. I woke up almost 2 hours later with stomach cramps, a very fast heartbeat, an extreme confusion. My husband was talking to me, but I could neither understand him nor could I put words together. I tried to stand up to say goodnight to my daughter, and I walked directly into our coffee table and almost fell over. It took a good hour before I felt like myself. However, my headache was gone! I don't know if the side effects are worth it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 17, 2013 1:24 PM
Review by latnahc: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: Amerge (naratriptan) is the only medicine that has worked for me. I have suffered from migraines for 27 years.

January 15, 2013 12:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: About 5 years ago my doctor prescribed Amerge and I have used it ever since. I have been a migraine sufferer for the past 15 years and this is the medication that works the best for me. 2 years ago my health insurance decided to no longer cover the medication and I had to try to find another. It was awful. I did not realize how much more effective Amerge was than the other medicines. I highly recommend this product.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 11, 2011 9:37 AM
Review by migraingrrl: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: 5 yrs ago, I got Amerge after trying almost every other medication available. My migraines tend to come back within 4-6 hours with Imitrex, but the Amerge would keep it gone. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time getting my insurance to cover it. Another good thing about the Amerge is that it didn't seem to have the photophobia effect after I took it. Also wouldn't knock me out or make me feel groggy. It was like taking a vitamin and then my life could just go on as planned! I really hope that insurance companies get better at covering effective medications for their patients. I also wish I could just afford the $200 or whatever for 9 pills.

November 20, 2010 2:55 AM
Review by CBC212: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: Works great if you catch on early onset. Headache goes away in 2 hours. Using for years and it's worked the best.

November 11, 2010 2:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: Conquers the headache in about 2 hours and keeps it away for a day. Slower to work than Imitrex but lasts longer for me.

January 8, 2010 10:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: Wonderful long acting triptan. I have tried just about everything for my migraines and this is the only medication that keeps them gone. I have also noticed less issues with nausea with this medication over some of the others in it's class. I have yet to need the second dose and it seems to relieve my major symptoms within an hour with the headache entirely gone within two hours. Expensive as it is I believe it is definitely worth the money.

January 2, 2010 7:38 AM
Review by jalyso: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: I love the fact that it's a long-acting triptan! Keeps the beasts from trying to return, as they're prone to do on the short-acting triptans.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 16, 2009 8:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: Amerge is the only thing I have found that works for my migraines. I have had migraines daily for over 3 years and eventually everything has quit working for me except the Amerge so I would recommend it to anyone. This drug has truly saved my life.

May 10, 2009 7:37 PM
Review by dill-pickle: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: This product works very well for me. I suffer bad headaches brought on by TMJ syndrome. Most times, I am completely pain free within 2 hours after taking a single dose. I have never had to take a second dose.

February 5, 2009 3:27 PM

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: This is the miracle migraine pill. Expensive but works 90% of the time even if the headache has already started.

July 3, 2008 1:47 PM
Review by jennienell: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered with migraines for over 10 years, was presribed Imatrex, which gave some relief, before being given Amerge. Usually the migraine would return within 4 hours. My headaches usually last between 4-5 days. With Amerge, if taken at the first sign of the headache, I can have relief for 24 hours at a time. Much better control. Side effects are very minimal, some nausea, but hard to tell from the migraine itself. Try it, it's is definitely worth it. Also, see if there are food triggers.

May 13, 2008 10:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: this medicine works great I have tried so many others and this is the only one that truly worked for me.

March 25, 2008 7:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: I have used Amerge for years for migraines and it has been great.

March 5, 2008 9:53 AM