User Reviews for Naprosyn

Learn more about Naprosyn.

Costochondritis 3 reviews 42 medications

5.9
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bursitis 0 reviews 96 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fever 0 reviews 372 medications Not rated - Be the first
Frozen Shoulder 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gout, Acute 0 reviews 82 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naprosyn reviews 22 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Naprosyn

Review by BAD_BA:

For Sciatica: This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.

May 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by In lotsofpain:

For Back Pain: This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better.

April 11, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by kristaphee:

For Pain: I had ongoing pain and swelling for a full year after knee surgery to repair three rips in my right knee. It felt like bone rubbing on bone, felt hot to the touch with swelling After going through narcotics and Motrin for swelling, I worked on accepting that I would be dealing with this for a long time as a chronic condition. After my 1st dose of 500 mg of Naprosyn, it was a Godsend. For the 1st time in a year, my knee actually felt normal.

March 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Review by sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Osteoarthritis: This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects.

February 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by North coast:

For Pain: Had a pain in left knee develop rather quickly. I am 70 and Dr. said was most likely arthritis. Prescribed Naproxyn and it worked very well for that knee. I have a bad right knee also that has been bad for 30 years and is getting worse. I hoped it would too get some relief but it has not. Curious about that. No noticeable side effects.

August 11, 2013 11:38 AM

Review by Frmarty (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Tendonitis: I have Achilles tendonitis and this does not relieve the pain too much.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2013 7:15 AM

Review by Starman37:

For Tendonitis: Fell onto my shoulder off my sons skate board, initially felt no discomfort, but my shoulder a week or so after began to become painful, enough to stop me swimming. Waited 3 months for it to go, no reduction on pain, went to doctor who prescribed Naprosyn within a day or two pain had eased, carried on for 2 weeks and now swim regularly, very slight discomfort but take remaining pills as and when needed, but discomfort so small rarely have to take them. Negatives, I think when taking medication I suffered stomach discomfort.

February 14, 2013 3:51 AM

Review by danielle1974:

For Pain: I have occasional stomach upset but its nice not to hurt. I take it three times a day and at night. I take it with Flexeril.

November 1, 2012 10:19 PM

Review by Rhino747 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: Back pain from accident squared away after second dose. The pain went all the way to my foot and up my back into my neck and shoulder. Just started medicine today!!! 10/11/2012

October 11, 2012 8:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Back Pain: Made a big difference in my hip and knee pain

August 28, 2012 11:04 PM

Review by deda0627 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Does not help with my chronic pelvic pain.

August 20, 2012 10:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Naproxen has not worked for me at all. It is just like taking Advil or Aleve.

July 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Review by shamika:

For Costochondritis: It took a few weeks before I felt any difference in my chest pain but it helps relieve some of the pain so I could lay down and sleep at night.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2012 12:52 PM

Review by Les123:

For Osteoarthritis: Did its job but made me lethargic.

December 6, 2009 11:19 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I've had RA for 4 years. 500mg naproxen tablets were my first treatment. They definitely helped the day get better and be able to function daily. However, they did not stop the morning stiffness and pain or the build up of inflamation in my body. I definitely needed a more serious drug to stop the progression of the disease.

November 3, 2009 6:27 AM

For Osteoarthritis: Helped the inflammation and pain, but gave me insomnia.

October 7, 2009 11:47 AM

Review by keenekid:

For Tendonitis: I was amazed at how quickly my pain was reduced, after just 3 doses of Naprosyn. I had suffered from the pain of tendonitis in my thumb/hand for 5 weeks before taking the medicine. Of course I wish I had seen the doctor weeks ago.

June 9, 2009 9:43 PM

For Pain: I use it for long-term muscle swelling and back discomfort. It works pretty good for the most part, it doesn't fix all the pain, but it definitely makes it more tolerable.

May 8, 2009 3:56 PM

Review by JAMES H:

For Costochondritis: It helps a lot. Try to avoid prolonged use. Side effects can be severe.

February 25, 2009 1:46 AM

Review by smilesandsunhine:

For Tendonitis: In 2 doses my pain was at a 2 and the use of my arms were at 90%.

February 5, 2009 12:27 AM

Review by 1947model:

For Osteoarthritis: I can certainly tell a difference when I don't take Naprosyn. I take 500 mg twice a day if needed.

December 11, 2008 4:36 PM

Review by Nigel Hunni:

For Costochondritis: It is good.

August 28, 2008 4:51 AM