User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Sciatica

Review by Daisy304: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.

October 7, 2013 12:55 PM
Review by Psyatica: User Rating:

naproxen: Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 1, 2013 7:16 PM
Review by j.paul C.: User Rating:

naproxen: I have had very big problems. Been taking Norco and muscle relaxers. I stopped taking the Norcos..didn't help! I went to the ER and was given naproxen and soma. Thank you. After two 500mg pills and 1 day of taking them, I can move. No pain in my hip and I can work.

June 1, 2013 3:53 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

naproxen: At first I took Ibuprofen but that does nothing for Sciatica. I went to the doctor because I could not walk and our physician said that Ibuprofen doesn't work for this, Naproxen does. So about 500 mg and wow, it's fantastic. Take it with buttermilk, yogurt, or a yogurt drink to keep your stomach in good shape.

May 27, 2012 12:11 PM
Review by Leon Saper (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 2, 2012 4:42 AM
Review by Cmatcmat: User Rating:

Naprelan (naproxen): Sciatica pain since June. October started Naproxen 500 and obvious changes. No pain from back to calf, can stand for longer periods of time without pain and leg numbness. Very happy.

November 8, 2011 6:32 PM
Review by Cabqeen007: User Rating:

Naproxen Sodium DS (naproxen): Naproxen works pretty well, except that it tends to wear off well before the next dose is due. It works for about 8 or 9 hours and then begins wearing off.

January 30, 2011 4:20 PM
Review by y0man: User Rating:

naproxen: I recently acquired sciatica and it is painful at times. Usually at the end of the day after walking. I started a new job that has stairs everywhere (along with elevators) Using the stairs everyday seems to have helped it (hanging on to the rails). But, the Naproxen twice a day is helping me to use the stairs. Naproxen once a day wasn't cutting it. Just one floor at a time, then the elevator. I'm convinced that the inflammation is the culprit as it causes tendons to become sticky and grind tendons against muscles when moving causing pain incrementally as the day progresses. I had a motorcycle accident and landed hard on my toosh.

January 19, 2011 8:29 PM
Review by Lansingite: User Rating:

Aleve (naproxen): A surgeon recommended that I have a procedure to deal with the effects of several ruptured disks in my lower back. I prefer to put off the surgery for as long as I can, and use Aleve on an almost daily basis. It works just fine for me, and I only have an incident about every 1.5 years, and usually because I overdo the yard work. When it gets very bad, I supplement with an anti spasmodic drug for a few days.

November 18, 2009 7:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

naproxen: It works phenomenally. However, 2 a day doesn't keep the pain away for 24 hours.

May 19, 2009 10:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Naprelan (naproxen): I am currently taking Celebrex and Prednisone for my Sciatica, 12 days now and no relief. Desperate for pain relief I took 1 naproxen 500mg. Thank God I did. The pill is a little hard to swallow, and it may make you a little nauseous but it will definitely ease the pain and will allow you to get some much needed sleep.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2009 7:22 AM