User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by Popolopo:

Took my first 500mg pill last night after supper, really feel good this morning, no pain when sleeping. Will post again in a week to update.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen): I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Naprosyn (naproxen): This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects.

February 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by James Muscat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am young and have been suffering from severe to extreme neck pain resulting in debilitating headaches for as long as I can remember. I have done every natural therapy known to me including myotherapy, acupuncture, deep tissue massage, Bowen therapy, chiropractic and osteopathy therapy, etc. The therapy alone was costing me $800 a month plus pain killing medications. I started to believe I was addicted to codeine because I associated it with withdrawal like symptoms. I then went back to my GP and was told to have X-rays including an MRI after seeing a rheumatologist specialist. Diagnosed with cervical osteoarthritis and also osteoarthritis in my hip. Last winter I couldn't even put on my undies. Naprosyn saved me! Simple.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Review by Rosie 59 (taken for less than 1 month):

Naprelan (naproxen): Takes away swelling from knee post-surgery.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2013 2:28 PM

I take this for significant pain caused by osteoarthritis. Before my GP put me on it I was losing every morning to barely being able to walk on my knee due to the pain. Started seeing results in less than 24 hours. I was prescribed another medicine with it to prevent side effects, and some other pain killers so sometimes a bit ashamed of the combination, but for the first time in years I am almost entirely pain free all day every day.

October 16, 2012 4:37 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Naprelan (naproxen): Works great. No noticable side effects. Cost is pretty high, but my insurance covers it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2012 9:21 PM

Naprelan (naproxen): Works great. Love it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2012 9:15 PM

Naprelan (naproxen): Works GREAT. Take it once a day and I'm done. Cost is outrageous though.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 7:33 PM

Review by cheekyw:

I have been taking Naproxen for 7 months 500mg and it is very effective but does have an impact on the stomach. I recently caught gastroenteritis and what normally lasts for 48 hours lasted 11 days, which may have been down to my weakened stomach lining. I was dehydrated and lost 1.5 stone. I am now going to try and manage the pain with ibuprofen and paracetamol.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2011 5:24 AM

Review by Boson:

I've used naproxen sodium for five years (500 - 1000mg daily as needed) with no side effects. I am 66 years old.

March 10, 2011 10:08 AM

Aleve (naproxen): My hip and shoulder have hurt for years and I have always taken Bayer aspirin and I tried Aleve arthritis gelcap. To my surprise the pain in my hip and shoulder went away for 8 hours. The only thing I don't know is how long I could take the stuff, the bottle said do not take for longer than 10 days. The warning label about it could cause stroke or heart attack did raise questions.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2010 2:21 PM

I suffer from severe arthritis due in part to extensive cervical fusion. About 2 months ago my doctor prescribed Naproxen and I am pleasantly surprised with the results so far. While I am not a fan of NSAIDs *any* relief from this pain is worth the risk. It doesn't do much for breakout pain but when I get that nagging pain in my neck it does help, but only in conjunction with a pain killer.

December 7, 2009 7:13 PM

Review by Les123:

Naprosyn (naproxen): Did its job but made me lethargic.

December 6, 2009 11:19 PM

Review by freebiedee:

Aleve (naproxen): I take one Aleve in the morning, one at night and can't believe the relief I've experienced from painful, arthritic knees.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2009 9:59 PM

Naprosyn (naproxen): Helped the inflammation and pain, but gave me insomnia.

October 7, 2009 11:47 AM

Review by randyd2468:

I took Naproxen for eight months before my doctor associated it with the severe side effect of my throat swelling and the feeling of something stuck in my throat, stomach bleeding and neck pain and enduring an oesophagoscopy.

June 17, 2009 7:12 AM

Review by Henkat:

This drug works very well on alleviating the osteoarthritis pain but once in a while I get a side effect. Specifically, it is stomach upset, and randomly it is a metallic taste in my mouth.

March 27, 2009 2:01 PM

Effective 12 hour pain medicine but caused significant long term gastro-intestinal disruption.

February 10, 2009 9:36 AM

Review by 1947model:

Naprosyn (naproxen): I can certainly tell a difference when I don't take Naprosyn. I take 500 mg twice a day if needed.

December 11, 2008 4:36 PM

Review by Lululovesu:

I have been using Naproxen 500mg for a heel spur and it turns out it is working on my knee cap arthritis. I eat well and then take the pill with milk so not to kill the lining of my stomach. This pill is a wonder drug for treating arthritis especially on the knee cap. I will have to tell my doctor when I see him for my last Orthovisc injection. It has made a huge difference for me.

October 8, 2008 2:05 AM

Review by puddinpie:

Naprelan (naproxen): My Dr. prescribed Naprelan for me on March 10th..By March 12th. my condition had improved 85%!!! Ladybugluv

March 12, 2008 8:19 PM

Naproxen has helped my pain a lot. Just remember to take it with food.

March 2, 2008 11:57 AM