User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Headache

Aleve (naproxen): "Wow has this changed my life. I was a long time sufferer of migraines and headaches. Advil and tynelols are like candy to me now and don't do a thing to relief pain. Even heavy prescribed migraine drugs by my doctor did not work as much as Aleve does! It is simply, for my part, miraculous! It works 99.9% of the time. It works to prevent a headache when I feel it coming. It also works to break the headache or migraine when it is already ongoing and painful. And most of the time, a single pill works. I have to say I really hope my body doesn't come used to Aleve and therefore making it less effective. So far, after a little more than a year taking Aleve, it still is perfectly effective in my case. Don't hesitate to try!"

C.Leblanc August 29, 2015

"I have taking naproxen 500mg for migraine it alleviated a lil bit of the pain. But I did not see full recovery but it worked for my 14yr old son it took his headache away."

jpuertorican (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

"When I first started using naproxen for migraines it really worked quickly and fast but now I take it and it does not work at all.."

Milena9759 July 31, 2015

"I had never hard of naproxen sodium before but I had a bad headache at work and my friend gave it to me. It worked well and fast. I would definitely take it again."

headache rob July 27, 2015

Aleve (naproxen): "My head and base of the neck started hurting three days ago. The pain also moved from place to place and so abnormal that I scheduled a doctor's appointment...for next week. This pain even made my "hair" hurt. Felt like spots in the central back part of my head had been "bruised" and again, the pain location changed from the back center of head to my upper neck to the back of ears and then to the top. Prescription pain medicine left over from a surgery didn't help. Last night I took 3 Aleve out of desperation. Fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling much, much better. Will still see my doctor but won't be a crazy person by the time I get there."

Elise48 July 25, 2015

"I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2013

"I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig."

Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2013

"I was prescribed Naproxen for menstral cramps due to Endometriosis, but it works wonders on headaches!"

Southrn Bell July 13, 2013

"I have my headaches mostly under control with Vivactil. But I do occasionally feel one coming on and for that I am now taking naproxen. Used to take Vicodin. No more. I went from almost daily killer headaches to an occasional now and so far, one naproxen has worked."

chinpdx June 30, 2013

"I suffered severe and excruciating pain, sensitiveness to light, nausea, vomiting cold sweats every morning due to migraines. I tried almost every pain medicine in the book and only found relief when the Dr. prescribed Naprosyn, I can't remember the dosage, sorry. But it was a 12 hour pill so I was able to take it at night and not have to wait 20 minutes of pain like other medicines to kick in. it really was a God send for me!"

Dee247 May 25, 2013

"Calms my Migraines a bit, but then they go back to normal or even worse. Not the best medication for me."

Chelsea42396 January 5, 2013

Aleve (naproxen): "Caused vomiting and gave me worst headache."

Anonymous August 20, 2011

"I do have extremely severe headaches and this drug tends to give relief more often than not. A bit surprised and concerned about the side effects warnings."

finmba October 6, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): "Very few (one, normally) will cure any headache I have had."

sholbrook August 3, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): "Only thing that works for me."

WarmIce52 June 6, 2009

"This is a great drug. It is fast acting and effective. I get severe migraines and this drug works really well. It stops it in its tracks, which a blessing to me as some of my migraines last 3 days."

Anonymous August 18, 2008

"Take one Naproxen 500 for severe sinus headaches. Within 20 minutes you are back to normal. The best drug ever invented!"

ang2 June 26, 2008

Naprelan (naproxen): "I have TMJ and it was causing severe headaches. I was given Naprelan to take down the inflammation in my jaw. Within two days I was feeling much better and could even open my mouth wider."

NanaBecky March 8, 2008