User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 285 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Headache

"I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2013

"I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig."

Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2013

"I was prescribed Naproxen for menstral cramps due to Endometriosis, but it works wonders on headaches!"

Southrn Bell July 13, 2013

"I have my headaches mostly under control with Vivactil. But I do occasionally feel one coming on and for that I am now taking naproxen. Used to take Vicodin. No more. I went from almost daily killer headaches to an occasional now and so far, one naproxen has worked."

chinpdx June 30, 2013

"I suffered severe and excruciating pain, sensitiveness to light, nausea, vomiting cold sweats every morning due to migraines. I tried almost every pain medicine in the book and only found relief when the Dr. prescribed Naprosyn, I can't remember the dosage, sorry. But it was a 12 hour pill so I was able to take it at night and not have to wait 20 minutes of pain like other medicines to kick in. it really was a God send for me!"

Dee247 May 25, 2013

"Calms my Migraines a bit, but then they go back to normal or even worse. Not the best medication for me."

Chelsea42396 January 5, 2013

Aleve (naproxen): "Caused vomiting and gave me worst headache."

Anonymous August 20, 2011

"I do have extremely severe headaches and this drug tends to give relief more often than not. A bit surprised and concerned about the side effects warnings."

finmba October 6, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): "Very few (one, normally) will cure any headache I have had."

sholbrook August 3, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): "Only thing that works for me."

WarmIce52 June 6, 2009

"This is a great drug. It is fast acting and effective. I get severe migraines and this drug works really well. It stops it in its tracks, which a blessing to me as some of my migraines last 3 days."

Anonymous August 18, 2008

"Take one Naproxen 500 for severe sinus headaches. Within 20 minutes you are back to normal. The best drug ever invented!"

ang2 June 26, 2008

Naprelan (naproxen): "I have TMJ and it was causing severe headaches. I was given Naprelan to take down the inflammation in my jaw. Within two days I was feeling much better and could even open my mouth wider."

NanaBecky March 8, 2008