User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Headache

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life.

December 27, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig.

December 13, 2013 3:42 PM

Review by Southrn Bell:

I was prescribed Naproxen for menstral cramps due to Endometriosis, but it works wonders on headaches!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by chinpdx:

I have my headaches mostly under control with Vivactil. But I do occasionally feel one coming on and for that I am now taking naproxen. Used to take Vicodin. No more. I went from almost daily killer headaches to an occasional now and so far, one naproxen has worked.

June 30, 2013 2:50 PM

Review by Dee247:

I suffered severe and excruciating pain, sensitiveness to light, nausea, vomiting cold sweats every morning due to migraines. I tried almost every pain medicine in the book and only found relief when the Dr. prescribed Naprosyn, I can't remember the dosage, sorry. But it was a 12 hour pill so I was able to take it at night and not have to wait 20 minutes of pain like other medicines to kick in. it really was a God send for me!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 4:56 AM

Review by Chelsea42396:

Calms my Migraines a bit, but then they go back to normal or even worse. Not the best medication for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2013 3:51 PM

Aleve (naproxen): Caused vomiting and gave me worst headache.

August 20, 2011 11:58 PM

Review by finmba:

I do have extremely severe headaches and this drug tends to give relief more often than not. A bit surprised and concerned about the side effects warnings.

October 6, 2009 1:29 AM

Review by sholbrook:

Aleve (naproxen): Very few (one, normally) will cure any headache I have had.

August 3, 2009 4:24 PM

Review by WarmIce52:

Aleve (naproxen): Only thing that works for me.

June 6, 2009 12:12 AM

This is a great drug. It is fast acting and effective. I get severe migraines and this drug works really well. It stops it in its tracks, which a blessing to me as some of my migraines last 3 days.

August 18, 2008 2:37 AM

Review by ang2:

Take one Naproxen 500 for severe sinus headaches. Within 20 minutes you are back to normal. The best drug ever invented!

June 26, 2008 11:22 AM

Review by NanaBecky:

Naprelan (naproxen): I have TMJ and it was causing severe headaches. I was given Naprelan to take down the inflammation in my jaw. Within two days I was feeling much better and could even open my mouth wider.

March 8, 2008 2:57 PM