User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 6 reviews 41 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 3 reviews 56 medications

2.7
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neck Pain 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 246 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Naproxen

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I only use when doing physical activity"

Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2014

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects."

sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2014

For Period Pain: "My experienced was my period was non-stop for almost 2 month. I went to my gyn and prescribed me Naproxen for pain. It was so effective that my period went away in a week. Now when my period comes I'll take it right away. Thanks Naproxen."

Miracle73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2014

For Pain: "Naproxen was prescribed (x2 250mg ) for headaches I have been getting. Didn't seem to do a thing for that. However, the aches and pains in my joints (and trigger-finger related tendons) I have had for years go away pretty quickly. I feel 250mg lasts ~6hours until the pain starts to come back."

reggieuk January 8, 2014

For Headache: "I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!"

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later."

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

For Headache: "I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig."

Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This pill is a super strength Rx form of Aleve. If you have chronic pain it's good for inflammation of the joints that narcotic meds just cover up. Take them for breakthrough pain prn with food. They can be hard on your tummy like Tylenol type meds. I've lived with severe pain since 1989. In 2003 I was crushed between my back bumper of my car after running outta gas and the front grill of a Blazer SUV. My left leg was degloved. After a long hospital stay and many surgeries they saved my leg by reconstruction. I finally found a pain management Dr after jumping thru lots of hoops. I always fear loosing my meds before. I get where I no longer needs. them one day ( I hope). Good luck to those that aren't so fortunate as to find a compassionate Dr."

katz_trippin (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2013

For Tendonitis: "Excellent medication. After taking a week of standard ibuprofen to treat tendonitis on my foot, I turned to naproxen. Within 2 doses the pain has stopped completed. A few months ago I'd had some problems with my hip and similarly within 2 doses the pain settled completely."

rmaaa October 22, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Aleve helps a lot"

Alycat001 October 17, 2013

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Pain: "I recommend if for girls if they have menstrual pain. It helps alot, 10-15 mins after I take the pill I feel no more pain!"

reviewer3434 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps."

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

For Sciatica: "Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain. "

Psyatica October 1, 2013

For Muscle Pain: "Had hip strain due to car accident. Was in severe pain for one whole day. Took one tablet of naproxen 20mg that night. Don't know where the pain went next morning! Have not taken another pill"

haria September 9, 2013

For Back Pain: "Naproxen really helped my lower back. I have no pain after taking this medicine. Just remember, everyone's body is different and will respond to medication differently. Naproxen seems to working for a lot of people."

Rev. Bobby Jones September 8, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have severe chronic pain due to a car accident. I've tried every med to curb the pain. I like this medicine, the only drawback was that it wasn't long lasting and I wish I could take it more than once a day."

Krickee August 28, 2013

For Back Pain: "I'm 17. I've been having back pains for three years on and off. One day I feel my spine and its curved. Got an appointment, recently got Xrays. Till the results I'm prescribed naproxen it works. Its very helpful I can sleep better."

Tamira August 22, 2013

For Back Pain: "Absolutely amazing! I was suffering from severe back pain, and a pulsating sciatica from some kind of disc injury (no idea, didn't have MRI). The pain changed daily. On some days, I couldn't leave my bed, and on others, I could walk, but only for a short amount of time. I went to my family doctor, and she prescribed me some Naproxen 500MG tablets. I took the dosage, and the pain was gone in absolutely no time. The dosage of 2 Naproxen Tablets will last me 2-3 days before the effects wore off. However, I still had difficulty walking for a moderate to long amount of time before the sciatica came back, and my lower back felt weak. No side effects either, so that's a plus."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2013

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Pain: "Had a pain in left knee develop rather quickly. I am 70 and Dr. said was most likely arthritis. Prescribed Naproxyn and it worked very well for that knee. I have a bad right knee also that has been bad for 30 years and is getting worse. I hoped it would too get some relief but it has not. Curious about that. No noticeable side effects."

North coast August 11, 2013

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Tendonitis: "I have Achilles tendonitis and this does not relieve the pain too much."

Frmarty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2013

For Period Pain: "First let me say how bad are the cramps for me, they are the worst, like nothing else. I just cannot function in those days, legs feel like heavy stones that can't be moved, feeling dizzy and I don't want say how bad the stomach cramps are. So I've been taking ibuprofen for last year, it helped 3/10, then I decided to try Midol, which gave me worse day of my life, I took it in an empty stomach and I didn't get rid of ANY pain, it got worse and I threw up like 10 times in that day. So I went to my doctor who gave me naproxen. I got my period 6 hours before and I took it immediately, the pain to away in 20-30 mins and I feel wonderful now, I don't even feel I'm on my period. Also I avoided caffeine in last 10-12 days, and exercised LOTS."

Gossipgirl6 July 25, 2013

For Period Pain: "I'm 31 years old and I'm in the military, I always had severe and heavy periods with really bad cramps. Before I went in the military and I had my periods, I used to just relax and take maybe 2 Advil and it would pass but now everyday I have to move and workout and endure the pain and its horrible. So when I told my friend about that she told me she was in the same situation and she gave me naproxen and it was a life saver. Now I barely feel any cramps and even my flow isn't heavy anymore! I can finally focus on my job. I am so happy this medicine works."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2013

For Headache: "I was prescribed Naproxen for menstral cramps due to Endometriosis, but it works wonders on headaches!"

Southrn Bell July 13, 2013

For Period Pain: "As I got older and 7 kids later my menstrual pain took a turn for the worst, I have severe cramping and fatigue this medication was never prescribed to me after being rushed to the emergency room numerous times. My husband was given this medication for back pain and I was in so much pain that I decided to try it. This medicine has saved my life. I will go get my own prescription!"

TracyNY July 11, 2013