User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 5 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 73 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neck Pain 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 234 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Naproxen

Review by Daisy304:

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Review by Psyatica:

For Sciatica: Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain.

October 1, 2013 7:16 PM

Review by haria:

For Muscle Pain: Had hip strain due to car accident. Was in severe pain for one whole day. Took one tablet of naproxen 20mg that night. Don't know where the pain went next morning! Have not taken another pill

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2013 4:57 AM

Review by Rev. Bobby Jones:

For Back Pain: Naproxen really helped my lower back. I have no pain after taking this medicine. Just remember, everyone's body is different and will respond to medication differently. Naproxen seems to working for a lot of people.

September 8, 2013 9:11 PM

Review by Krickee:

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have severe chronic pain due to a car accident. I've tried every med to curb the pain. I like this medicine, the only drawback was that it wasn't long lasting and I wish I could take it more than once a day.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 8:35 AM

Review by Tamira:

For Back Pain: I'm 17. I've been having back pains for three years on and off. One day I feel my spine and its curved. Got an appointment, recently got Xrays. Till the results I'm prescribed naproxen it works. Its very helpful I can sleep better.

August 22, 2013 4:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Back Pain: Absolutely amazing! I was suffering from severe back pain, and a pulsating sciatica from some kind of disc injury (no idea, didn't have MRI). The pain changed daily. On some days, I couldn't leave my bed, and on others, I could walk, but only for a short amount of time. I went to my family doctor, and she prescribed me some Naproxen 500MG tablets. I took the dosage, and the pain was gone in absolutely no time. The dosage of 2 Naproxen Tablets will last me 2-3 days before the effects wore off. However, I still had difficulty walking for a moderate to long amount of time before the sciatica came back, and my lower back felt weak. No side effects either, so that's a plus.

August 12, 2013 12:28 PM

Review by North coast:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Pain: Had a pain in left knee develop rather quickly. I am 70 and Dr. said was most likely arthritis. Prescribed Naproxyn and it worked very well for that knee. I have a bad right knee also that has been bad for 30 years and is getting worse. I hoped it would too get some relief but it has not. Curious about that. No noticeable side effects.

August 11, 2013 11:38 AM

Review by Frmarty (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Tendonitis: I have Achilles tendonitis and this does not relieve the pain too much.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2013 7:15 AM

Review by Gossipgirl6:

For Period Pain: First let me say how bad are the cramps for me, they are the worst, like nothing else. I just cannot function in those days, legs feel like heavy stones that can't be moved, feeling dizzy and I don't want say how bad the stomach cramps are. So I've been taking ibuprofen for last year, it helped 3/10, then I decided to try Midol, which gave me worse day of my life, I took it in an empty stomach and I didn't get rid of ANY pain, it got worse and I threw up like 10 times in that day. So I went to my doctor who gave me naproxen. I got my period 6 hours before and I took it immediately, the pain to away in 20-30 mins and I feel wonderful now, I don't even feel I'm on my period. Also I avoided caffeine in last 10-12 days, and exercised LOTS.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Period Pain: I'm 31 years old and I'm in the military, I always had severe and heavy periods with really bad cramps. Before I went in the military and I had my periods, I used to just relax and take maybe 2 Advil and it would pass but now everyday I have to move and workout and endure the pain and its horrible. So when I told my friend about that she told me she was in the same situation and she gave me naproxen and it was a life saver. Now I barely feel any cramps and even my flow isn't heavy anymore! I can finally focus on my job. I am so happy this medicine works.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by Southrn Bell:

For Headache: I was prescribed Naproxen for menstral cramps due to Endometriosis, but it works wonders on headaches!

July 13, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by TracyNY:

For Period Pain: As I got older and 7 kids later my menstrual pain took a turn for the worst, I have severe cramping and fatigue this medication was never prescribed to me after being rushed to the emergency room numerous times. My husband was given this medication for back pain and I was in so much pain that I decided to try it. This medicine has saved my life. I will go get my own prescription!

July 11, 2013 7:22 AM

Review by emmabastik:

For Costochondritis: Worked for pain but caused severe nausea for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 3:47 AM

Review by James Muscat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am young and have been suffering from severe to extreme neck pain resulting in debilitating headaches for as long as I can remember. I have done every natural therapy known to me including myotherapy, acupuncture, deep tissue massage, Bowen therapy, chiropractic and osteopathy therapy, etc. The therapy alone was costing me $800 a month plus pain killing medications. I started to believe I was addicted to codeine because I associated it with withdrawal like symptoms. I then went back to my GP and was told to have X-rays including an MRI after seeing a rheumatologist specialist. Diagnosed with cervical osteoarthritis and also osteoarthritis in my hip. Last winter I couldn't even put on my undies. Naprosyn saved me! Simple.

July 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Review by chinpdx:

For Headache: I have my headaches mostly under control with Vivactil. But I do occasionally feel one coming on and for that I am now taking naproxen. Used to take Vicodin. No more. I went from almost daily killer headaches to an occasional now and so far, one naproxen has worked.

June 30, 2013 2:50 PM

Review by Rosie 59 (taken for less than 1 month):

Naprelan (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: Takes away swelling from knee post-surgery.

June 30, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by j.paul C.:

For Sciatica: I have had very big problems. Been taking Norco and muscle relaxers. I stopped taking the Norcos..didn't help! I went to the ER and was given naproxen and soma. Thank you. After two 500mg pills and 1 day of taking them, I can move. No pain in my hip and I can work.

June 1, 2013 3:53 AM

Review by Dee247:

For Headache: I suffered severe and excruciating pain, sensitiveness to light, nausea, vomiting cold sweats every morning due to migraines. I tried almost every pain medicine in the book and only found relief when the Dr. prescribed Naprosyn, I can't remember the dosage, sorry. But it was a 12 hour pill so I was able to take it at night and not have to wait 20 minutes of pain like other medicines to kick in. it really was a God send for me!

May 25, 2013 4:56 AM

Review by im a aleveir:

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot.

May 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Review by Sandmeister (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Feminax Ultra for period pain, in the UK. Gets rid of gout pain immediately within 1 hour. Swelling reduced to nothing in 12 hours. Simply Awesome, can't say anything other than that.

May 20, 2013 8:40 AM

Review by Mike the bad back guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains.

May 6, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by jay1973:

For Pain: Injured my ankle one day and this caused me to sit around for two weeks. Normally, I have a very active lifestyle but sitting for two weeks caused a old knee injury to flare up. To make this short I take naproxen once every morning and have had very little pain since.

April 24, 2013 11:05 AM

Review by owlcollector (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started taking this medicine about 6 months ago. I was recently hospitalized for blood in my stools. It was found out that Naproxen was the cause. I will have to find another medicine to help with my rheumatoid arthritis. I was not aware of the side effects. I believe that this information should be more and more publicized.

February 28, 2013 9:07 PM

Review by Starman37:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Tendonitis: Fell onto my shoulder off my sons skate board, initially felt no discomfort, but my shoulder a week or so after began to become painful, enough to stop me swimming. Waited 3 months for it to go, no reduction on pain, went to doctor who prescribed Naprosyn within a day or two pain had eased, carried on for 2 weeks and now swim regularly, very slight discomfort but take remaining pills as and when needed, but discomfort so small rarely have to take them. Negatives, I think when taking medication I suffered stomach discomfort.

February 14, 2013 3:51 AM