User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 6 reviews 41 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 3 reviews 56 medications

2.7
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neck Pain 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 262 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Naproxen

Naprelan (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: "I have MS and have been taking Naprelan CR 750 mg every morning for approx. 2 years, I take every morning and within minutes I can move. My Co-pay used to be $45, we changed health insurance and now it's $250 I don't know what I am going to do now. I cannot afford this."

SLUP September 3, 2014

Anaprox (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: "I was prescribed 500mg 4 times a day..I feel no pain and able to work"

latinosrgood (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: "Took my first 500mg pill last night after supper, really feel good this morning, no pain when sleeping. Will post again in a week to update."

Popolopo August 14, 2014

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Since high school I had terrible cramps/fatigue and nausea. I wasn't able to go about my normal activities. Until I switched doctors and she prescribed me the naproxen. I take it a few days before I get my period (when I get "warning" cramps). By the time my period comes I have no nausea and no fatigue, the cramps are still there but nowhere close to how bad I feel without the naproxen. I have to take this with food, because if I don't it messes with my stomach. Easy to take."

CkE August 6, 2014

For Back Pain: "My back pain started right after the kidney infection and tried X-ray, ultrasound, and therapy (still going for therapy), and physical massages. I avoided any medicine until I felt feverish one day and took one Advil pill. As I was sitting down comfortably and had to get up to make dinner, I noticed drastic change that I was in lesser pain, but still in pain. I was able to move better than I have been in two months. The physical therapy was helping, but it was a slow progress due to my work environment that requires me to lift heavy things. The massages were a bit helpful, but I wanted it everyday sort of a thing to get a relief. I ended up taking 2 Advils, but it wasn't enough for me. I told the doctor and she gave me this! No more pain!"

Betty001 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2014

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain."

Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2014

For Gout, Acute: "3 weeks with gout (June 20th-July 12): had to use a wheelchair before I found Walgreens All Day Pain Relief 220MG, 50 Tablets. Needed 2 pills for first 12 hours and 1 pill every 12 hours. It definitely relieved!"

Furrythings (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone."

Maili (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it."

Drakester 64 May 20, 2014

For Back Pain: "I had a herniated disc some 20 years ago and have never forgotten how effective Naproxen was at alleviating my condition. The results were astounding. Walked into a doctors surgery bent over almost double with severe sciatica. Prescribed Naproxen and took it immediately. Within 60 minutes I was walking like normal! I normally don't make comments on these kinds of thing but if it works even in a small number of people like it did me I am happy to share my experience. Try it nothing to lose no side effects I was aware of."

Scottnomad (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Sciatica: "This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to."

BAD_BA May 6, 2014

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on. "

oremus May 5, 2014

For Muscle Pain: "375 mg, three times a day was prescribed for my severe muscle pull near the left hip. Took the first pill at dinner time Thursday. Pain subsided a bit, but the medicine apparently wears off after 8 hours, because pain woke me up at 4:15 am Friday. Took pills at 4:30 am, 12 noon and again 8 pm. Would estimate the pain was 1/3 less during the day. Sleep was again interrupted by hip pain: there was no positioning of the knees or legs that lessened the pain. Today, Saturday, I took a pill at 7 am and will continue to dose every 8 hours. Tomorrow I have to perform a concert while standing, so I'm counting on these to pull me through. Eager to get off these pills because of their scary effect on blood pressure."

UFO Bass May 3, 2014

For Period Pain: "So when I started getting my period at about 13 I had the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Like I'm talking over the toilet, in the shower, missing school, and stuff like that. Typically it was only the first, rarely the second, day Of my cycle I would stay home or come home in bed feeling like my insides were flipping inside out. So after a couple months of this my mom got worried and took me to the doctor who told me I should go get an ultrasound on my uterus to make sure that there wasn't extra blood flow, extra lining, or anything. This is mostly because I didn't have blood clots so she wanted to make sure there wasn't something that needed attention pronto. nothing came up in the ultrasound. So I got prescribed naproxen and it's a LIFE SAVER!!!!"

Shaolamander April 26, 2014

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: "This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better."

In lotsofpain April 11, 2014

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Pain: "I had ongoing pain and swelling for a full year after knee surgery to repair three rips in my right knee. It felt like bone rubbing on bone, felt hot to the touch with swelling After going through narcotics and Motrin for swelling, I worked on accepting that I would be dealing with this for a long time as a chronic condition. After my 1st dose of 500 mg of Naprosyn, it was a Godsend. For the 1st time in a year, my knee actually felt normal."

kristaphee March 16, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I only use when doing physical activity"

Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2014

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects."

sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2014

For Period Pain: "My experienced was my period was non-stop for almost 2 month. I went to my gyn and prescribed me Naproxen for pain. It was so effective that my period went away in a week. Now when my period comes I'll take it right away. Thanks Naproxen."

Miracle73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2014

For Pain: "Naproxen was prescribed (x2 250mg ) for headaches I have been getting. Didn't seem to do a thing for that. However, the aches and pains in my joints (and trigger-finger related tendons) I have had for years go away pretty quickly. I feel 250mg lasts ~6hours until the pain starts to come back."

reggieuk January 8, 2014

For Headache: "I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!"

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later."

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

For Headache: "I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig."

Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This pill is a super strength Rx form of Aleve. If you have chronic pain it's good for inflammation of the joints that narcotic meds just cover up. Take them for breakthrough pain prn with food. They can be hard on your tummy like Tylenol type meds. I've lived with severe pain since 1989. In 2003 I was crushed between my back bumper of my car after running outta gas and the front grill of a Blazer SUV. My left leg was degloved. After a long hospital stay and many surgeries they saved my leg by reconstruction. I finally found a pain management Dr after jumping thru lots of hoops. I always fear loosing my meds before. I get where I no longer needs. them one day ( I hope). Good luck to those that aren't so fortunate as to find a compassionate Dr."

katz_trippin (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2013