User Reviews for Naproxen (Page 3)

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 7 reviews 41 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 336 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Naproxen

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "yes I find this drug ok for my condition. Thankfully I haven't experienced any side effects at moment. I have lost weight and pain has been reduced."

Anonymous November 3, 2015

For Headache: "I have been using this drug for 2 years now. Every time I feel like I am starting a migraine, I take one pill and it kills it in no time. I have not gotten a single episode of migraine since I started to take this pill. It is magical. I used to have really bad migraines that made me vomit."

Marilou S November 1, 2015

For Back Pain: "I was proscribed 500mg tablets to help with a sprained lumbar. The pharmacist told me that at worst i would experience indigestion, and it should not be combined with other pain medication or else I'd deal with internal bleeding. What i wasn't ready for was crippling fatigue, vision impairment, nausea, urine darkening, cold sweats, and my back pain getting even worse. I looked up the side effects that the pharmacist didn't mention and found then listed under the Uncommon and Rare side effects, which means I'm just unlucky."

Young Back Pain (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Pain: "I take naproxen for jaw pain and it's really hit-or-miss. Sometimes it works like a charm, but other times it'll do absolutely nothing. It fails more often than it helps, though."

charlie the kid October 30, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I started taking this per my Doctor instead of Tylenol for lower back pain. I had stomach issues.. could not eat, vomited, severe itching on the legs and armsI "

catlover82001 October 28, 2015

For Sciatica: "Don't feel any difference with this medication 2 tablets 1 in morning 1 at night doesn't work for me at all 250mg"

Lindajmmmmmmm October 23, 2015

For Period Pain: "Suffered severe period pain doctor put me on naproxen in 2 months have no pain and no period flow it's basically stopped but side effects I got itchy hives but it's great..but doctor says pain is fibroids that have to come out I wanted to stay on naproxen but she said it's only a solution not the end result...."

Miss Buffy October 19, 2015

For Back Pain: "I am pretty sure this medication is just acid in pill form. And not the fun kind either. No. I took this medication for severe arthritis and fybromialgia and 15 minutes later my whole esophogus feels like it's on fire. I took the medication with food as prescribed and still this is the worst heartburn I have ever had in my life. I used to have severe ulcers, and I know when a medication is burning my stomach lining. No sir. No more ulcers for me thank you. I also had the alarming sensation of hearing everything while under water. I spent the whole week asking people to repeat themselves because their voices sounded muffled. That with severe ringing in the ears and persistent nausea-I quit this medication after a week."

Smbell81 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

For Pain: "Made me depressed and out of it to the point I had brain fog and was hospitalized"

yamijames (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Male - 33years old. Excruciating pain in lower SI region of my back following an aggressive 30 mile bick ride and a few days of surfing. Woke up the next morning with shooting pain in low back which progressed to shooting pains running down my glutes and referred pain to the hip flexor region. For two weeks this was extremely painful and did not subside even w/ ice applications and finally chiropractic visits 5 total and lots of Advil. Per the suggestion of my wife I tried aleve (2 pills for first dose and 1 pill each dose after that. After 2 pills I noticed a HUGE difference and significantly reduced pain as well as better range of motion as inflammation had gone down. I highly recommend for anyone with back pain as it really helped me!"

Nick T (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

For Back Pain: "I have been suffering from back and shoulder pain non stop for 8 months now. Was prescribed narcotics which made me feel horrible. Took naproxen before bed and I had the best night sleep I've had in about a year. Worked great for me!"

Sound Sleeper September 27, 2015

For Tendonitis: "I went for a walkabout in Australia wearing inappropriate footwear and developed tendonitis on my right heal. I was told by the doctor to stick to over the counter pain killers but none of them worked over a 4 week period. When I returned to the UK my doctor prescribed 500 Naproxen and 15 mg Lansoprazole Gastro-Resistant capsules. After 2 doses the month long pain subsided and I had no side effects. This medicine relaxed the tight tendon within a day. The problem has not returned so I can keep dancing. Great medicine."

Smooth Dancer (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2015

For Back Pain: "I've had sciatica pain for the past few days. Tried Tylenol 3, Advil and regular Tylenol with codeine. Nothing worked so I tried Aleve. Took 1 the first day and didn't feel a difference at all. Got brave and took 2 today, even though these are supposed to last 12 hours and it didn't feel any different. Personally speaking this medicine is a waste of money and doesn't work at all. This is a medicine that works especially on muscle pain and I felt no difference period. I do not recommend this to anyone. Go to your doctor and get something prescribed."

Shalom73 September 19, 2015

For Pain: "I have chronic pain and tendinitis in my ankles, knees, shoulders, and elbows. I've played competitive softball and basketball my whole life and now play for my high school. Without naproxen it usually hurts so bad I can't play at all but I take 3 of them at once and it usually takes care of most of the pain. There is still some pain left but it usually helps significantly. I just wish you could take more than one dose a day because I usually need a second one"

Anonymous September 19, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "Swollen and red lower legs, swollen eyelids. Doctor prescribed Naproxen Apo. After couple of uses, swelling was reduced, but got severe stomach cramps. I stopped using it after the second use, yet it bother me day and night for week now. Still experiencing pain in joints, swelling and now the stomach ache."

Libuska September 15, 2015

For Tendonitis: "Was prescribed drug for Achilles tenditis, 500mg Naproxen twice a day with omeprazole 20 mg. Should never have taken this as caused heartburn and stomach infection, stopped taking on second day and still have not recovered from stomach problems over 2 months later despite taking other remedies. Disgusting drug!!!"

Kev Ferny September 9, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "You have got to catch the attack in the early stages ,750mg to start and 250 every 8 hours. Mind you I get a really bad stomach with the 750mg dose but it realy does the trick"

mikey 2 September 4, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "like the previous person mention, I'm a strong believer of aleve, it works faster for my gout than the prescription meds I take. No more going to the doctor for refills.....Aleve works!"

Peewee 43 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2015

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "Naproxen is the only thing that will make my gout subside when I have an attack."

Skikt22 September 1, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I took two aleve and my back pain hasn't even lessened. Still hurts the same after 4 hours and it's supposed to work for 8-12 hours."

Karla Red September 1, 2015

For Muscle Pain: "Took this for a pain I have in my wrist. Don't have arthiritis. I'm 15. It's supposed to stop the swelling and pain on the palm of my hand but it's done nothing except give me all the possible side effects. It's affecting my daily routines so yeah. Not good at all really. It's a 0/10"

Maryammm_48 August 31, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "Wow has this changed my life. I was a long time sufferer of migraines and headaches. Advil and tynelols are like candy to me now and don't do a thing to relief pain. Even heavy prescribed migraine drugs by my doctor did not work as much as Aleve does! It is simply, for my part, miraculous! It works 99.9% of the time. It works to prevent a headache when I feel it coming. It also works to break the headache or migraine when it is already ongoing and painful. And most of the time, a single pill works. I have to say I really hope my body doesn't come used to Aleve and therefore making it less effective. So far, after a little more than a year taking Aleve, it still is perfectly effective in my case. Don't hesitate to try!"

C.Leblanc August 29, 2015

For Headache: "I have taking naproxen 500mg for migraine it alleviated a lil bit of the pain. But I did not see full recovery but it worked for my 14yr old son it took his headache away."

jpuertorican (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

For Back Pain: "I've had spinal stenosis in my lumbar area with resultant localized and sciatic pain for over thirty years now (just turned 70...decided I was getting to be way too old to be a junkie...got addicted to opiates 25 years ago). After the VA helped me through opiate-replacement therapy, I got off even the Suboxone two months ago. Clean the first time in 30 years. I take Naproxen as needed, but think I need to be on a regular daily twice-a-day dose of 500mg Naproxen to keep the low back pain down. I must be a real wuss! I read all the entries above about people nearly vomiting or passing out from the pain! My own pain is nowhere NEAR that level but I HATE pain of any kind, so try to avoid even aching low back. Naproxen helps."

Thomas C August 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed this to help with an inflamed joint in my foot. Historically, I had taken Aleve, but didn't like the drug because I felt it didn't really work. Last time I took it, it work in the 11th hour of 12 hurt effectiveness time range and was gone by hour 12. But the doctor insisted I take it this time. I took it for a little more than a week and on the 10th day, I woke up to horrible chest pains. I'm 36 years old and don't believe I have a heart condition. I stopped taking the pills and the pain in my chest lessened towards the end of the day. However, my blood pressure was through the roof, when I'm characteristically low, and my resting pulse rate was 114. I also spiked a fever in the same day. Days later, still symptoms"

JSS878 August 18, 2015