User Reviews for Naproxen / sumatriptan

Also known as: Treximet

Learn more about Naproxen/sumatriptan.

Naproxen/sumatriptan Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Naproxen/sumatriptan to treat Migraine

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I generally always have a headache but can get through the day with no problems. But recently my headaches really trigger my migraines and with them I get nausea, sensitivity to light, and extreme pain in my head! When I explained this to my doctor he prescribed Treximet and I am so glad he did. I take one pill on my onset of a migraine and within 30-60 minutes I have complete relief. I'm so happy I found out about Treximet !"

Cassie_Frump August 24, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have to say I really love this medication. I have migraines 4 to 6 times a month. I try not to take it all the time due to me having hot and cold flashes. The first time I took it my head felt like I put something icy and hot on my brain. It's now going on a year and I still get hot and cold flashes but the side effects are worth it. I can work with being hot and cold. With my migraines I just want to lay in a ball and cry but know I can't because it will make it worst. This pill is a lot of money. I just wish it would come down in price."

Stephanie3535 August 7, 2015

"I have been suffering from what I thought was sinus pressure. Only to find out it was a migraine. This has been going on for two days. Vomiting , pain piercing my right eye and neck pain. About an hour after taking this med almost all my pain and vomiting is gone. I'm in love with this pill. Great med."

Tdebord June 10, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Just wow. I frequently suffer from migraines and excedrin usually does the trick. Every so often I'll get these headaches that last for days and excedrin won't work. My doctor prescribed me Treximet and what a difference. I like this drug because if you don't take it at the beginning of a migraine it STILL works. I had a migraine for 24 hours+ and took one this morning. Within 30 min it was fading and in an hour it was gone. The first time I took Treximet I did have the neck stiffness and fatigue, but the second time no side effects except a dry mouth and heavy feeling in legs that passed quickly. So worth not having to deal with a headache that can really ruin your whole day and just make you want to lie in a cool dark room. Love Treximet."

StacyWill May 7, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have Migraines often and at times I have had to leave work due to the pain and nausea. My doctor gave me Treximet to try. I was amazed. My migraine eased or completely went away after 45 minutes to 1 hour after I took it and did not make me feel "hung over", drowsy or no other side effects. This medication is my miracle migraine medication."

KatHar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "My doctor just prescribed me Treximet after my other medication wasnt working. I took it for the first time over the weekend. My head felt like it was on fire.. I see flushing is a side effect, but this was horrible. I couldnt touch my head, I could feel my hair follicles my head was so sensitive. The heat eventually made its way to my neck and shoulders. I was so uncomfortable until I fell asleep. I did wake up with my migraine gone, so that was a plus, but I would have preferred not to have dealt with the head on fire feeling, it was worse than my migraine. I'm talking with my doctor about it, maybe its something that goes away, or maybe I'm allergic. Pro: it worked Con: Painful side effect."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This is the only medication that worked for my monthly migraine, my co-pay is very high & and sometimes I cut the pill in half. "

Sandra D. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Best headache medicine I've ever taken. The only one that takes care of a migraine well enough that I can still function. It's expensive, but worth every penny."

Dawn G. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This pill works perfectly. I've tried OTC meds, sumatriptan shots, etc this medicine works. The only thing is if I take a full dose (500) mg I feel weird, slight tightening in my neck for the first hour. I don't even care, it's worth it to get rid of these headaches which I get 4 to 5 times per month. I'd drive 100 miles to get them if I had to. Just hope they don't find out this is slowly killing people someday."

47 year old (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Been using treximet since 2008. Was upgrade from relpax 40mg. I get 6-8 migraines per month. Treximet works faster than imitrex and relpax. For me, treximet is active within 30-40 min or 2 hours if the migraine is very strong. Imitrex took 4-6 hours, relpax took 2-3 hours. Only side effect is drowsiness. Very happy with results but prefer if it was not so expensive."

shellyv1980 October 29, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Treximet works for me and nothing else has! The only weird side effect I get is sensitive skin...like if I take a shower or bath after taking Treximet, the water just burns my skin. Or even if I wash my hands with hot water. But it is a very small price to pay to get rid if the migraines. Very reliable!"

Alaskadoe March 18, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I get probably 2 migraines a year, but when I do they are debilitating. I took Treximet with 2 minutes of my aura starting. 20 minutes later the aura was gone, and all the remained of the migraine's onslaught was some a very dull heaviness in my head, and some flushness. I would highly recommend this medicine. Ask your doctor for samples - that's how I got mine."

Drew C March 13, 2013

"Very effective. Incredibly expensive."

longtail (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I took 1 Treximet pill in Jan. of 2012 and a 1/2 the following day. My migraines almost faded away for the last year. Throughout the 2012 year I still had small achey headaches, but nothing like before I put Treximet in my system. It is now a year later and I had my first migraine last week. I still have the same prescription from last year, so I don't have to buy anymore. I cut my caffeine to almost nothing and lots of natural sunlight. My headaches are fading out but I am going to take my yearly pill. I think this pill is worth every penny. Take this pill and find something to keep you busy."

MigraineFreeGal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Best migraine pill I have ever taken and I have tried them all. The headaches are debilitating and this medication is worth every penny. The rating is for effectiveness and I would rate higher if I could. It's a life saver. No migraine hangover, works quickly, and no relapse. Amazing"

Anonymous January 19, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This medicine does get rid of my migraines, but I have to deal with feeling worse before I feel better, There also are times when it takes 2-3 hours to kick in, though the usual is about an hour. For me that's a very long time when you have a migraine getting worse."

Wolfie94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Been on many other migraine meds, this by far is the most effective, fastest working and no side effects."

Ohmyheadhurts November 22, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I get ongoing migraines about 1 to 2 times a week due to inflammation caused by a disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which attacks the joints and causes spinal fusion. This medication is INCREDIBLE. Yes, it's expensive without insurance but I have even started breaking the pills in half and my migraines are still wiped out in 20 minutes. Thank you to the creators of Treximet for saving my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Amazing! Works wonders. Thank you Treximet!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I get stress migraines I take a Treximet and with in an hour or 2 my headache is gone. When I first started taking it I would feel the "elephant on my chest" feeling similar to the Imitrex. But after the first few times I don't get that feeling anymore. What I really like about it is, if I take one at bedtime not only does it cure my migraine but I sleep so good and I wake up feeling so relaxed. All my muscles in my neck, shoulders and back that were tight and stressed are released from the tension."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Thank goodness for this medicine. Migraines are new to me. I tried Relpax before this one and it did very little for me, even after taking two doses. I took this with my most recent headache and it worked like a miracle. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I took this and started to feel better."

Anonymous April 16, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Fast, fast relief, even in a migraine that had already been established for 12 hours. No side effects. "

Anonymous February 15, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Great medicine. Stops my migraines in their tracks! The only side effect that really bothers me is "mild pressure or heavy feeling in any part of your body". My whole body feels so heavy, like it takes way too much effort to move. After taking it, I have to lie down for a while. Still, it's worth it for the effectiveness."

youcanletgo February 14, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I would occasionally get migraines (started at age 16) now I am 28. After a car accident two years ago, I get them much more frequently. I tried Treximet after being desperate for something on day three of the worst migraine of my life. Treximet KILLED my migraine within 15 mins. It made me sleepy and made my limbs feel very heavy but it got rid of the migraine. I only take Treximet every other month, and unlike some, I have to wait to take it until my migraine is full blown, or else it makes me feel worse."

nikket January 19, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have suffered from severe migraines since I was about 13 years old and have tried every over the counter and prescribed medicine under the sun. NOTHING has worked like Treximet! This is truly a miracle. Within 30 minutes of taking it my headache was completely gone and no rebound headache! The only side effect I had was that I was very tired for about 5-6 hours after that. It is very expensive but it is so worth the money."

Anonymous January 18, 2012