User Reviews for Naproxen/sumatriptan

Also known as: Treximet

Learn more about Naproxen/sumatriptan.

Migraine 73 reviews 77 medications

Summary of Naproxen/sumatriptan reviews 73 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Naproxen/sumatriptan

Review by KatHar (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have Migraines often and at times I have had to leave work due to the pain and nausea. My doctor gave me Treximet to try. I was amazed. My migraine eased or completely went away after 45 minutes to 1 hour after I took it and did not make me feel "hung over", drowsy or no other side effects. This medication is my miracle migraine medication.

August 6, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: My doctor just prescribed me Treximet after my other medication wasnt working. I took it for the first time over the weekend. My head felt like it was on fire.. I see flushing is a side effect, but this was horrible. I couldnt touch my head, I could feel my hair follicles my head was so sensitive. The heat eventually made its way to my neck and shoulders. I was so uncomfortable until I fell asleep. I did wake up with my migraine gone, so that was a plus, but I would have preferred not to have dealt with the head on fire feeling, it was worse than my migraine. I'm talking with my doctor about it, maybe its something that goes away, or maybe I'm allergic. Pro: it worked Con: Painful side effect.

May 28, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by Sandra D. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: This is the only medication that worked for my monthly migraine, my co-pay is very high & and sometimes I cut the pill in half.

April 4, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Dawn G. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Best headache medicine I've ever taken. The only one that takes care of a migraine well enough that I can still function. It's expensive, but worth every penny.

December 7, 2013 11:08 AM

Review by 47 year old (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: This pill works perfectly. I've tried OTC meds, sumatriptan shots, etc this medicine works. The only thing is if I take a full dose (500) mg I feel weird, slight tightening in my neck for the first hour. I don't even care, it's worth it to get rid of these headaches which I get 4 to 5 times per month. I'd drive 100 miles to get them if I had to. Just hope they don't find out this is slowly killing people someday.

November 6, 2013 1:25 PM

Review by shellyv1980:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Been using treximet since 2008. Was upgrade from relpax 40mg. I get 6-8 migraines per month. Treximet works faster than imitrex and relpax. For me, treximet is active within 30-40 min or 2 hours if the migraine is very strong. Imitrex took 4-6 hours, relpax took 2-3 hours. Only side effect is drowsiness. Very happy with results but prefer if it was not so expensive.

October 29, 2013 11:27 PM

Review by Alaskadoe:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Treximet works for me and nothing else has! The only weird side effect I get is sensitive skin...like if I take a shower or bath after taking Treximet, the water just burns my skin. Or even if I wash my hands with hot water. But it is a very small price to pay to get rid if the migraines. Very reliable!

March 18, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by Drew C:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I get probably 2 migraines a year, but when I do they are debilitating. I took Treximet with 2 minutes of my aura starting. 20 minutes later the aura was gone, and all the remained of the migraine's onslaught was some a very dull heaviness in my head, and some flushness. I would highly recommend this medicine. Ask your doctor for samples - that's how I got mine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2013 4:50 PM

Review by longtail (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine: Very effective. Incredibly expensive.

February 26, 2013 5:54 PM

Review by MigraineFreeGal (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I took 1 Treximet pill in Jan. of 2012 and a 1/2 the following day. My migraines almost faded away for the last year. Throughout the 2012 year I still had small achey headaches, but nothing like before I put Treximet in my system. It is now a year later and I had my first migraine last week. I still have the same prescription from last year, so I don't have to buy anymore. I cut my caffeine to almost nothing and lots of natural sunlight. My headaches are fading out but I am going to take my yearly pill. I think this pill is worth every penny. Take this pill and find something to keep you busy.

January 31, 2013 12:00 PM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Best migraine pill I have ever taken and I have tried them all. The headaches are debilitating and this medication is worth every penny. The rating is for effectiveness and I would rate higher if I could. It's a life saver. No migraine hangover, works quickly, and no relapse. Amazing

January 19, 2013 2:32 PM

Review by Wolfie94 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: This medicine does get rid of my migraines, but I have to deal with feeling worse before I feel better, There also are times when it takes 2-3 hours to kick in, though the usual is about an hour. For me that's a very long time when you have a migraine getting worse.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2012 12:23 AM

Review by Ohmyheadhurts:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Been on many other migraine meds, this by far is the most effective, fastest working and no side effects.

November 22, 2012 10:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I get ongoing migraines about 1 to 2 times a week due to inflammation caused by a disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which attacks the joints and causes spinal fusion. This medication is INCREDIBLE. Yes, it's expensive without insurance but I have even started breaking the pills in half and my migraines are still wiped out in 20 minutes. Thank you to the creators of Treximet for saving my life.

September 6, 2012 6:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Amazing! Works wonders. Thank you Treximet!

August 12, 2012 8:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I get stress migraines I take a Treximet and with in an hour or 2 my headache is gone. When I first started taking it I would feel the "elephant on my chest" feeling similar to the Imitrex. But after the first few times I don't get that feeling anymore. What I really like about it is, if I take one at bedtime not only does it cure my migraine but I sleep so good and I wake up feeling so relaxed. All my muscles in my neck, shoulders and back that were tight and stressed are released from the tension.

May 31, 2012 12:53 PM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Thank goodness for this medicine. Migraines are new to me. I tried Relpax before this one and it did very little for me, even after taking two doses. I took this with my most recent headache and it worked like a miracle. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I took this and started to feel better.

April 16, 2012 10:26 AM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Fast, fast relief, even in a migraine that had already been established for 12 hours. No side effects.

February 15, 2012 12:29 PM

Review by youcanletgo:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Great medicine. Stops my migraines in their tracks! The only side effect that really bothers me is "mild pressure or heavy feeling in any part of your body". My whole body feels so heavy, like it takes way too much effort to move. After taking it, I have to lie down for a while. Still, it's worth it for the effectiveness.

February 14, 2012 4:04 PM

Review by nikket:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I would occasionally get migraines (started at age 16) now I am 28. After a car accident two years ago, I get them much more frequently. I tried Treximet after being desperate for something on day three of the worst migraine of my life. Treximet KILLED my migraine within 15 mins. It made me sleepy and made my limbs feel very heavy but it got rid of the migraine. I only take Treximet every other month, and unlike some, I have to wait to take it until my migraine is full blown, or else it makes me feel worse.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2012 12:26 PM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered from severe migraines since I was about 13 years old and have tried every over the counter and prescribed medicine under the sun. NOTHING has worked like Treximet! This is truly a miracle. Within 30 minutes of taking it my headache was completely gone and no rebound headache! The only side effect I had was that I was very tired for about 5-6 hours after that. It is very expensive but it is so worth the money.

January 18, 2012 5:35 PM

Review by Female123:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: On average, I get 4-6 migraines a month and this is by far the best migraine medication I have tried! Within 10-20 minutes, the migraine is completely gone after taking just 1 pill. I turned to a prescription strength after OTC medication, heat/cold packs, sleep, etc. stop working. So far, I haven't had a recurring migraine either, which usually happens to me after taking over the counter medicines.

January 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: I take one pill as soon as my aura begins. Treximet relieves the feeling of nausea, and light and smell sensitivity but it does not relieve the pain from the headache completely. I still have a slight headache for about 4hrs. I guess I should be thankful because the pain is not nearly as bad, but it%u2019s still there.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2011 1:50 PM

Review by charmattack:

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: This is the best by far. The pain is gone in 45 minutes-1 hour usually. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it and it's about $30 a pill, so unless I can get a coupon or samples I have to take Imitrex, which is hit-or-miss for me and makes me feel funky for hours after. I haven't noticed any side effects from Treximet.

October 26, 2011 3:32 PM

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan) for Migraine: Expensive for 9 pills, but highly effective. Gets rid of a migraine in 1 hour, and doesn't make you drowsy. I would say there is an added heaviness to your brain and muscles (you feel a little slow), and you can't exercise right after you take it or it will give you palpitations. I haven't noticed any other side effects and compared with having a migraine, Treximet gets me back to normal in 3 hours (side effects are gone in 3 hours).

August 26, 2011 2:15 PM