User Reviews for Talwin Nx

Learn more about Talwin Nx.

Chronic Pain 2 reviews 102 medications

Pain 10 reviews 912 medications

6.8
Summary of Talwin Nx reviews 12 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Talwin Nx

Review by mizzmoze (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Great medicine for controlling pain/chronic pain. non addictive.the nclenal stands for Nicene which is arcane.an opioid & drug overdose reversal medication. it works by blocking opioid and other addictive medications from building up in cells/body. as talwin contains small amounts of opioid the amazing thing about this medication is while using for chronic pain, it took away all mental urges or desires to think about drinking alcohol.which I had stopped yrs before but had that mental desires or thoughts too drink.Cravings so to say.it may have same long term result for addicts who crave other drugs..amazing! An important fact that is not a warning from drug co.is .it blocks relax meds before procedures su.colonoscopy, relax medication.scary

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Shy-D:

For Chronic Pain: Talwin was first given to me when I had wrist surgery to reattach tendons and ligaments torn from the bone during a car accident. Plus I have fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis. And I'm allergic to all the morphine, codeine types. My wrist surgeon coupled Talwin NX with Phenergan and it worked like a charm. Now I use that very combination for psoriatic arthritis flares. It's wonderful!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 7:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Acute allergic reaction. ER treatment of Epipen and Steroid injections and 5 day regimen of prednisone.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2012 5:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Hydrocodone wasn't providing relief through the entire duration between doses and doctor wouldn't prescribe more frequently because of my "body size". Oxycodone didn't touch the pain, so doctor prescribed Talwin NX. I developed severe hives by the second dose and developed breathing problems. Didn't take a third dose and it didn't help with my pain that much. Have sacroiliac joint dysfunction with severe pain and lumbar pain with cycling muscle spasms. Am allergic to steroid so trigger point injections didn't work either.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2012 9:00 PM

For Pain: Worked great for my back pain

February 9, 2011 9:54 PM

For Pain: I deal with chronic back and leg pain due to a ruptured disc and bulging disc above and below, 3 ruptured discs that were fused via surgery. I have been on opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, oxycet) for 4 years and finally got sick of the side effects and physical dependency these drugs create. The dependency and withdrawal finally got worse than the pain that these drugs released. I detoxed cold turkey off of them for 2 weeks and then decided to try this medicine. I have been on it for about a month and it has worked wonders. Very few side effects and sweet pain relief. I do not have to be on this medicine every waking moment and I can even go days without needing any. So far this has become the answer I have been searching for.

August 29, 2010 12:05 PM

Review by icybluiz:

For Pain: I have been taking Talwin NX for about 3 years now. I have two fractures in my mid and lower back. The first Doctor I saw for this condition had me on Vicodin 10mg. He had me on 56 pills a week. After awhile, my weekly appointments stopped being about pain and started to be about getting that script filled. I finally woke up to the fact that I was addicted to these pills. It really scared me. I went to my primary physician and he really helped me. He used Talwin to detox me off of the Vicodin. It proved to be an excellent pain medicine for me. I don't know if it's my constitution but I am not addicted to Talwin NX. If I run out and can't get to my Doctor or whatever, I do not experience any withdrawal symptoms.

July 20, 2010 11:46 PM

For Pain: Was given this for pain, had bad shaking, very anxious and irratable. Also dizzy and nauseated.

December 6, 2009 4:04 PM

For Pain: I have had severe pain due to a few different health issues for years. I was prescribed Talwin NX and have found relief that I have not felt in years. I do not ever feel the need to up my dose because I'm having a bad day. My only problem is I live in a small town and it is running out and they can't seem to order it.

February 20, 2009 3:27 PM

Review by elainesul1:

For Pain: TALWIN NX is the only drug which relieved the pain in my upper spine. I have been taking two a day for 12 years and have not needed to increase dosage. To me it was a miracle drug.

October 28, 2008 5:13 PM

Review by billval:

For Pain: Stronger pain med, is schedule 3 drug, so its not as hard to get a prescription for. I take it for severe back arthritus pain, and it works wonders. Not as hard on the liver as drugs containing tylenol. Stay away from tylenol if you have liver disease.

March 5, 2008 7:27 AM

Review by LadyJoon:

For Pain: this medication was prescribed for constant back pain. While taking Talwin NX, I was mean, irritable, and had the shakes.

October 12, 2007 5:21 PM