User Reviews for Talwin Nx

Learn more about Talwin Nx.

Talwin Nx review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1833 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Talwin Nx to treat Pain

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Acute allergic reaction. ER treatment of Epipen and Steroid injections and 5 day regimen of prednisone.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2012 5:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Hydrocodone wasn't providing relief through the entire duration between doses and doctor wouldn't prescribe more frequently because of my "body size". Oxycodone didn't touch the pain, so doctor prescribed Talwin NX. I developed severe hives by the second dose and developed breathing problems. Didn't take a third dose and it didn't help with my pain that much. Have sacroiliac joint dysfunction with severe pain and lumbar pain with cycling muscle spasms. Am allergic to steroid so trigger point injections didn't work either.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2012 9:00 PM

Worked great for my back pain

February 9, 2011 9:54 PM

I deal with chronic back and leg pain due to a ruptured disc and bulging disc above and below, 3 ruptured discs that were fused via surgery. I have been on opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, oxycet) for 4 years and finally got sick of the side effects and physical dependency these drugs create. The dependency and withdrawal finally got worse than the pain that these drugs released. I detoxed cold turkey off of them for 2 weeks and then decided to try this medicine. I have been on it for about a month and it has worked wonders. Very few side effects and sweet pain relief. I do not have to be on this medicine every waking moment and I can even go days without needing any. So far this has become the answer I have been searching for.

August 29, 2010 12:05 PM

Review by icybluiz:

I have been taking Talwin NX for about 3 years now. I have two fractures in my mid and lower back. The first Doctor I saw for this condition had me on Vicodin 10mg. He had me on 56 pills a week. After awhile, my weekly appointments stopped being about pain and started to be about getting that script filled. I finally woke up to the fact that I was addicted to these pills. It really scared me. I went to my primary physician and he really helped me. He used Talwin to detox me off of the Vicodin. It proved to be an excellent pain medicine for me. I don't know if it's my constitution but I am not addicted to Talwin NX. If I run out and can't get to my Doctor or whatever, I do not experience any withdrawal symptoms.

July 20, 2010 11:46 PM

Was given this for pain, had bad shaking, very anxious and irratable. Also dizzy and nauseated.

December 6, 2009 4:04 PM

I have had severe pain due to a few different health issues for years. I was prescribed Talwin NX and have found relief that I have not felt in years. I do not ever feel the need to up my dose because I'm having a bad day. My only problem is I live in a small town and it is running out and they can't seem to order it.

February 20, 2009 3:27 PM

Review by elainesul1:

TALWIN NX is the only drug which relieved the pain in my upper spine. I have been taking two a day for 12 years and have not needed to increase dosage. To me it was a miracle drug.

October 28, 2008 5:13 PM

Review by billval:

Stronger pain med, is schedule 3 drug, so its not as hard to get a prescription for. I take it for severe back arthritus pain, and it works wonders. Not as hard on the liver as drugs containing tylenol. Stay away from tylenol if you have liver disease.

March 5, 2008 7:27 AM

Review by LadyJoon:

this medication was prescribed for constant back pain. While taking Talwin NX, I was mean, irritable, and had the shakes.

October 12, 2007 5:21 PM