User Reviews for Nadolol

Also known as: Corgard

Learn more about Nadolol.

Angina 1 reviews 124 medications

Portal Hypertension 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nadolol reviews 17 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Nadolol

Review by Momof2inAZ (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

nadolol for Anxiety: I was prescribed nadolol for anxiety and thought it wasn't going to work as I have been on Xanax and Klonopin to treat anxiety attacks in the past. I started on 20mg 2x a day and was moved up to 40mg 2x a day. It has helped to an extent, I still have anxiety but they are a lot less frequent then they used to be. I do however have some side effects from this medication that the Dr. dont seem to be too concerned about and I was wondering if anyone else who is taking this medication for anxiety have had them. I get very lightheaded or dizzy if I get up from a lying position and have to wait a few minuets before I get up and sweats. Anyone else have these side effects?

November 1, 2013 7:47 PM
Review by dlundy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I have been taking Nadolol for years and yes, it has helped with the migraines. I broke my neck a number of years ago and the migraines where one of the results. They put me on Nadolol at the time and has gotten rid of the migraines being every day. That said, it has taken me 6 years to realize that other severe pain that I was having was not diagnosed properly as it was Nadolol. It is not well put out there so, be aware of this. Left arm pain, leg pain, swelling in the legs. Body pain when you awake. The side effects are bad if you get them.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 2, 2013 7:02 PM
Review by bubs1158 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I have been taking 40mg/day of Nadolol for 13 years and except for some tingling fingers and feeling more cold than usual, it's been great. Some would not be happy with my results because my migraine FREQUENCY has not changed, but now an Excedrin Migraine or cup of coffee will work wonders in less than an hour. My heart rate is in the 50s but I don't notice. One of the life changes I did make though, is cutting out caffeine in my diet. This is important so when I DO get a headache, the caffeine in the Excedrin or coffee really gives me a punch. I tried weaning off Nadolol years ago but the Excedrin wouldn't do the trick anymore.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 24, 2012 9:34 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I have been on nadolol for 6 weeks now and I am still getting headaches. My dose is now 80mg but I am afraid. I feel a bit winded and short of breath, has anyone felt like this before?

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 16, 2012 9:34 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Corgard (nadolol) for Angina: It is very useful for angina patient. It will not cause any side effects.

June 25, 2012 4:28 AM
Review by E. Buckley: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I used to suffer severe migraines that lasted 2-3 days each, at a frequency of at least 2 per week, before I started taking nadolol. After an initial 40mg daily dosage, this frequency dropped to only 3-4 a month, and the duration and intensity of each episode also dropped off markedly, usually lasting no more than a few hours. Now I take an 80mg dosage, and have had none since. As far as side effects go, my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 110/80, putting it in a better position than it was anyway. In addition, I had a mild form of Raynaud's disease before taking it which has been exacerbated, but not to any uncomfortable degree. In conclusion, it is no stretch to say that nadolol completely changed my life. I highly recommend it.

April 15, 2012 4:22 AM
Review by Marjieoc: User Rating:

Corgard (nadolol) for Migraine Prevention: Forbade was one of the first drugs prescribed for me by the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. It seems to have reduced the frequency and severity of my chronic daily migraines. I've been taking it for about 18 years.

February 25, 2012 12:14 AM
Review by jeannie57: User Rating:

nadolol for Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: My husband is new to this, specifically esophageal varices and the need to take Nadolol. He has complained of dizziness and being light headed. so, he is going to take the pill at bedtime instead of with breakfast, that way he can sleep through the dizziness, etc.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 23, 2011 8:12 PM
Review by brighteyes21gem: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: My husband was prescribed this medication for his migraines because he gets one almost everyday and they almost cripple him. I had advised him not to take it because it also will reduce his blood pressure which was already almost to low, (which is just because he was born with a smaller heart). We called his doctor and told them that he was worried about it and asked about our other concerns. In which the doctor then told him there is nothing to worry about and that he will be just fine. As of last night he took his 3rd dose of this medication. Right now he is in the hospital ICU department because when he went in earlier his heart rate was between 30 and 40. If you have any problems with your heart rate or pressure, talk to a pharmacist.

January 18, 2010 1:08 AM
Review by jenz: User Rating:

nadolol for Benign Essential Tremor: I use this medication only as required and find it totally effective. Sometimes the tremors are random but more often they are triggered by mild anxiety or stress.

November 16, 2009 8:15 PM
Review by Len123: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I've been using Nadolol (40 mg) daily now for over 3 years. I had suffered from daily migraines for about 2 years and had tried everything. The neurologists at Johns Hopkins prescribed this regime. I seldom have anything close to a migraine now and my blood pressure is a consistent 120/80. It has worked for me.

September 11, 2009 10:16 AM
Review by JB930: User Rating:

nadolol for Supraventricular Tachycardia: I have had palpitations for 18 years - it affected my life so badly that I eventually became agoraphobic for several years. I could do very little in the way of activity without having episodes. I was started out at 20mg a day and gradually work my way up to 80mg, but the 80mg caused me problems. So I settled in at 40mg a day for many years until a few years ago. I for some reason was having increased episodes in longer durations - at one point having continuous palpitations for 5 hours straight. Not for the faint of heart. I ended up increasing my dosage to 60mg a day with no problems. 40mg and then 12 hours later 20mg. It seems to help and has also lessened the impact of those beats that feel like your heart is jumping out of your chest.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2009 9:30 PM
Review by twocat2: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I've been taking this since late October - on 40mg daily. No headaches now - after having weekly headaches for almost a year. My last headache was October 23, 2008

February 22, 2009 6:02 PM
Review by twocat2: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I've been taking this for 9 weeks - on 40mg daily. No headache - after having daily headaches for almost a year.

December 26, 2008 7:28 PM
Review by philb007: User Rating:

Corgard (nadolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: I have been using Corgard for many years and my resting heart rate, which without the medicine is over 100 but with it is a steady 60-65. Plus I have AF (Atrial Fibrillation)and this has lessened the frequency and length of attacks.

November 26, 2008 2:14 AM
Review by cherchers: User Rating:

nadolol for Migraine Prevention: I was having migraines 3 x a week, blinding ones 1 x a week. After 8 weeks on Nadolol I have only had one headache, which I treated with Advil. It's wonderful.

November 6, 2008 8:54 AM
Review by LIVE1: User Rating:

nadolol for Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: I have had variceal bleeding. Feel much better when taking the nadolol. I didn't take it at first, I took propananlol for a while but quit because I couldn't afford it. At this point the only side effect I can recall is feeling a little tired and dizzy when I first began taking it, and running out and not being on it for about 5 days; I didn't feel good. I believe this drug is very beneficial for bleeding related to the liver.

April 29, 2008 11:57 PM