User Reviews for Nadolol

Also known as: Corgard

Learn more about Nadolol.

Angina 1 reviews 124 medications

Parkinsonian Tremor 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Portal Hypertension 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nadolol reviews 22 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Nadolol

For Migraine Prevention: "I had debilitating migraines for 8 years. I've been on quite a few preventative meds and rescue medications and none have done what nadolol has done for me. I am on 40mg/daily and have gone from daily migraines to possibly 3 "headaches" a month. I can usually treat the headache with an OTC, which is heavenly. I have my life back because of nadolol. I have been free of nausea, vomiting, neck pain, neck tightness, for the last 5 months since using this medicine. I do experience dizziness at times, but I will take that over a migraine and vomiting, any day! I wish I knew about nadolol 8 years ago when my migraines started, but I'm thankful my new neurologist prescribed this to me right away!"

MJS7660 May 18, 2015

Corgard (nadolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Only blood pressure medicine that has EVER worked for many heart problems for me. Keeps my pulse down around 55 to 60. Knocks out heart palpitations as well a works for A-FIB and MVP."

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) April 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Prescribed this medicine to prevent migraines, but have anxiety. I'm answering the other posted question regarding dizziness when getting up and sweating. Yes and yes. I often feel hot or excessively sweaty and the dizziness comes and goes. Did not know this would help anxiety."

pepitaJones (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2014

For Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: "Nadalol helps with anxiety for sure. Didn't know it had esophageal varicies prophylactic benefits."

G61 August 22, 2014

For Migraine Prevention: "I had 7-12 migraines a month and 4 months ago I started taking nadolol 10mg/day (I take half a tablet) and now I get 2 or 3 headaches a month and they are not really migraines, more like tension headaches. It has been wonderful. I felt better after the first week taking it after trying different meds for over 5 years."

Happppy May 3, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed nadolol for anxiety and thought it wasn't going to work as I have been on Xanax and Klonopin to treat anxiety attacks in the past. I started on 20mg 2x a day and was moved up to 40mg 2x a day. It has helped to an extent, I still have anxiety but they are a lot less frequent then they used to be. I do however have some side effects from this medication that the Dr. dont seem to be too concerned about and I was wondering if anyone else who is taking this medication for anxiety have had them. I get very lightheaded or dizzy if I get up from a lying position and have to wait a few minuets before I get up and sweats. Anyone else have these side effects?"

Momof2inAZ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2013

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been taking Nadolol for years and yes, it has helped with the migraines. I broke my neck a number of years ago and the migraines where one of the results. They put me on Nadolol at the time and has gotten rid of the migraines being every day. That said, it has taken me 6 years to realize that other severe pain that I was having was not diagnosed properly as it was Nadolol. It is not well put out there so, be aware of this. Left arm pain, leg pain, swelling in the legs. Body pain when you awake. The side effects are bad if you get them."

dlundy (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2013

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been taking 40mg/day of Nadolol for 13 years and except for some tingling fingers and feeling more cold than usual, it's been great. Some would not be happy with my results because my migraine FREQUENCY has not changed, but now an Excedrin Migraine or cup of coffee will work wonders in less than an hour. My heart rate is in the 50s but I don't notice. One of the life changes I did make though, is cutting out caffeine in my diet. This is important so when I DO get a headache, the caffeine in the Excedrin or coffee really gives me a punch. I tried weaning off Nadolol years ago but the Excedrin wouldn't do the trick anymore."

bubs1158 (taken for 10 years or more) November 24, 2012

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been on nadolol for 6 weeks now and I am still getting headaches. My dose is now 80mg but I am afraid. I feel a bit winded and short of breath, has anyone felt like this before?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2012

Corgard (nadolol) for Angina: "It is very useful for angina patient. It will not cause any side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2012

For Migraine Prevention: "I used to suffer severe migraines that lasted 2-3 days each, at a frequency of at least 2 per week, before I started taking nadolol. After an initial 40mg daily dosage, this frequency dropped to only 3-4 a month, and the duration and intensity of each episode also dropped off markedly, usually lasting no more than a few hours. Now I take an 80mg dosage, and have had none since. As far as side effects go, my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 110/80, putting it in a better position than it was anyway. In addition, I had a mild form of Raynaud's disease before taking it which has been exacerbated, but not to any uncomfortable degree. In conclusion, it is no stretch to say that nadolol completely changed my life. I highly recommend it."

E. Buckley April 15, 2012

Corgard (nadolol) for Migraine Prevention: "Forbade was one of the first drugs prescribed for me by the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. It seems to have reduced the frequency and severity of my chronic daily migraines. I've been taking it for about 18 years."

Marjieoc February 25, 2012

For Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: "My husband is new to this, specifically esophageal varices and the need to take Nadolol. He has complained of dizziness and being light headed. so, he is going to take the pill at bedtime instead of with breakfast, that way he can sleep through the dizziness, etc."

jeannie57 December 23, 2011

For Migraine Prevention: "My husband was prescribed this medication for his migraines because he gets one almost everyday and they almost cripple him. I had advised him not to take it because it also will reduce his blood pressure which was already almost to low, (which is just because he was born with a smaller heart). We called his doctor and told them that he was worried about it and asked about our other concerns. In which the doctor then told him there is nothing to worry about and that he will be just fine. As of last night he took his 3rd dose of this medication. Right now he is in the hospital ICU department because when he went in earlier his heart rate was between 30 and 40. If you have any problems with your heart rate or pressure, talk to a pharmacist."

brighteyes21gem January 18, 2010

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I use this medication only as required and find it totally effective. Sometimes the tremors are random but more often they are triggered by mild anxiety or stress."

jenz November 16, 2009

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been using Nadolol (40 mg) daily now for over 3 years. I had suffered from daily migraines for about 2 years and had tried everything. The neurologists at Johns Hopkins prescribed this regime. I seldom have anything close to a migraine now and my blood pressure is a consistent 120/80. It has worked for me."

Len123 September 11, 2009

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I have had palpitations for 18 years - it affected my life so badly that I eventually became agoraphobic for several years. I could do very little in the way of activity without having episodes. I was started out at 20mg a day and gradually work my way up to 80mg, but the 80mg caused me problems. So I settled in at 40mg a day for many years until a few years ago. I for some reason was having increased episodes in longer durations - at one point having continuous palpitations for 5 hours straight. Not for the faint of heart. I ended up increasing my dosage to 60mg a day with no problems. 40mg and then 12 hours later 20mg. It seems to help and has also lessened the impact of those beats that feel like your heart is jumping out of your chest."

JB930 August 8, 2009

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been taking this since late October - on 40mg daily. No headaches now - after having weekly headaches for almost a year. My last headache was October 23, 2008"

twocat2 February 22, 2009

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been taking this for 9 weeks - on 40mg daily. No headache - after having daily headaches for almost a year."

twocat2 December 26, 2008

Corgard (nadolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I have been using Corgard for many years and my resting heart rate, which without the medicine is over 100 but with it is a steady 60-65. Plus I have AF (Atrial Fibrillation)and this has lessened the frequency and length of attacks."

philb007 November 26, 2008

For Migraine Prevention: "I was having migraines 3 x a week, blinding ones 1 x a week. After 8 weeks on Nadolol I have only had one headache, which I treated with Advil. It's wonderful."

cherchers November 6, 2008

For Esophageal Variceal Hemorrhage Prophylaxis: "I have had variceal bleeding. Feel much better when taking the nadolol. I didn't take it at first, I took propananlol for a while but quit because I couldn't afford it. At this point the only side effect I can recall is feeling a little tired and dizzy when I first began taking it, and running out and not being on it for about 5 days; I didn't feel good. I believe this drug is very beneficial for bleeding related to the liver."

LIVE1 April 29, 2008