User Reviews for Relafen

Learn more about Relafen.

Relafen review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Relafen to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by frankietg:

What started out as a simple back strain/sprain at 19 yrs old has, over the years, evolved into an all encompassing condition leaving me with Multiple Sclerosis, handicapped and needing a walker for any mobility. Through the years I have been on NSAIDs which have proven time and again to be so helpful in relieving pain to where I was taking 3200 mg of ibuprofen/day. Finally given Relafen, which has saved my stomach from all the pain medicines and ibuprofen. Have never had a problem with Relafen (nabumetone) over the 7 yrs I've been on them, and they continue to be instrumental in relief from daily pains due to MS. A great product!

May 10, 2011 3:15 PM

As a 36 year old male suffering from osteoarthritis,this drug has made a substantial difference in my quality of life. I was not sure how long I would be able to keep working, now that I am being treated with this drug, my quality of life has increased greatly. I am able to work without severe pain. A definite plus is I don't have to worry about a narcotic cloudiness to contain my pain. I can now play and walk outside with my children. I am afraid of the side effects, but so far so good. Recommend this to others who may benefit from its use.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2008 8:47 AM

My arthritis was pretty much under control using naprosyn, but it started making my stomach bleed so I had to discontinue using it. I was in pain all the time and couldn't participate in my hobby of folk dancing and even had to use a cane increasingly. After about a year of this I began taking Relafen and it relieved my pain dramatically. It's still not as good as the naprosyn but it is a lot easier on my stomach.

April 4, 2008 5:07 AM

Review by Medsdowork:

I have had chronic fatigue, facet joint syndrome, degeneration of parts of the spine as well as fibromyalgia and very severe osteoarthritis for over 10 years- I cannot take other OTC products because suprizingly they cause tummy upset. I have had no side effects, and my MD watches me closely.I am glad to have this medication work for me.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2008 8:25 PM