User Reviews for Relafen

Learn more about Relafen.

Relafen review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Relafen to treat Back Pain

I suffer from annular tear along with unbearable pain . Relafen relieves the break through pain. Relafen works really well.

July 21, 2013 9:11 PM

Review by anonymous999y:

Relafen was prescribed by my spine Doctor for cervical/upper back cramping and upper extremity radiculopathy. It did not relieve my pain at all. Just started Skelaxin (2 doses in) and the pain is so much better.

April 16, 2013 3:59 AM

Review by Weej:

I was put on Relafen when I had an epidural for back pain and arthritis, also 2 back surgeries. I found a specialist when I start having pain in my lower back and sharp pain in my leg. My doctor put me on Relafen taking 2 pills a day. My symptoms were well managed by this medicine. I had no side effects and I was able to function quiet well. I think this medicine is a very good one for the type of pain I have for my back and pain down my thigh. I really recommend this to anyone with back or leg pain or arthritis in the back. It really works.

January 30, 2013 1:33 PM

I have a back injury that flares up from time to time and when it does it requires a significant amount of medication. I dislike taking opiates but found myself taking way too high of a dose of Ibuprofen on a regular basis and found it no longer working effectively. Relafen works great. I do get a slight bit of initial dizziness for about 20 minutes after I take it and I'm a bit drowsier than normal but the pain relief is well worth it. I sleep great at night, no more waking up or tossing and turning.

December 10, 2011 1:44 AM

Review by seale:

I started taking it 2 days ago and have not had any side effects. My sleep has improved tremendously.

August 14, 2011 11:48 PM

Review by xxlane:

Did not help my back pain

January 27, 2011 4:11 PM

I have been suffering from back pain for years, I was prescribed Relafen and what a difference it has made, the bonus no side effect's!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2010 9:15 PM

Review by MattR:

I have been saddled with sciatic pain off and on for over 15 months now. About a month ago, my Doctor switched me off of Naproxen and onto this drug. It seems to be a little more effective and I am only taking it twice a day. I would rate my daily pain level about a 3 on a scale of 10, and almost 0 an hour after taking this one tablet with a meal.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2009 7:23 PM

I have arthitis in my lower back with spinal stenosis and an annular tear in my disc. I was prescribed 1500mg a day. As long as I take the full amount I have no more pain, cramping in my leg or sciatica. I have been taking half because I have dizziness and headaches. Still better than the pain.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2009 12:54 PM

Review by MamoJulie:

Upon starting the use of Relafen I have had less pain in my lumbar area. I have 2 discs that are shot and the inflamation and swelling I endured is practically gone. I make sure I eat something with the medicine but even when I haven't this medication has not bothered my stomach at all. No other anti-inflammatory medication has ever given me this much releif.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2008 10:56 PM