User Reviews for Nabumetone

Also known as: Relafen

Learn more about Nabumetone.

Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 56 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 6 reviews 335 medications

5.3
Summary of Nabumetone reviews 41 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Nabumetone

For Muscle Pain: "My doctor prescribed relafen so far 3 pills and 6 hours im in severe pain"

dale2 April 19, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed to help treat arthritis in my right big toe. This was after having had mild dizziness side effects from Voltaren (Diclofenac). Unfortunately didn't work for me. It did nothing where at least the Voltaren (Diclofenac) relieved the swelling in the joint and allowed me to actually walk without my foot hurting."

RobTheBob March 26, 2015

For Back Pain: "I've had lower back problems on and off since mid 20's. When the discs get inflamed nothing has ever really helped - ibuprofen, hydrocodone, and many others. This is the first medicine that has noticeably helped the back pain and allowed me to exercise and strengthen my back without worrying it will give out again due to stiffening up."

For Backpain (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2014

For Back Pain: "I've had back pain on and off for years. I'm a nurse and I am always hurting my back at work. When an urgent care Dr. prescribed nabumatone for my back, it worked better than any narcotics I've ever tried. It was amazing!"

jgracemor September 3, 2013

Relafen (nabumetone) for Muscle Pain: "This medicine has worked when nothing else has. My doctor was concerned that this would harm my stomach over time but I've been taking it for 2 years without issue. I recently tried Lyrica instead and have hurt all over. I just went back to Nabumetone and I feel good again. Since I take 1/2 of the normal dose, I'm hoping I can continue to take this medicine. It is the only thing that works so far."

I take 500 mg Nabuetome at bedtime (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2013

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I suffer from annular tear along with unbearable pain . Relafen relieves the break through pain. Relafen works really well."

Anonymous July 21, 2013

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "Relafen was prescribed by my spine Doctor for cervical/upper back cramping and upper extremity radiculopathy. It did not relieve my pain at all. Just started Skelaxin (2 doses in) and the pain is so much better."

anonymous999y April 16, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 66. Started Nabumetone about 4 years ago. Orginally prescribed a Cox-2 inhibitor, have high Blood pressure, the cox-2 experience was VERY BAD. Then tried Nabumetone 750mg, was prescribed 2 daily. Was acceptable to my Blood Pressure. After reviewing side effects decided to take 1 daily except when pain level is real bad, then take 2 for several days then go back to 1 daily. I'm pleased with Nabumetone and my self-medication technique. "

Rheumatoid Arthritis 62 March 17, 2013

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I was put on Relafen when I had an epidural for back pain and arthritis, also 2 back surgeries. I found a specialist when I start having pain in my lower back and sharp pain in my leg. My doctor put me on Relafen taking 2 pills a day. My symptoms were well managed by this medicine. I had no side effects and I was able to function quiet well. I think this medicine is a very good one for the type of pain I have for my back and pain down my thigh. I really recommend this to anyone with back or leg pain or arthritis in the back. It really works."

Weej January 30, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I am a 53 yr old male, who worked in the timber industry for 35yrs now. I had 6 knee surgeries to a single injury in 1986. On 7/16/2012 I had my Right Knee replaced with a Stryker Triathlon Knee Replacement. I am working on getting my strength back. I was put on Diclofenac at 75mg 2 times a day, which sent me to the rest room 20 times a day. My Surgeon changed me to Nabumetone along pain medication almost like Lyrica (insurance would not pay for Lyrica. Since I have regained strength and am progressing faster than if I was on an OTC pain medicine. 6 weeks post op and walking pretty well and mostly pain free."

stack600 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2012

Relafen (nabumetone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Like Celebrex and Vioxx, this caused blood pressure spurts, along with dizziness, weakness, and other side effects. Too dangerous for me to take because of how high it would send my blood pressure within an hour or so of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2012

Relafen (nabumetone) for Sciatica: "My doctor prescribed this twice a day for a month after receiving a steroid injection for a herniated disc at the L5,S1. It works great! I can now walk, sit, stand, etc. Whereas I couldn't while suffering from Sciatica. I'm only 30! I have had no side effects."

Nabumetone (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "Mitigates joint pain; bothers my stomach much less than aspirin or ibuprofen."

Anonymous February 14, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "I have suffered from osteoarthritis for roughly 8yrs now and am 35yrs old. My condition effects me through out both legs, feet, mid back going down to the base, right shoulder, parts of my collar bone, left forearm, right wrist and parts of both hand and fingers as well as left thumb. My GP has tried a number of different medicines which include diclofenac, ketoprofen, naproxen and one other. None of which ever helped and had bad reaction to the naproxen which caused really high blood pressure and pins and needles in both legs (sitting down or standing up). I was taken off that after being on it for 11 months and as of Monday gone (today being Thursday) I've been put on nabumetone 500mg slow. I'm sleeping like a baby and in less pain."

Anonymous December 15, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I have a back injury that flares up from time to time and when it does it requires a significant amount of medication. I dislike taking opiates but found myself taking way too high of a dose of Ibuprofen on a regular basis and found it no longer working effectively. Relafen works great. I do get a slight bit of initial dizziness for about 20 minutes after I take it and I'm a bit drowsier than normal but the pain relief is well worth it. I sleep great at night, no more waking up or tossing and turning."

Anonymous December 10, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Frozen Shoulder: "Very helpful for my frozen shoulder pain with no side effects."

Anonymous November 12, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It did help, but to many side effects. Worst one was leg cramps at night for me."

Anonymous November 9, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Sciatica: "I have not experienced any side effects whatsoever. I take 1500 mgs every night after supper. I went from not sleeping due to pain in my right leg to sleeping the whole night through. Also, I had become so stiff it was hard getting up and down out of chairs and out of the car. With this medicine, I am up and down like a normal 40 year old, rather than an 80 year old. I am so very grateful for this medicine."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Muscle Pain: "Did absolutely nothing for my back-muscle pain. "

LM. September 27, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I started taking it 2 days ago and have not had any side effects. My sleep has improved tremendously."

seale August 14, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Muscle Pain: "I was given this medication after I injured both feet in sparring in my Thai boxing class. After two weeks of slow healing a second doctor gave me this and it sped up healing. Upon returning to class and new injuries it works well."

Anonymous May 19, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Osteoarthritis: "What started out as a simple back strain/sprain at 19 yrs old has, over the years, evolved into an all encompassing condition leaving me with Multiple Sclerosis, handicapped and needing a walker for any mobility. Through the years I have been on NSAIDs which have proven time and again to be so helpful in relieving pain to where I was taking 3200 mg of ibuprofen/day. Finally given Relafen, which has saved my stomach from all the pain medicines and ibuprofen. Have never had a problem with Relafen (nabumetone) over the 7 yrs I've been on them, and they continue to be instrumental in relief from daily pains due to MS. A great product!"

frankietg May 10, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Muscle Pain: "I had a severe inflamed left arm. Many medicines did not work. I then took Relafen, one tablet one hour before bedtime with food and then at bedtime I took another. The next morning the inflammation, which was in my whole arm, was gone and I was able to pinpoint the area of the inflammation with pinpoint accuracy. I was operated at that spot. A few years later I had a severe inflammation in my right foot. It would not go away so I then took the same dose that night. The next morning the inflammation was gone. "

ART J April 27, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "Did not help my back pain"

xxlane January 27, 2011

For Sciatica: "Taking 500mg in the morning and late afternoon, I haven't had any benefits."

zipitydodah August 3, 2010