User Reviews for CellCept

Learn more about CellCept.

Nephrotic Syndrome 1 reviews 42 medications

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis 7 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of CellCept reviews 8 reviews 8.6

Reviews for CellCept

For Nephrotic Syndrome "I was reluctant to take this medication but essentially had no choice when faced with the possibility of losing my kidneys. It saved my kidneys and also helped greatly with my other SLE symptoms (joint pain, neuropathy and lung issues to name a few). I also can't tolerate steroids, so luckily CellCept combined with Plaquenil has kept things under control without having to add Prednisone in the mix. I did experience some issues with dizziness, hair loss and insomnia, but they have tapered off after being on it for a year now; still have problems sleeping at times though and am now experiencing some anxiety. I'm also concerned about the long term effects ie. lymphoma risks and it's very expensive, but overall it saved my life."

Smed October 17, 2014

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "I have had 3 Kidney Transplants and I've been on Cellcept 2 different times. The last time I was on Cellcept, for 7 years it worked well until I developed Cellcept Colitis. I was extremely sick and found myself in the hospital. The doctors discontinued Cellcept and now I am on Imuran."

3rd times the charm (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2014

"I was diagnose MG for three years, having plasma weekly but still not response. Currently taking cellcept, it seems response well within two days. Hopefully it help my symtoms so I don't have to have plasma weekly"

Anonymous February 16, 2011

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "I had a liver transplant Feb '06 and have taken 1000mg twice a day now for a couple years. Before that dosage changed a bit to get correct dosage. I also take tacrolimus (prograf 1mg twice a day) I have had no side effects--expensive but luckily I have a plan."

Anonymous March 29, 2010

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "I had a liver transplant in 2001 and was put on both CellCept and Prograf. When my creatine reached 2.1 I was taken off Prograf and put on 2000 mg a day of CellCept. I have had no side effects. I only problem is the cost, I am now on Medicare and will be in the donut hole after 4 months."

Anonymous January 27, 2010

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "I had a liver transplantation in 1997, and been on Sadimmun Neoral for 13 years. In 2009 my Doctor decided to switch to Cellcept because my creatinine level rose from 1,3 to 1,7 (Kidney). I have been on both Neoral and Cellcept over the whole Summer of 2009. I did not feel well and finally in Nov. 2009 I had a Hyper Blood-sugar shock of 1402, Was hospitalized, now I am slowly recovering with Insulin BS 100-200. Ii switched back to Sandimmun 25-0-50 but my Doctor wants to switch again to Cellcept. I'm afraid to get a Hyperglycemia again."

franz_Sadimm_Cellcept January 20, 2010

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "Had kidney transplant almost 3 years ago, seems to be working great for me."

jaymo November 2, 2009

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus "I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in November of 2006. I've been taking Cellcept 2000mg a day since then. It has helped me tremendously! I hadn't experienced any real side effects until recently. I started having anxiety attacks after being put on the generic version of Cellcept."

Arveel c. October 28, 2009

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus "I was diagnosed with Lupus April 20, 2009. I was prescribed Cellcept and still on it. I notice a difference in the joint pain if I haven't taken my dose yet. The disadvantage is the stomach issues it causes. My doctor also prescribed me Imodium. That helps a lot."

Jennifer-GA October 26, 2009

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "I have had a heart transplant. This drug has kept me alive for the last 18 months. Thank you. Fortunately I have suffered no side effects."

Kay Geigh October 16, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking this for about 6 months now and it has greatly reduced the inflammation and pain caused by inflammation of the arthritis. The only complaint I have is that if I take it in the morning as the doctor wants me to (1000mg 2xday) I am drowsy the whole day."

Anonymous October 10, 2009

For Myasthenia Gravis "I have suffered from MG for 9 years. My original symptoms were mostly ocular with some generalized symptoms. I tested negative for AcR antibodies. I was on high dose Prednisone for a long time. When the symptoms came back, I told my Neuroogist that we had to find something else and he recommended we try CellCept. It works but there are side effects (mostly just annoying) and long term risks."

WBart September 1, 2009

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus "Taking 2000mg a day with mild side effects. Tremors in my hands when I first started and when the dose was increased. Those have since stopped. Also experience some sleep problems, but this could also be due to another medication. My body responded very well to the medication and my condition has significantly improved in just a few months. Hoping for continued success on the medication."

Anonymous August 14, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis "This stuff to me was the miracle drug. I had been put on Imuran, Asacol, and neither of them helped at all. In fact, they worsened the condition. My new doctor put me on Cellcept and within 3-4 days, all of the symptoms were gone, like there was never a problem to start with. To me, Cellcept is the greatest thing since sliced bread."

Anonymous August 4, 2009

For Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis "But too expensive. I'm 27 years old with no insurance and I'm paying close to $1000 a month."

Anonymous July 22, 2009

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus "I was diagnosed with LUPUS on March 9, 2009 and put on Cellcept. I do have some of the side effects which I am working through. Hopefully this will be my answer to a long and happy life."

suesan April 6, 2009

For Myasthenia Gravis "I have been on CellCept for almost 3 years. I started taking it with an IVIG treatment and was taken off the IV to see if I can get by with just the CellCept. My oncologist wants me off it because of the increased risk of lymphmona. I will start trying to get off it in April."

Mrs. D March 21, 2009

For Uveitis "While this medicine is keeping me from going blind, it upsets me every time I read the information about it (not suitable during pregnancy). I want to get pregnant but it is impossible for me to be taken off this medication without going blind. It looks like I'll never be able to have a child."

Anonymous February 26, 2009

For Autoimmune Hepatitis "I waS diagnosed with acute hepatitis Jan 1, 2006 and was told I needed a liver transplant as soon as possible. Started Imuran shortly thereafter - no response - MELD climbed to 35. Went on Cellcept and liver enzymes, etc returned to normal range. Now on Prednisone and Cellcept after a minor enzyme spike - enzymes now normal. I STILL HAVE MY OWN LIVER."

Matdijul February 5, 2009

For Pulmonary Fibrosis "I have been on 3000mg this drug for about 3 months. Little side effect. "

Anonymous January 5, 2009

For Myasthenia Gravis "Taking Cellcept for my Myasthenia Gravis has allowed me to live a symptom free, normal life."

Anonymous December 9, 2008

For Myasthenia Gravis "Cellcept works for many with Myasthenia Gravis, but not all. Thank God it has worked for me. I would be taking huge amounts of steroids or some other even more potent immunosuppressents if it was not for Cellcept. Thank you Roche."

Anonymous August 14, 2008

For Myasthenia Gravis "I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. It had affected my left eye. I lost control of the eyeball movement and the eyelid had to be manually opened. I have been taking 2 grams of cellcept daily for six months. I had an immediate positive response to the medication and the eye function improved 90% within a month. In the following months eye improvement was slow with small incremental improvements. Now the eyelid is working as expected. The left eyeball is not following the right eye. There are no sides effects."

S.S. Corps user July 27, 2008

For Myasthenia Gravis "I have Myasthenia Gravis and I have been taking Cellcept for two years. It saved my life."

Anonymous April 12, 2008

For Autoimmune Hepatitis "This drug saved my little brother's life."

Anonymous April 9, 2008