User Reviews for Bactroban

Learn more about Bactroban.

Skin and Structure Infection 11 reviews 61 medications

8.1
Nasal Carriage of St...ylococcus aureus 2 reviews 7 medications

5.5
Summary of Bactroban reviews 13 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Bactroban

Review by delray1425 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: After several uses of this effective medication I started having a sense of dizziness, shortness of breath and shaking. Now if I use it just once I have an occurrence of the same symptoms. I think I have an allergy to Bactroban which gets worse every time I use it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 7, 2014 4:57 PM
Review by beverly1956 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: As per procedure, before a hospital stay for a knee replacement I had to have my nose swabbed. Prior to this I had a scab in my nose that hurt so I had been using Bactroban on it. When I went for my surgery everyone was gowning up before they came into my room because apparently my nose swab results came back positive for MRSA, and the Bactroban was detected as well. I was told Bactroban was the right medicine to use for the infection and actually by the time of my surgery my nose was already healed.

December 6, 2012 4:34 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: After 3 days infection is not getting better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2012 3:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: Love this medicine. I got impetigo a few years back. A few days of applying this and it was completely gone. Works great for acne, too. Something I always keep in my medicine cabinet.

January 7, 2012 7:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: This cream is causing stinging and burning.

July 20, 2011 11:22 AM
Review by For so many things: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: Was first given this for a skin infection on face that began on younger daughter 12 then spread to mother and older daughter. It was like acne that would not heal and would scab and spread. Worked well.

January 26, 2011 2:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: This medication is a miracle drug. My 4yr old daughter had a rash that nothing could cure then 2 days after using this cream, I saw an amazing difference. She has extremely dry skin in the winter which she scratches to the point of bleeding sometimes, but not anymore. At the first sign of dry/irritated skin, I apply this cream and it works like magic. Also used it on a rash I developed on my legs and the same thing. The itching stops almost immediately. This cream is a staple in our medicine cabinet.

March 25, 2010 8:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: Using this on 5 year old's impetigo. She has a nasty lesion on the web on skin between her index and third finger. Nothing was helping it, but within one application of this stuff I saw a difference. I'm grateful to whoever discovered this product.

December 13, 2009 4:55 PM

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: As a correctional nurse specializing in wound care, I have found that this heals abcesses and "spider bites" with amazing speed. Noticeable healing within 24 hours. Wish it were available OTC, it would be a staple in my medicine cabinet.

October 16, 2009 12:26 AM
Review by Severe Adverse Reaction: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: I'm suffering from severe tendonitis/arthralgia or bursitis that is excruciating, to the point of absolute tears, when I awaken. It takes all I have to endure the sharp, searing pains that race through my shoulders, elbows, back (lower and upper and I am still recovering from back surgery/instrumentation), my legs and feet, my hips. I can honestly say I am experiencing pain on level "12" on 0-ten scale. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It takes me a half hour to get out of bed. By about two hours, my pain medicines from my back pain (intractable) take effect and I am able to hobble. Throughout the day, I gain a little more mobility. I watch the symptoms move about my body; not diminishing, only moving. At night, it starts again.

September 20, 2009 11:56 PM
Review by Chuck on Mondays at 8:

Bactroban (mupirocin): I used this cream when I was younger on everything: cuts, burns, and even acne; and it worked like a charm. I haven't used it in about 8 years, but if it works the same, it's a miracle cream.

July 27, 2009 3:44 PM
Review by LOWRYDER: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: My doctor told me to use it on my ears as I was getting yellow and red bumps that were painful to the touch. This stuff really works. My ears cleared up in about 4 to 5 day. The only side effect I had was it felt like my ears were getting a little warm for about 5 minutes but that soon went away.

February 6, 2009 3:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: I was first given this product while traveling in the Philippines. The pharmacist recommended Bactroban to treat a mild skin infection on my foot which I got from wearing flip flops too long in wet, sandy conditions. The area cleared up in less than two days. It has been in my medicine cabinet ever since.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 4, 2008 9:54 PM
Review by 5564: User Rating:

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: It's great.

August 17, 2008 4:29 PM

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).