User Reviews for Bactroban

Learn more about Bactroban.

Bactroban review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 73 medications used in the treatment of Skin and Structure Infection.

Reviews for Bactroban to treat Skin and Structure Infection

Review by beverly1956 (taken for less than 1 month):

As per procedure, before a hospital stay for a knee replacement I had to have my nose swabbed. Prior to this I had a scab in my nose that hurt so I had been using Bactroban on it. When I went for my surgery everyone was gowning up before they came into my room because apparently my nose swab results came back positive for MRSA, and the Bactroban was detected as well. I was told Bactroban was the right medicine to use for the infection and actually by the time of my surgery my nose was already healed.

December 6, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

After 3 days infection is not getting better.

August 11, 2012 3:28 PM

Love this medicine. I got impetigo a few years back. A few days of applying this and it was completely gone. Works great for acne, too. Something I always keep in my medicine cabinet.

January 7, 2012 7:28 AM

This cream is causing stinging and burning.

July 20, 2011 11:22 AM

Review by For so many things:

Was first given this for a skin infection on face that began on younger daughter 12 then spread to mother and older daughter. It was like acne that would not heal and would scab and spread. Worked well.

January 26, 2011 2:05 AM

This medication is a miracle drug. My 4yr old daughter had a rash that nothing could cure then 2 days after using this cream, I saw an amazing difference. She has extremely dry skin in the winter which she scratches to the point of bleeding sometimes, but not anymore. At the first sign of dry/irritated skin, I apply this cream and it works like magic. Also used it on a rash I developed on my legs and the same thing. The itching stops almost immediately. This cream is a staple in our medicine cabinet.

March 25, 2010 8:38 PM

Using this on 5 year old's impetigo. She has a nasty lesion on the web on skin between her index and third finger. Nothing was helping it, but within one application of this stuff I saw a difference. I'm grateful to whoever discovered this product.

December 13, 2009 4:55 PM

As a correctional nurse specializing in wound care, I have found that this heals abcesses and "spider bites" with amazing speed. Noticeable healing within 24 hours. Wish it were available OTC, it would be a staple in my medicine cabinet.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2009 12:26 AM

Review by LOWRYDER:

My doctor told me to use it on my ears as I was getting yellow and red bumps that were painful to the touch. This stuff really works. My ears cleared up in about 4 to 5 day. The only side effect I had was it felt like my ears were getting a little warm for about 5 minutes but that soon went away.

February 6, 2009 3:54 AM

I was first given this product while traveling in the Philippines. The pharmacist recommended Bactroban to treat a mild skin infection on my foot which I got from wearing flip flops too long in wet, sandy conditions. The area cleared up in less than two days. It has been in my medicine cabinet ever since.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2008 9:54 PM