User Reviews for Metanx

Dietary Supplementation 11 reviews 475 medications

9.2
Summary of Metanx reviews 11 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Metanx

For Dietary Supplementation "Within a week my night time pain, from diabetic Neuropathy, which usually wakes me up like clock work around 4am, was gone. For the first time in years I was able to clean my house without the help of a cleaning company. I hope the positive effects of Metanx last."

GSierraGold April 1, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation "My peripheral neuropathy made my feet become so heavy that I could not move them. Since starting on Metanex I have experienced a wonderful relief of my symptoms. I no longer have to use my Walker and my foot heaviness has all but disappeared. I experienced this improvement in less than two weeks on the medication."

dons hardware (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation "I've been on Metanx for 5 years since my podiatrist prescribed it. No pain at all anymore In my feet and calfs."

sister 2 September 20, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation "I am 79. About 2 years ago, I had a hard time going to sleep, because of burning, bee-stinging type pain in my feet (peripheral neuropathy in feet), plus calf cramps. Within about 3 weeks from start of Metanx, no more pain, nor cramps. Works great. I only take 1 cap/day. No side effects that I know of."

Bobbowhale (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 25, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation "I have been on Metanx for almost 4 yrs. I do not have diabetic neuropathy, I started having foot and leg pain after back surgery, which I was told was nerve damage due to the pressure on my disc. I have found relief from this supplement especially at night when the leg and foot pain is the worst. If I have had a active day on my feet doing my dog sport that I love "Agility" the pain will start by late afternoon and sometimes I will not get the relief I would like but, I can't really say if it is from over doing? I have stopped it for a month at times to see if it really did help and I found it did. I am now watching my sugar intake, eating less processed foods hoping this will help."

JB1965 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation "I have taken Metanx for about 7 years. My podiatrist prescribed it, but when I had a knee replaced, I asked every one at hospital about interaction..should I stop taking it before surgery (and since you get blood thinners in hospital and after coming home for 21 days) no one KNEW except an anesthesiologist..who said it was also prescribed by cardiologist. It is now also being seen as a help in dementia/altheimezer patients. It is great for the neuropathy, but it also lowered my blood pressure, and lowers my body temperature as well..i feel cooler when I take it..don't know why, but it effect me that way."

Wendy Sue January 21, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation "I have been on Metanx for over 1 yr-started due to fibromyalgia and lack of energy. The difference was amazing. Insurance use to cover it at $50/month but recently went up to $120/month causing me to have to drop using it. Great medicine to help with energy and muscle pains too!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation "Suffered for three years with muscle/large and small bone pain, fatigue, and a feeling of deep depression and weakness. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Went to endocrinologist because of concern over glucose intolerance. He listened to my three year history of failed attempts to diagnose, thousands of $$$ spent, etc. He prescribed the then two month old Metanax. I was 47 at the time but felt 65 with a threat of forced retirement. Within one month my pain was fading. I have Been pain free ever since and the medicine also has given me the energy of a 30 year old WITH no side effects. I still thank him every six months during my check up! "

Cinzyw (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2012

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation "I take Mentanx for diabetic neuropathy and it has been wonderful for the pain and the feeling like my feet are in fire. It didn't help with the deep itching in my foot. My Doctor ended up giving me Lyrica for that."

passionplay October 26, 2011

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation "Some medical conditions may interact with Metanx. Metanx is contraindicated if you have anemia. "

gwu76 June 26, 2011

For Dietary Supplementation "I have been on METANX for diabetic neuropathy (and I am anemic) and now my energy level has been greatly diminished."

chips1930 December 22, 2010

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate