User Reviews for MS Contin

Learn more about MS Contin.

Pain 39 reviews 1070 medications

8.4
Chronic Pain 33 reviews 111 medications

7.8
Summary of MS Contin reviews 72 reviews 8.1

Reviews for MS Contin

For Chronic Pain "I take it for chronic back & foot pain. I had been taking OxyContin ER, but insurance isn't covering that anymore. I am not a fan of short-acting meds, trying to stay on top of pain with them. MS Contin seems to be working only slightly less effectively as the OxyContin ER. More dry mouth, less sedating tho. Both seem about equal on other side effects. I'm happy with it!"

Yendo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I find it nearly impossible to see how MS contin 30 is equivalent to 20mg of oxycodone. In comparison, they are night and day different. The MScontin hardly does a thing at all! The oxycodone helped much, much more. Two of my back doctors took me off it because others abuse it. Seems the doctor's care more about junkies that chronic pain patients."

No help -Failed back surgeries (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Did not help with much pain maybe a slight bit and only for an hour at most made me break out and itch till i was bleeding"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Chronic Pain "It wears off too quick"

Dog head January 25, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I took this b4 when I had open heart. Worked very well. Now I have just finished my 5th hip surgery and the Vics 5 a day dont help much. This 15mg makes me really tired. "

Day56 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

For Pain "I have had 14 operations and where my back and neck was broke kills me. I have 4 bulging disc and my m s contin 60 mgs is not working anymore"

Gobbler 1 November 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have been in chronic pain for many years I have c1 c2 3 4 5 6 7 9 of the spine bone spurs sister after on my spine spinal stenosis scoliosis l5 is degenerative degenerative disc disease degenerative joint disease multiple sclerosis my hip is cracked on both sides I have six kinds of cyst on my head there is no gap on my head every bone is cracked debbie is cracked both knees are bad nerve damage in my hands and on my legs have been on methadone 60 milligrams for about 5 years and oxycodone 15 milligrams 4 times a day for breakthrough pain that worked great but they switched me to morphine sulfate er 60 mill today's tI'm not going through withdrawals but it still not help my pain has anybodafter switching from methadone to morphine sulfate"

johnny bug (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain "suffering from ME/CFS for over 25 yrs; morphine is ONLY med that decreased pain to tolerable level; take 75mg 3xday with 10mg statex(also morphine) for "breakout"pain; impossible to "forget" a dose; as the pain lets you know within an hour;1maj. side eff.constipation;controlled by250mg/magnesium 4xday"

ivica ME/CFS August 22, 2015

For Chronic Pain "This medication works however the side effect of constant headaches are enough to drive a person crazy!"

Mrbackpain69 August 10, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Very good medication (as they go) for chronic,intractable back pain. Works well with NSAIDs to keep pain at a tolerable level, without frequent dose changing. Needs to have a breakthrough med with it. Fast acting morphine a good choice."

SpiritSeer622 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain "This medication gave me my life back! I'm 20, been dealing with chronic testicular and pelvic pain from a sports injury (I tore a muscle in my pelvis which radiates pain to the scrotum). I can't begin to describe how wonderful MS Contin works for my pain. I was on OxyContin 30 mg twice a day and it provided no relief. It was also outrageously expensive. My pain doctor switched me to MS Contin 30 mg twice a day and it's been a Godsend and a lifesaver! It brings my pain down from an 8/10 to a 4/10 and lower! I can now function throughout the day, work, go out places, and spend time with friends. It's affordable, no side effects, and it even gives me a lift!"

JohnnyAthens (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2015

For Pain "I have had chronic, constant migraine for 40 years, complicated by Fibromyalgia which added all over body pain. After years with various short acting pain meds like Lortab and Percocet, my doctor finally tried OxyContin first (worked, but I got tolerant very quickly) and finally MS-Contin, with Percocet as my breakthrough med. My life changed immediately. I take 30mg MS 4 times per day, with up to 3 Percocet. This dosage has not changed in 15 years, and allowed me to return to work full time. I have a (relatively) normal life with occasional days that are bad. MS-Continue was not available in generic form when I started and cost a huge amount every month. Happily, it's generic now and extremely affordable. It saved my sanity."

Ladybell232 May 2, 2015

For Chronic Pain "MS Contin 200mg x2 am/ 2pm, Allows me to function more than without it. I'm actually out of the bed more than before I started. I don't get the highs & lows of taking short acting pain meds around the clock. I get a steady release of pain control. Of course I have breakthrough dilauid 8mg tabs as needed. I have Chronic Pain, multiple Lumbar Spine Fusions, Cervical Spine Compression ( all levels) Currently advised to get total Cervical Fusion, but didn't get medical approval for surgery. This medicine is a life preserver!"

JerseyGirl1980 April 8, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Had been on time release OxyContin, 20 mg., 2x daily for 2.5 years for severe neuropathy and arthritis in both feet. But insurance changed and had to switch to MS Contin's generic, Morphine ER, 30mg., twice a day. Was dubious this would be as effective as OxyContin, but has worked like a charm! Been on it for a year now, same dosage. Before time-release pain meds, I was in SO much pain. Now, I'm nearly pain free and its given me my life back. I can't do too much strenuous walking, but can do things like run errands or take my daughter to the mall. I'm in the process of talking to my dr. about something for breakthrough pain, which hits when I overdo it, or sometimes around the 10 hour mark, and have 2 hours to wait."

Dee5336 March 22, 2015

For Chronic Pain "This medication was a life saver in the fact that it returned my quality of life back to me. I was on this medication for over 5 years at 30mg twice daily; never needed an increase in dosage. What I loved most about this medication was that it was a great pain reliever without the typical "high" feeling of opiates. When insurance didn't cover the medication, I was able to find it at a hospital (Non profit) pharmacy for around $30/month. The only downside to this medication is coming off of it. I came off of it when I was pregnant and felt withdrawals for the longest I've ever felt withdrawals from an opiate. The next time I came off of it, I quit cold turkey, which reduced withdrawal time in half."

StephanieAlice (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 5, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Taking MS Contin 30mg four times a day for over five years. I use 4mg Hydromorphone for immediate release, breakthrough pain when and if needed. Usually (if needed) the Hydromorphone dose required is about 8 mg. Because I am taking these medicines for a serious back injury in which I suffered 3 crushed vertebra, occasionally the pain gets out of control. Usually after ill-advised physical activity at a level beyond that which I am accustomed to. At those times it often requires the MS Contin and a dose of Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) to bring the pain back to a controlled level. When taking MS Contin and Hydromorphone together, there is a period of drowsiness that passes in about 1/2 hour. I just make sure I am not driving or out and about if such a dose is needed."

Rio Verde guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2014

For Chronic Pain "I was in a really bad car wreck in which I had temporary paralysis due to C3 and C4 fractures and was in a halo for almost 4 months. I would have never survived physical therapy and everyday movement with out this medication."

MommaDragan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

For Chronic Pain "I suffer from severe pelvic and abdominal adhesions and severe pelvic pain as a result. It was from a combination of several surgeries, GI issues, endometriosis, bleeding ovarian cysts etc. I am going to be 30 this year and the condition has robbed me of most of my twenties. For years I have tried Percocet, Dilaudid, Lortab, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine, injections in my nerves, Lyrica, topimarate. They only work for a short time and then I have to pretty much live my life around my pain medicine schedule. Then after my last 2 surgeries, the pain got better and was slightly okay with Lortab but not good enough. I started MS Contin 15mg twice a day last week and I have been virtually pain free. I even forget to take the second dose sometimes."

Anon718 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Took my pain from a 9 to a 2! Lasts all day and rarely have to take my break through pain medication. I have ADHD, Chronic Pain, Panic Attack Disorder. MS Contin, 180 twice a day Oxycodone IR, 30mg every four hours 6mg when required of Xanax IR Adderall, 30mg IR twice a day"

HurtsSoyoung January 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Great results!"

JGM (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2013

For Chronic Pain "I have rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, foraminal stenosis, bulging discs, nerve damage in both hands, both knees "going out" and bursitis in both hips and I'm only 28 years old. I have been on Lortabs 10/500 and Oxycodone 20mg for years, but they never lasted long enough for my chronic pain. So my doctor tried me on MS Contin 100mg 2 x daily and then Lortab 10/325 for breakthrough pain. WOW, what a difference that was, my pain was more under controlled and I was getting more sleep and was able to do some of the things I used to enjoy."

Redsouthgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I was prescribed 60 mg MSContin twice a day switching from the 50mcg/hr fentanyl patch because of side effects problems and the fact it only works for the first two days. I was diagnosed with fairly severe osteoarthritis and degenerative disk disease, last year at the age of 26. After wearing the patch for a few months my natural pain tolerance nearly vanished. Now taking this MS-Contin feels like taking aspirin or a small ER/CR hydrocodone dose. "

John0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

For Chronic Pain "My fabulous pain management Dr. Just put me on 30mg twice a day I have been taking this dose for a week now, I'm also taking Norco-10/325 up to eight a day and Soma 350mg. I have been taking these medicines for several years now. I have relief from taking the Norco and Soma but it just didn't seem to last as long, would wake up in the middle of the night hurting real bad, but seems like since the Dr has put me on this MS-Contin 30mg twice daily has really helped with constant relief, God bless my Dr. No side effects so far."

wounded horse (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2013

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I am taking this for my chronic pain, along with Hydrocodone 15mg x 4 daily for breakthrough pain. These seem to work well for me but I end up sleeping A LOT because of them. "

Sarah 17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Having severe chronic neck pain from an accident. Ms-Contin works great to help me live my day to day life easier."

jamieleec June 27, 2013