Medication Guide App

Pain 29 reviews 912 medications

Summary of Kadian reviews 36 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Kadian

Review by keenone (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: Lumbar, 3 level fusion with hardware. Cervical, 3 level fusion with hardware. Take 200mg every night. The best pain medicine ever taken. After 4 years on same dose, fighting with insurance company for higher dose.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by yjn (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Two scripts (different mg) Kadian(brand only) therapeutic amount by far the best long acting narcotic I've taken (with Lyrica ,Topomax , Zanaflex, etc). Struck by lightning- neurological effects; fibromyalgia; thoracic outlet syndrome; spinal stenosis in cervical, thoracic & lumbar. 3 level lumbar decompression -power wheelchair; thoracic spinal surgery, and so much more.

February 25, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by nrl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Aside from making me sleepy about 6 hours after taking the capsule, didn't help much with pain.

December 13, 2013 5:02 PM

Review by Anita9:

For Chronic Pain: This works for me with very few side effects.

October 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by ogle:

For Chronic Pain: I have a crushed unhealed ankle for nine and half years. I feel everything in my bones. I've taken morphine sulfate all this time because it's the only thing that works. Everything else makes me dizzy.

April 19, 2013 12:37 PM

Review by tammymelton (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was on Kadian for a few years and this medicine worked well for me. If the doctors prescribe it the right way (increasing the dosage every month or so) then it can be a very effective medicine. Sadly after several years I was switched to Opana.

April 1, 2013 7:13 PM

Review by motleymel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Two failed spinal fusions, spinal stenosis, crushed disc above fusion

December 30, 2012 3:08 PM

For Pain: After reading so many people say that Kadian gave them so much relief from their chronic pain I was willing to give it a try. I had been taking Oxycodone 30mg 4 X's a day and felt amazing but they are now trying to get rid of all Oxycodone and Oxycontin because it has become such an epidemic on the street. So, we had to switch to something else. She started me on Kadian 60mg 2 X's a day with Percocet 10s every 6 hrs. The Kadian does absolutely nothing for my pain so she increased it to 80mg and still no relief. I have degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc and fibromyalgia. Oxycodone was the only thing that seemed to help.

April 7, 2012 12:35 PM

Review by Gouchybear:

For Pain: I've been taking Kadian 60mg 2x day for severe back, knee, hip and hand pain. I have a failed knee replacement from 10 years ago and have been taking Kadian ever since. Controlled pain mostly but also taking Norco 10/325 two pills 3x day for breakthrough. Just yesterday my pain doctor increased the Kadian to 80mg in the morning and 60mg at night. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the pain relief I get from Kadian. I tried Fentanyl patch with no relief (then I heard of the deaths caused by the patch), and tried Oxycontin and again no relief, so Kadian is for me. Only issue is it is extremely expensive.

September 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Review by Screwed spine:

For Pain: I have had six spine surgeries in the past four years. All of them some type of fusion. Have been on every type of pain medicine there is. Plus all the injections and nerve burns, even some radiation treatments. Doctor had me on Embeda for several years and then it was recalled. I have been taking Kadian for six months now and it helps me get through the day. I also take oxycodone six times along with it . Kadian does not take all the pain away but along with the other drugs at least I can function. Good luck all!

July 6, 2011 2:50 PM

Review by sickerthanu:

For Pain: Kadian is the only pain medicine that has worked wonders for pain and staying on the dose my physician gave me. Unfortunate that not all physicians understand pain.

December 12, 2010 8:53 PM

For Pain: Chronic pain associated with ulcerative colitls and multiple bowel surgeries. Had large intestine removed, now have permanent ileostomy. I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance, and after trying out the fentanyl transdermal patch (50 mcg every 48 hrs) and taking 10-12 Percocet 10/325 a day, my pain management doctor prescribed Kadian 30 mg every 12 hrs and Percocet for my breakthrough pain. Kadian has been amazing and is helping me get back to my day-to-day life.

November 25, 2010 4:18 AM

Review by painmagnet:

For Pain: I am 54 years old. Started having back problems in 1985. Have endured 2 lower back surgeries, the latter being a spinal fusion. I've been on Kadian for about 3 1/2 years. Prior to that I was on Darvocet, Oxycontin, and methodone, but had adverse reactions to all of them. When my doctor tried me on 20mg of Kadian it wasn't strong enough. But I slowly elevated to 80mg and it's been better than anything I've ever had.

October 22, 2009 12:23 AM

For Pain: I was in a car wreck about 2.5 years ago, which broke the Harrington rods I had in my back for scoliosis since the age of 15. I am now 28 and feel like I am 80! I have been on Tylenol 3s & 4s, Vicodin 10mg, Oxycodone 15mg, and then Kadian finally helped me. I have been on the Kadian 30mg twice a day for about 9 or 10 months. It gave me hope, although it does take a couple weeks to start to really kick in. No high feeling, and really takes the base pain away. Soon I will have the rod taken out and that probably wont help the C2,3,4 in my neck and the L5 and S1 discs that are smashed and pushing into my spinal cord. But I can give my 5 year old a bath, walk the dog, etc. It is about $383 per month insurance covering the cost! Saved my life!

October 7, 2009 5:25 PM

Review by Scott L 58:

For Pain: I was disabled in law enforcement and have had 27 orthopedic surgeries to my knees and 2 to my right arm and 4 to my right shoulder and 3 partial disc removals from L4-L5 then permanent fusion to L4-L5. I am in constant pain for over 20 yrs. Went to pain management doctor's who did everything from temporary to permanent nerve burns, injections you name it. They finally put me on Kadian and it was the best thing ever. I was finally able to get back to work, stop walking with a cane, and enjoy my life a lot more than what I had over the last 12 years of the 20 in pain. I was to the point of almost wanting to end it. The only drawback is they are no longer going to make the 100mg capsules that I take, and they are expensive.

October 5, 2009 12:40 AM

For Pain: One 60mg tablet made me so sick. I threw up all day. When I wasn't throwing up, I was sleeping.

September 25, 2009 11:48 PM

Review by kasie50:

For Pain: I have been on the Fentanyl Patch for 8 years and decided that I was so tired of the brain fog that I had from this drug that I asked the doctor to put me on Kadian and I don't have the brain fog anymore and Kadian keeps my pain level down enough for me to function in everyday life, I have CRPS and spondylosis in my neck with two bulging disc so no surgery for me. My only complaint is constipation.

September 20, 2009 12:43 PM

Review by jpaulyarnell:

For Pain: Pain relief is fast and lasts a few hours. I've never had anything like it.

September 3, 2009 3:24 PM

Review by kramer70:

For Pain: Osteoarthritis in knee (severe under knee cap only - mild to moderate elsewhere). Doctor tried everything, did not believe in "long term pain medicines" would rather do total knee replacement. Since I am only 40 I found another Doctor, he believes people who are in pain 24/7 need pain medicines 24/7. Put me on Kadian, WOW, marathon anybody??

August 30, 2009 1:09 AM

Review by 19debwelcut49:

For Pain: I have recently had to stop using the Fentanyl patches, after several years of good results. But my body finally said it had had enough. So, I tried Kadian, which stopped working after a week or so. Now I am on Opana ER, which seems to do a fair job, but it feels too much like Demerol. I take 20mg twice a day, and was using 80mg twice of Kadian, 100mg of Fentanyl every 48 yours. I wish they would make Fentanyl in a pill form. I have no "woosy" feeling with it. I have 5 ruptured discs in my lower back, as well as stenosis, etc. I have tried surgeries, stimulator, etc.

July 4, 2009 1:42 PM

Review by Kristi2177:

For Pain: Kadian has saved my life. I have degenerative disc disease, and was unable to do much of anything painless, I barely got off of the couch. Now I am up cleaning my house, playing with my baby and participating in life. My pain scale was a 8 on most days and with Kadian and other medication for breakthrough pain I am at a 1.5 just about everyday.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2009 3:42 PM

Review by Utahangelgirl:

For Pain: It has given me back my life. I am going to school, am happy and doing things I never thought possible.

May 24, 2009 8:45 PM

For Pain: Have been taking kadian for two months and it has taken my lower back pain from an 8 on pain scale to a 2. Wonderful not having to take four to six vicodin but one capsule of kadian a day.

May 12, 2009 7:17 PM

Review by Chaplain.D:

For Pain: I was injured in a coal mining accident that broke my back. The pain was horrific. The doctors I was seeing first put me on Lortab 5 and that did not do a thing. After several years I was placed in the care of a physical therapist doctor, I can't remember the name. He perscribed Oxycontin and that made me so sick. He placed me on MS Contin and that made me more sick than before, but then he put me on Kadian, the same thing as MS Contin, morphine sulfate, but it was better. It took care of the pain and stopped making me sick. It is a good medication.

May 8, 2009 5:06 PM

For Pain: I've been on Kadian for 8 months (car accident 3 years ago, suffering from extensive postural and disc and recently diagnosed PTVS symptoms since). I'm 22 and started feeling able to live my life again after taking Kadian (10mg 2 x day) and it seemed to make my mood better. It no longer works at current dose and doctor won't move up a dose, and doesn't believe in short-acting medicines. First 6 months it really did wonders and gave me a lot of my life back. Constipation is brutal with this medicine - I take Miralax daily with some relief. Withdrawals are horrific.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2009 11:33 AM